OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:What I sometimes have difficulty comprehending is how come the majority of what I stashed ends up being "sought after" by collectors after the fact?

Because you bought everything!!  Evil or Very Mad

DeltaForceChung wrote:I did a quick check on eBay and I find a good bulk of what I purchased in quantity is now slim pickings on eBay as a MIB/NRFB offering.  Mostly bits and pieces and if a whole boxed figure is found, the price is substantial.

We've all seen 1:6 offerings throughout the years where no matter how long the time passes . . . it's still found and at reasonable prices more or less, but it just surprises me that some offerings within the last five years have significantly jumped in prices and scarce availability.

I realize the production numbers are nowhere near what they were in years past, but still.

I think this is key. And the reason for it is us, the consumer, and the manufacturers.

The consumer: I think we (by we, I don't mean anyone here specifically, but the 1/6 consumer in general) are part of the problem. I had posted a few years ago a thread about the "PO Today/Cancel in a Month" crowd over at the other site, and I fully believe you can blame a lot of the smaller runs on that blasé mentality, which really puts the screws to the retailer who has to purchase these things by the case.

In the past I had a several hour/2-day conversation with Steve at Timewalker, and in our discussions we talked about how he determines how much of a particular product to order, and he's pretty much got it down to a science where he won't order anymore than he absolutely has to. Now, with all the cancelations people tend to do willy-nilly, he probably factors that in, as well. I've seen items become "sold out" shortly after leaving the initial PO stage. (A good recent example is the World Box Plump Body. I purchased one through Timewalker, and it arrived what -- a month or two ago in the states; it's already sold out at most US retailers, and the eBay prices are already $20+ higher than retail).

If retailers are placing smaller and smaller orders, then obviously, the manufacturer is going to make less and less (it doesn't make sense to run 5000 of something if you only have 250 POs; maybe they only make 500). Hence the demand in very short order on the secondary market. Aside from Hot Toys, I think the days of these manufacturers running 20,000 of something has ended. And, honestly, I don't know how much longer even HT can maintain high numbers, as they price more and more people out of the hobby with their constant every-3-month price hikes, which brings me to:

The manufacturers: With prices constantly rising, how many of us can truly sustain this hobby over the long run. I just recently got back into this about 4-5 years ago after a 10 year hiatus, because I thought the prices back then were getting out of control ($50 for a freaking Hot Toy's Planet of the Apes figure? WTF!!!). Now look where we are... It's getting harder and harder to justify the price of these things, even to myself.

Then you have the smaller/newer companies that may only run 1000 or less (how many Lucifer Wings of the Fallen figures do you suppose actually are being made: 200? Less? Due to the pain-in-the-butt nature of using real turkey feathers. And how many (like me) took the chance on pre-ordering a brand new figure set from a company no one's ever heard of before?

Sadly, less product means scalpers are going to take advantage of the situation, and it seems the Asian market is the biggest supplier of bash fodder on eBay (makes me wonder how much insider info some of these people have as to production run numbers). Even here in the states I've seen sites that offer bash fodder as their primary bread and butter asking fairly high prices.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Stryker2011 wrote:If retailers are placing smaller and smaller orders, then obviously, the manufacturer is going to make less and less (it doesn't make sense to run 5000 of something if you only have 250 POs; maybe they only make 500). Hence the demand in very short order on the secondary market. Aside from Hot Toys, I think the days of these manufacturers running 20,000 of something has ended. And, honestly, I don't know how much longer even HT can maintain high numbers, as they price more and more people out of the hobby with their constant every-3-month price hikes, which brings me to.

Can you imagine if the real world ran like 1/6?

You go to Home Depot because you need a hammer.  "I'm sorry sir, the hammers sold out almost immediately.  But you can still buy one in the aftermarket."

"But I don't want to pay four times the price!"

"Well then, you can pre-order hammers 2.0.  Please pay your deposit over here.  They could be available in 6 months, they could be available next year."

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Oh God! That would suck...

Pontiacivan

Hey everyone!
Thatsmyface.com shows this female body suit for their custom action figures.
I know I should be able to place it, but I just can't seem to find the original source. I thinks it's from back in the day.
Hoping someone remembers .
Thanks!
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 Img_5915

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Triad Toys "VENDIVA" white version.  A yellow version was also made.

I'll post pics when I get home.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
DeltaForceChung wrote:Triad Toys "VENDIVA" white version.  A yellow version was also made.

I'll post pics when I get home.

I knew I could count on you for all things 1/6 female.
You are the best!

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
Chung should know. He's probably got about 12 of them in his "vault". Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well done, DFC!

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I checked out thatsmyface.com.

WHAT A LOAD OF BULL$%^&!

Why?

They're claiming/implying the female outfits they're listing for sale require time to be manufactured like they're making them? That's a load of utter BULL$%^&! The majority of their listed female outfits are stock outfits from Triad Toys. I know. I have multiples of all of them.

I heard of and know of thatsmyface.com, but I never realized they're full of $%^& in the manner they're supposedly selling those outfits.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Hello everyone I've been trying find a V outfits for Lady Death's handmaid's (ex-slave girls) they are really getting tired of the
blue painters tape. LOL

Maybe something like this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TBLeague-Super-Flexible-Female-Seamless-body-PLMB2017-S21B-Without-hands-feet/173280544775?hash=item2858534807:g:X14AAOSw61Va2qd2

Thanks

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
How about something like this, there are multiple colors, and they could be modified:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-ace-Female-figure-parts-Purple-Slingshot-Mini-Bikini-G-String/152781774034?hash=item239280dcd2:g:QVYAAOSw9gRaBUvu

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 C8485110

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:How about something like this, there are multiple colors, and they could be modified:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-ace-Female-figure-parts-Purple-Slingshot-Mini-Bikini-G-String/152781774034?hash=item239280dcd2:g:QVYAAOSw9gRaBUvu

Thank you for the 411 on those outfits, I will keep them in mind.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
BAD WOLF-787:

Check here. I hope this helps.

http://www.nouveautoys.com/shop.html

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
DeltaForceChung wrote:I checked out thatsmyface.com.

WHAT A LOAD OF BULL$%^&!

Why?

They're claiming/implying the female outfits they're listing for sale require time to be manufactured like they're making them?  That's a load of utter BULL$%^&!  The majority of their listed female outfits are stock outfits from Triad Toys.  I know.  I have multiples of all of them.

I heard of and know of thatsmyface.com, but I never realized they're full of $%^& in the manner they're supposedly selling those outfits.

That's one of the reasons I posted. I knew darn well they were not the ones who made them. I figured I would go to the 1/6 Almanac, you never disappoint!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
DeltaForceChung wrote:BAD WOLF-787:

Check here.  I hope this helps.

http://www.nouveautoys.com/shop.html

Thank you for the link, I will look in to it. The red one looks good.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Pontiacivan wrote:
DeltaForceChung wrote:I checked out thatsmyface.com.

WHAT A LOAD OF BULL$%^&!

Why?

They're claiming/implying the female outfits they're listing for sale require time to be manufactured like they're making them?  That's a load of utter BULL$%^&!  The majority of their listed female outfits are stock outfits from Triad Toys.  I know.  I have multiples of all of them.

That's one of the reasons I posted. I knew darn well they were not the ones who made them. I figured I would go to the 1/6 Almanac, you never disappoint!

In fairness, they're not listing the outfits for sale as such, and I don't think they ever claim to make them. This is a a very niche business making "personalized" figures and btw, I don't think their target market is us, or Triad fans, or Hot Toys hobbyists or anything -- it's the guy who wants a surprise gift for his GF or his best man or his cousin. They assemble the overall figure, not sell the specific outfit, and they're not claiming false credit for anyone else's work. And for a little niche business like that, I can't imagine they have all their own supply of eg 30+ outfit options for their females. So they probably order those outfits one by one as needed from some outside resupplier (someone like DFC himself, who laid in a supply in the day), which takes time. And 14 day turn around isn't unreasonable by any means. Don't have much use for their product myself but I'm not seeing any BULL$%^& here.

Kukolka

Kukolka
Please help me find a male Vietnamese head sculpt for a character in his 20s with low cheekbones and a broader flatter nose than the Kumik sculpts. A smirk is ideal but neutral expression is fine. Thanks!~

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 Kukr7s10
https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I've been searching and searching and I can't seem to find a ladies' pre-1900 pith helmet. Any ideas:

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 137c8610
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 2444c810
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 Ad7dc510
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 D4144b10
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 Female10

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
[/quote]
In fairness, they're not listing the outfits for sale as such, and I don't think they ever claim to make them. This is a a very niche business making "personalized" figures and btw,  I don't think their target market is us, or Triad fans, or Hot Toys hobbyists or anything -- it's the guy who wants a surprise gift for his GF or his best man or his cousin.  They assemble the overall figure, not sell the specific outfit, and they're not claiming false credit for anyone else's work.  And for a little niche business like that, I can't imagine they have all their own supply of eg 30+ outfit options for their females.  So they probably order those outfits one by one as needed from some outside resupplier (someone like DFC himself, who laid in a supply in the day), which takes time.  And 14 day turn around isn't unreasonable by any means.  Don't have much use for their product myself but I'm not seeing any BULL$%^& here.[/quote]

Sorry my response wasn't very clear. I was just trying to say that i knew the outfits were from another source and that DFC probably knew who made them. I'm not calling BS on the company, I actually plan to order a head one day.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
DeltaForceChung wrote:I checked out thatsmyface.com.  WHAT A LOAD OF BULL$%^&!

Pontiacivan wrote:Sorry my response wasn't very clear. I was just trying to say that i knew the outfits were from another source and that DFC probably knew who made them. I'm not calling BS on the company, I actually plan to order a head one day.

Pontiacivan, your response was fine.  DFC came down on thatsmyface maybe a little hard, I thought, though I do understand where he was coming from.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:I've been searching and searching and I can't seem to find a ladies' pre-1900 pith helmet. Any ideas:

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 137c8610
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 2444c810
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 Ad7dc510

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 D4144b10
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 Female10

--

You mean something like this?

https://www.gijoeat3rdsonbooks.com/products/3sb-gi-joe-mummys-tomb-pith-helmet-repro-from-original-molds-new-h90-032614

I own these helmets. They're very good. I met the owner of 3RD SON BOOKS at JOELANTA a couple of years ago. Very nice fellow.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Thanks. How do they look on a figure? They’re not too oversized are they?

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool. Thanks. How do they look on a figure? They’re not too oversized are they?

--

Take a look.

What do you think?

The helmets are also available from Cotswold as well.  You'll need to customize/futz with them a bit for the desired look you want based on your pics.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 4fa05710

https://www.gijoeelite.com/Pith-Helmet

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Alrighty!

Who's next? What are YOU LOOKING FOR and can one of us find it for you?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:Hey everyone!
Thatsmyface.com shows this female body suit for their custom action figures.
I know I should be able to place it, but I just can't seem to find the original source. I thinks it's from back in the day.
Hoping someone remembers .
Thanks!
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 Img_5915

Were you able to find this one?

If not, I have the silver jumpsuit that came off TBL's Majestic Crusader you can have. I know it's not the ideal color choice you wanted...

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 _dsc2719

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the Joe pic, Chung. A bit of futzing, and new paint, that should work.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Hello everyone I've been trying find a V outfits for Lady Death's handmaid's (ex-slave girls) they are really getting tired of the
blue painters tape. LOL

Maybe something like this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TBLeague-Super-Flexible-Female-Seamless-body-PLMB2017-S21B-Without-hands-feet/173280544775?hash=item2858534807:g:X14AAOSw61Va2qd2

Thanks

Here's something that might be of interest. Found these on AliExpress when I was looking for other stuff (kind of Vampirella style without the collar):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mnotht-1-6-Scale-Black-Bikini-Swimsuit-Underwear-Female-Soldier-Clothes-For-JODOLL-PHICEN-PLAYTOY-UD/32855085354.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.2.ca02342fC3NUft&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1_10152_10065_10709_10151_10344_10068_10130_10324_10342_10547_10325_10343_10546_10340_5722611_10341_10548_10545_10697_10696_5722911_5722811_10084_5722711_10083_10618_10307_10710_5711211_10059_308_100031_10103_441_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620_5711311_5722511,searchweb201603_19,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=8d9cde80-c1dd-4258-a4c2-83d69e70cf40-0&algo_pvid=8d9cde80-c1dd-4258-a4c2-83d69e70cf40&priceBeautifyAB=0

Kukolka

Kukolka
DeltaForceChung wrote:
Kukolka wrote:Please help me find a male Vietnamese head sculpt for a character in his 20s with low cheekbones and a broader flatter nose than the Kumik sculpts. A smirk is ideal but neutral expression is fine. Thanks!~

--

Will this suffice?

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 Tt_ome10

Somehow I'm not sure about the face for this character. But now I may consider this head for another character. Thanks, DFC!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 3 Kukr7s10
https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Thanks for the heads up on that outfit Stryker2011 it does looks like what I'm looking for, is that place a good seller?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum