OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you straighten the hair of long-haired female head

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
Hi all. When I receive a head sculpt it is always "squished" into a small box.

Female heads, that have long hair, always have the hair clumped and snarled when I remove the head from the tiny box. Male head with much shorter hair seldom have much of an issue. Even heads with hair down to the shoulders mostly comes out looking like they have been through a hurricane. Sad

I am afraid to comb or brush it out for fear of pulling out the strands. Even when I try to gently use a comb it seldom achieves much of any result.

So, are there any tricks or techniques that you folks use to get the hair t look like it appears in the photos?

Thanks, in advance.

Visisonor

Visisonor
In one word: water.
In more words (I guess I'm repeating this pattern, heh): if it's really tangled, there is no trick other than untangling it manually, strand by strand.
But if the hair is just curled up too much out of package and you want straighten it, then pour some (not too hot) water on it, straighten manually, let it dry.
Would be best if water touches only the hair, not the sculpt.

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
Visisonor wrote:In one word: water.
In more words (I guess I'm repeating this pattern, heh): if it's really tangled, there is no trick other than untangling it manually, strand by strand.
But if the hair is just curled up too mach out of package and you want straighten it, then pour some (not too hot) water on it, straighten manually, let it dry.
Would be best if water touches only the hair, not the sculpt.

Thank you, Visisonor ... I will give it a try.
It is not to tangled, mostly all "bunched up" from being in the box.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

Zes

Zes
Yep, water is the way to go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum