OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 40]

Peaches

Thanks @skywalkersaga. Shoot, I'm getting so confused finding parts, I forgot you gave me suggestions a page back! I tackled some shoes today, LOL, and I think my brain melted! Thanks again!

skywalkersaga

Peaches wrote:Thanks @skywalkersaga. Shoot, I'm getting so confused finding parts, I forgot you gave me suggestions a page back!  I tackled some shoes today, LOL, and I think my brain melted!  Thanks again!

It's totally ok! Hope it helps! <3

skywalkersaga

Whoops, meant to add -- if it's for Zoe, and you'll need to paint it, then I recommend the one in the second link I posted. The first one has a rubber torso, which would make it incompatible with painting, while the second one is entirely plastic which is much more ideal for that!

Peaches

Yes, it really helps. I guess the height given is without the head then? Cool, I think the first one looks great!
Oh gosh, yes, you are right. Gotta think on how to color it too :/

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The first one might be more visually appealing, but you would not be able to paint the upper chest area on it, unfortunately. The only way to colour that one would be to stain it via Rit fabric dye, which is a difficult and smelly process that doesn't always guarantee even results.

If you go for the second one -- or something similar to it -- then you can easily paint the areas where 'skin' will be showing. All you'd need to do in that case is use some kind of acrylic model paints, and first prime the areas you will paint, and then paint them the colour you want.

The only other method for colouring bodies that I know of is one that Ephiane uses on her tbleague bodies, which involves rubbing oil pastels into the silicone. But since you asked about less pricey options, I thought I'd recommend something that was more easily painted. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Peaches

Peaches
Hopefully this body is both dark enough and also tall Smile. Cause I just got it Very Happy
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Color-Female-Body-Model-1-6-scale-TianYiMei-Action-Figure-Accessories/292760661538?hash=item4429e52e22:g:RLcAAOSwtbxbubvx

Thanks for your help Skywalkersaga!!!

Off to bed with me, have a great day everyone!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks promising! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wonder about the rubber torso bodies... since they’re not made of the food-grade silicone used by TBL, and are just rubber, if it wouldn’t be possible to paint them with acrylics...?

The darker skinned body you found, Peaches, would work — but as far as height, if it’s not tall enough, onesixthkit has ankle extension kits for female figures that work pretty good. Having the body in boots will eliminate the usual wobble that comes from adding those — unless you glue them on, of course.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 10 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I have been under the distinct impression that acrylic paint does NOT adhere to rubber, and that the only way to colour it is to dye it, but I could be mistaken.... ?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I have been under the distinct impression that acrylic paint does NOT adhere to rubber, and that the only way to colour it is to dye it, but I could be mistaken.... ?

You could be right. Not sure.

I remember trying to use bronze-leaf on an old Hasbro/Mattel? Slave Leia (the groin plate above her skirt was soft rubber), and it never really dried -- turned all tacky.

If I were you, Peaches, I'd stick to the dark-skinned body you found, and then use ankle extenders from Kit if she isn't tall enough.
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=99_104&product_id=1096

I added them to my Cate Blanchet/Hela figure, because even though Cate herself isn't tall, it somehow didn't look right that her character was so short compared to the other (male) figures around her (they made her look tall in the movie).

Peaches

Peaches
I just bought the other body in 'hispanic' color, as the AA one looked too dark?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triad-Toys-Headless-Hispanic-SMB-Alpha-Sixth-1-6th-Scale-Female-Body/222571630691?epid=22004850981&hash=item33d24d9063:g:rC0AAOSwL7VWisu~
I'm sorry, I'm not even gay, but Gina Torres is just beautiful to look at, isn't she. I was watching Firefly last night, and all the women are drop dead gorgeous, but a longer shot of Gina walking around the corner made me go "WOW", LOL. God practices art on his off hours I guess, LOL. I seriously hope she is the happiest person in the world, just so perfection is possible, LOL.

Anyway, the legs look a bit chunky, hope I can bring out her feminine beauty in one of these bodies!

Peaches

Peaches
Yah, @Stryker2011, will see which works best then I'll make an extra character out of the other Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Can anyone point me in the direction of an orange body suit like this -- or comparable?

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 10 F7ab4910

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
There is the Hasbro 12” Aurra Sing .... I don’t have that one myself, so I’m not sure of the precise fit of the suit or how removable it is, but it’s the first thing that came to mind ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-MASTERPIECE-EDITION-12-AURRA-SING-DAWN-OF-THE-BOUNTY-HUNTERS-BOOK-/323709106259

ETA: meant to add that if you had a white or pale coloured suit of similar style, you could also potentially ‘dye’ it with diluted acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium to get the colour you want.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:There is the Hasbro 12” Aurra Sing .... I don’t have that one myself, so I’m not sure of the precise fit of the suit or how removable it is, but it’s the first thing that came to mind ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-MASTERPIECE-EDITION-12-AURRA-SING-DAWN-OF-THE-BOUNTY-HUNTERS-BOOK-/323709106259

ETA: meant to add that if you had a white or pale coloured suit of similar style, you could also potentially ‘dye’ it with diluted acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium to get the colour you want.

I’ve been eyeing the Hasbro one as a template to follow, but I have a feeling the outfit would end up being like a Barbie suit — way too tiny. I hadn’t even thought of finding a white one to dye. Thanks for the tip.

blackpool

blackpool
psssst That old triad toys spandex suit might be a good base for you (it's on sale, it's the last one!)

orange spandex suit for female - triad toys

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:

I’ve been eyeing the Hasbro one as a template to follow, but I have a feeling the outfit would end up being like a Barbie suit — way too tiny. I hadn’t even thought of finding a white one to dye. Thanks for the tip.

I completely feel you on that, and have run into the same issues myself when attempting to 'upgrade' some of my SW dolls. ;p

While Blackpool's suggestion probably negates it anyway, if you ever did try the dyeing method, just make sure to use several layers of thinned out paint -- thinned with both water and the fabric medium, and of course as always experiment with small piece of fabric first to make sure it 'takes'. It works with any kind of acrylic, but I've found that the model paints like Vallejo seem to work better than regular thicker paints. I've successfully used this method on several pieces of pale coloured 1/6 clothing recently, but like with anything you just have to be careful.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Blackpool. Unfortunately, the cost of that and the shipping to the US is outrageous for something that small and lightweight. (Oddly, if that was in francs it would be much cheaper -- but the cost in Euros is insane).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Never mind on that orange body suit. I managed to find all the pieces to put the character together, and things to make parts of the rest of the outfit. That would end up being a $400 figure. Not really worth it just to have her standing around in Jabba’s palace.

blackpool

blackpool
If you're not into some rush I can order it for you and pick it up at their office in Paris, even from Paris to Paris their shipping rates are very high(sadly it's the fault of the french post that is scandalously expensive more than their margin)

Anyway I could pick it up for you and since it's only clothes I could post it to you in simple mail (the stamp is on me lol)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:If you're not into some rush I can order it for you and pick it up at their office in Paris, even from Paris to Paris their shipping rates are very high(sadly it's the fault of the french post that is scandalously expensive more than their margin)

Anyway I could pick it up for you and since it's only clothes I could post it to you in simple mail (the stamp is on me lol)

Wow! That is super generous — I appreciate the offer. PM me with the details, and I’ll reimburse you for your trouble and the cost.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Awww... it warms my little heart to see this spirit of cooperation and amity! And I'm not being sarcastic! This one time Smile Seriously, guys, well done! Blackpool, prepare for a massive avalanche of good karma points.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Awww... it warms my little heart to see this spirit of cooperation and amity! And I'm not being sarcastic! This one time Smile Seriously, guys, well done! Blackpool, prepare for a massive avalanche of good karma points.

Yep. Definitely super cool. Hopefully I can return the favor someday.

Peaches

Peaches
Nevermind, Very Happy I'm going to stick with a different medium on that project Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
There is indeed a Hasbro version of kid!Anakin from TPM , but being Hasbro I’m not sure how good the quality is ... my guess is that it’s just a smaller version of their other figures from that era , which are , well, not all that realistic , shall we say. :p Hot Toys hasn’t put one out yet, and I have no idea if they will, though I hope they will, even if I’m the sole buyer, lol.

For teenagers, there is a recent gender neutral ‘teenage’ body that has been created by Asmus(?), but I don’t have any experience with it. There is also a Kumik body that was made for Mathilda from Leon: the Professional. I think there is also a body that was created for Arya Stark which is sometimes available parted out .

The small bust PopToys body I just used on my Beth can possibly work for an older female teenager — Beth is meant to be 18 in the episode I was trying to recreate. : )

Another teenager figure that is currently up for preorder is Ellie from The Last of Us, but she’s being created to use an s27b body, and the headsculpt has sculpted hair, which maybe isn’t what you’d want .

For young kids, I’ve considered using one of those 11cm Obitsu bodies. There is a character I eventually want to make as a ‘youngling’, and I’m hoping that one will work , though I haven’t tried it yet. There’s also this head I’ve seen that looks like a bald little kid’s head (some kind of monk?), but again, I haven’t tried it myself, and don’t know what body it’s meant to be compatible with .

I wish I knew more specific loose heads to recommend but im not all that familiar with what else is out there. :/

Peaches

Peaches
Oops, sorry skywalkersaga I didn't realize I already got a response. Yah, thinking on it, I've realized I better stick to BJDs on that project Very Happy I really wish TBL would make a flat chested female as I would love for my River to be able to wear clothing like she did in the show. Even the mid breast makes clothes hang wrong Sad Or at least if they just let gravity have an effect on the body! LOL. As a female, these figures are just bizarre and cartoonish although I love the otherwise realism of the joints. Hope they catch on Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I feel you on your frustrations on that score , Peaches!

I’m strongly considering attempting a bust reduction on a tbleague at some point, although I’m not exactly sure how to go about it...

ravrohan

Maybe, possibly, I'd like to dream, that somewhere someone has seen this for sale on its own?

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 10 31020698300_2180631de3_b

It's from the Vincent Valentine Play Arts Kai figure. Called Cerberus. I got my guns mixed up and bought another, which while cool, is a little larger than I thought it'd be.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Oops, sorry skywalkersaga I didn't realize I already got a response.  Yah, thinking on it, I've realized I better stick to BJDs on that project Very Happy  I really wish TBL would make a flat chested female as I would love for my River to be able to wear clothing like she did in the show.  Even the mid breast makes clothes hang wrong Sad  Or at least if they just let gravity have an effect on the body!  LOL.  As a female, these figures are just bizarre and cartoonish although I love the otherwise realism of the joints.  Hope they catch on Very Happy

This one’s pretty small-busted; they’re getting harder to find, as they came out a couple years ago, and I don’t think they were very popular:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TBLeague-Phicen-1-6-Scale-S17B-Suntan-Medium-Bust-Female-Girl-Body-12-Figures/323368752537?hash=item4b4a479599:g:wnoAAOSwuOpbVviZ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum