OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My first purchase 1/6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My first purchase 1/6 Empty My first purchase 1/6 Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:06 am

Devil34

Devil34
Greetings people.

I introduce myself, I am new, both to the group and to the topic of personalized figures.

My purchase of my 1/6 parts finally arrived, and obviously inexperience came to light. In context. I wanted to create a cute Asian girl. That being said, I went for the basics, I said to myself, okay, what do I need?

Certainly a body, well, I immersed myself in the groups and everyone said that Phicen were the best, I said well, what more. The skin tone was a nightmare, even though Phicen has only two skin tones: Pale and Tan; I chose tan. I also investigated if these bodies have detailed female parts (since I wanted them to), I found out that not all Phicen bodies have them, so I came to a conclusion and bought the famous S09C body that was highly praised (breasts and ass).

What else. One head, that was easy. YMTOYS has some beautiful Asian designs; I chose the YMT072C. I loved this head; Apart from the fact that she is beautiful, her serious expression reminded me of Princess Zelda from Twilight Princess; which is my favorite Zelda design.

And finally the quintessential Japanese costume: the Kimono. I chose an all red and mini skirt design. To mix seriousness and sensuality.

When I finally had my products, I realized that I didn't research properly, or else, my inexperience shone through.

First, the skin tone of the S09C's tanned body is, in my opinion, nothing like the tan of a human woman (As noted, many in the forums said that the tanned tone was more natural than the pale one, so I chose the tan tone), I mean, in my opinion it is a sad gray, a whole skin that you would see on a dead person. Then, the head is undoubtedly beautiful, I loved its natural light skin tone with pink magic, but when assembling it to the body, problems arose. First, obviously the uneven skin tone. Second, the size of the head does not match the body, it is slightly small.

I can't deny that I am satisfied, but I expected more, I mean, as you can see in the photos that you all upload: everything perfect and everything in its place. But, well, here I am, and by doing you learn.

What I need? I really want a body that has all natural light pink skin, which fits very well with that all-Asian look of women today. Also, that the proportions are correct. That said, I'm open to body suggestions. Now my next purchase will be the YMT090B head, I love that one.

My first purchase 1/6 DBlyWO4
My first purchase 1/6 APCCotq
My first purchase 1/6 APCCotq
My first purchase 1/6 W18zQ7f
My first purchase 1/6 TaJNWeR
My first purchase 1/6 PoCbRTR

2My first purchase 1/6 Empty Re: My first purchase 1/6 Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice first figure! I like her dress. Will you be adding to her number?

3My first purchase 1/6 Empty Re: My first purchase 1/6 Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:21 am

Devil34

Devil34
BAMComix wrote:Very nice first figure! I like her dress. Will you be adding to her number?

Thanks, the kimono is ICE TOYS-Kimono IC1004

4My first purchase 1/6 Empty Re: My first purchase 1/6 Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:34 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Vibrant kimono. Looks like she already has company and is about to get some more. TBLeague / Phicen just announced more skintones for their female bodies, but these particular ones are not yet going to make your job easier. Still, it looks like a reasonably close match to me.

5My first purchase 1/6 Empty Re: My first purchase 1/6 Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:08 am

davidd

davidd
I think you're off to a great start with your first custom-assembled figure. The overall "look" is very nice.

Matching heads to bodies can be very challenging... and can result in unintended expense, and in owning a lot more heads and bodies than was initially intended!
Razz

In my experience, most of the YMT heads run on the small side, and tend to look undersized on "standard size" TBLeague/Phicen bodies.

I usually try to pair YMT heads with smaller Phicen bodies:

S34/35 "teen" body (attached feet)
S36/37 "anime" body
S26/27 "petite" body (some YMT heads can look slightly large on this small body)
S40/41

To narrow things down to just one choice, I have found the S35A to be the best size and color match to the several YMToys heads that I own.

My first purchase 1/6 50945282372_c484e69c8f
ymt027 head on S35A body

My first purchase 1/6 50967937771_2b1d11bd5a
ymt029 head on S35A body

6My first purchase 1/6 Empty Re: My first purchase 1/6 Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:43 am

Devil34

Devil34
davidd wrote:I think you're off to a great start with your first custom-assembled figure. The overall "look" is very nice.

Matching heads to bodies can be very challenging... and can result in unintended expense, and in owning a lot more heads and bodies than was initially intended!
Razz

In my experience, most of the YMT heads run on the small side, and tend to look undersized on "standard size" TBLeague/Phicen bodies.

I usually try to pair YMT heads with smaller Phicen bodies:

S34/35 "teen" body (attached feet)
S36/37 "anime" body
S26/27 "petite" body (some YMT heads can look slightly large on this small body)
S40/41

To narrow things down to just one choice, I have found the S35A to be the best size and color match to the several YMToys heads that I own.

ymt027 head on S35A body

ymt029 head on S35A body

thank you.  I also see that those heads have a skin tone that is very suitable for those bodies

7My first purchase 1/6 Empty Re: My first purchase 1/6 Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:49 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I have nothing to add on the topic in general, but I will say welcome aboard and nice figure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

My first purchase 1/6 1f10

8My first purchase 1/6 Empty Re: My first purchase 1/6 Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:40 am

brassco

brassco
Devil34 wrote:[justify]

What I need? I really want a body that has all natural light pink skin, which fits very well with that all-Asian look of women today. Also, that the proportions are correct.

try Jiaou Dolls..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum