OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Empty 3D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:00 pm

chrisinbama

chrisinbama
Y'all, I didn't quite know where to put this. I wanted to put it in the discussion I participated in a little while back about 1/6 scale motorcycles, but I couldn't find it. It didn't even come up in my search. But I really wanted to share it here because I just stumbled on this video quite randomly...but I immediately thought of that previous discussion. While this is much more involved than the average person would even attempt, I still thought it would be of interest here...both for those who ARE capable of being this awesome, and those, like me, who simply want to marvel at the awesomeness. Also, I am not sure what the scale is here...it looks close anyway. Thought you all would be interested. As I told the guy, this is 100% the most impressive video I have ever seen!

https://youtu.be/29dsCVFI0HM

Editing to add this pickup truck video I also found so I don't have to make 2 posts. This one is definitely 1/6 scale, and he even puts his guy in the truck. He didn't make it with a 3d pen, but it's certainly painstaking...and absolutely fantastic! I love seeing talent like this...especially when it pertains to our world. My question is...why can't I be this awesome????

https://youtu.be/NwSIgDKvMHk

23D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Empty Re: 3D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:33 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that’s some talent and dedication, for sure! I loved the weathering /painting effects on that truck .... I am keeping that in mind for future.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

33D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Empty Re: 3D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, these are very impressive and inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

43D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Empty Re: 3D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:26 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Finally convinced me to buy that 3d pen that was waiting in my cart. xD

53D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Empty Re: 3D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:33 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow! Very impressive. I wish I had that dedication. I think the bike is a bit small for 1/6, but that was super impressive to watch.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

3D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) C8485110

63D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Empty Re: 3D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:43 pm

chrisinbama

chrisinbama
I have a 3-D pen and I have tried to make stuff with it and I just am not good at it! I couldn’t even make glasses for my man! But every time I watch something like this I do get inspired all over again. There are several 3-D pen people that I have watched for a while on YouTube but it’s been a while since I’ve watched any of them. Everything’s about 3-D printers nowadays. I also finally bit the bullet and just bought a 3-D printer! I’m very excited! It’s supposed to get here like Monday or Tuesday. I do hope that I can make some useful things for my 1/6 world, but I still like the idea of making a few things here and there with the pen. I sure won’t be making that motorcycle! But it sure is nice to watch someone with that much talent make it happen!

73D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Empty Re: 3D pen motorcycle (1/6 scale??) Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
while this is undoubtedly impressive and enjoyable to watch, i dare say it's nothing one could hope to simply reproduce without serious modeling skills. a 3d printer i think is far more reliable in its results for it merely copies already existing 3d models, some a bit better than others of course.
short example would be wall tiles i'm printing right now for a new diorama of mine. while not changing any settings that worked well for other projects, this time the first layer wouldn't stick to the bed rather than being pulled upwards a few lines in.
the solution? print the first layer slower and heat the bed up by 5 degrees, simple right? well not so much a few tries and beers in, pulling your hair and screaming every curse known to man Wink and that's only a simple adaptation to a new situation.
as for modeling myself, i couldnt get a round sphere for the life of me, much less any complex object. so a 3d pen would serve me only for molding several pieces together instead of using super glue.
same goes for greenstuff i guess. i do simple workarounds for small objects but when it comes to real shaped thingies, i search for an object on thingiverse or yeggi, plenty of good stuff there already.
anyways, a great tool in the right hands, sadly not in mine. funny thing, i seem to be a decent shot, got a good sense of 3 dimensional surroundings, but i cant paint or visualize an object from scratch.
cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum