OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stores for EU?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stores for EU? Empty Stores for EU? Wed May 08, 2024 11:54 am

statistx

Anyone know of any online stores with a good amount of choices within the EU?
The reason why I want to stay within the EU is a) shipping cost and b) even worse: custom fees.

I can order on aliexpress (risky) and Amazon (overpriced probably, plus lack of choice), but other than that, i don't really find much.
The risky part with aliexpress is the whole knockoff and wrong advertised pics, but also the possibility of custom fees.

2Stores for EU? Empty Re: Stores for EU? Wed May 08, 2024 11:55 am

statistx

Reply from Diana in my wrongly posted thread:

Diana wrote:
I am in Germany and I order primarily from Giantoy and KGHobby, because even when taking shipping and customs into account, they are still the cheapest.

3Stores for EU? Empty Re: Stores for EU? Wed May 08, 2024 11:58 am

statistx

@Diana:
I think both of those are not in the EU. I am in Austria, not sure if that is different, but we get (censored) hard by Customs.
For example: I ordered clothes in Japan for 120 euro and paid 90 euro of customs

4Stores for EU? Empty Re: Stores for EU? Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

Urushi

Urushi
dragon-model.de
machinegun.fr
lacitedesnuages.be
actionfiguren-shop.com

these are the ones I know.
Custom and shipping fees were a concern for me too (I am in France), and I found out that onesixthkit.com in Hong Kong is free shipping worldwide, also there's no custom tax.
Didn't get no tax from Giantoy.com also in HK, and the shipping fees are reasonable. That makes those two my favorite choices now to be honest.

5Stores for EU? Empty Re: Stores for EU? Wed May 08, 2024 12:14 pm

statistx

Urushi wrote:dragon-model.de
machinegun.fr
lacitedesnuages.be
actionfiguren-shop.com

Custom and shipping fees were a concern for me too (I am in France), and I found out that onesixthkit.com in Hong Kong is free shipping worldwide, also there's no custom tax.
Didn't get no tax from Giantoy.com also in HK, and the shipping fees are reasonable. That makes those two my favorite choices now to be honest.

Thanks, will check those out.

In terms of no taxes: If they don't send it to a distributor within the EU (which Aliexpress now does SOMETIMES), then there is always a tax possibility.
For example I ordered Gfuel in America 5 times, no tax. Then from the 6th onwards, i always got tax.

Only 100% sure way to not have taxes is to stay within the EU sadly.

6Stores for EU? Empty Re: Stores for EU? Sun May 19, 2024 4:27 pm

statistx

Urushi wrote:dragon-model.de
machinegun.fr
lacitedesnuages.be
actionfiguren-shop.com

Dragonmodel seems to be dead. have not been able to reach it several times.
I ordered from machinegun and actionfigure-shop by now and both were decent time, (aside from some fedex (censored) which sadly both used) one of them being cheaper than the other (can't remember which one right now) and lacitedsnuages i believe was the most expensive and didn't have much stock anyway.

7Stores for EU? Empty Re: Stores for EU? Mon May 20, 2024 3:06 am

French

French
For France, you should know that if you buy outside the European Union we have 20% TVA, then around 25% tax for the product and administrative fees.
If you order you can end up with 50% additional costs which includes shipping costs.
For example, I buy an item for €100 and I have €50 shipping. I have to pay 50% on the 150€ and not on the 100, so 75€.
Ali express is special because its items already have TVA in the price, so if we buy for less than 150€ we do not have taxes (certainly there is a commercial agreement, because if it is another Chinese company This is not the case.)
I have already ordered accessories on Ali express. The sellers are evaluated and you just have to see their rating, in fact we are also rated.
Once, I never received an item, it remained in China. they refunded me.
I have never had a problem at the moment, but buying a figurine is impossible because because of the shipping and the price, I would have taxes and it is more expensive than even a super expensive seller in France.

8Stores for EU? Empty Re: Stores for EU? Mon May 20, 2024 6:18 am

statistx

French wrote:For France, you should know that if you buy outside the European Union we have 20% TVA, then around 25% tax for the product and administrative fees.
If you order you can end up with 50% additional costs which includes shipping costs.
For example, I buy an item for €100 and I have €50 shipping. I have to pay 50% on the 150€ and not on the 100, so 75€.
Ali express is special because its items already have TVA in the price, so if we buy for less than 150€ we do not have taxes (certainly there is a commercial agreement, because if it is another Chinese company This is not the case.)
I have already ordered accessories on Ali express. The sellers are evaluated and you just have to see their rating, in fact we are also rated.
Once, I never received an item, it remained in China. they refunded me.
I have never had a problem at the moment, but buying a figurine is impossible because because of the shipping and the price, I would have taxes and it is more expensive than even a super expensive seller in France.

In Austria i also have to deal with VAT if it's not included outside the EU, so the only surefire way to not pay anything extra is to buy within the EU.
Aliexpress recently works with EU distributors who seemingly pay customs or work around them. Like instead of china, the package is listed as coming from Hungary, since they collected my order and repackage it and send it to me.
I already ordered stuff on aliexpress and in MOST cases i don't get custom fees anymore, but occasionally they could happen.
Have a body on the way, so we'll see if it's a) genuine and b) has extra cost

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum