OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Once an Inquisitor hunting Jedi for the Empire, the mysterious Marrok now works as a mercenary hired by Morgan Elsbeth to carry out dark deeds. Fully encased in battered battle armor, the warrior still carries a red double-bladed saber with a circular hilt.

Expanding the vast collectibles inspired by the Ahsoka live-action series, Hot Toys is pleased to present the 1/6th scale Marrok™ collectible figure!

The highly-accurate collectible figure features beautifully crafted armor with stunning weathering effects, skillfully tailored undersuit and cape, LED light-up double-bladed lightsaber, interchangeable lightsaber blades emulating the weapon in motion, and a display base!

This mysterious inquisitor will surely have an unique presence in your Star Wars™ collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS117
PRODUCT NAMEMARROK™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 31.5CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESAUTHENTIC AND DETAILED LIKENESS OF MARROK IN STAR WARS: AHSOKA
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q4, 2024 – Q1, 2025
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Marrok Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Marrok in Star Wars: Ahsoka
- One (1) newly crafted Marrok helmet with detailed weathering effects
- Approximately 31.5cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of lightsaber holding hands
- One (1) opened left hand
- One (1) right fist

Costume:
- One (1) black colored cape (embedded with wire)
- One (1) black colored under suit with shoulder and knee armors
- One (1) black colored armor vest
- One (1) black colored armor belt
- One (1) pair of black colored gauntlets
- One (1) pair of black colored armored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) circular LED-lighted red double-bladed lightsaber with blades (USB power operated)
- One (1) circular lightsaber hilt
- One (1) semi-circular LED-lighted lightsaber hilt (USB power operated)
- One (1) semi-circular lightsaber hilt
- One (1) pair of red-colored lightsaber blades in motion (attachable to the hilt)

Accessories:
- One (1) interchangeable left gauntlet with communicator unveiled
- Specially designed figure stand with character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2024 – Q1, 2025

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Light up function operated using USB power
***USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, USB-C cable is required
****Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2023 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1202
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2150
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3122
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4120
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5114
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6111
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7107
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8107
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9104
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10133
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11127
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12125
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13125
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14114
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15111
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1697
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1787
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1878
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1969

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #Ahsoka #Marrok #male #Sci-Fi #Disney+

Diana

Diana
Squeeeee!!!! He looks fantastic, but I'm squeeing about white Ahsoka in one of those pictures! Not that it's much of a surprise that Hot Toys won't let that opportunity slip, but this means she's close to release! Better get my funds in order... Laughing 

This is an awesome release, too, though. He looks bada$$! Alas, no bad guys for me.

Zes

Zes
I haven't seen Ahsoka, nor do I plan to, but goddamn, does this guy look cool. His armor reminds me of medieval plate armor, and I just love the rust effects. He looks ancient.

If I get him, I'll probably do a lightsaber swap, as I hate the inquisitor helicopter sabers.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah that armor is definately inspired by some maximilian knight armor

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I don’t really care for this design. Too much Medieval Knight, and not enough Sci-Fi aside from the lightsaber thingy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f10

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Diana wrote:Squeeeee!!!! He looks fantastic, but I'm squeeing about white Ahsoka in one of those pictures! Not that it's much of a surprise that Hot Toys won't let that opportunity slip, but this means she's close to release! Better get my funds in order... Laughing 

This is an awesome release, too, though. He looks bada$$! Alas, no bad guys for me.

that is what made me happy too....seeing white robed Ahsoka!! This is great figure, but not enough for me to order. Thrawn yes...

As an aside, it is looking promising from her publicist, that I will be able to get Diana Lee Inonsanto aka Morgan Elspeth on my podcast Smile

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love it, in principle, although it doesn't really work for me in a Star Wars setting. As we have discussed before, some of us find such over-the-top referencing of overly specific things distracting when it comes to space fantasy.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:I love it, in principle, although it doesn't really work for me in a Star Wars setting. As we have discussed before, some of us find such over-the-top referencing of overly specific things distracting when it comes to space fantasy.

Hah! That's funny, since I am very loud about that. But in THIS case for some reason it doesn't bug me. It makes sense to me that historic armour would influence/inspire the design of an individual's armour. What a Face

davidd

davidd
So... this character is a quite literal Jedi Knight?

I don't follow the multitude of Star Wars series anymore, so please pardon the ignorant question, but... is this character a Jedi? A "dark Jedi," I suppose, since the "bad ones" seem to use red sabers?

Tangential question... and the inevitable tangents: can anyone learn to use a light saber, or is it strictly a Jedi thing? Like, does someone need a certain midichlorian count to even touch a light saber?

Wasn't the Jedi Order supposed to be extinct, or virtually so? There seem to be an awful lot of Jedi running around for an order that was, in the context of the original movie, extinct to the point of having become the stuff of legend and myth rather than reality. The mighty Vader himself was considered somewhat eccentric, even by those who feared him, for his devotion to that hokey old religion.

Unless... is this a pre-Clone Wars character? I don't think it is, because I see older Ahsoka in one of the pics, and isn't Older Ahsoka supposedly another survivor of the Jedi purge that drove Obi Wan in to exile?

Where do all these Jedi come from? Who trains them in the Ways of the Jedi and the Ways of the Force? Obi Wan became a hermit, hiding out in a desert; Yoda became a hermit, feigning lunacy and hiding out in a swamp. Even Luke, after bringing The Old Ways back in to the mainstream and becoming a hero, ran off to hide on a barren island in Scotland. It's not like the Old Masters were running a Jedi Training Academy in their retirement years.

Is Marrok a live-action character or an animated character? Or, with augmented CGI video, can the two be separated anymore?

I'm guessing the Star Wars geeks serious fans would say that Marrok has advanced sensors and neural links built into his helmet, obliviating the need for a visor that opens or, y'know, a way to see.

Why do so many Star Wars characters wear upper body armor but cloth trousers? Seems like a vulnerable area to leave open for targeting. Unless, y'know, they're wearing Underarmour. Or Underoos.

Which were briefly (get it? Briefly? Razz ) available in adult sizes:  https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/626592/relive-your-childhood-superhero-dreams-underoos-adults

(Note: it appears that Underoos have once more vanished from the cultural nerdscape: https://underoos.com/pages/underoos )

This figure raises so many questions... but I'm prolly not gonna buy one, even though it looks kinda cool.

But if you want one: $280 USD at BigBadToyStore:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/259709?o=4

NOTE:  OMG!  Shocked According to the product description, this character is "an Inquisitor hunting Jedi for the Empire?" NOBODY EXPECTS....

Star Wars meets Monty Python. This franchise has totally jumped the shark, hasn't it?

I hope they release a Deluxe Version that includes a comfy chair.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
davidd wrote:So... this character is a quite literal Jedi Knight?

I don't follow the multitude of Star Wars series anymore, so please pardon the ignorant question,

not an ignorant question, but you summed up there why you have so many questions Very Happy Ahsoka, like a lot of the other series, are set before A New Hope - ergo, Jedi are still on the run, those who survived Order 66.

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

davidd

davidd
lurpdog101 wrote:Ahsoka, like a lot of the other series, are set before A New Hope - ergo, Jedi are still on the run, those who survived Order 66.

Ohhh... okay. So the Ahsoka series is set between the time of the Clone Wars and when Obi Wan and Yoda went in to deep hiding. I guess that kind of makes sense, except that a lot of Jedi seemed to survive General Order 66. Did Order 66 not apply to "bad" Jedi like Vader and Dooku and Maul and Ventress and Sidious and... well, the list gets pretty long. But then, those Storm Troopers never could shoot very straight, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that a lot of Jedi, maybe even most of the Jedi, got away.

Zes

Zes
davidd wrote:
lurpdog101 wrote:Ahsoka, like a lot of the other series, are set before A New Hope - ergo, Jedi are still on the run, those who survived Order 66.

Ohhh... okay. So the Ahsoka series is set between the time of the Clone Wars and when Obi Wan and Yoda went in to deep hiding. I guess that kind of makes sense, except that a lot of Jedi seemed to survive General Order 66. Did Order 66 not apply to "bad" Jedi like Vader and Dooku and Maul and Ventress and Sidious and... well, the list gets pretty long. But then, those Storm Troopers never could shoot very straight, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that a lot of Jedi, maybe even most of the Jedi, got away.
Actually, the Ahsoka series is post-ROTJ, like the "Mandalorian" and "Book of Boba Fett" series. It's the same argument, though: these characters apparently survived Order 66. It is a bit weird that there are so many force wielders post-ROTJ when, canonically, Luke should have been the last living Jedi at that time. Just bad Disney writing, I guess.

I did end up watching the series out of curiosity. Marrok and a few other new characters in the show were quite interesting. I would love to see Hot Toys announce Baylan Skoll and Shin Hati; their armor is glorious.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
You can also blame Filoni, who’s doing his best to put every character he had a hand in for all the animated shows. But, as said, it’s also the lazy writing, which has plagued all of Hollywood since roughly the new Millennium.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: AHSOKA™: MARROK™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Dave, to address parts of your question(s) -- Han Solo wields a light saber on Hoth to cut open a Tauntaun and stick Luke inside it for warmth. It doesn't mean he's any good dueling with it, but he can certainly touch and turn it on.

Armor is subject to the vagaries of fashion, combined with alternating commitment to mobility and protection. A knight on horseback can be covered in plate (actually lighter than [chain]maile) from head to toe, because the horse is mobile for him. Fighting primarily on foot means making choices and addressing priorities. Think of a modern military bullet vest and helmet, protecting the head and torso but not the limbs.

Diana, actually they borrowed heavily from existing things in the real world, military and civilian alike, but managed to disguise them (or not) quite well -- in the past. Many of the helmets and guns were partly repurposed and augmented from real world items; the stormtrooper pauldrons and gunner chestplates were from leather motorcycle outfits; on Bespin one of the guys runs around with an icecream maker -- or something like that. But this, like the cowboy hat of ... I forgot his name, mean blue guy with red eyes ... is just too transparent a reference for me. Now this is a futuristic setting set in the past... borrowing something so blatantly 16th-century western European seems to stretch credulity -- for me, anyway. Now if it were a postapocalyptic Earth-based scenario or alternative history story, sure. I do love the visual.

Visisonor

Visisonor
davidd wrote:Did Order 66 not apply to "bad" Jedi like Vader and Dooku and Maul and Ventress and Sidious and...
Well, Sidious was the one who issued that order. And it applied to the Jedi Order specifically.
Curiously, in the old canon it was one of many possible failsafes (e.g. order 65: kill your clone officer; order 66: kill your Jedi general; order 67: kill your nearest senator; order 68: kill the supreme chancellor; order 69: ...)
Dooku was already dead by that time, Maul probably wasn't meant to come back to life until some time later.

But either way, with so many Force users after the supposed near extinction the canon now is a mess. Much of it can be attributed to bad writing by Disney, but it started with Lucas himself before he sold Lucasfilm.
It was straightforward in OT, two Sith Lords, two surviving Jedi (which makes the prophecy from the prequels of the chosen one bringing balance to the Force a little bit too literal, even if it wasn't what Lucas intended). Then a few more characters who survived the hunt popped up here and there. Then the new canon reset it all and did it all again.
And these surviving Force users had to fight someone (other then stormtroopers - it gets old quickly) - and they can't stumble into Vader all that often because if they do, he'd mop the floor with them without even waking up - so they need other Dark Side users to fight, and this is how the Spanish Inquisition came to life, and now there are a bunch of inquisitors who, in theory, can be expendable but they tend to survive being impaled with lightsabers (Qui-Gon's Force ghost would certainly want a word with them) because their creators can't let go of them or something...

davidd

davidd
Visisonor wrote: ... and this is how the Spanish Inquisition came to life, and now there are a bunch of inquisitors...

Razz Even though I'm not at all in to the numerous current incarnations of the Star Wars universe, I'm amused by the almost Pythonesque absurdity around Jedi, former Jedi, Fallen Jedi, good force users, bad force users, force "sensitive" users... and then there's General Grievous (whom I ended up reading about) who turned himself in to, or was turned in to (depending on which backstory you prefer) a cyborg with Jedi-like laser sword skillz. So amused, in fact, that I'm beginning to flirt with the idea of possibly picking up this Fallen Jedi I'm Really a Knight and the Cad Clint Eastwood Bane figures to create a Star Wars Spanish Inquisition. Spending five hundred bucks to indulge a whim... probably not gonna happen. But it'd be fun.

Thanx, guys 'n' gals, for the info.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum