OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portraits of my collection - June 2024

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:11 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
Hello all!

I've enjoyed much of your work so I wanted to return the favor! Here are some portraits of my collection that I've taken this past month.

Cheers!

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji8710
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji8411
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji9010

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji6812
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji6912
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji7810

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji7311
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji7310
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji7010

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji7410
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji7510

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji8011
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji8010
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji8110

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji8811
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji8810
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji9110

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji9111
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji9210
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji9310

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji6813
Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji7011

Visisonor

Visisonor
That's beautiful.
Great-looking figures and nice backgrounds.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That is quite the collection. Beautifully photographed. Very nice stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Ed116210

4Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:49 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
Visisonor wrote:That's beautiful.
Great-looking figures and nice backgrounds.

Stryker2012 wrote:That is quite the collection. Beautifully photographed. Very nice stuff.

You're both very kind. Thanks very much!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fabulous shots of an amazing collection! Thanks for sharing.

French

French
Nice photos and staging. I knew certain clothes, it allows me to see what it looks like in real life.

Spoiler:

Zes

Zes
Great photos and even better backdrops! I like the mix of seamless and worldbox bodies!

Also, I see you're a fan of those ZYTOYS metal display bases. You're the only other person I've seen here who uses them. In my opinion, they're the best bases on the market.

8Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:23 am

rootleaf

rootleaf
French wrote:Nice photos and staging. I knew certain clothes, it allows me to see what it looks like in real life.

But why is this woman crying? It's sad I think, especially since she's almost naked. Maybe it refers to a character I don't know.[/spoiler]

Thank you very much! I really enjoy the custom outfits. There's a person who sells them on AliExpress and eBay and every so often there's one that they make that grabs my attention. In certain cases they include the weapons and accessories as well - a huge bonus.

Oh, that's Dr BB from Blitzway. I believe she is crying because of the apocalyptic world she came from. She is one of my favorite head sculpts. I had her on stage performing a magic trick and her bra disappeared  Very Happy .

9Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:25 am

rootleaf

rootleaf
BAMComix wrote:Fabulous shots of an amazing collection! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks very much, Dal!

10Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:35 am

rootleaf

rootleaf
Zes wrote:Great photos and even better backdrops! I like the mix of seamless and worldbox bodies!

Also, I see you're a fan of those ZYTOYS metal display bases. You're the only other person I've seen here who uses them. In my opinion, they're the best bases on the market.

Thank you very much! The seamless figures and jointed figures can co-exist, right?

Up until now, I never knew the brand name of these stands. I got them from an eBay seller who sold 10 of them for $27.99. That's a decent price, yeah? I totally agree with you, they are pretty damn good. Other than the fact that they are super sturdy, I like that the footprint is rather small so you can fit quite a few more figures in the display case and into one portrait.

11Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:38 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Nice collection! I especially like your Miss Bat Wings.

12Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:58 am

Zes

Zes
rootleaf wrote:
Zes wrote:Great photos and even better backdrops! I like the mix of seamless and worldbox bodies!

Thank you very much! The seamless figures and jointed figures can co-exist, right?  

Up until now, I never knew the brand name of these stands. I got them from an eBay seller who sold 10 of them for $27.99. That's a decent price, yeah? I totally agree with you, they are pretty damn good. Other than the fact that they are super sturdy, I like that the footprint is rather small so you can fit quite a few more figures in the display case and into one portrait.

Yep, I have a healthy mix of both Worldbox and TBLeague.

And, yeah, $2.79 per base is pretty good considering they already imported them into the US for you (assuming it's a US Seller)

I agree with everything said! I think I have 30 of them so far. They're just too good.

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 9e45f2f9c05df3426600ffb79a53b51ac84f9bd8

13Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:09 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
ElBundy wrote:Nice collection! I especially like your Miss Bat Wings.

Thank you! I have been calling her "Untitled". She will now be known as Miss Bat Wings! Very Happy

14Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:14 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
Zes wrote:
rootleaf wrote:

Yep, I have a healthy mix of both Worldbox and TBLeague.

And, yeah, $2.79 per base is pretty good considering they already imported them into the US for you (assuming it's a US Seller)

I agree with everything said! I think I have 30 of them so far. They're just too good.

Here I thought they were expensive! Glad to hear. I think the seller (1*6figure) is based out of Hong Kong. It takes about 2 weeks to arrive but like you, I have about 30 of them so far. Come to think of it, I am running low and have to order more.

15Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:26 pm

Zes

Zes
rootleaf wrote:Here I thought they were expensive! Glad to hear. I think the seller (1*6figure) is based out of Hong Kong. It takes about 2 weeks to arrive but like you, I have about 30 of them so far. Come to think of it, I am running low and have to order more.

Technically, they are, I guess. It depends where you buy them. On Taobao, they're 10 yuan, which is a little over 1 USD. That's where I get mine.

16Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:31 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
Zes wrote:
rootleaf wrote:Here I thought they were expensive! Glad to hear. I think the seller (1*6figure) is based out of Hong Kong. It takes about 2 weeks to arrive but like you, I have about 30 of them so far. Come to think of it, I am running low and have to order more.

Technically, they are, I guess. It depends where you buy them. On Taobao, they're 10 yuan, which is a little over 1 USD. That's where I get mine.

Really? How has your experience been on TaoBao? Is it similar to AliExpress? I set up an account and used google translate to assist but there were some areas where Google Translate could not help.

17Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:19 pm

Urushi

Urushi
oh wow ! Some serious photography skills here ! I especially like the way you placed your light sources, very different each time. Do you use LEDs ?

18Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:21 pm

French

French
rootleaf wrote:
French wrote:Nice photos and staging. I knew certain clothes, it allows me to see what it looks like in real life.

But why is this woman crying? It's sad I think, especially since she's almost naked. Maybe it refers to a character I don't know.[/spoiler]

Thank you very much! I really enjoy the custom outfits. There's a person who sells them on AliExpress and eBay and every so often there's one that they make that grabs my attention. In certain cases they include the weapons and accessories as well - a huge bonus.

Oh, that's Dr BB from Blitzway. I believe she is crying because of the apocalyptic world she came from. She is one of my favorite head sculpts. I had her on stage performing a magic trick and her bra disappeared  Very Happy .

This magic trick also works in reality? I would like to know him ^^

19Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:00 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
Urushi wrote:oh wow ! Some serious photography skills here ! I especially like the way you placed your light sources, very different each time. Do you use LEDs ?

Thank you! Yes, I use several W140 RGB Led Video Lights. One serves as the key light (main light) and the others are used as fill lights, hair/rim lights. As you noticed, they are placed according to where the background image suggests the light source is coming from. The intensity of the key light is also adjusted accordingly. Here is a BTS (behind the scenes) image:

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Fuji8210

I like the W140 RGB LEDs because they are cheap and have two mounting holes so you can orient them in portrait or landscape.

20Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:02 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
French wrote:
rootleaf wrote:

This magic trick also works in reality? I would like to know him ^^
Ha! Wouldn't we all? Very Happy

21Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:19 am

Urushi

Urushi
rootleaf wrote:Thank you! Yes, I use several W140 RGB Led Video Lights. One serves as the key light (main light) and the others are used as fill lights, hair/rim lights. As you noticed, they are placed according to where the background image suggests the light source is coming from. The intensity of the key light is also adjusted accordingly.

I like the W140 RGB LEDs because they are cheap and have two mounting holes so you can orient them in portrait or landscape.

Now thanks to you for the BTS, and also for taking the time to share your process, that's very inspiring. I thought you had like 3 light sources (front, side and back) but you have so many of them. The result is gorgeous. A good thing you only shoot miniatures and not real humans, or you would have to use so many lightboxes ! Very Happy

22Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:52 pm

rootleaf

rootleaf
Urushi wrote:
rootleaf wrote:Thank you! Yes, I use several W140 RGB Led Video Lights. One serves as the key light (main light) and the others are used as fill lights, hair/rim lights. As you noticed, they are placed according to where the background image suggests the light source is coming from. The intensity of the key light is also adjusted accordingly.

Now thanks to you for the BTS, and also for taking the time to share your process, that's very inspiring. I thought you had like 3 light sources (front, side and back) but you have so many of them. The result is gorgeous. A good thing you only shoot miniatures and not real humans, or you would have to use so many lightboxes ! Very Happy

You obviously know photography and funny you should mention that! In actuality, I also shoot real humans in my studio. I have 640 Ws (watt seconds) monolights shooting through a 60" Photek Softlighter II and several 30" beauty dishes and too many other light modifiers to mention. At one point, I was shooting 1/6 figures using studio flash but it was way too much power for subjects that are so small. Early on, I also used Speedlights and that helped but continuous LED lighting allows you to see the result before you take the shot so it is advantageous to say the least.

23Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:13 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice behind the scenes information and photo. Thanks for sharing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Ed116210

24Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:44 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Nice collection!

25Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Empty Re: Portraits of my collection - June 2024 Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:01 am

rootleaf

rootleaf
Stryker2012 wrote:Nice behind the scenes information and photo. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mark!

csyeung wrote:Nice collection!

Thanks csyeung!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum