OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spandex Stories (marvel heroes)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

21Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri May 04, 2018 11:25 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That’s awesome! Really great lighting and setup. Did Peter come with that guitar?

Just kidding. He looks bad-ass rocking it!

22Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri May 04, 2018 1:02 pm

ReverendSpooky

Damn man, killer pics. Just curious, were the smoke effects done digitally or with actual smoke? If you don't mind me asking, what's your photo set up? What are you shooting on, and what do you usually use for post processing? If you don't mind sharing your tricks that is Wink

http://reverendspooky.com

23Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri May 04, 2018 1:18 pm

dadrab

That's 'effin excellent.

The posing is some of the best I've seen for that kind of photo and baby Groot on the head stock made me laugh out loud. Even got the feet right in the second photo.

Too cool.

24Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri May 04, 2018 6:24 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Congratulations on your new arrival. He's worth it, isn't he? Glad you picked him up. And put him to good use immediately! Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

25Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat May 05, 2018 6:17 am

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s awesome! Really great lighting and setup. Did Peter come with that guitar?  
Just kidding. He looks bad-ass rocking it!

Thanks! If I was cynical about that shot I'd confess the 20$ guitar is as cool as a 250$ figure lmao, I found a couple on ebay with their hard cases, didn't find any use for them until now!

ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn man, killer pics.  Just curious, were the smoke effects done digitally or with actual smoke?  If you don't mind me asking, what's your photo set up?  What are you shooting on, and what do you usually use for post processing?  If you don't mind sharing your tricks that is Wink

Thank a lot mate! I always add the smoke digitally from now on because most of the time it fills the space so fast I don't get the result I want, the figure often gets totally surrounded in smoke... So I did a session shooting only smoke in front of a black screen,took me a couple hours to get all kinds of moves, but now I have a dozen of good smoke shots to overlay on my pictures!

No secrets about my settings, I'm still a noob at that game lol... I use a nikon D3100 (it's old but still solid) and I use two lenses, a basic 18-105 zoom for all action shots mainly, and a very good 50mm for close ups and portraits.
As I didn't know what I wanted shooting starlord at first I used the zoom, on the first sot it's set around 60mm, with F/5.3 but I should have reduced it to F/7 or 8 even to get the guitar sharper, but that would have needed a longer exposure, here I was set on 1/10 sec, it was night, lighting was very low, and I always keep my ISO sensitivity to 400 to avoid any grain in the black.

dadrab wrote:That's 'effin excellent.

The posing is some of the best I've seen for that kind of photo and baby Groot on the head stock made me laugh out loud. Even got the feet right in the second photo.

Too cool.

Thanks a lot!!! Glad you noticed the posing, even if I play guitar it took me a while to have him look lifelike, I got the idea as back to the future was on tv, I searched for some reference pics of knopfler but found nothing good, so the poses are mainly inspired by marty mc fly lol

GubernatorFan wrote:Congratulations on your new arrival. He's worth it, isn't he? Glad you picked him up. And put him to good use immediately! Wink

Thanks mate! Definitely my favourite hot toys grab recently, he is as cool as DD but with so many extras, chst armor and jetpack, alternative head with light up eyes, guns, walkman, necklaces, scarf, baby groot (with a magnet to sit him on starlord's shoulder...)
I couldn't resist to play riiiight out of the box, he is still playing guitar on my fireplace now...

26Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat May 05, 2018 10:41 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Good looking bunch! I'm not sure how or where I'll display my figures when I move. I'm not sure about shelves as I don't use stands and some of them aren't terribly stable, only moments ago, Indy fainted and would have been wrecked if he'd been on a shelf.

CHEERS!

27Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat May 05, 2018 10:46 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Good looking bunch! I'm not sure how or where I'll display my figures when I move. I'm not sure about shelves as I don't use stands and some of them aren't terribly stable, only moments ago, Indy fainted and would have been wrecked if he'd been on a shelf.

Maybe it is time you start using stands. You can always take figures off them for photography. Or use a very very low shelf over a thickly carpeted (or better yet couched) area.

28Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat May 05, 2018 10:49 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I did like those Mafex stands that Tankgirl used on her Rey, if I can find similar ones on eBay then they might be alright. They're standing on cupboards right now and I might do likewise later, we'll see.....

29Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat May 05, 2018 11:05 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Just looked on eBay, no loose Mafex and all the other stands are either waist or crotch grabbers and you can't conveniently hide those.

CHEERS!

30Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Ah hah,

Tamashii Stage Act, we could have a winner!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamashii-Stage-Act-4-Humanoid-Clear-Stand-S-H-Figuarts-S-I-C-Pack-of-3-Bandai/222965463800?hash=item33e9c6faf8:g:vTwAAOSwGkVa7Dra

On something like Indy it could be hidden by his bag. Hmmm......

CHEERS!

31Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat May 05, 2018 11:38 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That does look promising for your purposes, and that second option works similarly to the one you were looking for. Nice find. Get some and tell us how they work out. Smile

32Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat May 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I will do, they've all got survive a move first.

CHEERS!

33Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu May 24, 2018 11:26 am

blackpool

blackpool
quick update with some shots I had forgotten... My punisher finally got his Jon Bernthal's head, and I suspended spidey along with DD for a lil "NY city" edit Smile

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Marvelheroes_16

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Marvelheroes_17

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Marvelheroes_18

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Marvelheroes_19SD

34Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu May 24, 2018 2:18 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Love the Spidey and DD shot. That's way cool...not that the other two aren't, but that one gives me a nudge.

Well done.

35Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu May 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool shots. Nice to see BW wearing a full set of clothes for a change. And yeah, that spidey dd shot is epic.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 C8485110

36Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu May 24, 2018 2:36 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also like the new shot, although visually I preferred your Henry Cavill Punisher.

37Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:35 am

blackpool

blackpool
dadrab wrote:Love the Spidey and DD shot. That's way cool...not that the other two aren't, but that one gives me a nudge.
Well done.

Thanks a lot Dadrab, I hear you no worry, I really like this shot as well, basically cause they are the two marvel heroes from my childhood, much more than any other! Sorry I didn't shoot any behind the scene pictures, it was epic to have these two guys suspended from my kitchen top cabinets lmao

Stryker2011 wrote:Really cool shots. Nice to see BW wearing a full set of clothes for a change. And yeah, that spidey dd shot is epic.

thank you very much Stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:I also like the new shot, although visually I preferred your Henry Cavill Punisher.

Haha Thanks Gubernator! I agree with you, in the end I prefer my comic version of the punisher, more bulky, more dark... The cool acting of jon berntal made another kind of punisher that I also apreciate, but it doesn"t transpire much in photography...

Here are a couple of edits I made during the summer from the Infinity war movie (I loooooooved that movie)
The background art was created in 3D by a phenomenl toy photographer that I met through instagram, his name there is @uncannyfigs , a very nice guy from UK!

Hope you'll like!

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Marvelheroes_20

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Marvelheroes_21

38Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:46 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These new images capture and channel the epic quality of the movie. Beautifully done.

39Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:37 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Hot damn...

Very nice.

I kid you not, I thought the first one was a screen cap from the movie. So well done.

Very happy to see you back at it.

40Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:44 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool photos. Nice dynamic posing and the effects are awesome.

41Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:22 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Great shots, love the fx! Jon Bernthal is one cool looking person. Does the daredevil figure include an unmasked Murdock head? Would be cool to see an early season 1 costume, with the black shirt etc.

42Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:31 pm

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:These new images capture and channel the epic quality of the movie. Beautifully done.

Tanks a lot Gubernator, glad you liked the movie, I found it was one of the best marvel productions!

dadrab wrote:Hot damn...
Very nice.
I kid you not, I thought the first one was a screen cap from the movie. So well done.
Very happy to see you back at it.

Haha thank you Dadrab! I had the chance to chat and share some images with another toy photographer from England that actually rebuilt the Titan set in 3D, he was kind enough to provide the background!

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool photos. Nice dynamic posing and the effects are awesome.

Thanks a lot for the kind words Stryker!

Ovy wrote:Great shots, love the fx! Jon Bernthal is one cool looking person. Does the daredevil figure include an unmasked Murdock head? Would be cool to see an early season 1 costume, with the black shirt etc.

Thanks Ovy! Agreed that Bernthal is a very cool Punisher, just his face does the job without he needs to speak!

Sadly Daredevil only came with the masked head, a bit like for batman figures it has two "jaw" parts to make alternative mouth expression, but there isn't any Matt Murdock headsculpt on the market yet (except for a high end custom that is wayyyyy out of my price)

Now that you mention Daredevil, here are some shots I made after watching again the show, I was very sad and nostalgic when I heard that the next season is cancelled (not make a rant here but screw you mickey mouse Mad )

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Daredevil_02

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Daredevil_03

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Daredevil_01

43Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:31 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Nice one.

44Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
More beautiful shots. You are a master in this respect.

45Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:10 pm

PureEnergy

Spectacular gallery!  

Fantastic poses and photography effects.  

Well done, sir.

46Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really great photos. I hadn’t heard about Daredevil being cancelled, that sucks... but I guess they figure they’ve run their course. I was a little disappointed in the last season, since he never once wore the official outfit.

47Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Tremendous work! It's amazing what a talented artist can do with such cool subjects. The illusion is perfect!

48Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:14 am

blackpool

blackpool
dadrab wrote:Nice one.

Thanks a lot Dadrab!

GubernatorFan wrote:More beautiful shots. You are a master in this respect.

Many thanks GF, I'm still very far from the photographers and bloggers that inspire me but I learn slowly, working more and more each shot when I used to shoot thousands of pics...

PureEnergy wrote:Spectacular gallery!  
Fantastic poses and photography effects.  

Well done, sir.

Thanks a lot for the kind words sir!

Stryker2011 wrote:Really great photos. I hadn’t heard about Daredevil being cancelled, that sucks... but I guess they figure they’ve run their course. I was a little disappointed in the last season, since he never once wore the official outfit.

Thanks Stryker! Yeah it was announced recently, following luke cage and iron fist's cancellations too. My guess is Disney is taking back the marvel licenses from netflix as they are developing their own video service... Quite sad since the character was really well designed and accurate to the comics...

Pontiacivan wrote:Tremendous work! It's amazing what a talented artist can do with such cool subjects. The illusion is perfect!

Thank you very much, I feel humbled by such comments cause I'm really an amateur at this photography thing, and I don't feel like an artist at all, I used to when I was drawing comics myself, but I don't feel the same about toy photography even if I take the same pleasure in posing and building dioramas or setup as I used to when skething and drawing!

Here is my latest shot, as you might notice santa claus came by, I couldn't resist grabbing the homecoming spiderman, and I had an opportunity to get the infinity war captain from a blogger that switched to the movie promo edition, he made me an offer I just couldn't decline lol

Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Marvelheroes_22

49Kitbash - Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) - Page 2 Empty Re: Spandex Stories (marvel heroes) Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:19 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool shot. Defenders Vs. Avengers. Excellent backdrop and lighting.

Did you make comics professionally? If so, which ones?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum