OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ukshaun

ukshaun
NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure from the TV series Defenders

Description:
- Head sculpt
- Tailor made female body with 4 pairs painted hands
- Weathered Leather Like Jacket
- Tanktop
- Weathered Jeans
- Scarf
- Boots

NOTE:
Figure does NOT ship in a box (the figure ships in a bag)
Figure probably does not ship with a stand, although a stand is pictured.

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure S-l50016

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure S-l50017

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure S-l50015

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure S-l50013

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure S-l50014

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure S-l50010

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure S-l50011

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure S-l50012
LOADING: Image(s)

Based on the photo's above, i think the figure looks good.
The likeness to Jessica Jones / Krysten Ritter looks good.
Is her forehead on the large side? possibly, but so is Krysten Ritter's forehead.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

ukshaun

ukshaun
I started this thread as i could not find a thread on the figure in question while using the OneSixthFigures search feature.

From what i can tell, the figure probably released back in 1998, as there are videos on YouTube dating to 5 years ago.

I have noticed that the figure is listed on ebay from various sellers (mostly located in China) as new and labelled as 'custom'

From what i can tell, the original figure from 1998 was probably unofficial.

How does the 2023 custom compare to the 1998 figure - i do not know. I have placed an order on ebay, and will post a review as soon as the figure arrives Smile

-

I am aware of this thread:
NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1270-new-product-toys-works-new-1-6-miss-jones-miss-jones-can-move-tw007?highlight=jessica+jones

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 48345695101_1fb7226e2a_o

The photo's above was posted to OneSixthFigure by Skippy

Jessica Jones by Toys Works (right)
Jessice Jones by Ganghood / Vimal figure (left)

I do not know if Skippy owns the original 1998 figure or the 2023 custom figure?

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
To my knowledge, this was a project of Kit Chen / Onesixthkit who organized the initial production. It might have been picked up/copied by others meanwhile. I bought the figure ca. 6 years ago from OSK, where it is still available today...

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=189&product_id=2686

The head is also in the head sculpt catalogue...
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5547p45-head-sculpt-general-catalog-contribute-but-check-out-the-rules#83012

ukshaun

ukshaun
Randam Hajile wrote:To my knowledge, this was a project of Kit Chen / Onesixthkit who organized the initial production. It might have been picked up/copied by others meanwhile. I bought the figure ca. 6 years ago from OSK, where it is still available today...

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=189&product_id=2686

The head is also in the head sculpt catalogue...
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5547p45-head-sculpt-general-catalog-contribute-but-check-out-the-rules#83012

Interesting. Thanks for the info.
I wonder how many figures were made for the initial run. Could it be that they continue to make more run's for as long as there is demand?

I wonder if the Chinese / Ebay sellers offering the same figure now in 2023 are obtaining the same components as those offered by OneSixthKit?

PRICE:
$150.00 at OneSixthKit
$250.00 - $310.00 Chinese Ebay Sellers

I wonder how OneSixthKit are able to under cut Chinese sellers? usually it is the other way around.
The Chinese sellers tend to offer Free or very low shipping cost.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
The eBay sellers are selling bootlegs of the OSK (Eleven/Vimal) figure. Aside from Kit, their were no other sellers (other than scalpers and re-casters).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 1f10

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:The eBay sellers are selling bootlegs of the OSK (Eleven/Vimal) figure. Aside from Kit, their were no other sellers (other than scalpers and re-casters).

I see..
I will see how the bootleg figure turns out once it arrives.

blackpool

blackpool
I do have that headsculpt so I can confirm the likeness to miss Ritter is very good.

My guess would be it is a custom/kitbash by onesixthkit as it was basically a standalone headsculpt and not a complete figure. That would explain why there is no stand, and why it is sold without any packaging. A few brands offered clothing sets for that character, but the only complete boxed figure of jessica jones I can remember is the toyworks version.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I bought the entire figure sans head sculpt (after purchasing the head sculpt) from OSK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ukshaun

ukshaun
NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 20230510

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 20230511

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 20230512

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 20230515

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 20230518

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 20230516

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 20230517

Today Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 figure arrived from China
All in all i am happy with the figure but.. (more on that later)

I took some out of the box photo's outside in natural daylight, as it is a sunny day today.
Two of the photo's were shot inside the house as i was experimenting with light dark shadows on the portrait (the sunshine outside was used as the source of light)

The 1st photo shows the brown cardboard box the seller shipped in the figure in. This box was wrapped in bubble-wrap.
It is unusual seeing bubble-wrap on the outside of the box.
Inside the box, the figure was wrapped in bubble-wrap and a page from a Chinese news paper.

The portrait:
I like the portrait. The hair is very dark-brown. I was expecting black hair.
Skin tone looks good. Part of me expected the skin tone to be ligher/whiter.
The original proto image's show white below the iris. My figure features iris's that are full height of the white area of the eye.

Grey scarf:
Difficult to work will. I got there in the end.. sort of.
When the figure arrives, the scarf is simply wrapped from the rear of the neck, tucked into the jacket at the front. While this look neat, it is a different style compared to the proto images.

Grey vest:
The lower part of the grey vest that protrudes below the jacket likes to roll upwards. It is possible to roll it downwards. I sense the vest should have been slightly longer, baggy'er.

Black (pleather) jacket:
The jacket looks great. The sleeves should be slightly longer (or the arms on the figure shorter).
I get the impressive the jacket will probably fall apart over time, as it is very thin.
The zipper works fine. Using tweezers, i managed to zip the jacket up further than when it arrived.

Denim jeans / trousers / pants:
From a distance they work well. Up close, i am not 100% sold on the fabric used. I have seen better Demin at 1/6th scale.
The pockets on the rear should sit higher up Jessica Jones backside.
Where the zipper would normally be situated at the front, there is plastic Velcro strip which failed to hold the upper part of the Demin's together. I soon fixed the issue using Super-glue.

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure Jessic10

Black boots:
They do the job. The black material feels thin.
On one of the boots there was an eyelet missing and 2 eyelet's were coming out of the sockets.
I re_did the laces to make then look closer to reference images i had looked at of the TV series (the vertical gap between the laces from bottom to top should be the same, opposed to V shaped as the gap nears the top of the boot).
The square metal buckle should possibly sit more to the side of the boot. The boots could use some weathering.

The body:
It's ok. Not the best. It appears to be plastic with an upper area that makes use off silicone/rubber.
The upper part is not pose friendly, as it likes to spring back to it's original position.
The thighs (and backside) should possibly be thicker than they are.

The figure ships with 4 left hands and 4 right hands. No spare wrist pegs are included.
The hands look fine.

NOTE: I decided to add a pair of black gloved hands (not included) which i might upgrade to black fingerless gloves in the future, as Jessica Jones was known to wear black fingerless gloves.

Base:
The figure does not ship with a base.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
The body used on most female figures of this type (ie, fully clothed) has always bothered me. I agree with you about the thighs, and the fact that the doll body doesn’t have much of an ass. Yes, Krysten is a skinny chick, but like any woman, she still has SOME curves, but these generic, cheap-assed bodies that the majority of these companies use are just tiny stick figures that looks more like a 10 year old.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:The body used on most female figures of this type (ie, fully clothed) has always bothered me. I agree with you about the thighs, and the fact that the doll body doesn’t have much of an ass. Yes, Krysten is a skinny chick, but like any woman, she still has SOME curves, but these generic, cheap-assed bodies that the majority of these companies use are just tiny stick figures that looks more like a 10 year old.

I might upgrade the body and the denim's.
The question is, what body? as the upper part needs to be the same as the original so as to fit the jacket.
Finding Demin's is hit'n'miss as i discovered in the past.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I wonder if one of those new small-busted World Box bodies would work okay…?

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:I wonder if one of those new small-busted World Box bodies would work okay…?

I recall seeing those. I just did a search, and nothing..
Maybe i am thinking of another body?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father

ukshaun

ukshaun

Thanks. I was searching Word box. I should have searched WorldBox (without the space)

AT203 could be the one, possibly?
Height is 284mm including portrait - flat foot feet

Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure height is 28.5cm including portrait - high heel feet 28cm is probably more accurate, as the heel of the boot add's 5mm

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 17155411

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 17155111

Worldbox body.

Are these only available from ebay / China ?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I saw these up at US retailers, so I imagine you MIGHT be able to get them from somewhere in the UK, or EU, but Giantoy has them, yes.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:I saw these up at US retailers, so I imagine you MIGHT be able to get them from somewhere in the UK, or EU, but Giantoy has them, yes.

Thanks.

It seems strange, the only ones available on ebay appear to be pre_orders?
which makes me wonder if there are some knock off's in the works?

csyeung

csyeung
there was another version that was just released for preorder that is taller, so be careful when selecting the worldbox body. Denim is hard to find a good one. I remember reading somewhere, maybe it was on the product info on kit's site, but the stock denim is very tight on the body so you may have a hard time getting that onto a worldbox as I think their hips and thighs are wider.

I did get a pair of denims parted out from a damtoys pices figure that was really good. Not a very big issue, but it does have 3 cuts on it as per it's design but they look pretty good on my older cowgirl figure. Hope that helps. (i believe i used an old verycool body for this)

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure Cowgir11

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your cowgirl looks real good, Craig.

ukshaun

ukshaun
csyeung wrote:there was another version that was just released for preorder that is taller, so be careful when selecting the worldbox body. Denim is hard to find a good one. I remember reading somewhere, maybe it was on the product info on kit's site, but the stock denim is very tight on the body so you may have a hard time getting that onto a worldbox as I think their hips and thighs are wider.

I did get a pair of denims parted out from a damtoys pices figure that was really good. Not a very big issue, but it does have 3 cuts on it as per it's design but they look pretty good on my older cowgirl figure. Hope that helps. (i believe i used an old verycool body for this)

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure Cowgir11

That figure looks good.

I had wondered in Denim's for a male figure could work, as i did not want skin tight.
I have spotted a pair or light-blue male denim's that might work. If they turn out too large, there is the option maybe of shrinking them.

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure 1-6_li10

ACNTOYS 1/6 Scale Jeans Pants Trousers Clothes Fit 12"Male PH TBL Figure Body

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:Your cowgirl looks real good, Craig.

Thanks! Was a mix from 3 different sets u think. The boots belts and weapon were from the tbleague cowgirl set which was pretty nice. The felt hat and headsculpt was from a third party character, i forget the name of the set, but came out a few years ago.

I have a pair of these Jeans, Ukshaun . I think they would be superlarge on her though i think. Lemme dig up a few pics.

Antman was on a DID or soldier story body i think and they resemble a relaxed fit on it (also it would be longer too). Wasp is on one of usual cheaper bodies. She's wearing a shirt and pant set I got off ebay. The material on the jeans is ok, but doesn't feel as nice as parted out jeans I've gotten from figure sets. For example, the CC toys ellie jeans are nice too, but they are black jeans. The texture seems different. This pair feels a bit like cloth with jean print, whereas the Ellie jeans feels a bit more like jeans

NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure Dsc02120
NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure Dsc02119

Elli jeans (left stock). The right ones are from a white sweater and jean set from ebay. (I replaced this with another pair of stock jeans. The blue ones have buttons that I am covering with the jacket)
NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure Dsc03018

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your Antman and Wasp look great together, too, Craig!

ukshaun

ukshaun
@csyeung many thanks for the info.
I ordered a pair of male denims yesterday. Once i obtain a WorldBox body, i will see how the Denims fit. They probably will be too large. I want to see how they work around the hips area, and where the rear pockets sit. If it turns into a fail, then i will have to search for alternative Denims.

The Elli jeans work well on your figure. I think those jeans will be too small on a WorldBox body.

ukshaun

ukshaun
NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure Kryste10

The male Demin's arrived today, and they were not as over-sized as i though they might be.
An idea struck me. I put the Denim's over the original blue trousers/pants.
Now Jessica's butt looks larger! ..and the trousers/pants look more like Denim's that the trousers/pants that shipped with the figure.

I removed the rear pockets and belt loops on the original trousers/pants. I also removed the belt loops from the new trousers/pants, as they are not present on the Denim's worn in the show.

While the rear pockets are now higher up compared to the original trousers/pants, they should really be higher up.
I decided to leave the red (Levi's) tag in place, as it was too risky attempted to cut it off.

Also, money saved not having to pre_ordering a WorldBox body (i might pick one up in the future).

Next i need to find some new laces for the boots, as i need to cut the original laces off to re_attach the boots.

csyeung

csyeung
ukshaun wrote:NEW PRODUCT: Vimal X Eleven - Krysten Ritter / Jessica Jones 1/6 Figure Kryste10

The male Demin's arrived today, and they were not as over-sized as i though they might be.
An idea struck me. I put the Denim's over the original blue trousers/pants.
Now Jessica's butt looks larger! ..and the trousers/pants look more like Denim's that the trousers/pants that shipped with the figure.

I removed the rear pockets and belt loops on the original trousers/pants. I also removed the belt loops from the new trousers/pants, as they are not present on the Denim's worn in the show.

While the rear pockets are now higher up compared to the original trousers/pants, they should really be higher up.
I decided to leave the red (Levi's) tag in place, as it was too risky attempted to cut it off.

Also, money saved not having to pre_ordering a WorldBox body (i might pick one up in the future).

Next i need to find some new laces for the boots, as i need to cut the original laces off to re_attach the boots.

Very cool! I'm glad it worked out and saved you some money!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum