OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Head sculpt & body parts:

Highly detailed head sculpt x 1

1/6 scale figure custom female body x 1

Hands x 7 pieces

Costume:

Jacket x 1 piece

Hoodie x 1 piece

Long Sleeve T-shirt x 1 piece

Sock x 1 pair

Jeans x 1 piece

Sport Shoes x 1 pair

Other accessories:

Pistol x 1 piece

Knife x 1 piece

Torch x 1 piece

Joke Book x 1

Sleeping Bag x 1

Backpack x 1

Figure Stand x 1 piece

ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19234110
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19234410
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19234510
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19234511
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19234711
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19234710
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19234910
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19235010
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19235110
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19235310
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19235610
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19235710
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19235810
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19240010
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19240110
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19240210
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19240310
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19240410
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19240510
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19240710
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19240810
ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 19240910

#newproduct #ToysEra #LastHope #female #CableSeries-based #videogame #horror

csyeung

csyeung
Looks ok to me. The jacket looks a bit big/puffy to me in the pics. I'm still waiting on the game versions.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Is this the same girl that played a clan leader in Game of Thrones?
Looks reasonably good to me, but I have no experience with its source.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I’m sorry, I don’t want to sound mean, but YIKES! Could Hollywood have found a more homely kid to play the part of Ellie.

How does this:

ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 43661010

Become this:

ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 9fda7010

Looks more like this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL now I will never unsee it. If my suspicions are right, then both she and the actor playing her father (?) came from HBO's Game of Thrones.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I don’t know where she came from, but Pedro Pascal is probably most well known from the second Kingsman movie and The Mandalorian (he’s the title character).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Honestly that is really mean. :/ As an entirely fictional character, Ellie has the dis/advantage of not looking like anyone in particular, but when casting for live action the performance should be first and foremost the most important thing. Bella may not be a traditional Hollywood beauty but she was perfectly cast in that role, and frankly, I’ve seen more comments about her appearance online than almost anything else about the show which is incredibly depressing.

Figure-wise the likeness isn’t quuuuite there but pretty damn close I think and the accessories look great.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Well, for me, there were two reasons why I won't watch the Live Action LoU-series: The involvement of Neil Druckmann who is still utterly unaware of the reasons why his second storyline was so badly received by fans, and the casting of Bella Ramsey who does not represent Ellie in appearance or voice at all. There were surely young actresses who would have matched Ellie's appearance much more closely (face-wise Sadie Sink comes to mind), but as usual producers cast people that were hyped at the time. Then, everyone is totally surprised that some fans of the game are totally alienated by their choices...

So, for me this figure is an easy pass.I have CCToys' young Ellie and MT Toys' older Ellie anyway.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, neither the actress nor the actor playing her father look much like the game characters.

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Stryker2012 wrote:I’m sorry, I don’t want to sound mean, but YIKES! Could Hollywood have found a more homely kid to play the part of Ellie.

How does this:

ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 43661010

Become this:

ToysEra - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS ERA: PE016 1/6 Scale The Last Hope 9fda7010

Looks more like this:

I'm so sick of this frankly misogynistic (censored).

Have you watched the show? She did a fantastic jib playing Ellie? Everyone talks trash about the actress for her looks... Let me remind you all, the character IS A CHILD!

I don't want to hear the BS argument, that because she isn't "cute" she doesn't engender feelings of wanting to protect the character.

I don't mean this as an attack. But she played the character well. Furthermore, my brother met her at the wrap party in Calgary, and said she is really nice, cool and humble.

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Randam Hajile wrote:Well, for me, there were two reasons why I won't watch the Live Action LoU-series: The involvement of Neil Druckmann who is still utterly unaware of the reasons why his second storyline was so badly received by fans, and the casting of Bella Ramsey who does not represent Ellie in appearance or voice at all. There were surely young actresses who would have matched Ellie's appearance much more closely (face-wise Sadie Sink comes to mind), but as usual producers cast people that were hyped at the time. Then, everyone is totally surprised that some fans of the game are totally alienated by their choices...

So, for me this figure is an easy pass.I have CCToys' young Ellie and MT Toys' older Ellie anyway.

You said it, you didn't watch the show.. Ergo your opinion on how well she represents the character is worthless. Have a great day.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sarahdactyl wrote:I'm so sick of this frankly misogynistic (censored).

Have you watched the show? She did a fantastic jib playing Ellie? Everyone talks trash about the actress for her looks... Let me remind you all, the character IS A CHILD!

I don't want  to hear the BS argument, that because she isn't "cute" she doesn't engender feelings of wanting to protect the character.

I don't mean this as an attack. But she played the character well. Furthermore, my brother met her at the wrap party in Calgary, and said she is really nice, cool and humble.

How is this misogynistic? Or, as you seem to imply, sexual? Kindly do not infer such things and then make too much out of them. Appeal is subjective and everyone is entitled to his or her own impression. This is not a place to manufacture outrage.

Sarahdactyl wrote:Ergo your opinion on how well she represents the character is worthless. Have a great day.

Ditto. Please find a more appropriate manner for interacting with other forum members.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Sarahdactyl wrote:
Randam Hajile wrote:Well, for me, there were two reasons why I won't watch the Live Action LoU-series: The involvement of Neil Druckmann who is still utterly unaware of the reasons why his second storyline was so badly received by fans, and the casting of Bella Ramsey who does not represent Ellie in appearance or voice at all. There were surely young actresses who would have matched Ellie's appearance much more closely (face-wise Sadie Sink comes to mind), but as usual producers cast people that were hyped at the time. Then, everyone is totally surprised that some fans of the game are totally alienated by their choices...

You said it, you didn't watch the show.. Ergo your opinion on how well she represents the character is worthless.  Have a great day.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I always appreciate such a well expressed line of argument. I think we should ignore each others posts in the future.  Wink

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, neither the actress nor the actor playing her father look much like the game characters.

I think this is the main problem for most series that are based on games or books.
I remember the same was said about Cavill as Geralt which many fans of the games disliked, too. Enfanchised fans/gamers always want actors appearances as close as possible to the source whereas film studios almost always don't care for that very much and go more for different traits in the actor selections...(and not only that, they also dislike to simply retell a story from the game or book and bring in their own twists...which is another case for outrage most of the time.)
Some might call it artistic freedom or directors want to put their own mark on things...who knows.

Cavill grew on the fans though. For other franchises/cases, this is often not the case.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I think this is the main problem for most series that are based on games or books.
I remember the same was said about Cavill as Geralt which many fans of the games disliked, too. Enfanchised fans/gamers always want actors appearances as close as possible to the source whereas film studios almost always don't care for that very much and go more for different traits in the actor selections...(and not only that, they also dislike to simply retell a story from the game or book and bring in their own twists...which is another case for outrage most of the time.)
Some might call it artistic freedom or directors want to put their own mark on things...who knows.

Cavill grew on the fans though. For other franchises/cases, this is often not the case.

Very true. I was thinking along these lines, although to be honest I am not immersed in either franchise. Even so, I was sorry to see Cavill go from the Witcher, although apparently it was good for his own sanity.

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Let's get one thing straight. Don't lecture me I don't care how long you have been in the hobby, or how you percieve me as a person.

If you speak to me with respect, I will return the favour. I'm not a child don't speak to me like one.

GubernatorFan wrote:
How is this misogynistic? Or, as you seem to imply, sexual? Kindly do not infer such things and then make too much out of them. Appeal is subjective and everyone is entitled to his or her own impression. This is not a place to manufacture outrage.

First let's address how commenting on the actresses physical appearance is misogynistic.

https://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/lgnl/community_and_living/community_safety__crime_preve/domestic_violence/Tackling-misogyny.aspx

Give that a read, get back to me.

As far as the remark about it being sexual. Take a look on any male dominated online space. Men talk about how Bella Ramsay is "ugly". "Ellie is meant to be pretty." Ellie I'd also mean to be a minor. The entire concept of a grown man being bothered by how attractive a girl of fourteen years girl is, is disgusting. Anyone with a brain and set of morals would agree. Even if they don't chime in.

Finally, I'm not manufacturing outrage. But while we are on the topic. I get the impression you're the one seeking conflict here. I can assure you I am not. I am simply defending a woman, on behalf of female collectors in a male dominated hobby.

Now, if ANYONE takes issue with that. Please again refer to the aforementioned link.

GubernatorFan wrote:
Ditto. Please find a more appropriate manner for interacting with other forum members.

This comment doesnt even make sense. He said he hasn't watched the show. I have played the games, and I have watched the show. So I dony understand what you're trying to tell me.

As I said, I'm not looking for conflict. But I will defend my beliefs and principles and I will stand up for myself.

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Randam Hajile wrote:
Sarahdactyl wrote:

You said it, you didn't watch the show.. Ergo your opinion on how well she represents the character is worthless.  Have a great day.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I always appreciate such a well expressed line of argument. I think we should ignore each others posts in the future.  Wink

Hey, I apologize for how aggressive I came off as. That wasn't fair of me. I feel like the comment I made at you was sort of a caught in the cross fire type thing.

I've been collecting one sixth for most of my life. I have stopped playing with it dolls evolved to Joe's which evolved to collecting.

I've been made to feel unwelcome on forums over the past 20 years. In 2020 following a very bad accident where I nearly died I got back into the hobby and swore I'd never be driven away again.

I apologize for offending you. But at the same time, if you want to ignore one anothers posts. I will respect that.

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Whatever the case.
There's clearly a difference of opinions here.

I'll move on from this thread and try to not cause a scene anywhere else. Typically I'm not out to agitate. I know the community lost a member last year, who was banned from every forum except this one.

I don't want that type of name. Nor do I want to be known as some angry feminist.

I just didn't like the way this thread read. But as I said. I'll move along and be sure to behave in an orderly fashion going forward.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I could have ignored this and saved it for the PM, but for the sake of everyone's edification, I suppose it needs to be said in public.

Sarahdactyl wrote:Let's get one thing straight. Don't lecture me I don't care how long you have been in the hobby, or how you percieve me as a person. If you speak to me with respect, I will return the favour. I'm not a child don't speak to me like one.

Who has lectured you about how long they have been in the hobby? I don't know how long you've been in the hobby and I don't know why it would be relevant here. But the respect thing goes both ways. Respect is earned, not owed -- what is owed is respectfulness, which has been lacking here too. And perception is based on one's actions and choices.

Sarahdactyl wrote:First let's address how commenting on the actresses physical appearance is misogynistic. ... As far as the remark about it being sexual. Take a look on any male dominated online space. Men talk about how Bella Ramsay is "ugly". "Ellie is meant to be pretty." Ellie I'd also mean to be a minor. The entire concept of a grown man being bothered by how attractive a girl of fourteen years girl is, is disgusting. Anyone with a brain and set of morals would agree. Even if they don't chime in.
Finally, I'm not manufacturing outrage. But while we are on the topic. I get the impression you're the one seeking conflict here. I can assure you I am not. I am simply defending a woman, on behalf of female collectors in a male dominated hobby.

Since matters of taste are subjective, and lack of appreciation for the appearance of someone of either sex is possible, this cannot be automatically filed under misogynistic. This forum is committed to freedom of speech and respecting the opinions of its members -- whether they like this actress or that actor or lamb or broccoli or white socks. What it does not allow is stirring up fights and attacks (even if one claims they are not attacks) on members, shaming them or forcing them to shut up. You chose to infer things from the remarks you disliked (plus, apparently, remarks elsewhere by other persons!), and by molding them in these terms, you effectively slandered another member (whose character needs no justification to us) for your interpretation of their views; and then you tried to shame everyone else into agreeing with you. That is precisely manufacturing outrage. Such behavior is toxic. And it is not done here.

Sarahdactyl wrote:He said he hasn't watched the show. I have played the games, and I have watched the show. So I dony understand what you're trying to tell me.

So he hasn't watched the show. What of it? Maybe he has played the games. Maybe he has seen the visuals. Either way, he doesn't think they match up. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it.

Sarahdactyl wrote:There's clearly a difference of opinions here. I'll move on from this thread and try to not cause a scene anywhere else.
Absolutely. There is plenty of room for disagreement, and plenty of room for doing so appropriately. Instead of whipping up allegations against someone, you could have simply stated your appreciation for the excellent job the actress has done on the show and your belief that whether she looks like the character she is supposed to portray or not (and "cute" or not) is irrelevant.

Sarahdactyl wrote:Typically I'm not out to agitate. I know the community lost a member last year, who was banned from every forum except this one.
I should hope none of us are out to agitate. It is our goal to get along and learn from each other along the way, sharing our common appreciation for the hobby, and not fighting over our (mis)interpretations of each other's tangential views.
I am not sure I fully understand or like the implication of your reference to our departed member (and I'm certainly not going to start a fight over a potential inference), but for the sake of accuracy, the person in question was in fact banned, repeatedly, and banned at the end (also, as far as I know, he was not in fact banned everywhere else).

You are absolutely welcome to express your opinions here. But please do so without allowing your comments to appear combative or accusatory towards other members. If you believe that someone is guilty of impropriety and we have overlooked that, you should let us know.

I think we best leave this topic.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I’m sorry this thread has devolved this much. Sarah, to address the matter of “appearance” more to the way things used to be, but aren’t, during the casting process. I’m sure this little girl is talented, or she wouldn’t have gotten the job, but as an old man, there was a time when Hollywood DID cast roles not only the actors ability, but if they LOOKED the part. Ian Fleming didn’t like Sean Connery for the role of James Bond, but after elocution lessons, came around. Daniel Craig DID NOT look like Bond, and I was actually pissed about his casting. That Casino Royals turned out to be a really good movie, changed my mind about him— sadly, every subsequent Craig/Bond movie got worse and worse. There was talk a few years ago about Idris Alba taking on the role of Bond, and that REALLY set me off. I like him as an actor, but he’s NOT BOND, and I’d refuse to go see a Bond movie if he got the part. Nothing pisses me off more than the way movies, etc. are cast today, just so they can fill a quota. Changing race, sex, etc., just to be “inclusive” when the characters were/are preexisting, whether in books, comics, video games, these morons in Hollywood need to adhere to the original creation. While my reaction to this little girl was harsh, I never meant for it to be taken so seriously. Tom Cruise was the absolute wrong choice for Reacher, who is described in the books as a tall, buff guy — not a puny shrimp like Tom (thankfully, Amazon was smart enough to cast the right actor for the part for their series). All this to say, how the actor looks is just as important as their acting ability when cast for a specific (preexisting) role. I agree sexualizing a little girl is gross, but ensuring that the kid cast for the part is as close as possible in appearance as well as talent, isn’t impossible in this day and age. But, to say that my comment was mysoginistic is a bit of a reach. Everyone, male or female, are judged based on their appearance; but sadly, our horrible education system, the horse$#@t “news” and the morons in Hollywood, have done a severe injustice to the last two generations with their brainwashing, and turning everyone against each other in their quest to ensure that certain sexes, races, etc., are convinced they are either a perpetual victim or born a subjugator — which is complete (censored)!

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Stryker2012 wrote:I’m sorry this thread has devolved this much. Sarah, to address the matter of “appearance” more to the way things used to be, but aren’t, during the casting process. I’m sure this little girl is talented, or she wouldn’t have gotten the job, but as an old man, there was a time when Hollywood DID cast roles not only the actors ability, but if they LOOKED the part. Ian Fleming didn’t like Sean Connery for the role of James Bond, but after elocution lessons, came around. Daniel Craig DID NOT look like Bond, and I was actually pissed about his casting. That Casino Royals turned out to be a really good movie, changed my mind about him— sadly, every subsequent Craig/Bond movie got worse and worse. There was talk a few years ago about Idris Alba taking on the role of Bond, and that REALLY set me off. I like him as an actor, but he’s NOT BOND, and I’d refuse to go see a Bond movie if he got the part. Nothing pisses me off more than the way movies, etc. are cast today, just so they can fill a quota. Changing race, sex, etc., just to be “inclusive” when the characters were/are preexisting, whether in books, comics, video games, these morons in Hollywood need to adhere to the original creation. While my reaction to this little girl was harsh, I never meant for it to be taken so seriously. Tom Cruise was the absolute wrong choice for Reacher, who is described in the books as a tall, buff guy — not a puny shrimp like Tom (thankfully, Amazon was smart enough to cast the right actor for the part for their series). All this to say, how the actor looks is just as important as their acting ability when cast for a specific (preexisting) role. I agree sexualizing a little girl is gross, but ensuring that the kid cast for the part is as close as possible in appearance as well as talent, isn’t impossible in this day and age. But, to say that my comment was mysoginistic is a bit of a reach. Everyone, male or female, are judged based on their appearance; but sadly, our horrible education system, the horse$#@t “news” and the morons in Hollywood, have done a severe injustice to the last two generations with their brainwashing, and turning everyone against each other in their quest to ensure that certain sexes, races, etc., are convinced they are either a perpetual victim or born a subjugator — which is complete (censored)!

So I spoken with GubernatorFan, I have seen the error of my ways and realized I behaved like an aggressive twat. For that I apologize, there were better ways to express my views.

So now I'll just reply to your comment nicely, I won't pick fights, or stand on the woke soap box, that honestly sometimes I want to smash to bits. Really depends on what side of the bed I wake up on

Now, you call yourself and old man I'm not sure how old. But let's take Jurassic Park, it's 30 years old. Grant was described as bearded, I always imagined him in the book to look like Kurt Russell in The Thing.. And I read the book after the movie.

There was a similar stir up last summer with Lance Reddik (RIP) playing Albert Wesker in the Netflix Resident Evil show. People were outraged. Now from a woke race swapping for the sake of virtue signaling viewpoint. I'm with them, it's stupid. The show ended up being trash. But I do beleive if someone had cast Lance Reddik as Wesker, and done a show faithful to the 2002 Resident Evil 1 remake. He'd have killed it, knocked it out of the park. I can only imagine his voice saying. "And those things you mentioned, I'll destroy all of them along with this place."

So this is why I don't usually take any issue on the character looking different. I mean personally Idris Elba as 007 or Henry Golding, I'd love that. But, I despise Daniel Craig as Bond. Always have, always will. I think bond could be black, I mean lets nor forget the original character isnt British, we just know him as British from the movies.

I dont like arbitrarily swapping race, gender, or queering up a character for the sake of it. I mean casting that man, Billy whatever the hell his name is as the fairy godmother.. no thanks. And a Latina as Cinderella.

Now little mermaid, I dont care so much that shes back now. But the hair is (censored). Her hair needs to be bright red like a fire engine.

Now about generational theory. I will agree, gen Z, and millenials are messed up. I'm a milenials and we are by far the worst. Entitled and whiny, with lots of pretention. As for how these generations behave.

I've got the view that this idea of "privilege" is (censored). People speak like its all ones and zeros and it isn't.

Anyways, I wont go on one of my rants because I absolutely will end up offending someone.

Basically. I acted like an (censored). Like I told GubernatorFan I'm not deleting my post.. not because I stand by what I said. I mean yeah, the perverts on the gaming forum sexualizing Ellie was disgusting but nobody did that here. I dragged BS from somewhere else to this forum and I was wrong. The reason I'll keep the comments up is because I dont beleive I censorship, I did stuff. If that gets me a bad name. Then I need to own tjat like and adult. We all make mistakes. I did in my approach and I hope going forward we can let bygones be bygones. Maybe just remember this as "that time sarahdactyl behaved like a total b****."

So I apologize to everyone for my trashy behavior.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Man, after watching the show I’m really tempted to get Ellie and Joel! I guess that’s how it goes, you watch a movie/series that you come to enjoy and then it makes you want to buy the figures Laughing

Sarahdactyl

Sarahdactyl
Zurdoz wrote:Man, after watching the show I’m really tempted to get Ellie and Joel! I guess that’s how it goes, you watch a movie/series that you come to enjoy and then it makes you want to buy the figures Laughing

I pre-ordered them both at Giantoy.

blackpool

blackpool
I'm tempted to get her and plug that head onto Arya's body Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum