OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Color and Scale matching

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Color and Scale matching Empty Color and Scale matching Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:21 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Color and Scale matching Img_2111
Color and Scale matching Img_2113
Color and Scale matching Img_2110I’m looking at getter a couple of Asian Female heads , the one with Purple hair I have and when I put it on a TB League “Sun Tan” Med Bust  S17B body … the body seems really dark and maybe a bit off scale.

So I’m looking for experienced advice on what skin tone (maybe even body type)  will match the two heads I’m planning on.  Need to be a pretty good match color and scale wise as I’ll be taking photos and some costumes show a good amount of skin.

Thanks in advanced for any help

2Color and Scale matching Empty Re: Color and Scale matching Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:43 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Some other sample images I’m drawing inspiration from.
Color and Scale matching Img_2115
Color and Scale matching Img_2116
Color and Scale matching Img_2117

3Color and Scale matching Empty Re: Color and Scale matching Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:17 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
In principle, many Asian female heads tend to be pale rather than "suntan" (which is actually a range and fairly pale, too). Generally, Super Duck's products are meant to work with TBLeague / Phicen bodies, but they could differ as to which skin tone. Usually, Super Duck would indicate what works, at least color-wise. But the product description for the purple-haired head does specify "suntan," so it ought to have worked. Perhaps the description was mistaken.

4Color and Scale matching Empty Re: Color and Scale matching Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:45 am

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Yes, the “suntan” seems way to dark , I guess I'll need to got to the Super Duck website directly to see if there’s better information on head to body matching.
Or at least start there. Thanks for the info

5Color and Scale matching Empty Re: Color and Scale matching Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:24 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gwebberarts wrote:Yes, the “suntan” seems way to dark , I guess I'll need to got to the Super Duck website directly to see if there’s better information on head to body matching.
Or at least start there.   Thanks for the info
I wish I could have been more helpful. Sounds like the head you used was actually pale (or certainly paler than the suntan body). S17B is indeed a suntan body, as indicated by the number and lettering. Perhaps if someone happens to have this particular head and happens to see your post, they could shed more light on the matter.
In general, see here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

6Color and Scale matching Empty Re: Color and Scale matching Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:01 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
As you can see in these photos, I don’t know that I’d call in a good match or not. And the new heads I want to get I’d like to get a better match than this if possible.

Color and Scale matching Img_5518
Color and Scale matching Img_5519
Color and Scale matching Img_5517

7Color and Scale matching Empty Re: Color and Scale matching Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:07 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
Color and Scale matching Img_2115
Color and Scale matching Img_2114
GubernatorFan wrote:
Gwebberarts wrote:Yes, the “suntan” seems way to dark , I guess I'll need to got to the Super Duck website directly to see if there’s better information on head to body matching.
Or at least start there.   Thanks for the info
I wish I could have been more helpful. Sounds like the head you used was actually pale (or certainly paler than the suntan body). S17B is indeed a suntan body, as indicated by the number and lettering. Perhaps if someone happens to have this particular head and happens to see your post, they could shed more light on the matter.
In general, see here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually
These are the new heads I’d like to get and I’d like to pick the best possible body color match as bodies are not cheap to just be guessing.

8Color and Scale matching Empty Re: Color and Scale matching Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's hard to tell. Maybe if someone already has them, they can let you know. In your own photos, I think the black-haired head is probably a reasonably good match. The purple-haired one is a lot warmer than the body. If the body is S27B (or another TBLeague suntan body for that matter), I would suggest looking at Jiaou's KT (or "old KT," now, I forget whether they didn't lighten up the skin tone more recently?) bodies or the ANT "copper suntan" bodies. I reviewed the latter recently here.

9Color and Scale matching Empty Re: Color and Scale matching Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:14 am

madnug

madnug
I concur with Gubfan that the black hair HS is actually almost good match to the body skin tone.

for better matching superduck, kimitoys and gactoys will have some that will blend almost closely.

TBL Headsculpt either from boxset or reproduced will have the most matching colors to TBL bodies.

10Color and Scale matching Empty Re: Color and Scale matching Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:26 pm

Gwebberarts

Gwebberarts
So in the end, I’ve opted to get one “Pale” body and the two heads (shown in photo) and I’ll mix and match with “Suntan” bodies I already have to see what works best with my overall plans. Worst case senerio I use full body jumpsuits, which would foulma few plans, but thats life.

I made this rough (not color corrected) mockup image to see how they look as a group , this really helped in picking these heads over others as I could swap heads virtually and see what looked good together as a group as well as rough out the costumes to see if that works as well.

Color and Scale matching Img_2210
Color and Scale matching Img_2211
Color and Scale matching Img_2212

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum