OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floral Delight

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:24 pm

DarthJ

Valiarde wrote:Well one could use the damaged dolls for some Zombie World or similar stuff. Unless you don't want them to live on as monsters.

The problem is, Phicen figures burn or melt easily. When they do they are beyond any use.

I'm busy cleaning the survivors. First I use a multi-textile spot remover which "preserves the colours" and seems to work rather well (but makes the figure sticky) and then a baby talc powdering for further cleaning and undoing the sticky feeling.
One needs feet replacements and another one misses a hand (was already a problem before).
It seems that among the saved ones are 2 S27, 1 S25 and 1 S24. I'll check when the new ones arrive

27Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:54 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
DarthJ wrote:
Valiarde wrote:Well one could use the damaged dolls for some Zombie World or similar stuff. Unless you don't want them to live on as monsters.

The problem is, Phicen figures burn or melt easily. When they do they are beyond any use.

I'm busy cleaning the survivors. First I use a multi-textile spot remover which "preserves the colours" and seems to work rather well (but makes the figure sticky) and then a baby talc powdering for further cleaning and undoing the sticky feeling.
One needs feet replacements and another one misses a hand (was already a problem before).
It seems that among the saved ones are 2 S27, 1 S25 and 1 S24. I'll check when the new ones arrive
As annoying as the situation and damage are, you might find someone interested in getting the skeletons, if they are still functional.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

28Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:16 am

DarthJ

Sell them on Ebay as a "special series" for the price of a full figure ...

29Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:51 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I would have thought you needed good karma.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

30Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:29 am

DarthJ

Warning : the following picture is not for the fainthearted.

This is what is left of that nice first picture. They melt like cheese.

Floral Delight - Page 2 Img_3010

31Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:16 am

DarthJ

9 saved bodies. Out of about 22.
I managed to get them clean with a soot remover for stoves and a layer of talc afterwards. The plastic hands and feet were more difficult.
I used the pale versions less as I couldn't find that many suitable heads so relatively more of them survived as they were stored away from the fire.
If someone can identify the other figures ?

Floral Delight - Page 2 Img_3011

32Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:21 am

DarthJ

Surviving heads.

Floral Delight - Page 2 Img_3012
Floral Delight - Page 2 Img_3013Floral Delight - Page 2 Img_3017

33Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:12 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
So cool that some survived. They've cleaned up really well too.

34Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:53 am

DarthJ

I'm still looking for a Qi An DR-008c 'Dreamer' head sculpt for a low price. That probably means 'no shipping and no taxes' from China , not the 'expensive shipping and taxes' from the USA.

See this thread :

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t813-new-product-1-6-qi-an-toys-dr-007-dr-008-female-head-sculpture-3-styles-each

35Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:01 am

DarthJ

After the bodies and heads, the clothing. I have boxes of clothing but again the more special ones such as Floral Delight seem to have almost completely disappeared. I'm busy handwashing those I find back. Even if they have not been sooted they can use a clean anyway.

"Main Attraction" (1985) for Sindy survived.

Floral Delight - Page 2 Main_a10

36Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:48 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Oh, man! That pic is scary. Too bad you lost so many. Glad you were able to recover some, but it’s still tragic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Floral Delight - Page 2 1f10

37Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:26 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That is awful and quite frankly one of my constant fears, not just with my figures but with everything really. I hope you get most if not all of them back including the dresses.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Floral Delight - Page 2 1f60e

38Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:35 pm

DarthJ

Theboo-bomb wrote:That is awful and quite frankly one of my constant fears, not just with my figures but with everything really. I hope you get most if not all of them back including the dresses.

The constant fear of damage. That's why I plan to sell my whole collection of miniature vehicles. Some vehicles were also damaged or destroyed, most however not by fire but by people stepping on them in the aftermath.
One problem to get rid of these is the sheer size of that collection. About 4000 - 5000 pieces.

39Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:37 am

DarthJ

What do you do when you lose your soldiers ?  You call for replacements.
They arrived Thursday and yesterday.

One advantage of having to rebuild your army of figures is being able to prevent previous mistakes and to "concentrate" the collection not buying stuff you won't use much anyway. For instance I'm not planning on buying any early (metal skeleton) bodies. They are made to depict superheroines and villains, tall, broad shoulders, muscular. And neither the more anime-sized bodies.

Also the pale versions won't be a priority, these are more difficult to match with fitting heads.

New recruits (left to right)
- S25, head Super Duck SDH-031B. Also found a replacement for the lost "Simply Summer" (1973) dress.
- S27, head Super Duck SDH-014C
- S28, head Super Duck SDH-023B
- S39, with her own head (which I find too small)

Floral Delight - Page 2 Img_9010

40Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:47 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good point, and these are also among my favorite bodies.

41Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 pm

Diana

Diana
NICE choices! Very Happy

42Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:34 am

DarthJ

I found 2 dresses. As it wasn't too far I fetched them myself, venturing out in the boondocks where no straight road has been invented yet.

Both in original packaging complete with shoes and shawls. Unfortunately though they had spent about 50 years in a damp cellar. One of the dresses is in bad shape, the other one needs some extra tricks to get a few spots out.

So, if I can find a few in the Belgian Boondocks how about America ? The dresses were mainly sold in the USA so there must be hundreds of these hiding in basements, attics, abandoned warehouses, etc ... I'll buy any intact one for a decent price. Complete set or not. The neck string will often be missing but that is not a problem.

Floral Delight - Page 2 Img_9110

43Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:55 pm

DarthJ

For those interested, I have put 2 skeletons on sale in the classifieds.

44Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:07 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Do you know what these sets were called? If so, you should list the exact title, and perhaps folks can help you find more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

45Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:36 pm

DarthJ

Stryker2012 wrote:Do you know what these sets were called? If so, you should list the exact title, and perhaps folks can help you find more.

This thread was named after the one dress in particular I am looking for : Floral Delight, made by Kenner for the Bionic Woman doll.
Because of the many layers there is an almost infinite number of variations possible, most of the time the orange tone prevails, sometimes a more yellow tone. It's just an uncurable collectors thing to find as many variations as possible.

There is a noticeable difference between the 2 dresses I bought yesterday, one is of thicker, solid fabric while the other one is flimsier and almost falls apart if you touch it.

Though I am also looking for :

- the other 7 clothes sets (mostly dresses) in this "Designer Series" for the Bionic Woman.

- Simply Summer" (1973 version) for Barbie. Again, variations, also in manufacturing quality. Picture see previous page.

- dress #5705 (1980) by Plasty for Petra, a German Barbie clone. This is a dark blue "Wickelkleid"  (wrap-around) dress. Due to a lackluster manufacturing quality it may take a few dresses before you find a good one.

I had to borrow an image from the Internet as a placeholder.

Floral Delight - Page 2 1980-510

-

46Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:45 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my goodness, I only saw this thread now. I'm so incredibly sorry to see that happened. I know how much you enjoy collecting these vintage doll dresses and outfits. I'm glad at least most of your doll clothing collection was ok?

Losing any part of your collection unexpectedly to such a horrible thing as fire would be distressing no matter what, but imo the vintage clothes are more unique than the tbleague bodies and heads. I would be sad to lose the heads and bodies I collected due to how expensive they can be, but I would be far more upset to lose any of my custom and/or vintage doll clothing. I really hope you can continue to find replacements for the items that were lost!  

I'm in the UK, but I'll keep an eye out for Sindy and Barbie clothing that you might want...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

47Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:52 pm

DarthJ

I have boxes filled with clothing but the problem is most of the special items were lost.Burned to a crisp, I didn't even find charred fragments so far. The same thing happened to the box with heads. It's just gone.

Speaking of which, I am looking for this head (RIP). Anybody knows which one this is ?

Floral Delight - Page 2 Img_8310

48Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:05 pm

Illusion

Illusion
So sad to read what has happened to you. I was just too shocked to comment at first.
A nightmare that my mind does not want to deal with. Thank god noone was hurt.

Hats off that you immediately started to sort out and clean and restock/rebuild! cheers

I am not sure I would have the stamina to do it. So, best of luck with your quest!

49Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:31 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thank You for share this pictures to us. A really lovely Dress and what a band of beauties.

50Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:17 pm

DarthJ

2 months after disaster day I find 2 more surviving heads.

Floral Delight - Page 2 Heads10

51Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like the bionic woman, you can repair them better than before.

52Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:07 pm

DarthJ

Actually the heads get clean rather easily but the hair, that will be another matter and it will require some very "girly" action to get those clean. To begin with, a nice shampooing.

53Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:08 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Oh man! The carnage there must be unreal. The clean up process definitely takes a long time.

54Floral Delight - Page 2 Empty Re: Floral Delight Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DarthJ wrote:Actually the heads get clean rather easily but the hair, that will be another matter and it will require some very "girly" action to get those clean. To begin with, a nice shampooing.
I'm sure you can handle that. If that doesn't work, re-hairing is not that difficult, we even have a tutorial now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum