OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Valiarde

Valiarde
Han Solo rose from an impoverished childhood on the mean streets of Corellia to become one of the heroes of the Rebel Alliance. As captain of the Millennium Falcon, Han and his co-pilot Chewbacca came to believe in the cause of galactic freedom, joining Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa in the fight against the Empire.
Today Hot Toys is very excited to officially present the brand new 1/6 th scale collectible figure of Han Solo based on the monumental Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi!
The highly-accurate Han Solo collectible figure is skillfully crafted based on his appearance in the movie. It features a stunning head sculpt with great likeness and rotatable eyeballs, finely tailored outfit with a camouflage coat, a blaster, an Endor-themed environmental figure base, and newly sculpted hands with natural details!
This Han Solo 1/6th scale collectible figure will be perfect for any Star Wars™ fans’ collection!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495312-FB-IMG-1706791539944

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495313-FB-IMG-1706791532866

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495314-FB-IMG-1706791529186

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495315-FB-IMG-1706791526392

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495316-FB-IMG-1706791522827

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495317-FB-IMG-1706791518965

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495318-FB-IMG-1706791515601

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495319-FB-IMG-1706791511449

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495320-FB-IMG-1706791507522

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495321-FB-IMG-1706791503571

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495322-FB-IMG-1706791494125

HAND SOLO
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495334-HT-Han-Endor-12

ukshaun

ukshaun
Han looks very life-like.
Han looks very good.
I don't recall Han wearing a long coat, i guess he did.
Something about the hair catches my eye, and i am not sure why? is it on point? too large? too shiny? on point? hmm..

Typical, i just got my hands on a Han Solo from A New Hope, and Hot Toys drop a new Han Solo.
I will be sticking with my Han, as i do not need more than some Han Solo in the collection.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Valiarde

Valiarde
I agree that the hair looks a bit off. Maybe I'm not very used to sculpted hair anymore, but this one seems a bit too...vulo? Also can't put my finger on it.

Some eye positions are great others makes him look a bit non-Ford-like.

Overall a great option though!

davidd

davidd
I can't tell: is this Harrison Ford cosplaying as Keanu Reeves in "Bill & Ted," or is it Keanu Reeves cosplaying as Han Solo?

That hair is just... no.

Visisonor

Visisonor
He wore the coat on Endor, right after they've landed there in the shuttle
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI A90b8336adca0331324881807658b26f

I don't know whether it's hair or general likeness, but I just don't see Han Solo / Harrison Ford in this headsculpt.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Visisonor wrote:He wore the coat on Endor, right after they've landed there in the shuttle
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI A90b8336adca0331324881807658b26f

I don't know whether it's hair or general likeness, but I just don't see Han Solo / Harrison Ford in this headsculpt.

Thanks.
His hair looks lighter here than on the figure.
When it comes to the figure, Han's skin looks possibly too fresh, shower fresh, just like his hair, just stepped out the hairdressers.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm not as excited about this as I would like to be, for whatever reason. Perhaps I'm just getting burned out on feeling 'obligated' to PO every HT Star Wars figure that happens to align with my interests.

Though maybe if they put out a Boushh Leia to go along with it I would be more enthused. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Why such a scene specific look with that face? Ugh! It does look like Ford, aside from the chunky hair, but it’s a bit hit or miss for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 1f10

Diana

Diana
ukshaun wrote:Thanks.
His hair looks lighter here than on the figure.
When it comes to the figure, Han's skin looks possibly too fresh, shower fresh, just like his hair, just stepped out the hairdressers.
THIS.

He has the same hair problem as did their Obi-Wan from the Obi-Wan series. Loved that figure with the floating rocks and all except for the too-neat hair.
That totally kills the figure. I suppose the head could be replaced, but at that price it should come with a perfect head. I wonder whether this was the same sculptor... I'm used to using Hot Toys as a reference for the highest (mass-produced) quality of heads. (INART et al are a different category.)

Also... This Han is too clean. As much as I love the Bespin Luke, he is too clean, too. As was Obi-Wan. Is this Disney influencing the creative choices? In any case I don't like it. A little grit/weathering would be so much better, but I suppose that's also more work for them? Is that what it comes down to? (Arrgh)

Valiarde

Valiarde
Problem is that there aren't any great replacement heads out there (unless you go custom route, where the whole head will cost more than this HT figure)

One could remove the hair and root it with real hair and put a bit of weathering into his face.
That said, I always wanted a Han. Thinking.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm... I also don't know how I feel about it. It looks about right, but I agree that the expression is overly specific and that the hair throws it off additionally with its neatness and massiveness. This particular coat does look a little too pristine and neat. And perhaps a tad less expansive than the original, but that might be in my head. To be honest, I would have been much more excited about an ESB Han.

kirklazarus

kirklazarus
Yeah the hair is too hmm.... thick and high?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Hmmm... I also don't know how I feel about it. It looks about right, but I agree that the expression is overly specific and that the hair throws it off additionally with its neatness and massiveness. This particular coat does look a little too pristine and neat. And perhaps a tad less expansive than the original, but that might be in my head. To be honest, I would have been much more excited about an ESB Han.

Same. I have no idea why they haven't made that one yet. They put out the ESB Leia's ages ago. I really hate how haphazard Hot Toys releases can be. It's so annoying from the perspective of someone who just wants my Star Wars lineup to be complete and have it over and done with!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Some great memes on social media for that announcment.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI Screen50

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lmao!!! Glad people can see the funny side.

Honestly, Hot Toys sculpted hair in general looks so bad to my eyes these days. I guess I am just spoiled by rehairing...

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:
. I guess I am just spoiled by rehairing...

Same

Someone at Freaks posted a good comparison (without hair) the face is not bad at all! The expression is not quiet the best one but it is mostly the hair that throws it off for me. So rehairing is an option with this figure

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 495425-IMG-0484

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
This went to Wait List within 2 hours at Timewalker, before I even saw this announcement to be exact. I like everything about this except the head, and now, I guess, I won’t be getting it anyway. The different hands and the outfit are cool… really too bad about the overdone hair and odd expression. They could have at least given him a smirk to go with that forehead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, I didn't really have a problem with the face or expression so much. It's just that I'm still swamped by my existing PO's and, barring some other Holy Grail dropping, I can't justify another at this time. My current thought is to maybe pick up some loose pieces from it later on down the line and make a custom. I'm tired and burnt out on collecting/pre-ordering. :/

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ah, the forehead is furrowed because this is the look that makes women swoon. Thanks Val, the last pictures show it very well. Before I saw the last comparison pictures, it wasn't a good fit for me, but it was. He even has a crooked nose, just like the original.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane -- I wish someone had told me that sooner!
Mark -- You could try to get it from MonkeyDepot or Alterego Comics; of Big Bad Toy Store -- I know you have a grudge at them for failing to allow pick ups, but they do have $4 flat rate shipping.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's funny you mention the smirk , Ephiane... my husband always jokingly 'copies' the signature Harrison ford lopsided smirk at me. Of course it is hilarious because he looks nothing like Harrison Ford. Laughing

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:It's funny you mention the smirk , Ephiane... my husband always jokingly 'copies' the signature Harrison ford lopsided smirk at me.  Of course it is hilarious because he looks nothing like Harrison Ford. Laughing

He looks better than him I guess Smile

That one girl in school always said I would do a James Bond stare sometimes. Don't know what she meant lol as I look also nothing like a James Bond lol

Here is a real inhand pic, i like it more than the promo pics

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI Real10

Ephiane

Ephiane
Oh, I love the forum, we can admire our work together and laugh together. It took me a while to post the picture because I fainted briefly while editing it.

with your permission Val? Congratulations on the great figure. and to Your beautiful Husband.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS >> HAN SOLO << Return of the Jedi Star Wars Episode VI 00532

Valiarde

Valiarde
Oh you don't need to ask me for permission. The figure releases only next year.

This is from hot toys they always show pics of the prototype in their main centre. So still a promo pic kind of but more real than the official product shots

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks better in that photo -- and improved with the smile. Smile I ended up preordering.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum