OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hollow head on seamless body, headache.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hollow head on seamless body, headache. Empty Hollow head on seamless body, headache. Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:06 am

Melancholic

Melancholic
I bought this hand-painted 1/6 headsculpt to put on a seamless body.  Problem, the head is hollow, and the ponytail is so heavy that it pulls the head down and back, so she basically is looking upwards all the time.  Since the head is hollow, there is nothing for the peg of the head to rest against in front to hold it upright, it basically is free floating inside.  Any ideas about something I can use to keep the head in place?  

Hollow head on seamless body, headache. Screen14
Hollow head on seamless body, headache. Screen15

Diana

Diana
I suspect it'll be a matter of cutting a bigger hole for a neg connector to fit in, then stuffing the head with something firm (clay?) to make sure the connector won't wiggle around too much.

But I'm sure others have more precise instructions and actual experience with this. clown

Grover

Grover
Hollow head on seamless body, headache. 20240217

Grover

Grover
You could try this. Drill the hole bigger, so that the clear tube fits. Cut the tube length so that it touches the top of the inside of the head. Then put the neck connector in the clear tube.
The clear tube will expand to fit the neck connector. You may need to drill the hole bigger.

Melancholic

Melancholic
Diana wrote:I suspect it'll be a matter of cutting a bigger hole for a neg connector to fit in, then stuffing the head with something firm (clay?) to make sure the connector won't wiggle around too much.

But I'm sure others have more precise instructions and actual experience with this. clown

Yes, I already cut a slit to fit the head peg, so it fits fine. I tried then stuffing it with aluminum foil crumpled up but it doesn't last. I was actually wondering about the home improvement foam that expands when it dries....Clay sounds pretty good though, it will dry, then I will be able to drill a hole the exact size of the peg. Thanks!

Melancholic

Melancholic
Grover wrote:You could try this. Drill the hole bigger, so that the clear tube fits. Cut the tube length so that it touches the top of the inside of the head. Then put the neck connector in the clear tube.
The clear tube will expand to fit the neck connector. You may need to drill the hole bigger.

That's quite a good solution also. Thanks for the suggestion, never would have thought of that. Maybe I will do the clay/tube combo...Sorry I didn't add that I had already cut a slit in the head to fit the connector. The photos were ones from the sellers site...

Diana

Diana
Grover wrote:You could try this. Drill the hole bigger, so that the clear tube fits. Cut the tube length so that it touches the top of the inside of the head. Then put the neck connector in the clear tube.

This is a great idea! Way more elegant than mine. Clay. Pffft. How mundane! Laughing
It has the added benefits of being removable and lightweight!

Melancholic

Melancholic

This is a great idea! Way more elegant than mine. Clay. Pffft. How mundane! Laughing
It has the added benefits of being removable and lightweight![/quote]

I don't think clay is a bad idea at all, the head could use more weight as it weighs next to nothing....

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think you have enough viable suggestions, I was just going to mention my usual go-to, thick foamies. Packed up tightly inside the head, they might give the desired grip. But that would typically necessitate a significantly enlarged opening.

Melancholic

Melancholic

What is this type of tubing called if I were to search for it?

Grover

Grover
Sorry for the late answer. It's flexible vinyl tubing. Should be able to find it in plumbing department or store.

12Hollow head on seamless body, headache. Empty Re: Hollow head on seamless body, headache. Sat May 04, 2024 10:20 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Melancholic wrote:
Diana wrote:I suspect it'll be a matter of cutting a bigger hole for a neg connector to fit in, then stuffing the head with something firm (clay?) to make sure the connector won't wiggle around too much.

Yes, I already cut a slit to fit the head peg, so it fits fine.  I tried then stuffing it with aluminum foil crumpled up but it doesn't last.  I was actually wondering about the home improvement foam that expands when it dries....Clay sounds pretty good though, it will dry, then I will be able to drill a hole the exact size of the peg.  Thanks!

Be sure any clay you use is and “air drying” clay

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum