OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alex "Ath3n4" the techy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:17 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

I'm once again back after some time away, I've moved places since the last post were I posted anything, with that move I've also gained more space which is nice, I've also gained more chores since I've got to update some things around the new place and set up things and all that, still it's a fun time. Anyway, I'm back with some of my stuff, in this case my techy very much inspired by cyberpunk but by 80's cyberpunk fiction were you have people with their cyberdecks and all that good stuff, this is a figure that I showed in a group shot.
Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  21lEjMI
This specific shot, and I hope in due time to introduce the rest of them plus some other characters that have been knocking around in my head for a while. In any case let's introduce Alex or Ath3n4, the techy of the group.

Ath3n4

What kind of name is Ath3n4? A good question anyone that is not in line with most of the way that techies identify themselves on the net, such names are not uncommon and among them it's usually the only name they are known as, many hide their identities behind fake names or simply stop existing in any sort of data base, such individuals are known as blazed or ghosts and are usually the kind of person that doesn't answer tech support related questions in online forums. For Ath3n4 however it's a work name, a name she chose just like she chose Alex back when she turned 18. Alex first had her first experience of the unfiltered net when she managed to get a job at the SFPD's Net and Cybertech division to which she had applied, a good job by any other standards, safe and secure from the rest of the city but as fate or perhaps chance may have it she also showed additional skills that would soon lead her into becoming a field agent, a field techy. She was 23 when she had her first run on the field, the jobs were simple and most of them were basically providing extra eyes by controlling drones, dismantling security devices and sometimes hacking (or slicing as it's known) any firewall, ICE or similar things.
She originally didn't carry a gun, it was not necessary at the time, until it was. During an operative she was attacked and injured resulted in damages to her eyes and other parts, she still managed to fight back but it was obvious that any future techy would need to carry some form of protection, as such a high powered flechette pistol became her primary weapon, it required a new arm and some eyes before it could work at 100% capacity but it was worth it "It can stop a junkie before they think about walking" was what she was told.

For Ath3n4 however that job wouldn't last and she soon found herself in the middle of a corruption scandal and was asked to break into databases and servers in order to delete information and any sort of evidence that pointed towards the SFPD's dealings with gangs and the criminal underworld. For her that was a line too far, she decided the best thing she could do was access it and provide such evidence to those higher up but ultimately she was too late. While she and some other techies declined to be part of such a thing others did not and they quickly found themselves outnumbered and quickly silenced and shunned, bogus charges were brought up, evidence planted, they were black listed from working again for the government and for any security agency, black listed from working for corporations (though ultimately they don't care if you are useful), without a job there isn't much you can do in San Felipe, basic income doesn't cover much when you have medical needs and fairly expensive implants that need maintenance, and for someone black listed the only options are to go back to mediocre jobs or to try and make it as a bounty hunter or a mercenary if you like stable work.
Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  MtfcbPi
Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  OglFTSj
Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Fpq8E9N
Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  XN3o3Qx
Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  ZvUKWXC
Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  SSYh8T6
Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  S5koczg
Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  UHK2gwm

Well that's that for now, I hpe you guys enjoy these pics, as for me I go back to my new secret lair to continue doing things like figuring out if my possessions either shrank in transit or perhaps I did. Also work on more props, I've suddenly hit a prop making fever, specially paper ones like boxes for clutter and stuff, very fun. Anyway see you guys soon, have fun and stay safe!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  1f60e

2Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent work on this figure. She works beautifully, you've given her a great diorama environment, and it sounds like you will be improving it even more. Great photos.

3Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:21 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking lady, and what a fab back story too! I really enjoyed this one. I hope we get to see of her and her crew soon Very Happy .

4Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:51 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Interesting background and neat character. Love the diorama you built.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  1f10

5Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:37 am

Diana

Diana
Super cool diorama, great figures and I enjoyed the backstory, too! I really like Ath3n4's look. I love that hooded bolero jacket, but especially the hood! Very Happy

6Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:07 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome Back ! Nice to hear that you are still active in the hobby. As always, a very interesting character with a fantastic background. A good topic and you convey it authentically in your pictures. I've seen a lot of artwork on this topic and always found it worth creating characters for it. I can't wait to see the other characters and of course you'll need their opponents too.

7Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:50 am

davidd

davidd
Cool fig with a strong “Neuromancer” / “Bladerunner” aesthetic happening.

The setting is superbly detailed and evocative of your fictional world, with graffiti specific to the backstory you are laying out rather than being random.

8Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:32 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent work on this figure. She works beautifully, you've given her a great diorama environment, and it sounds like you will be improving it even more. Great photos.
Thanks Gubernator, that's my hope to continue working on the scenes, not just this one but the others as well.

BAMComix wrote:Great looking lady, and what a fab back story too! I really enjoyed this one. I hope we get to see of her and her crew soon Very Happy .
Thanks Bam! Glad you liked her, I would like to do some group shots since I got the space, I just need some bad guys.

Stryker2012 wrote:Interesting background and neat character. Love the diorama you built.
Thanks Stryker!

Diana wrote:Super cool diorama, great figures and I enjoyed the backstory, too! I really like Ath3n4's look. I love that hooded bolero jacket, but especially the hood! Very Happy
Thanks Diana! I had to undo another figure that had the jacket but I have no regrets, this one fits better than the one I originally gave her.

Ephiane wrote:Welcome Back ! Nice to hear that you are still active in the hobby. As always, a very interesting character with a fantastic background. A good topic and you convey it authentically in your pictures. I've seen a lot of artwork on this topic and always found it worth creating characters for it. I can't wait to see the other characters and of course you'll need their opponents too.
Thanks Ephiane! I'm glad to see you are still around too. I'm currently on the finishing touches of the other's weapons and then hopefully next weekend one of the others will be posted. I'm also working on some bad guys for them.

davidd wrote:Cool fig with a strong “Neuromancer” / “Bladerunner” aesthetic happening.

The setting is superbly detailed and evocative of your fictional world, with graffiti specific to the backstory you are laying out rather than being random.
Thanks Davidd! Neuromancer and Bladerunner are both two of my favorite fictional worlds, there's also the Deus Ex series of games and of course Cyberpunk 2077, I drew inspiration from them but made my own setting and place. In the future I might make a single threat for all these figures I've made where I go a bit further in depth on the location.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  1f60e

9Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:48 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Great looking character, and well thought-out story.

10Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:59 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I'm late to the party, but I also like your Cyberpunk techy very much. Great work!  Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  1f600
I also love your diorama very much. The graffiti is very cool and fits the setting very nicely. Somewhat I have been very hesitant to add graffiti to my self-built diorama walls, because they won't be useful for other settings afterwards ... but then again a suitable graffiti can add so much to the specific atmosphere.

11Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:02 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
very interesting backstory..i hope we see more of her in the future as she sure looks the business !!
love your work on the dio too !

12Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:22 pm

Ovy

Ovy
I missed this one, at least for some time! Cool seeing you revisit this setting. San Felipe seems like an intresting spot for a cyberpunkesque story.

The graffiti are very cool!

Burn Corpo (censored).

13Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  Empty Re: Alex "Ath3n4" the techy Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:36 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Visisonor wrote:Great looking character, and well thought-out story.
Thanks Visisonor!

Randam Hajile wrote:I'm late to the party, but I also like your Cyberpunk techy very much. Great work!  Alex "Ath3n4" the techy  1f600
I also love your diorama very much. The graffiti is very cool and fits the setting very nicely. Somewhat I have been very hesitant to add graffiti to my self-built diorama walls, because they won't be useful for other settings afterwards ... but then again a suitable graffiti can add so much to the specific atmosphere.
Thanks Randam! I was also a bit aprehensive of adding graffiti to it cause it really does limit the posibilites of the piece, I originally wanted to do it over the wall but decided to use the door, that way I could make another door and put it over it and hide it or something else.

Allotropos wrote:very interesting backstory..i hope we see more of her in the future as she sure looks the business !!
love your work on the dio too !
Thanks Allotropos!

Ovy wrote:I missed this one, at least for some time! Cool seeing you revisit this setting. San Felipe seems like an intresting spot for a cyberpunkesque story.

The graffiti are very cool!

Burn Corpo (censored).
Thanks Ovy, I theres a few more figures for this setting, most of them appeared in a small group photo I took some time ago so you will definetely see some more of this setting!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum