OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 24]

shovelchop81

More weapons being made and painted plus the armour details. Also found a great cheap easy to find substitute for filters on my spray booths, a roll of dust/cleaner cloths that are even the perfect size! I've been pealing old filters back for years extending their life spans by 10 but you do eventually run out and filters on line cost a bloody fortune for some reason; all they need to do is allow the fumes to be sucked out and keep the particles in so they won't jam up your fans etc..

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 PdT09xU

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 AFwX646

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 RWUE4MG

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 CzyTfWF

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 LplSx5H

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 66FisgU

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 FY2piHJ

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 DEPFA8O

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 0pnirEk

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 GVFCudA

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 AGoSe2G

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 8WaOhRG

Rogerbee

Founding Father
He's coming together really well.

I haven't been getting notifications for these again, anyone else had that lately?

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:He's coming together really well.

I haven't been getting notifications for these again, anyone else had that lately?

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger, I'm all good notification wise.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Looks awesome. Love the sword with the serrated edge.

I almost never get notifications, by the way.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Can you guys define what you mean by notifications? The indications in the upper right that someone has posted something? I seem to get them for any thread I have either created or posted in. Or do you mean something else? Either way, it could also have to do with some setting on your end. At the very top of the thread, for example, there is a "stop watching this topic" link; if you had clicked on that it might stop sending you notifications.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I mean emails to say that someone has posted a reply. They can be a bit intermittent at times. I got one for the last reply that Chop did and a couple of others, so they're all good again for now.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Been doing a lot of work on the weapons, polearm and sword sheath in particular, had to file out a bunch of aluminium for a removable connector so he can still hold each one separately or combined in his closed hands. The sword sheath was a pain as I spent ages quadruple stitching some faux leather for it only to find that unlike real leather the pleather has an inbuilt spandex like material that the serrated teeth got stuck on and literally had to cut the sword out Crying or Very sad . So spent the last few hours grinding (on an actual grinding wheel) the excess plastic off a way oversized Wraith sheath from the Toy Biz 12" line after cutting it in half with a dremell both length wise and horizontally. Then spent ages filing it to a perfect fit for the sword, it's gluing now and I still have all the fletching to do with real feathers on the Ronin Wraith's arrows, that's 18 individual fletches to do.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 65e3QEa

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 MHozRb4

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 HAJIIbb

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 Qc78j3s

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 IHSIMS4

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 WZoGduL

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 3RaTFJW

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 B2NSByG

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 C9qyDCF

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 Njq8XvC

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 09hsmaR

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 0C27oqS

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 M1v2R8q

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 7wOlIx1

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 JtyaxK5

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks pretty much ready and very cool indeed.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The level of work you are putting into this... it’s exhausting just following along. Laughing

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
The great ingenuity at play again, love it!

CHEERS!

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Me: Honey......he's doing it again!
Wife: OK, show me the post when he's finished!

dadrab

dadrab
shovelchop81 wrote:The sword sheath was a pain as I spent ages quadruple stitching some faux leather for it only to find that unlike real leather the pleather has an inbuilt spandex like material that the serrated teeth got stuck on and literally had to cut the sword out Crying or Very sad .

Man, that sucks. Given how pronounced those serrations are, real leather probably would have done the same thing. The course you chose to solve the dilemma is pretty damn sharp.

Well done, sir. Carry on.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks pretty much ready and very cool indeed.

Getting there... Wink just have to work out how he's going to store all these weapons!

Stryker2011 wrote:The level of work you are putting into this... it’s exhausting just following along. Laughing

LOL! WOW, I'm making people exercise now!

Rogerbee wrote:The great ingenuity at play again, love it!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!

Pontiacivan wrote:Me: Honey......he's doing it again!
Wife: OK, show me the post when he's finished!

LMFAO!!! Laughing

dadrab wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:The sword sheath was a pain as I spent ages quadruple stitching some faux leather for it only to find that unlike real leather the pleather has an inbuilt spandex like material that the serrated teeth got stuck on and literally had to cut the sword out Crying or Very sad .

Man, that sucks. Given how pronounced those serrations are, real leather probably would have done the same thing. The course you chose to solve the dilemma is pretty damn sharp.

Well done, sir. Carry on.

Possibly, this does seem the safest way, nice pun! Wink

Finished the scabbard and attached all the flights to the arrows but they still need to be trimmed. I felt like a fly fisherman making these!

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 0kwBKcn

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 YX90GE8

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 OMayolO

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 WSuOiqB

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 FGOU8J0

peter the painter

More great work here, the amount of detail you include in your custom builds is phenomenal.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Real feathers on the arrows, the mind boggles!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:More great work here, the amount of detail you include in your custom builds is phenomenal.

Cheers,

Peter.

Cheers Peter! That's why I'm getting you to do all the Dwarf sculpts, even if I could come close to matching your talent, your speed is incredible! I'd be taking months doing them alone so with all the other work on the Dwarves: custom bodies, custom clothing, armour, weapons, accessories etc.. the stuff I'm pretty confident in building... is going to be a major project enough on it's own since I do like adding detail! Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice sword sheath. Looks awesome. And the feathers on the fletching! Incredible.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Cool weapons indeed! And those arrows look just right for a character of this type. Speaking of type and weapon storage, I've always wondered: as kings, shouldn't the wraiths have a number of demonic (or just malicious) servants, assistants, and soldiers each? Like to carry out their commands, carry their weapons, stable their dragons (whatever they were called), etc...? I don't recall seeing any of these in the movies (I've only read one book), unless that is what the army of Mordor actually is (though I don't think so).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Technically, the Wraiths themselves are slaves (to Sauron and the rings). The Army at Mordor is indeed the army of the Wraiths, as commanded by the Witch-King of Angmar (The Morgul Lord), who is the primary Wraith/Nazgul. I guess who could say that the rest of the Nine are the remaining officers.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Real feathers on the arrows, the mind boggles!

CHEERS!

Well it was just the first thing I thought of having fletched real arrows! Wink

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice sword sheath. Looks awesome. And the feathers on the fletching! Incredible.

Thanks Mark!

GubernatorFan wrote:Cool weapons indeed! And those arrows look just right for a character of this type. Speaking of type and weapon storage, I've always wondered: as kings, shouldn't the wraiths have a number of demonic (or just malicious) servants, assistants, and soldiers each? Like to carry out their commands, carry their weapons, stable their dragons (whatever they were called), etc...? I don't recall seeing any of these in the movies (I've only read one book), unless that is what the army of Mordor actually is (though I don't think so).

What Mark/Stryker said... They're like Mordor's Seal Team Six or is it Alpha now a days? Okay just googled it, apparently there is no Team Six as it was dissolved in 1987(WTF?) and is now just DEVGRU... no idea not my area, just enjoy the movies and TV...need more modern SEAL figures...

Anyway..finished the arrows and researched sigils associated with Mordor for the Ronin Wraith's flags/standards.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 ZS39lEr

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 37ukO39

NARROWED THEM DOWN TO THESE

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 VLPUW2M

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 YXc6lmk

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 NtRpNGS

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 5vsiqBj

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 TsFobiK

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 8A9GixG

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 7f2EPk7

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
All of those are excellent options. Which shall you choose?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:All of those are excellent options. Which shall you choose?

Well each standard will have it's own, so I'll need two, these ones I think as they fit the shape of the standards better than some others and look pretty cool as well as different enough to warrant two separate standards (am I even using that word correctly? You have standard bearers so...standards?).

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 7zF80xD

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 VLPUW2M

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those are a couple of excellent choices. In fact, the top one is one of my personal favorites (I didn't say anything earlier, as I didn't want to influence any decision you may (or may not) make). And I do believe "Standard" is one of the correct terms for a banner, flag, etc..

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good, those sigils will be a great touch.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yep, military flags are often called standards (though also colours and banners and of course flags). In my personal imagination, that is especially true if they are hanging from a horizontal rod (like Roman ones), but the definition is fluid.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Those are a couple of excellent choices. In fact, the top one is one of my personal favorites (I didn't say anything earlier, as I didn't want to influence any decision you may (or may not) make). And I do believe "Standard" is one of the correct terms for a banner, flag, etc..

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good, those sigils will be a great touch.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan wrote:Yep, military flags are often called standards (though also colours and banners and of course flags). In my personal imagination, that is especially true if they are hanging from a horizontal rod (like Roman ones), but the definition is fluid.

Thanks guys! Yeah just clicked in my head, standards are usually more of a solid staff adorned with metal symbols of a unit and country as in Eagles mostly..Romans, then Napoleon, then the Germans etc.. I wonder if the Americans have them? And could be used as a weapon itself. Anyway got confused as the Japanese standards were always vertical (narrower than mine) fabric on an inverted 'L' shaped post and attached like mine but using fabric hoops as metal was and is a very rare commodity in Japan and was saved mostly for weapons and armour which is ironic as the law in Japan for airsoft weapons is that they must be less than 50% metal and really low powered but that's a post WW2 related weapons sanction political thingy as well as lack of space etc..
Anyway... just dyed a bunch of real leather bits black to make some of the final bits for this figure, then onto the master! Sauron himself! Twisted Evil

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 FULve8u

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Ohoo, Sauron, the big bad, the main dude, should be good!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Ohoo, Sauron, the big bad, the main dude, should be good!

CHEERS!

I hope so! Wink

A picture matching what I'd already designed

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 PgLbH8A

Random throne drawing by someone

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 XJnvGpO

18 inch Sauron laid out with armour, a lot of it is metal.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 TlHkAbz

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 EIfHAzM

with face plate

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 WU8QgPX

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 UqjB0S2

hands and feet

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 F5gOhnb

throne bits so far

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 NjOSueM

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 LkGfRXp

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 BUEe1V6

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 2vRFhei

some of the electronics to be installed, light and sound with moving eye, more electronics to come with movie phrases

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 5YpNE0r

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 PaHIEvB

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 4Ba7xKP

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 O2x0SUp

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 Qg4hRke

impressive amount of parts and engineering for an 8 quid figure!

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 10 36S5lD2

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh my God! That Sauron is looking awesome! With the lighting effect it's going to be amazing! I am so jealous of your ability to manipulate found objects and make stuff from scratch. Can’t wait to see Sauron with the Nine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum