OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Product Details:

Female body x1

Female head sculpt x1
Clothing set x1

Hands x2
Wristband

Boots x1

movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen 18101710
movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen 18101910
movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen 18102810
movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen 18103310
movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen 18103710
movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen 18104110
movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen 18104510

#newproduct #PlayToy #TheQueen #female #movie-based #Sci-Fi

Valiarde

Valiarde
I hope the dress is of good quality. And disney/HT doesnt intervene here. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The material looks like felt (someone more acquainted with materials can correct me).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Looks nice. Play Toy is the same company that was doing the alita figure which has yet to come out. I believe that was supposed to come out last year.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
On the costume that looks like a thin faux suede on the main dress to me, however agree it looks like felt for the collar. It would be a logical choice to get the construction and structure, especially as they have embroidered it. While I’d normally prefer natural fibres, in this case you’d hope it’s all polyester felt - if you live within 10 miles of a moth I would be a little worried about that part getting attacked unless it’s in a sealed case!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I would have guessed that it is microfiber suede. Looks very good, although I'm not a fan of the source. Still, I suppose I appreciate it being inspired by the actual last Khatun (queen) of Mongolia:
movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen Uhs1ma10

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I’m surprised we haven’t heard from skywalkersaga about this. I thought for sure she’d chime in on this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen 1f10

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2012 wrote:I’m surprised we haven’t heard from skywalkersaga about this. I thought for sure she’d chime in on this.

Well between the Queen (Rip) and Freddy Mercury nothing says this is a Star Wars/Padme figure  movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen 1f60e

valentin

valentin
It's actually looking quite good. I am definitely gonna budget for it!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow. If this actually goes ahead, I want it! will save me making one ....

Probably the only thing i don't like is the plastic hair on the headdress. But that is fixable.

ETA: Sorry for the delay, I only saw it now. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
There she is! Total price for this on OSK is $139 USD, S. That is beyond cheap in this day and age.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2012 wrote:There she is! Total price for this on OSK is $139 USD, S. That is beyond cheap in this day and age.

Yeah, absolutely. I think it's worth taking the risk on a PO for this one for sure.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Great price indeed

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Surprisingly good price, indeed.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Just managed to PO this one. It'd be silly not to, at that price. Hopefully I can find a way to modify that plastic 'hair' on her headdress to something more realistic, though...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Just managed to PO this one. It'd be silly not to, at that price. Hopefully I can find a way to modify that plastic 'hair' on her headdress to something more realistic, though...
I'm sure you'll love it and improve it. Perhaps a partial addition of "real" hairs on top of the sculpted tightly wound hairpiece?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Just managed to PO this one. It'd be silly not to, at that price. Hopefully I can find a way to modify that plastic 'hair' on her headdress to something more realistic, though...
I'm sure you'll love it and improve it. Perhaps a partial addition of "real" hairs on top of the sculpted tightly wound hairpiece?

Yes, that's what I am thinking. If I can find a way to affix the real hairs that's what I will do. The longer hairs in the back actually look quite good for synthetic hair, it's just unfortunate the plastic part is so obvious.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Someone pointed out over at the Freaks that she’s too tall; I wonder if you’ll be able to swap bodies and if you’ll be able to shorten the robes at all…?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh hmm. Not sure! Maybe could get away with shortening it slghtly by cutting off the trim at the bottom and re-attaching?

I'm mostly getting it for the headsculpt, since it's a decent likeness and means I wouldn't have to paint her Queen Amidala makeup myself. I'll have to just wait and see about swapping bodies and modifying outfits.

ETA: One could avoid the issue entirely by having her posed on a throne instead of standing.

Djhirokun

I am new to preordering and this site actually so please forgive if this question has been asked before but is there any recommended websites to preorder? Thank you in advance.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Djhirokun wrote:I am new to preordering and this site actually so please forgive if this question has been asked before  but is there any recommended websites to preorder?  Thank you in advance.
We cannot offer any guarantees, of course, but we keep a list of retailers we believe to be reliable:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1860-on-line-retailers-list

Where you live may make a difference as to what retailer you find best to deal with. If ordering directly from China, GianToy and OneSixthKit are probably the most popular choices for our members.

Good luck.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm currently awaiting this, should arrive soon!

But I'm impatient... does anyone have in-hand pics yet? Very Happy

Valiarde

Valiarde
Here ya go Sky Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nn_CXfK1rc

movie-based - NEW PRODUCT: Play Toy: P018 1/6 Scale The Queen Screen49

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Valiarde! I think it turned out great. Smile

As suspected, the main downside for me is that plastic hair, which I had already intended to replace with real hair at some point. So, no surprises. It's a basic figure but at least with a more realstic face than the old 1999 Hasbro doll versions (cute and charming as they are).

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yes congrats on your buy, looks very good for that price. And perfect for your collection. Are you going to reroot her?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum