OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog

Over the next month or two, i hope to post photos of my small collection as it now stands, starting with my favorite heroine and her niece.

Commander Kamiko Takahara,
Commanding Officer, Kimono Station.
Sexy, sarcastic, deadly....very, very deadly, and a bit of show-off.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52592181962_927dfb02f1_b
Page_1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52593090280_e301cbccdd_b
Page_2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52593179498_b511b8d5d8_b
Page_3 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52593269270_b0ca3dcc31_b
Kamiko-Michiko by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko and her niece, Michiko.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful photography as always; kinda wish you had started with some of your more obscure characters.

davidd

davidd
Awww... Kamiko is a "Peanuts" fan!

I love the way you outfit your female figures - "tactical kitsch with a comic book flair"... which looks really great on camera!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:Awww... Kamiko is a "Peanuts" fan!

I love the way you outfit your female figures - "tactical kitsch with a comic book flair"... which looks really great on camera!

But I don't yet have quite enough dog tags for all my girls. I find they just add that little bit of extra sexiness.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful photography as always; kinda wish you had started with some of your more obscure characters.

Obscure characters will be included shortly.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice shots. Love the warm carbine shot the best.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice shots. Love the warm carbine shot the best.

Kamiko sizzles in more ways than one.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Good work. Must have taken a fair amount of time finding the right location, weather, posing, photographing, and adding text. I have had similar thoughts myself, but thus far, it hasn't happened. I'm not writer. Given time, i will have a crack at it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Spartan06

Spartan06
Nice work!  Kamiko and Michiko give me some added inspiration.

A couple of really classic lines too - "Target rich environment" and "Happiness is a warm carbine" both rock.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ukshaun wrote:Good work. Must have taken a fair amount of time finding the right location, weather, posing, photographing, and adding text. I have had similar thoughts myself, but thus far, it hasn't happened. I'm not writer. Given time, i will have a crack at it.

Thanks for the kind words Shaun. You might be surprised to know that weather was not a problem, being in the dead of the Canadian winter here. The photos were shot on my dining room table and the plants are all either plastic bought in a dollar store, on Amazon, or hobby store Spanish moss, with a bit of straw thrown in. The boulders are plaster of paris over insulating foam. When properly out of focus as in these series of images, these props do a passable job as a jungle background.

Text and speech balloons were added using an inexpensive program called "Comic Life 3" which is a available for PC or Mac. Dave and Dal use it also. It's wonderful for creating comics to tell your stories.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Miyori, (Pinky) Sakamoto is Kamiko's best friend and a squad leader in Kimono Troop.  She and Kamiko became friends when Kamiko was attending high school in Japan at the insistence of her family. She is fiercely loyal to Kamiko and often acts as a bodyguard to her.  She also severely dislikes Erika von Stroheim and frequently asks Kamiko for permission to kill her during parlays, though she does so in Japanese, which Erika does not understand.  Originally built using an S24 body, I switched the YM Toys head sculpt over to an S30 suntan when I created Michiko, who being a teenager is smaller than stature.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52597412018_65344364c8_b
20221230_Miyori_0161 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52597154609_cb03a68c9e_b
20221230_Miyori_0167 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52596889941_829bc3f1c1_b
20221230_Miyori_0169 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52597322540_e1fdaf1003_b
20221230_Miyori_0175 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52597154159_7f69c8de69_b
20221230_Miyori_0185 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52597154029_6a399f2441_b
20221230_Miyori_0194 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Miyori speaks English with a heavy Japanese accent, and usually prefers to communicate in Japanese with Kamiko and Michiko.  She is very closed to Michiko, whom she treats as a little sister.  Michiko looks up to her enormously.  

davidd

davidd
I am delighted to see Miyori back in action, fully outfitted for field operations... and finally assigned a body that works extremely well with the head sculpt.

Fantastic lighting and backgrounds. These really do look like outdoor photos in natural light. If I didn't know... I wouldn't know!

13Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  Empty Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:56 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Captain Glynnis Penny Farthing, OBE.
Glynnis is a Kimono Troop Deputy Commanding Officer and member of the Explorer's Leauge, an intelligence organization posing as a bunch of eccentric explorers. She is noted for her weapon of choice, an M1 Thompson SMG, and for wearing an Indian pattern sun helmet or "Sola Topi" instead of more contemporary headdress. She also appeared topless in the B Classic, "Volcano Virgins of Vunga-Vunga." She is a noted expert on facts and legends surrounding the Katanga Stash, and is even rumoured to have secretly located it with help from Commander Kamiko Takahara of K-Troop.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52597613672_8f34d52d49_b
Captain Glynnis Penny-Farthing by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52598532720_b592daa685_b

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52597613287_a8dae42c62_b

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52598532355_2a8646441e_b

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Love that second pic of Myori, and the last pic of Glynnis. The “jungle” looks great.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
The jungle is no more than plastic plants, Spanish moss and straw, hanging from a black foam core backing or coming out of rock made of styrofoam and plaster. Th more out of focus it is, the less fake it looks.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I liked the last two Miyori photos best, and that last Glynnis works very well.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
And now, just to keep everyone happy, Kimono Troop Command is pleased to present the Super Villain, Dr. Diablos, which as you all know, is a perpetuation of MiskatonicNick's creation.

Not much is known about Dr. Diablos, and information about him in the MI6, CIA, S.I.M.O.N. files is conflicting and contradictory.  Some say he is South American, probably of Argentine father and German mother. Other sources claim he is German and his name at birth was "Teufel," or "Teufels" and that he changed it after fleeing to Argentina after WWII.  Sources do however agree that he is unnaturally old for a human--well over a hundred years old--and has survived multiple assassination attempts, the most recent by a rogue faction in British Intelligence, possibly ordered by Tiberius Tibias himself. He was also shot in the chest several times by Commander Takahara of K-Troop during a raid on his hideout on Diablos Island, but appears to have been wearing body armour beneath his leather coat.  

It is also widely believed that he is a cyborg, having at least one, possible more cybernetic limbs, as well as visible cranial implants.  He is believed to have devoted much of his life to the pursuit of reanimating the dead, and information gathered by Kimono Troop suggests he may have found a way. He is also believed to travel between continents using a highly modified type XXI U-Boat from the Second World War, which may have an alien power plant installed instead of the original diesel engines.  Kimono Troop discovered a secret submarine pen at Diablos Island and it is believed that he made is getaway using the afore-mentioned submarine.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52601221001_aa7e139722_b
_Diablos_0012 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52601644825_b3d73dd27d_b
_Diablos_0022 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52601737138_7ab98289be_b
_Diablos_0027 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:... and that last Glynnis works very well.

It's that gorgeous head sculpt. Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:

No, despite of it. Although this is as gorgeous as I have seen it. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This guy is awesome. And I really like his background story. Excellent photos, Gary.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
davidd wrote:

No, despite of it. Although this is as gorgeous as I have seen it. Smile

Yes, ThePhotogsBlog makes better use of the SuperDuck SDH-018A head sculpt than any other figure photographer whose work I've seen.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52602775497_4d572abab9_b
All About Me by Gary Menten, on Flickr

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52603576844_3e9e615ea4_b
Erika by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Oberleutnant Erika von Stroheim

TBLeague S22A body with modified Alert Line Female AfrikaKorps officer's head.

This character provides much of the comic relief for my stories. Erika was once a promising young Bundeswehr officer who's great grandfather served with Rommel in North Afrika. Even in childhood, she was convinced, listening to her great grandfather, that Rommel as the greatest military genius of the Second World War.  She inherited his diaries when he died, plus some other things....

Unfortunately for Erika, she suffered a traumatic brain injury while serving in Aghanistan and she suffers from a sever form of PTSD which leaves huge holes in her memory. When she has her medication, she approaches something like normalcy, but when she doesn't have them, she tends to fill the gaps in her memory with the writings from her great grandfather's memoirs. Consequently, she confuses his life and experiences and thoughts with her own and can have tremendous difficulty judging what year it is.  

Among the other things her great grandpa left her were his Walther pistol, MP40 submachinegun, his uniforms, a lot of money in Krugerands, and a list of contacts (mainly relatives and friends) who'd settled or fled to South America after the war. Discharged from the Bundeswehr, and with Germany once again in ruins owing to the 3rd World War, Erika, still on he meds, took these things and made her way first to Bueonos Aires where she was surprised to find that her German cousins had also maintained small arsenals left to them by their grandfather;s and great grandfathers. With the with the rapidly deteriorating situation in South America however, they collectively decided to commandeer an aircraft and fly it to the United States where they hoped to eventually establish a new German colony in the Oil Rich Southwest. In the meantime however.

Erika's and her cousins currently serve as part of Dr. Diablos's private army.

24Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  Empty Hoshi Hasegawa Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:39 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52603844130_7ef40a46e0_b
Hoshi by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I haven't fully decided much about Hoshi or what her exact role will be in my collection, other than that she will be part of an all anime figure unit who, because they are anime figures, will all have Japanese names, despite not looking very Japanese.  Influenced as I am by the anime series High School of the Dead, in which a group of high school students must find a way to survive as their school and city (and the world) is overrun by a zombie apocalypse, I might choose a similar theme.  Then again, I might not. Stay tuned to find out more.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52603714846_c46fffd340_b
Detonator by Gary Menten, on Flickr

25Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  Empty Bambi von Braun Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:34 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Not much is known at this point about Bambi, at least by the good guys, though she is strongly suspected of being a genetically engineered super-soldier created by Dr. Lili von Neuville (Laura's evil sister Lilly) using DNA stolen or captured from the Genesis project. She appears to be a genetic duplicate of BAM HQ Agent Tabi, and was observed to execute a spy who had displeased Dr. von Neuville by cutting her throat with a bayonet. A soldier bearing a strong resemblance to her was shot and supposedly killed by Commander Takahara in during the Laura Rescue Mission, however the body seems to have disappeared before daylight, despite multiple gunshot wounds to the chest from Kamiko's M4 carbine. It is not known at present, how many more Bambi von Brauns might have been created. Commander Takahara and Commodore Bond-Fleming are of the opinion that Dr. Diablos and Dr. von Neuville use Bambi as a bodyguard and enforcer. Her preferred weapon appears to be the Mauser C96 pistol.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52612679331_d737a2bea0_b
Bambi_0002 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52613100635_12cc573f23_b
Bambi_0006 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52613100515_7b83850c64_b
Bambi_0019 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  52612678741_d7b5c4005b_b
Bambi_0022 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: