OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague S03 S05 and S08

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Empty TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
I have been trying to build a collection of TBLeague / Phicen 1/6 figures.
I'm doing pretty good so far.

However, in this forum and other on-line forums I "hear" some reference that TBL made 2 or 3 female figures that I have never seen on eBay or any online retailer.

They are S03, S05 and S08.

Were those three only proposed and not made or possibly only a very small run was produced?

Thanks in advance for any info.

2TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Empty Re: TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:21 am

Diana

Diana
NavySubGuy wrote:I have been trying to build a collection of TBLeague / Phicen 1/6 figures.

However, in this forum and other on-line forums I "hear" some reference that TBL made 2 or 3 female figures that I have never seen on eBay or any online retailer.

Were those three only proposed and not made or possibly only a very small run was produced?

TBLeague (Phicen) website has pictures of the S05 and S08:
http://phicen.com/ProductList.asp?SortID=1&Page=14

I couldn't find anything on the S03 if it ever existed, but chances are it would have been a suntan version of S01 (pale) and S02 (tan).

You'll have a hard time finding those. It is probably due to them dropping the tan color, which is sorely missed and I really hope they'll bring it back some day.

They were sold with head. After the release of the S09 they switched to offering bodies without heads and continued with the "S"-markup, which stands for steel, as that was the big revolution at the time. Boxed sets continued the numbering without the "S" in front.

3TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Empty Re: TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am

madnug

madnug
Those are boxed set came with the headsculpt, bikini extra hands and stand.
some of them skin tones are the earlier shades of pale and tan which is different than the current on the market.

i guess tbleague just keep things consistent since current still available boxset like s06,s09,s07 can share the head sculpt with latest releases bodies.

4TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Empty Re: TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:10 pm

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
Diana wrote:
NavySubGuy wrote:I have been trying to build a collection of TBLeague / Phicen 1/6 figures.

I couldn't find anything on the S03 if it ever existed, but chances are it would have been a suntan version of S01 (pale) and S02 (tan).

You'll have a hard time finding those. It is probably due to them dropping the tan color, which is sorely missed and I really hope they'll bring it back some day.

They were sold with head. After the release of the S09 they switched to offering bodies without heads and continued with the "S"-markup, which stands for steel, as that was the big revolution at the time. Boxed sets continued the numbering without the "S" in front.

Hey Diana, Thanks for the link. I like the figures and not sure why they stop producing/selling them. But maybe in the deep and far reaches of eBay, one will appear at some time. Maybe it will become my quest to hunt one down? tongue

5TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Empty Re: TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:19 pm

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
madnug wrote:Those are boxed set came with the headsculpt, bikini extra hands and stand.
some of them skin tones are the earlier shades of pale and tan which is different than the current on the market.

i guess tbleague just keep things consistent since current still available boxset like s06,s09,s07 can share the head sculpt with latest releases bodies.

Afternoon Madnug ...

I have been buying "BOXED SETS to start, as I was still too unexperienced to appreciate and understand the different details such as .... skin tone, head connectors, replaceable hands/feet, head vs. body sizes and more.

Lately I have gained a bit of courage and have ordered the "A" or "B" options and then try to find a head sculpt that I like; rather than the boxed head. As in a previous post the OBITSU are fantastic but somewhat out of my $$$$ range at the moment. Still figuring out what manufactures make (larger) heads and who makes (smaller) heads. The link on here have been a huge help.

6TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Empty Re: TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
NavySubGuy wrote:
Diana wrote:

Hey Diana, Thanks for the link. I like the figures and not sure why they stop producing/selling them. But maybe in the deep and far reaches of eBay, one will appear at some time. Maybe it will become my quest to hunt one down? tongue
I'm not sure S03 was ever produced. S05 and S08, apparently, yes, although I don't have them. S03 ought to be a color variation of S01 and S02 (this last one used to be tan, now (new) suntan). S05 is a color variation (tan, which has been discontinued) of S04 and S06. S08 likewise is a color variation (tan, which has been discontinued) of S07 and S09. I imagine that the discontinuing of the tan color option (and in the case of S02 its replacement by the lighter suntan color) is responsible for the confusion and "disappearance" of some of these models. See here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

7TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Empty Re: TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:19 pm

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
I'm not sure S03 was ever produced. S05 and S08, apparently, yes, although I don't have them. S03 ought to be a color variation of S01 and S02 (this last one used to be tan, now (new) suntan). S05 is a color variation (tan, which has been discontinued) of S04 and S06. S08 likewise is a color variation (tan, which has been discontinued) of S07 and S09. I imagine that the discontinuing of the tan color option (and in the case of S02 its replacement by the lighter suntan color) is responsible for the confusion and "disappearance" of some of these models.

See here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

<><><><><><><><>

Now that I am getting a better understanding of the various manufacturers coding and designation systems I agree with your analysis.

(In my opinion) I find it difficult to see how Jiaou Dolls markets 6 or so skin colors; to many choices with little real Head Sculpts options to support all those variations.

On the other hand, having only 2 skin variations from TBL seems like a missed opportunity. (Not forgetting the dark skin figures, but there is no real support for them either.)

Pale / Suntan / Tan from TBL would be good!

Once again, Diana, many thanks for your "WORDS-OF-WISDOM! Very Happy

8TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Empty Re: TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, TBLeague should have continued having pale, suntan, and tan -- although perhaps it felt there was not enough difference between the latter two. There is probably also at play a (traditionally) Asian standard of pale beauty, that interferes in the choices made available. It took years before they made the (lighter and darker) brown bodies. And there are still a couple of useful colors they could make in-between. They have made darker male bodies for special sets, but have not yet released them for base bodies (other than the basketball player body M36B). As for Jiaou, be careful: most promotional materials over-saturate the colors and the real ones are generally paler than what you see advertised. I've covered a lot of them in different posts in this thread.

9TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Empty Re: TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:28 am

madnug

madnug
NavySubGuy wrote:
madnug wrote:Those are boxed set came with the headsculpt, bikini extra hands and stand.

Afternoon Madnug ...

I have been buying "BOXED SETS to start, as I was still too unexperienced to appreciate and understand the different details such as .... skin tone, head connectors, replaceable hands/feet, head vs. body sizes and more.

Lately I have gained a bit of courage and have ordered the "A" or "B" options and then try to find a head sculpt that I like; rather than the boxed head. As in a previous post the OBITSU are fantastic but somewhat out of my $$$$ range at the moment. Still figuring out what manufactures make (larger) heads and who makes (smaller) heads. The link on here have been a huge help.

To be safe on head and body color match, its best for starters to get boxset as you get complete head, body, extra hands/feet and stand.

if you dont have a particular character to build or kit bash, you might just get a pair of tbleague body one suntan, one is pale.. their tone is pretty much the same only some differences in some batch being abit darker suntan or a bit yellow paler..

this way you dont have to hunt for body first, instead buy a head and test match the color/size first with the suntan/pale body you have..

then choose which body will suit your preference to buy later

10TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Empty Re: TBLeague S03 S05 and S08 Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:36 am

madnug

madnug
NavySubGuy wrote:
I'm not sure S03 was ever produced. S05 and S08, apparently, yes, although I don't have them. S03 ought to be a color variation of S01 and S02 (this last one used to be tan, now (new) suntan). S05 is a color variation (tan, which has been discontinued) of S04 and S06. S08 likewise is a color variation (tan, which has been discontinued) of S07 and S09. I imagine that the discontinuing of the tan color option (and in the case of S02 its replacement by the lighter suntan color) is responsible for the confusion and "disappearance" of some of these models.

See here:

<><><><><><><><>

Now that I am getting a better understanding of the various manufacturers coding and designation systems I agree with your analysis.

(In my opinion) I find it difficult to see how Jiaou Dolls markets 6 or so skin colors; to many choices with little real Head Sculpts options to support all those variations.

On the other hand, having only 2 skin variations from TBL seems like a missed opportunity. (Not forgetting the dark skin figures, but there is no real support for them either.)

Pale / Suntan / Tan from TBL would be good!

Once again, Diana, many thanks for your "WORDS-OF-WISDOM! Very Happy

Figures that comes as a complete characters like from hottoys will have richer paints on the headsculpt to make it more realistic and pop.. they usually will have reddishh to yellow tone heads.

This is where jiaou doll wld be an option to match/blend the head color with body.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum