OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

davidd

davidd
From the Bleeding-Heart of Hollywood comes... Vampira!

Executive Replicas Inc. is proud to offer the 1/6th scale Vampira® action figure.

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V1c

You’ve never met Vampira... but you will. She’s been waiting for you for a long time. Perhaps you’ll run into her in one of those dreams that leave you icy. Still, if you’re lucky, you’ll see her appear at the stroke of midnight. Vampira is the ghoul that men are dying to meet.

She’s magnificent, exotic, a somewhat macabre slice of womanhood. She’s the girl who looks thrilling in a form-fitting shroud, a devil-doll who has werewolves panting at her door.

She’s also a girl with a mission – a midnight mission, if you’ll pardon me saying so. She’d like you to visit her in her attic playroom… a delightfully intimate place where cobwebs take the place of chiffon curtains and bats flutter restlessly in gilded cages. If the cocktail table happens to be a tombstone – so what? Vampira pours a drink that is out of this world. And that’s exactly where a few sips may take you.

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V2c

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V3c

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V4c

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V5c

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V6c

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V7c

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V9c

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V8c

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V10c

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V11c

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V12c

The Vampira Show 1954

The Vampira show began on April 30, 1954. The T.V. cameras would broadcast those opening moments live to an unsuspecting audience. Flickering lights dim as a wasplike silhouette appears from a misty corridor. The advancing shadowy figure materializes, as it takes the form of a woman. Nearing the camera, she raises her talons and drags them through her raven black hair. And then she screams... loudly! She quickly composes herself and addresses the camera in an old Hollywood tone, “Good Evening,” she says. “I am... Vampira.”

Los Angeles tuned in weekly to watch Vampira bathe in a cauldron, share ghoulish cocktail recipes (“one jigger formaldehyde, two jiggers vulture blood, garnish with an eyeball”), and caress her pet spider Rollo.

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V0b

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V6b

Plan 9 From Outer Space Featuring Vampira as “The Ghoul”

Vampira plays Bela Lugosi’s deceased spouse in the Ed Wood 1957 classic, Plan 9 From Outer Space. The film starts with narrator Criswell stating, “You are interested in the unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are here.” Within the first 10 minutes Vampira kills two gravediggers and goes on a terror spree with her bald sidekick, Inspector Clay (Tor Johnson). Over the years, Plan 9 has been considered to be the epitome of “so-bad-it’s-good” vintage cinema.

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V1b

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V2b

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V3b

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V4b

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V5b

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) V13s

------\\------ \\ --------

VAMPIRA® 1:6 Scale Action Figure from Executive Replicas

Vampira® 12 inch Action Figure with Couch (Color version):

Barcode no. 70257136347

Item no. ERVAMP1201

Retail - $349.99

Vampira® 12 inch Action Figure with Couch (Monochrome/Black and White Version)

Barcode no. 70257136348

Item no. ERVAMP1202

Retail - $349.99

End of pre-order January 31st, 2024

Product includes:

HEADS:

One (1) portrait with normal expression with rooted hair
One (1) portrait with screaming expression with rooted hair

BODY:

One (1) seamless body with metal skeleton and over 30 points of articulation

HANDS:

One (1) pair of open hands
One (1) pair of horror hands

COSTUME:

One (1) belt
One (1) pair of high heels

ACCESSORIES:

One (1) ring

One (1) cigarette with holder

One (1) candle stand (polyresin)

One (1) couch (polyresin)

PACKING:

1 x 4C gift box, with EPE foam protection

FURTHER INFORMATION:

Executive Replicas website:

https://www.executivereplicas.com/product-page/vampiria-12in-action-figure-with-coach-color-version

https://www.executivereplicas.com/product-page/vampiria-12in-action-figure-with-coach-monochrome-black-and-white-version

BigBadToyStore (online retailer):

color:  https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/264350?o=4

monochrome:  https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/264352?o=4

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Since it’s executive Replicas, this is going to be WAY overpriced.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) 1f10

davidd

davidd
Stryker2012 wrote:Since it’s executive Replicas, this is going to be WAY overpriced.

Retail list price is $349.99 USD.  (The equivalent of about $30 USD in 1954 dollars, according to an online inflation calculator. For reference, retail price for the original Barbie doll in 1959 was $3.00.)

The name "Vampira" is now a "trademark" owned by Vampira Coffiin Holdings since 2008. Sadly, the actress who originated the Vampira character, Maila Nurmi, never managed to make much money from her creation. I'm sure she never dreamed that one day there would be $350 Vampira dolls.

The Executive Replicas website notes that production numbers will be based on pre-orders. At a price-point of $350, who knows if the Vampira figure will ever be produced?

There is absolutely no way I can justify spending $350 on a vampire girl doll based on a character that was retired long before I was ever born; a character which lives on more through myth and pop-culture legend than anything else. I mean, what would I do with it? It will be too expensive for me to feel comfortable "playing with" in stories, scenes, or photo-shoots. It's a "seamless" figure, so it's not going to have the long-term durability of a porcelain teacup or similar "antique" collectable items. It's a "regional TV" character from the 1950s, the days of live broadcasting when most programs were not saved to tape or film, so who even remembers this character now, let alone a few years down the line?

Still... I can't help but want one! Embarassed

I've been able to resist various iterations of Elvira over the years, but Vampira would open me up to marketers of other "horror movie host" characters: Svengoolie, of course (both Original and Son of); Zacherley; and Bob Wilkins (with his yellow rocking chair) would be a must-have.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
If someone made an actual 1/6 Elvira, and it actually looked like Cassandra, I’d be all in. I remember the movies that Vampira appeared in, but aside from the niche appeal, I can’t justify the cost.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Executive Replicas 1/6-Scale VAMPIRA Action Figure (ERVAMP1201) (ERVAMP1202) 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for posting it, Dave. Since we discussed, I also made it onto the site and am glad you reproduced the extra information/content. There don't seem to be bigger images available.

I am completely unfamiliar with the character and the sources, but she certainly looks iconic. Like you, I wonder if this would have a wide enough appeal to work at this price -- how many Vampira fans are there that are also interested in an action figure of her, and will cough up the money? I suspect at a much lower price they might have made bigger profit, as she would have sold as an attractive, classic, female vampire even to people who might not know or care about the source.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:I wonder if this would have a wide enough appeal to work at this price -- how many Vampira fans are there that are also interested in an action figure of her....

My limited market research suggests: not very many. A six-inch NECA "Toony Terrors" version of Vampira is sale-priced at 10% off (now $17.99) at BigBadToyStore; for comparison, the previously released Svengoolie (a currently still-running TV movie host) sold out quickly.

Vampira was a late-nite TV horror movie hostess, of the type popularized by Elvira three decades later, in the mid-1950s on a television station in Southern California. She appeared in a couple of low-budget movies before pretty much disappearing from the public eye. Only a few minutes of film footage of her act have been preserved, as television was largely broadcast live back in those days.

(I really need to stop thinking about and talking about this figure before I delude myself in to placing an ill-advised pre-order.)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I wonder if this would have a wide enough appeal to work at this price -- how many Vampira fans are there that are also interested in an action figure of her....

My limited market research suggests: not very many. A six-inch NECA "Toony Terrors" version of Vampira is sale-priced at 10% off (now $17.99) at BigBadToyStore; for comparison, the previously released Svengoolie (a currently still-running TV movie host) sold out quickly.

Vampira was a late-nite TV horror movie hostess, of the type popularized by Elvira three decades later, in the mid-1950s on a television station in Southern California. She appeared in a couple of low-budget movies before pretty much disappearing from the public eye. Only a few minutes of film footage of her act have been preserved, as television was largely broadcast live back in those days.
Thanks for the extra info. I think my suspicions are correct. They may be overfocusing on familiarity and nostalgia and overestimating the price. I think they would have had less trouble marketing her more broadly, maybe giving her a couple more accessories and some additional non-source specific hype. Elvira I have heard of and seen, and I think she would have resonated better.

itt

itt
I already own the Vampira statue by Bowen Designs from years gone by and I thought that would be enough, but this just fits in totally with my collection and I would love to have a Vampira to interact with my Nosferatu and Dracula figs etc, so... must have~!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
itt wrote:I already own the Vampira statue by Bowen Designs from years gone by and I thought that would be enough, but this just fits in totally with my collection and I would love to have a Vampira to interact with my Nosferatu and Dracula figs etc, so... must have~!
I hope it does go into production.

davidd

davidd
According to the Monsters in Motion online retail site, the estimated release date for the Vampira figure is the end of August 2024:

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/classic-horror-item-list-uv-c-8_127_591/vampira-color-version-16-scale-figure-with-couch-p-32940.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum