OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spandex Stories (marvel heroes)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:25 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Dadrab you're back! Glad to see you on, and don't be a stranger!

Rollo, nice catch; I suppose the left wrist wasn't as obvious in the photo so didn't need to be photoshopped as much... Smile But either way, blackpool is a master at these.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

102Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:00 am

blackpool

GubernatorFan wrote:Great figures and gorgeous photoshots and special effects, as usual!

Thanks a lot my friend! I was lazy on the photoshop part on these, the colored light and everything was working fine on the original shots, I just added the Manhattan map over the pics and erased some annoying parts Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:OOOh, wow, beautifully done! But where is my dear Frank? Razz

ETA: they are all gorgeous, but Jessica Jones looks so good. I rarely see such a nice depiction of her in 1/6!

Many thanks for the kind words, glad you noticed the effort on Jessica, it took me nearly an hour to get her hair waving nicely and looking close to Krysten Ritter.
I passed on Frank, I have his head in my stock but wanted to focus on the Defenders, he will show up again soon, surely with black widow or somebody sharing his mandalorian religion lol

Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent shots. Always a pleasure to see your photos.

Thanks a lot Mark!

Ovy wrote:Great job again, I like what they did with those 'personal color palettes' for the characters and how you captured that and the intro vibe with the NY maps
Although I watched it, I don't know...they blew up a house full of ninjas or something? Anyway, what I liked about it was the self irony acknowledging that Iron Fist wasn't the strongest of the shows.

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what inspired me, the opening credits on the defenders was one of the best parts of the show lol

rollotomasi wrote:Very creative lighting and graphics! I'm done with the others, have yet to watch Iron Fist.
Did you photoshop Iron Fist's right wrist joint away?

Thanks! as said by Gubernator (even if I ain't master at it lol) yup I edited a couple joints on those shots that were annoying me, the wrist of iron fist in the foreground was very very noticeable, and Luke Cage's head seam was obvious as well, not helping for portraits (the overall quality of luke cage is quite low btw)

dadrab wrote:Attaboy. Absolutely gorgeous.

Love the Matt Murdock especially.

Thank you Dadrab! Nice to see you around!

Here is a new shot I finally took with the unofficial Stan Lee (and some unofficial folks all around him lol)

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 DSC_0029

Have a great week everyone!

103Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:44 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice tribute photo for Stan the Man. I like the mix of Official and Unofficial figures.

104Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:03 am

actionfiguremovies2

Too Cool.

105Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:40 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awww that's so lovely, blackpool! Smile

And lol, no worries about Frankie boy, I'm just being a Jon Bernthal fangirl... feel free to ignore me. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

106Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice group shot. Pretty soon they won't need to pay any actors, just you for use of your figures in special-effect movies. Smile

107Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:34 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
So many fantastic new Characters, love them. It´s not only Your fine clear Style of Photography, the posing of each figure is absolute natural. The black Cat is really hot cyclops

108Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:12 am

blackpool

blackpool
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Too Cool.

From the marvel universe master it's an honor! Thanks bro!

skywalkersaga wrote:Awww that's so lovely, blackpool! Smile

And lol, no worries about Frankie boy, I'm just being a Jon Bernthal fangirl... feel free to ignore me. ;p

haha I'm a fan of Bernthal as well, his acting is a bit recurring but I just love it, I found him perfect in mr Wolff and Fury, even when he has small roles he nails them like in Sicario, Windriver... Anyway, he'll be back as soon as I receive my elektra!

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice group shot. Pretty soon they won't need to pay any actors, just you for use of your figures in special-effect movies. Smile

I wish so, it would save me some free time for the hobby lmao!

Ephiane wrote:So many fantastic new Characters, love them. It´s not only Your fine clear Style of Photography, the posing of each figure is absolute natural. The black Cat is really hot cyclops

Thanks a lot Eph! Indeed the black cat is in my new favorites, but simply because of the phicen body she's built on, it's really night and day in terms of posing, balance, realism...

Quick update, power to the ladies lately, since they revealed the Black Widow trailer, I wanted to take her out of her box (even if the trailer wasn't very exciting to my eyes)

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 DSC_0109

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 DSC_0109n

Have a wonderful Christmas everyon, and may Santa bring you loads of cool figures!

109Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those are some really cool shots of BW. I hope the movie is better than the trailers are making it look.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 C8485110

110Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:24 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous. And thank you. And same to you! Smile

111Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:41 pm

blackpool

blackpool
lil "heroic" update, still having fun from time to time with my mcu guys... and girls!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Defend11
Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Defend10

112Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:42 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Marvel10
Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Marvel11

113Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:18 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent work putting them together and presenting them, as always.

114Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:02 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Nice! Completely forgot what they were doing in Defenders ,(something Chinese ancient evil underground Ninjas, explosion)
, but I remember I liked that elevator/team up scene. That sock was hilarious. I think you caught the spirit of that team, badass with a lot of goofiness and self irony.

115Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:23 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Keep em coming buddy. So much fun to see. Great work!

116Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:01 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome pics! 👏

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

117Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:10 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So cool. The Witch pics look awesome with the effects.

118Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:48 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Your Photographie and the effects are amazing ! It´s not ony to make the red Flame, You made the reflection on her clothes to. That´s Masterwork

119Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:55 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Such an epic collection, and the photos are flawless as always. True eye candy. You are a master at photographing as well as editing, game changing skills in this hobby...I love all the effects you bring to life. I'm guessing you use Photoshop? How long have you been studying to do this kind of editing, and is there a special training program for newbs like myself?

120Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:19 am

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent work putting them together and presenting them, as always.

Thanks a lot Bro, and thanks for the kind messages during the quarantine!

Ovy wrote:Nice! Completely forgot what they were doing in Defenders ,(something Chinese ancient evil underground Ninjas, explosion)
, but I remember I liked that elevator/team up scene. That sock was hilarious. I think you caught the spirit of that team, badass with a lot of goofiness and self irony.

Hahaha exact same feeling, I had to rewatch some episodes to refresh my mind about the plot, I gotta agree the Defenders was a bit sketchy and and not very interesting, it didn't reach the depth of the standalone shows like Daredevil and Jessica Jones.
That elevator moment was my best memory of that show, with the chinese restaurant sequence (both are in the same episode if I remember well), that self irony/goofyness of the team was my favorite aspect of the show, not enough explored imho.

actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Keep em coming buddy. So much fun to see. Great work!

Thanks a lot bro, coming from the marvel master it's much appreciated!

skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome pics! 👏

Thank you dear!

Stryker2011 wrote:So cool. The Witch pics look awesome with the effects.

Thanks Mark! Recently found a library of marvel heroes effects based on their appearances in the movies, gotta play more with those, the dr strange ones are especially amazing... Soon may be!

Ephiane wrote:Your Photographie and the effects are amazing ! It´s not ony to make the red Flame, You made the reflection on her clothes to. That´s Masterwork

Thanks a lot for the kind words! (tho I do believe your work is much more mastery lol)

In fact the only effects added are the flames and the red eyes in the second shot, the background is printed, and the red reflections come from the lighting, cold white from the back left of the figure , bright red from the front right... It works much better on the first shot, the second one gives away the trick as red light should come from both sides

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Such an epic collection, and the photos are flawless as always. True eye candy. You are a master at photographing as well as editing, game changing skills in this hobby...I love all the effects you bring to life. I'm guessing you use Photoshop? How long have you been studying to do this kind of editing, and is there a special training program for newbs like myself?

Thanks a lot, that's the result of more than a decade of collecting (scary when looking back at all that money and time spent lmao)

I use Photoshop yeah, been using it for about 20 years now, first to color comics that I was drawing in my youth, as my parents didn't want me to go for art school I studied architecture instead, and while we had no dedicated course about it, digital rendering was key and I learnt all I know very slowly through the years (still learning, photoshop has changed so much in the last ten years, I'm not sure I could start over today seeing the complexity and infinite possibilities offered by the current version)

There are a lot of video tutorials about photoshop edition, I highly recommend going to their home site, while youtube is full of advanced tricks and hints, Adobe's website offers free step by step lessons that are extremely well done, sorted from beginner to expert!

121Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:14 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
[quote="blackpool"]lil "heroic" update, still having fun from time to time with my mcu guys... and girls!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Defend11

That Scene Laughing  I have to edit this reminds me at that Elevator scenes in Action movies, when You can here that relaxing Music like in the elevators of shopping centers. Before the door opens and the Crash boom bang Gunbattle started Very Happy

122Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:08 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn man, your Defenders team is looking so spot on. Love that elevator scene. And the Scarlet Witch effects are so awesome. I may need to hit you up for some tips and tricks on how you did those, as it'd be great for House of Seasons. Your photos are consistently so incredible. Always jealous of your talent!

123Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:59 am

blackpool

blackpool
Ephiane wrote:
That Scene Laughing  I have to edit this reminds me at that Elevator scenes in Action movies, when You can here that relaxing Music like in the elevators of shopping centers. Before the door opens and the Crash boom bang Gunbattle started Very Happy

Thanks a lot Eph!!! So many great elevator scenes indeed, I still have the spiderman one on my todo list as well as the captain america's...

ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn man, your Defenders team is looking so spot on.  Love that elevator scene.  And the Scarlet Witch effects are so awesome.  I may need to hit you up for some tips and tricks on how you did those, as it'd be great for House of Seasons.  Your photos are consistently so incredible.  Always jealous of your talent!

Thanks a lot Adam, hit me anytime when you want to talk photoshop tricks, most of them are not hard to achieve, those "power" effects are basically playing on the layer "mode" (try to play from "normal" to overlay, color dodge, soft/hard light...)

Here is my latest marvel "edit", it's been a while I hadn't properly worked on green screen, Gamora is a stunningly beautiful figure btw!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Marvel12

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Marvel14

124Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:12 am

Chip

Amazing collection and photography , you have a collection like I wish I had , glad you added photos as I would likely have missed your earlier posts , really enjoyed looking at these .

125Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:23 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Love the GOTG recreation. That’s awesome. I have the first Gamora, and I think she’s awesome.

126Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:42 pm

Diana

Diana
Awww... they look so good!!! Goosebumps worthy!

And I somehow missed the last few updates. I would never pass on the title of this thread. So I gotta express my love for your Defenders and that elevator scene. Matt looked so silly insisting on still wearing that mask. Laughing

Thank you!!! (Now where is the subscribe button...)

127Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous imagery as always, Alex!

128Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:40 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
A wonderful collection of super heroes! wonderfully photographed as always. I have to say, the black widow really is stunning. I have the same figure myself and always find she is difficult to photograph, but maybe that's just me??

129Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 5 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:21 pm

Illusion

Illusion
aaaahhhh - another amazing, marvellous, thread. Simply wow.
I have gone through it all.. what a wealth of cool posing and the effects come across so naturally and professional... nothing seeming exaggerated.

also the figures are right up my alley... I love you

Wish I could do this, but given all the other „wish I could“s, I will never start with photography and editing. Probably takes just about as long as creating dioramas and things...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum