OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog

This is my take on Professor Victor Champion, a character first created by the late MiskatonicNick. He has so far been perpetuated by both Dal an Dave, and now, thanks to the generous gift of a head sculpt from Dave who seems to have had one too many, I am perpetuating him also.

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 53226615214_80692e7ddb_b
Victor Champion 1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

My interpretation, like Dave's is that Professor Champion ha a very retro look, resembling the stereotypical British Explorer types of the late 19th C to through the first half of the 20th C.  The body is a TBL M32, and he wears an Ujindou bush jacket with a scarf or ascot, sleeves rolled up. His breeches are from the DiD Colonel MacKenzie figure as are his boots. The helmet is an India Pattern Sola Topee, obtained from Tony Barton at Antheads, the carbine is a US M1, which were quite popular with British troops in Burma when they could be had, and which were even carried by British generals such as General Slim while serving in Burma. The belt, holster and canteen are WWII British and the pistol, not seen here, is a Smith & Wesson M1917 revolver in .45 ACP.  

One thing that really disappoints me about the M32 figure, is the lack of gun-gripping hands...actually any gripping hands. TBL seems to think we will all be using these figures as Kung-Fu fighters or something. A set of gloved hands has been ordered from ebay and will replace these crappy Kung-fu hands as soon as they arrive.

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 53226540718_b36e751495_b
Victor Champion 3 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

It's not generally well-known, but Professor Champion is an avid bird-watcher in his spare time.

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 53225357522_18c397dd5e_b
Victor Champion 2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

In reality, he drinks much more whisky than he lets on.

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 53226614844_4cbecc4783_b
Victor Champion 4 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

It should be noted that Kamiko has driven a good many men to drink more than they should. [/center]

[center]

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Dig it. I love the retro look. Reminds of all the old B&W Tarzan movies. Very cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 1f10

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Ah yes, Loch Lomond Whiskey, thats the same brand Captain Haddock drinks.
Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Haddock-whisky-Loch-Lomond

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Blistering barnacles, this gave me such a laugh!

davidd

davidd
I really like the canteen, among all the other remarkable little details; particularly now that I know what the canteen likely contains!

Jolly good emulation of the original character, quite in keeping with The Original Professor Challenger's adventure among ancient Egyptian tombs.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your Champion is a champion. I do hope his pockets are safe from that conniving Kamiko. Smile

Visisonor

Visisonor
I didn't know he was MiskatonicNick's creation.
It is heartwarming to see Professor Champion (and other characters) live on.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Visisonor wrote:I didn't know he was MiskatonicNick's creation.

Yes, Victor Champion is a MiskatonickNick creation. Dave, Dal and I have seen fit to perpetuate a few of his characters, which is a way of rendering homage as well as having fun.

davidd

davidd

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Yes, Victor Champion is a MiskatonickNick creation. Dave, Dal and I have seen fit to perpetuate a few of his characters, which is a way of rendering homage as well as having fun.

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Champion_portal1

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Champion_portal2

BAMComix

BAMComix
lol! Brilliant Dave!

Victor looks great Gary, and is settling in well at his new HQ! bounce bounce

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Yes, Victor Champion is a MiskatonickNick creation. Dave, Dal and I have seen fit to perpetuate a few of his characters, which is a way of rendering homage as well as having fun.

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Champion_portal2

Hilarious!  Love Baghead and the Loch Lomond whisky.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very cool! Using the same head to recreate the same character is really a brilliant idea. I have never thought about joint storytelling projects, but this is extremely cool. Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 1f44d

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 53239768381_ce8f2544d1_b
Page_1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 53240067178_3c6d0e982d_b
Page_2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 53239768336_9665675554_b
Page_3 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 53240132554_2d3354e778_b
Page_4 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

davidd

davidd
Okay, that was really funny! Kamiko has no tolerance for this sort of nonsense... unless alchohol is involved, in which case she might make temporary exceptions.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Smile That was great! good to see Kamiko getting involved too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum