OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fumeless, Non-Toxic Plastic Primer for Barbie Furniture Glow-Ups

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

craftsrmyluvlanguage

I’m really enjoying “deBarbiefying” hot pink plastic furniture. So far, I’ve had good luck achieving a white-washed look with acrylic paint. I also have a stockpile of adhesive vinyl I can use on larger pieces. However, I’m having some adhesion issues with metallic paint for smaller hardware and fixtures.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good fumeless, non-spray paint plastic primer that works with Barbie furniture? I live in an urban environment without access to a garage or backyard, so I can’t use the most common plastic primers. And my significant other has a lot of health problems that would be aggravated by fumes.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Hey Crafts, I would suggest Vallejo’s line of primers. They can be used with a brush, and they cover/adhere very well. The drying time is a bit longer as they aren’t aerosol, but it’s not overly long. Lotsa colors too. They’re primarily meant for model kits like planes and warhammer, so it should work nicely with Barbie furniture.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second this suggestion. I don't like using spray cans and am willing to live with a modicum of brush strokes.

tghsmith

you might want to get some fine sanding paper or rubbing compound to prep the surfaces,, followed by a wash down with a good degreasing soap.. maybe an alcohol wipe down before primer..

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
tghsmith wrote:you might want to get some fine sanding paper or rubbing compound to prep the surfaces,, followed by a wash down with a good degreasing soap.. maybe an alcohol wipe down before primer..

This ^.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum