OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which TBL/Phicen body has the smallest bust: S16, S44 or S46?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
For my next project, along with Morrigan, I wanna make Lilith from Darkstalkers, using the Super Duck set071 as a base and making some tweaks here and there... but I can't seem to find a suitable body for my taste, because Lilith is flat chested. So I'm trying to go for the smallest breasts of the available bodies to get as close as possible.

At first I was leaning towards the S44, since, canonically, Lilith is slightly smaller and thinner than Morrigan. Also, the HS I'm thinking on using, YMToys YMT055, is on the smaller size, so it seemed like the perfect match. But after browsing a lot of pics of the body, I got a feeling the S44 bust is not that small to pass as flat chested when clothed... I may be wrong.

So I thought about the S46. The body is taller and thicker, close to the upcoming S52 that I'm gonna use for Morrigan, but I was willing to ignore it if the breasts were small enough. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Which lead me to the last option, the S16. For the pics I could gather here, on Flickr and google images, it kiiiinda looks like the smallest bust, but I don't know if it's just my impression. Funny fact: according to GianToy, the S16 is mid-bust, though I believe it's incorrect.

For those who have any of these bodies, could you share you thoughts and help me decide which one would be a better fit for the character? This hobby is getting too expensive for me to just "get one and, if it doesn't work, get the other".

Here's a couple of images of Lilith for reference:

Which TBL/Phicen body has the smallest bust: S16, S44 or S46? C9T4kOAXUAAlcYm

Which TBL/Phicen body has the smallest bust: S16, S44 or S46? C20130308_vampirer_01_cs1w1_460x600

davidd

davidd
I don't know if you've seen the body type comparison page on the Giantoy site.

Here is a link to the reference image:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1877/8853/files/7a89d1c4b5ac10d6f47c3bbfbc50e49e.jpg?v=1605614320

Here is a link to the page, which includes a chart describing the bodies and providing dimensions:

https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape

Newer bodies may not be listed on that page.

The only TBLeague bodies I am aware of that feature a "small" bust are the S44/45 bodies, but they are also quite petite in all dimensions, so most "standard size" clothing does not fit, and finding aftermarket heads that work is challenging.

Which TBL/Phicen body has the smallest bust: S16, S44 or S46? 51838604165_b9a79e41db
S44 (pale) and S45 (suntan)

Here's another angle on the S45, illustrating that, by TBLeague standards, the bust is fairly petite relative to the overall figure size:

Which TBL/Phicen body has the smallest bust: S16, S44 or S46? 51652198942_fb6859aee9

ln this pic, the figure is wearing a top that is designed for a "standard size" TBLeague body (S10/12 or equivalent). The top is designed to tie in the front, revealing some cleavage. On the S45 body, the tie straps wrap all the way around the body and tie in the back.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
The S16 is tall and has a fairly small chest. Check out the body catalogue thread and you should find the measurements for it (post 35 I believe). I have a 52 on order as well, so once I have it I’ll be adding it there.

From the reference pics, I would go with the S16 just because of the clothing situation. It does look good with YMT heads as I use one on mine and it looks good. The big issue is the chest (no pun intended) and depending on how you wanted to go about it, you may be able to squish them enough to mitigate it. My concern would be possible rips as that’s not the intended position of the TPE, but I’m not sure as I’ve never really tried.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Thank you guys for your replies. Initially, I was willing to make some modifications on the clothing to get it tighter to a S44 body since I'll have to modify her cleavage anyway - maybe even the legs and arms socks would need adjustments. I don't know if the boots would fit ok enough or look way too big. My biggest issue with the S44 would be the HS size.

So S16 it is. Truth be told, I was secretly rooting for this. It's been a couple of years that I wanted to get a S16/17 body for whatever. I really like its proportions, but couldn't get myself to buy it without a defined project. The time has finally come.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That sounds like a good plan, judging by S17B, which is just the suntan version of S16A.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum