OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:49 pm

Toyboy

Hello
I am new to 1/6 scale world, and I started to collecting some now.  
I always wanted to have a some kind of vehicle with a figure, but since I am a new to this world, I did not have much knowledge.  I just search 1:6 scale motorcycle and found BMW R1200C for cheap.
I tried to find a cheap one because there was a high chance to fail customizing.
Here are some customizing process pictures.  The condition was a bit rough, but it was fine to me because I was going to customize it.

I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230810
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230811
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230812
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230813

I tried to disassemble it as much as I could, but the wheels were fixed, and I could not remove them.  I had to remove the rear tire to access a bolt that hold the seat.  I masking taped the front wheel for painting.
I wanted to make it bobber style or cafe stlye bike so I modified the steering bar short, and cut out the rear mud guard.
I also painted most part black, and used gunmetal and chrome for other parts.

I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230814
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230815
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230816
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230817
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230819
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230818
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230820
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230822
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230821

Since it's a cheap diecast toy, details are not good, some parts are different from the real bike, etc, but for my first project it was more than enough.
I had hard time reassemble it because there were certain order to assemble it.

I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230911
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230912
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230913

Anyway I managed to put it all together, and here are some finished images.

I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230916
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230915
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230914
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230917
I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 20230918

If anyone know any decent companies that make 1/6 scale vehicles or motorcycles, please let me know.
I like to check them out.

Thank you!

2I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:57 pm

teamweapon

WOW! you did a great job on bringing that back to life!
EXCELLENT! Smile

3I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:23 pm

Toyboy

Thank you!

4I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:43 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! That turned out great. I have one of those bikes, but don’t have the skill or patience for this sort of model building to be able to pull of what you did. Excellent work for your first foray into the world of 1/6 scale.

Welcome aboard, as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 1f10

5I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:21 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow, that must have taken so much patience! Really impressive job, the paint looks amazing as well. Thanks for sharing your excellent results with us. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:53 pm

Toyboy

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh wow, that must have taken so much patience! Really impressive job, the paint looks amazing as well. Thanks for sharing your excellent results with us. Smile

Thank you.
Yes, it took me a while to finish this project. Even though I was very careful, I made scratches when I was trying to put the rear tires. I could touch up the paint, but I just left it as is.
I need to find a primer and spray can that strong like real car paint so it does not get scratched easily.

7I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:53 am

Toyboy

Stryker2012 wrote:Wow! That turned out great. I have one of those bikes, but don’t have the skill or patience for this sort of model building to be able to pull of what you did. Excellent work for your first foray into the world of 1/6 scale.

Welcome aboard, as well.

Thank you!
Do you know any other companies that make 1/6 scale bikes? I searched on Ebay, and some of them are way to expensive to even start with.

8I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:50 am

csyeung

csyeung
Nicely done! The new paintjob really brings an updated current era feel to it. Welcome to the boards!

9I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:15 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Brilliant custom work, it came out great!

10I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:51 am

teamweapon

Toyboy wrote:
Stryker2012 wrote:Wow! That turned out great. I have one of those bikes, but don’t have the skill or patience for this sort of model building to be able to pull of what you did. Excellent work for your first foray into the world of 1/6 scale.

Welcome aboard, as well.

Thank you!
Do you know any other companies that make 1/6 scale bikes?  I searched on Ebay, and some of them are way to expensive to even start with.
yeah someone??? [cant remember who?] recently posted a link with some nice looking bike from a shop in germany, i was thinking i would get one but as of yet not done. i cant remember who posted it but i have the link open at home [i am at work so will do that when i get in]
Smile

11I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:51 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Fabulous transformation, that is excellent care and effort which turned out so well - the paintwork looks great. Good luck finding more options, if you are hoping to build a bike crew!

12I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:38 am

Toyboy

csyeung wrote:Nicely done! The new paintjob really brings an updated current era feel to it. Welcome to the boards!

Thank you.
If I do custom work again, I like to use more vivid and colorful colors Smile
I realized that I can't do too much modification on these die-cast, but custom paint job will give a lot more characters.

13I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:41 am

Toyboy

teamweapon wrote:
Toyboy wrote:

Welcome aboard, as well.

Thank you!
Do you know any other companies that make 1/6 scale bikes?  I searched on Ebay, and some of them are way to expensive to even start with.
yeah someone??? [cant remember who?] recently posted a link with some nice looking bike from a shop in germany, i was thinking i would get one but as of yet not done. i cant remember who posted it but i have the link open at home [i am at work so will do that when i get in]
Smile

Yes, please.
I am sure it will be expensive Smile but I like to see what other options I have.
I wish I can do metal works then I can build my own 1/6 scale bike Very Happy

14I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:44 am

Toyboy

Tanzenwolfe wrote:Fabulous transformation, that is excellent care and effort which turned out so well - the paintwork looks great.  Good luck finding more options, if you are hoping to build a bike crew!

Thank you.
I like to do more custom works.
The Bike is sitting on my shelf, and it looks really good. I want to make it more Smile

15I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:46 am

Toyboy

BAMComix wrote:Brilliant custom work, it came out great!

Thank you.
I made a few mistakes, but I am satisfied with the outcome.
I wish the wheels are removable though.

16I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:22 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful work. You made it look so real. It would be a great cornerstone for building up a sixth scale collection.

17I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:03 pm

Toyboy

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful work. You made it look so real. It would be a great cornerstone for building up a sixth scale collection.

Thank you.
Yes, I like to customize a few more bikes, and give them to my figures. I am also un progress of making own head so I can have my own figure.
Let's see how it goes!

18I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:47 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Not necessarily cheap anymore as I don't think they still make them, but New-Ray used to make 1/6 motorcycles. They were fairly cheap when they came out about 40 bucks USD, but i think now they resell for about 90ish on ebay + ship. Still cheaper than Tamiya models which you have to build and I don't think they move.

19I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:28 pm

Toyboy

csyeung wrote:Not necessarily cheap anymore as I don't think they still make them, but New-Ray used to make 1/6 motorcycles. They were fairly cheap when they came out about 40 bucks USD, but i think now they resell for about 90ish on ebay + ship. Still cheaper than Tamiya models which you have to build and I don't think they move.

Yes, it's really hard to find 1/6 scale motorcycle or vehicles. Either they are just toy grade like New Ray, but cheap, or good details but very expensive.
I am trying to find something used so I do not have to pay over $50, then customize it.
I am thinking to get another New ray die cast bike like Honda sport bike, and turn it into cyberpunk style.
But I am not sure yet.

20I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:22 pm

teamweapon

https://rossi-shop.nl/diecast-16-scale

21I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:56 pm

Toyboy

teamweapon wrote:https://rossi-shop.nl/diecast-16-scale

Thank you for the link!

22I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:41 am

teamweapon

Toyboy wrote:

Thank you for the link!
took me a while to get round to it [same as with actually ordering one haha] but got there in the end Smile
not sure the bikes are exactly what you are looking for but for E50 they are cheap enough

23I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:37 am

Toyboy

teamweapon wrote:
Toyboy wrote:

Thank you for the link!
took me a while to get round to it [same as with actually ordering one haha] but got there in the end Smile
not sure the bikes are exactly what you are looking for but for E50 they are cheap enough

I ordered Newray Honda CBR1000 for the next project on Amazon.
I think if this project goes well, I will try to buy the Ducati from the website you shared I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 1f600

24I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:35 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Cool custom bike! Seems you also like Cyberpunk settings like me. I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 1f44d I'm looking forward to see what your new ride will look like...

25I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Empty Re: I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:52 pm

Toyboy

Randam Hajile wrote:Cool custom bike! Seems you also like Cyberpunk settings like me. I customized 1:6 scale motorcycle 1f44d I'm looking forward to see what your new ride will look like...

Thank you!
Yes, I love cyberpunk styles, and most of 1:6 action figures I got so far is somewhat cyberpunk style.
Next bike will be cyberpunk style, although I do not think I can make it like real super detailed futuristic one, but I will try to paint it with vivid colors.
Let's see how it will turn out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum