OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
It's been a bit of a Holy Grail of mine to create and build a 1/6 Sauron from the 1st Peter Jackson LOTR movie since I first saw the film but always thought it beyond my abilities but with the help of a person in Eastern Europe who could 3D print a statue from a scanned Prime One Studios original (completely different base though which I then completely changed again myself) I was able to very carefully cut it up, resculpt incomplete or missing parts, replace the mail, fully articulate it with a lot of work and a bit of experience having done this to smaller 1/6 figures many times (like Hasbro SW Titan 12" figures). He now is as you see him killing King Elendil The Tall in the War Of The Last Alliance.
One of Elendil's sons, Isildur takes his father's broken sword (Narsil) and cuts off Sauron's finger wearing The One Ring (TOR) which destroys Sauron's body in a rather epic nuclear like explosion! Isildur is supposed to destroy TOR but like everyone succumbs to it's addictive power and can't do it (in lore, no one can, that's part of its power, it can only be destroyed by accident or great sacrifice). So inevitably TOR starts taking its toll on his fragile human mind torturing him with nightmares like the one I have created here, this nightmare is my idea and a use of artistic license and not from text in any of the books or films, it just seems likely to have happened since it depicts his father's death in a cruel and evil way that TOR could imprint on Isildur's memory or dreams just to torture him. It also allowed me to give Sauron a bit more of a versatile display and diorama. All the mail is real metal with independent links. The torso and abdomen armour is completely posable, that was a fun engineering puzzle to solve!

Build thread can be found here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5441-elendil-s-helmet-building-a-custom-articulated-1-6-scale-sauron-from-peter-jackson-s-lotr-using-3d-printed-statue-parts

I have some UV reactive pigments in the lava and flame paint but it was never really intended to 'glow in the dark', also the batteries for his eyes started dying as soon as I decided to start taking finished pics, typical as they'd been great for months! Yes the build did take that long.

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. RceN5aQ

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. W17Pq7H

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 82XmUIP

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. RWLfaW4

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 7dlyCH3

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. FAhIRTf

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. FnbMlYQ

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. VfoCxrK

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. XBlBDg8

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. VhdEUus

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. JIQQgAF

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. MoKAiBL

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. QlQEdKy

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. SKNqlGf

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 1zWB7ol

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. Mwc9GqF

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. PqIOrxr

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. YAQE4Ah

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. LNo4fpN

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. DSY3mbX

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. GPcMa4n

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. LwFpCzb

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. XDx2V4f

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. MgB9try

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. R5Ug5iz

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. CWNp2eW

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. CR6ebAR

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 5mpzh0U

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 9MBxcSt

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. HAcJVuM

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. VK3X7G4

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. TMbbdIX

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. SxH1kmh

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 0GDcoO2

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. V08qfWc

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. GPg4Q92

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. CL0DLH5

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. PEo8Www

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. V08qfWc

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. GZQThGm

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. Nt55PAW

IN THE LOTR/THE HOBBIT COLLECTION WITH NEW SHELVES

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. ZIRDZC3

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. Pl73YTw

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. PJg3qjn

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. EwrcOWI

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. IRxX7ok

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. StKFTrp

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. FJtzgph

I ACTUALLY HAVE ALL 9 NAZGUL UP THERE YOU JUST CAN'T BLOODY SEE THEM! AND AFTER ALL THAT HUNTING TOO!

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. YvDVXXW

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. KXHcvKz

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 8mMjXPQ

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. X81KauL

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 6imltGc

LINKS QUITE WELL INTO THE IRON MAN COLLECTION HERE...

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. QFnEPMm

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. JJHzYLm

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. DaSeY5L

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
WOW!!! What a thing of beauty! What a treat to see this figure come together, and the final result is indeed the EPIC I new it would be. Such a beautiful piece of work, Alex. (That collection of other figures is beyond impressive.) You did a masterful job on this figure, the base, and the extra Elendil corpse. I just can't think of enough words to say how amazing this guy is.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Yay, your Dark Troops have a new Lord of Heavy Metal, finally. \m/

That was a fun journey. And I think you finished it all quite fast. Beautiful to see that gorey scene realized. And the braaiins!

About your curtains, I think you could try orange/red/yellow curtains with some kind of colour gradient behind the orks, so it looks like a firey hellish Isengardian background.

And once you are rich and famous, try to remember who you inspirations were. Razz Laughing

shovelchop81 wrote:
Ovy wrote:Yay he looks great, and you were really fast again. Will look great in dark environments and glowy eyes.

About that free hand, you have a vast Predator collection, pretty sure you have one of one of those skulls with the spine attached? You could put a Gondorian helmet on it and give it to Sauron.

Thanks and what a great idea Ovy! I'd have to modify the spine a bit, perhaps insert a wire and articulate it? I'll probably take a helmet from from the base and then do a recast of the skull with spine and helmet. Or modify the helmet into Elendil's helmet (the King of Gondor) who Sauron kills in this battle.

Great idea turning it into a nightmare vision sequence, haha.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Holy cow! I know I've been looking at your creation piece by piece and stage by stage, and almost done, but seeing it all put together is still so impressive. What a beautiful (and fully functional) rendition of Sauron at his most glorious. And, again, what impressive "accessories" in Elendil and the base. Will you be making an Isildur (or do you have one already, I forget)?

The shots of your collection, focusing on LOTR, are overwhelming. At this point you can practically create your stop-motion rendition of the film. Smile I know you have a ton of figures, but to have such a number and selection from a single franchise is unusual and very useful.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to proceed to make a fully-articulated Jabba (or at least as articulated as the classic Kenner Jabba figure). And after that, a fully-articulated Rancor. Smile Speaking of Jabba, we have been talking about improving the newest Hutt-slayer Leia set, and perhaps you will find it amusing or share your impressions, here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5720-towards-a-definitive-huttslayer-leia-updated-with-part-v

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:WOW!!! What a thing of beauty! What a treat to see this figure come together, and the final result is indeed the EPIC I new it would be. Such a beautiful piece of work, Alex. (That collection of other figures is beyond impressive.) You did a masterful job on this figure, the base, and the extra Elendil corpse. I just can't think of enough words to say how amazing this guy is.

Thank you Srtyker very much for following the build so closely and all the kind words!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Ovy wrote:Yay, your Dark Troops have a new Lord of Heavy Metal, finally. \m/

That was a fun journey. And I think you finished it all quite fast.  Beautiful to see that gorey scene realized. And the braaiins!

About your curtains, I think you could try orange/red/yellow curtains with some kind of colour gradient behind the orks, so it looks like a firey hellish Isengardian background.

And once you are rich and famous, try to remember who you inspirations were. Razz Laughing

shovelchop81 wrote:
Ovy wrote:Yay he looks great, and you were really fast again. Will look great in dark environments and glowy eyes.

About that free hand, you have a vast Predator collection, pretty sure you have one of one of those skulls with the spine attached? You could put a Gondorian helmet on it and give it to Sauron.

Thanks and what a great idea Ovy! I'd have to modify the spine a bit, perhaps insert a wire and articulate it? I'll probably take a helmet from from the base and then do a recast of the skull with spine and helmet. Or modify the helmet into Elendil's helmet (the King of Gondor) who Sauron kills in this battle.

Great idea turning it into a nightmare vision sequence, haha.

LOL! No chance of me becoming rich or famous! I'm a recluse who spends far too much money on guns and toys!! As for the curtains...yeah they came with the house which is rented and I'd rather buy a new toy than curtains! They could be worse, at least they sort of fit in with the Elves..maybe? Neutral

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Holy cow! I know I've been looking at your creation piece by piece and stage by stage, and almost done, but seeing it all put together is still so impressive. What a beautiful (and fully functional) rendition of Sauron at his most glorious. And, again, what impressive "accessories" in Elendil and the base. Will you be making an Isildur (or do you have one already, I forget)?

The shots of your collection, focusing on LOTR, are overwhelming. At this point you can practically create your stop-motion rendition of the film. Smile I know you have a ton of figures, but to have such a number and selection from a single franchise is unusual and very useful.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to proceed to make a fully-articulated Jabba (or at least as articulated as the classic Kenner Jabba figure). And after that, a fully-articulated Rancor. Smile Speaking of Jabba, we have been talking about improving the newest Hutt-slayer Leia set, and perhaps you will find it amusing or share your impressions, here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5720-towards-a-definitive-huttslayer-leia-updated-with-part-v

Damn, if you think I have a lot from this franchise you should see my 1/6 SW collection! 100's of 1/6 figures! I was lucky and got huge collections of the Hasbro 12" decent figures MIB for hardly anything, just the right time I guess. These I upgrade all the time too with my own custom work, saves a fortune! So did Buying all the SSC SW stuff back when they were $50 a figure instead of $250+ for the same thing by HT.

Thank you for the support through out the build! And thank you for your kind appraisal of the finished figure! I have no plans to make an Isildur, he was barely shown in the movies and they played down his role a lot from from the books. I'm not planning on doing a Jabba (I have SSC's with throne base etc..) or a Rancor right now, maybe in the future? But I'm am planning another big LOTR related build but from earlier history of Middle Earth, Morgoth/Melkor who was Sauron's master and lived throughout the 1st and 2nd age (LOTR is in the 3rd) and was literally Tolkien's answer to the Devil, he controlled the Balrogs for example!! Just google Morgoth and you will see this allows me quite a bit of artistic license aside from him being enormous and a god in his own right.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are welcome, it's been enjoyable (and educational) to see another inventive and successful build. One could only hope one day you decide to improve on Jabba or make a Rancor. Wink I am vaguely familiar with Morgoth thanks to YouTube stuff I came across in relation to your custom figures. Would be great to see what you make of him.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Congrats on completing this incredible build! I love him!!!! Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 1f60d I'm always so happy when people are able to acheive their 'Grail' figures. And I'm honoured to have followed your progress on it. It's inspiring how willing you are to just cut things up and then put it all back together in the most creative ways, with awesome results!

Your LotR collection is indeed beyond impressive, and I guess you have to take a group photo of all your SW figures at some point, too. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GregT

magnificent! you're one of the Grand Masters of the 1/6 world

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He looks absolutely amazing, that's basically the best and coolest looking Sauron in 1/6. The skeleton and its exposed brain detail is somewhat gruesome I feel but it goes so well with Sauron and the base.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:You are welcome, it's been enjoyable (and educational) to see another inventive and successful build. One could only hope one day you decide to improve on Jabba or make a Rancor. Wink I am vaguely familiar with Morgoth thanks to YouTube stuff I came across in relation to your custom figures. Would be great to see what you make of him.

Well I plan on using my old scratch built Titanium Man as a base since he doesn't really fit in anywhere and is falling to bits! I created a huge body for him covered in black latex sinewy muscle I cast from something or other which will be perfect.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Congrats on completing this incredible build!  I love him!!!!  Custom built fully articulated 1/6 LOTR movie Sauron with diorama finished pics. 1f60d  I'm always so happy when people are able to acheive their 'Grail' figures. And I'm honoured to have followed your progress on it. It's inspiring how willing you are to just cut things up and then put it all back together in the most creative ways, with awesome results!

Your LotR collection is indeed beyond impressive, and I guess you have to take a group photo of all your SW figures at some point, too. Smile

Well I'm honoured you actually followed and supported the build! Without other members saying hello or giving me feedback it quickly becomes less interesting to post builds! So thank you!
As for my star Wars 1/6 collection, yes I can post pics of that. A group photo isn't possible, it takes up an entire room! LOL

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GregT wrote:magnificent! you're one of the Grand Masters of the 1/6 world

That's very kind of you GregT! If I am it's one of many!!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Theboo-bomb wrote:He looks absolutely amazing, that's basically the best and coolest looking Sauron in 1/6. The skeleton and its exposed brain detail is somewhat  gruesome I feel but it goes so well with Sauron and the base.

Thank you, not sure if there are any other articulated 1/6 Saurons out there except for my other one! LOL. As for being gruesome, this is quite tame compared to some other pieces I've made, my "Gory Gladiators" series comes to mind, inspired by the TV series "Spartacus:Blood And Sand" and the two following series that came afterwards; all that work with much of my other work is on OSW.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum