OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shoe fit tips / avoidance of potential damage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

helianthus

Hi, so I finally got some shoes for my 1/6 figure, (after having started getting the pieces for him last may, he still needs a coat and glasses, but that is for later, haha, i can't find ones i like)

However, the shoes are too small so I will need to get different ones, his body is a slender Jiaou body, so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for shoes that might fit him and are not solid plastic.

In addition, I got him boots that go up past the ankle, and whether or not they are a correct fit, I was worried that boots of that sort might damage where the soft part of his body ends at the ankle, does anyone know if that's something that can happen? If so, what are ways of putting them on that won't damage it. The 'skin' near his ankles already seems a little more malleable than perhaps it is intended to be, likely due to the climate in which I am living, so I thought it best to exercise caution and ask before getting a second pair of shoes.

helianthus

Hi, does anyone have any advice on this

Visisonor

Visisonor
For the boots which go up past ankle you can try wrapping the lower leg in clear plastic to prevent silicone from touching the boot.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You do not specify whether you are looking for footwear that would fit over the foot or that would just attach to the foot peg at the bottom of the leg. As for damage, if it is not too tight, it should be fine, although Visisonor is right that some plastic wrap (or even paper towel) can help. There are all sorts of different kinds of boots out there, and most should work (unless you're using female ones?).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum