OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hair help- Compatible Wig/Head Piece for Angelina Jolie Sculpt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

craftsrmyluvlanguage

I am making a custom Maleficent figure using an Angelina Jolie head. So far, customizing the lips and eyes have made a huge difference, but those light brown Rita Hayworth curls have got to go.

Hair help- Compatible Wig/Head Piece for Angelina Jolie Sculpt Img_2611

The listing didn’t have a head number. My guess is this is a Hot Toys knock-off. Does anyone have this head and know what other hair/wig pieces would fit it? I have a couple other heads with a more suitable hair style I could swap out.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Since it's Maleficent, isn't most if not all of her hair and head covered up? If so, I would just cut off the hair and/or do the re-hairing as GF mentioned (if you really feel she needs hair underneath).

Not to sound dismissive of the swapping wigs option, some people do it successfully, but I find it to be more trouble than its worth and prefer to just manually re-hair headsculpts myself. (I can explain my process if you are interested, but obviously that's just my own preference and might not be a method that works for everyone.)

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

craftsrmyluvlanguage

Oof, I feel silly. I should’ve mentioned I’m doing Maleficent before she lost her wings, when she looks more like a pagan fairy. So she’d have long, dark hair, and horns that aren’t part of a headpiece.

craftsrmyluvlanguage

This is the look I’m going for. Hair help- Compatible Wig/Head Piece for Angelina Jolie Sculpt Malefi10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, ok, I see! I still feel like your best bet is to do a re-hairing job (cutting locks of natural fibers and glueing to the head). If others know of suitable wig recommendations, of course you can always go with that, but just imo! Smile

Diana

Diana
Ooph! I can't help with the wig question, but what a beautiful project! I hope to see the photos one day. The face is looking great!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Didn’t HT make a Maleficent figure? I would think modifying that would be easier for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hair help- Compatible Wig/Head Piece for Angelina Jolie Sculpt 1f10

craftsrmyluvlanguage

Stryker2012 wrote:Didn’t HT make a Maleficent figure? I would think modifying that would be easier for you.

I saw that figure online. Unfortunately, they only built a version of Maleficent after she lost her wings. I want the pagan winged fairy look, where her hair and horns aren’t wrapped up in black. So I’d have to mod the hair anyway.

craftsrmyluvlanguage

The hair and horns are attached. Unfortunately, the clay I used didn’t harden as quickly this time, and the hair sat at a weird angle on the scalp. So the head looks a little flat at the top. I’ll probably tweak the hair and add a little more volume to the top. But in the meantime, I’m working on figuring out how to attach the wings.Hair help- Compatible Wig/Head Piece for Angelina Jolie Sculpt Img_2616
Hair help- Compatible Wig/Head Piece for Angelina Jolie Sculpt Img_2615

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's looking good. The wings are beautiful! I love you

Sometimes with these heads, you do have to add some sculpting material to the 'skull' (prior to adding the hair) to help give the illustion of volume underneath, particularly at the hairline in the front. (I've run into this same issue myself and currently needing to fix one of mine, lol!)

Diana

Diana
I was also thinking that the head needed some sculpting material to have a round transition from forehead to the top of the head. The eyes should be sitting in the vertical center of the head, which is a good indicator for how much volume is missing at the top. It might be possible to compensate the missing volume with additional hair, but that would add a lot of hair, which might in turn give it too much volume and take away from that sleek look. 

You picked quite a challenge there! But it's looking so good already so I'm sure you'll figure something out. Smile

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice progress! This reminds me of my old fay project...

Hair help- Compatible Wig/Head Piece for Angelina Jolie Sculpt 52043876530_4b928af408_hCJ3A4889_pp by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

If you can get hold of one of the old TBleague bodies with wing slots on their backside, the attachment of the wings would be really easy. I've used male hand pegs to adapt wings to such a body in the past, but the weight of the wings is always an issue because of torque.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very promising work, Crafts. I see what you mean about the hair on top. I, too, have sometimes underestimated the ideal cranium size and hair cover, but hopefully you can compensate or correct for this easily enough.

Absolutely gorgeous kitbash and photo, Ralf!

craftsrmyluvlanguage

Randam Hajile wrote:Very nice progress! This reminds me of my old fay project...

CJ3A4889_pp by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

If you can get hold of one of the old TBleague bodies with wing slots on their backside, the attachment of the wings would be really easy. I've used male hand pegs to adapt wings to such a body in the past, but the weight of the wings is always an issue because of torque.

Awesome lighting in that scene. That doll looks majestic! And thanks for the tip about wing slot TBLeague bodies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum