OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 24]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
What an eclectic compilation of materials you have assembled and are preparing to deploy for the throne!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
In the words of Mr. Spock: "Fascinating." That's a lot of cool material to work with.

shovelchop81

Lol, will post follow up pics when my PC finishes installing Win10 properly.

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Oh boy! Good luck, anything but W10 Pro and you could be in for some fun. If you possibly can, avoid the Fall and April Creators Updates at all costs!! PM me of you have any issues.

CHEERS!

PS (Hope you can go back to 7 if you need to.)

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Oh boy! Good luck, anything but W10 Pro and you could be in for some fun. If you possibly can, avoid the Fall and April Creators Updates at all costs!! PM me of you have any issues.

CHEERS!

PS (Hope you can go back to 7 if you need to.)

Did that a few years ago, went to win10 too early before they ironed any bugs out so reverted to win7 but got locked out as my key didn't work anymore so been stuck on an 'unregistered version' for the last few years which sucked, could have cured that for 2.99 on ebay if only I'd bloody known! Mad  Did that today so I could upgrade to the Home Premium? 32/64 version today as my win7 was starting to seriously crap out no matter how many bandaids I was putting on it! Trying to sort win10 out to a way I'm used to but will take a day or two.

Done a bit more work, cut that skull down and splayed it for the front of the throne. I added the skulls to Sauron's shoulders, a spiked cover to the top of his ribcage armour hidding the hoop, a new mouth plate on his helmet to cover that oval detail that was driving me nuts (looked like he needed to use a straw to eat or drink!), and finally just added some small detail pieces to the frontmost helmet spikes as they looked very bland.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 GSqXvmr

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 JeStVV6

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 Y0UPZl3

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 TVRotWF

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 TXEDL3H

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL. Now he can't drink at all! Just kidding... it does look even better.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL. Now he can't drink at all! Just kidding... it does look even better.

As far as food and drink goes I think he's more of a walking BBQ rather than a consumer of such, he even has a rack to to cook on! Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
All looking good!

I would have gone for 7 Pro then you could have upgraded to 10 Pro. Pro lets you defer big updates like the Fall Creator's Update, you can't do that with other versions. Considering the age of your machine you run the risk of drivers crapping out and no replacements. Fingers crossed.....

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Man... Hadn't been by in a couple of days. That's looking killer.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Just realised what I need to bring the throne together, clay! Not the stuff that needs to be fired in a kiln but the grey stuff they gave us as kids in school that dries in the air overnight. I'll need a proper turntable too... at least I have loads of sculpting tools.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Sounds like a plan!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Sounds like a plan!

CHEERS!

Yup, a messy one! Going to need to find that old shower curtain as wet clay gets everywhere! Laughing  I found a bag of fibre reinforced stone coloured ie:grey that's 12.5kg for 12quid, not sure if that was a typo or not as other sellers are asking 7.50 for 1kg...we shall see..

As for Win10, it doesn't seem to remember my folder setting so after spending hours transfering 600gb of contents from the hard drive folders to the win10 folders I now can't find anything after a restart, looked and worked fine before the restart...arghh.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
And voila!... a turntable! Got a few of these old record players lying around, just cheap ones that came with old systems back in the 90's so I figured why spend 30-40quid on a large clay/cake turntable (the photobooth and spraybooth ones are too small and tricky to rotate) when this will do the job perfectly! I masked any vital areas just incase it ever got used again as a record player and disconnected the drive belt from the motor.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 DRnDsAN

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 Kiifw6p

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Cool, 33 1/3 ought to do it. 45 would be too fast, LOL!

You'll have to get Cortana to find your files. I hated her and killed her the first chance I got. If you get Classic Shell you can uninstall her completely.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Cool, 33 1/3 ought to do it. 45 would be too fast, LOL!

You'll have to get Cortana to find your files. I hated her and killed her the first chance I got. If you get Classic Shell you can uninstall her completely.

CHEERS!

Thanks haven't tried that feature yet, I did get asked if I wanted the April updates but was able to say no, so maybe pro isn't the only version that can do that? I'm in the middle of getting PC tune up to clean up this cluster F*** of win7 stuff trying to work with win10 and slowing everything down to a snail pace at the moment.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice job. Interesting approach.

Stryker2011 wrote:Hmmm. I wonder if making the throne out of thin sheets of wood, then assembled, would have been easier...? Metal is nice, but as you clearly pointed out, a pain to work with. Hope it all works out, regardless, to your satisfaction.

I've tried these kinds of builds before in metal. Never again. I'll be sticking to wood from now on with some magic "gun-metal grey" paint.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

Thanks haven't tried that feature yet, I did get asked if I wanted the April updates but was able to say no, so maybe pro isn't the only version that can do that? I'm in the middle of getting PC tune up to clean up this cluster F*** of win7 stuff trying to work with win10 and slowing everything down to a snail pace at the moment.

That's something at least. You'll need to stick with as old a build of 10 as you can so that all the 7 drivers you have for your PC will still work. There may be things that later builds won't have drivers for. Anyhow, to keep this thread on track, I suggest you PM me if you have any further issues.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
shazzdan wrote:Nice job. Interesting approach.

Stryker2011 wrote:Hmmm. I wonder if making the throne out of thin sheets of wood, then assembled, would have been easier...? Metal is nice, but as you clearly pointed out, a pain to work with. Hope it all works out, regardless, to your satisfaction.

I've tried these kinds of builds before in metal. Never again. I'll be sticking to wood from now on with some magic "gun-metal grey" paint.

Wood and I never get on, I guess I like to 'go against the grain' in all things!  Wink
It actually wasn't the metal that was the problem, it was the reflective adhesive sign on it that was fibrous and jammed everything trying to cut it except the shears.

Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

That's something at least. You'll need to stick with as old a build of 10 as you can so that all the 7 drivers you have for your PC will still work. There may be things that later builds won't have drivers for. Anyhow, to keep this thread on track, I suggest you PM me if you have any further issues.

CHEERS!

Will do cheers!

Waiting on the clay right now for the throne and been busy building a new rifle, even had to do some basic blacksmithing yesterday!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
PC is in bits, trying to use my tablet for this lol. Bloody annoying!
Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 PF1ya9F
Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 2WzQLnS
Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 ThVwS1j
Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 T6lP8EA
Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 ElKG4q0
Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 KRuRGt0

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad to see the throne is coming along and Sauron is trying it out. And that guy on the TV screen framed by the throne's horns looks like he's about to deliver a baby. Smile Good luck with the computer.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool. I love where this is going with the throne.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
The throne is looking ace! Don't forget to PM me if you need any help with your PC.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad to see the throne is coming along and Sauron is trying it out. And that guy on the TV screen framed by the throne's horns looks like he's about to deliver a baby. Smile Good luck with the computer.

LOL.. That's Dr. Daniel Jackson from SG1! He's not that kind of Doctor! He's an archiologist/linguist who does lots of Indiana Jones type stuff but on other planets!;-)

thanks!

Stryker2011 wrote:Really cool. I love where this is going with the throne.

Cheers!

Rogerbee wrote:The throne is looking ace! Don't forget to PM me if you need any help with your PC.

CHEERS!

Thank you!2

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

A cunning linguist!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
A cunning linguist!

CHEERS!

Very clever LOL!

Got the PC back together and running, I still need a new better graphics card but at least the processor's working, thought I'd knackered it! Found heatsink paste in my H-D tool boxes of all places, forgot Twin Cams needed it for their CPUs.

Right on with the throne, bare with me as this will sound odd but should work... I needed a consistent texture covering the throne to hide the the seams and duct tape, using a ballpeen hammer for a divet texture wasn't enough although I did manage to reshape the throne's seat to a much better shape ergonomically. So I went through multiple bin bags of saved material I keep for projects and finally decided to use a cardigan (I'd found outside with other clothes in bags someone was chucking out) as I'd kept it as the stitching made me think of chain mail. I also found that I could just slide a sleeve over the throne and glue it in place with no need to tailor anything at all! I know it looks like some old folks wicker chair from the 60's right now especially with the brown padded seat area LOL! But when painted black and silver it will take on a much more aggressive and armoured look especially when all the other parts are added, those you've seen and more to come...bones, skulls etc..

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 FTrXWC3

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 VOqw1tq

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 ZqQy9DI

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 TKsXhkU

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 8dajhlb

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 PyZ4tD4

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 S0qnaLI

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 LeRebtK

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 Rc6lfPh

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 Mp7Q6ED

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 BxpKBgY

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 E0a4DeB

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 DdcMRWN

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 HAPnp6S

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 NuCIaQz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Would be interesting to see how it turns out in the end.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Didn't know he liked garden furniture, still, fits the time of year I guess. LOL!

I do have a spare graphics card knocking about, not sure it'd fit your motherboard though.

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Well, damn...

That's going to look killer once you get it painted...uncomfortable as hell, but he's a damn necromancer anyhow, so what does he care about comfort? bounce

Mighty fine work going on there, sir. Looking forward to more, as always.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Would be interesting to see how it turns out in the end.

Should look the part when all the detail is added.

Rogerbee wrote:Didn't know he liked garden furniture, still, fits the time of year I guess. LOL!

I do have a spare graphics card knocking about, not sure it'd fit your motherboard though.

CHEERS!

LOL, well hopefully it will be a lot more Mordor like where there is no summer when done.
Already ordered a graphics card, should have it Monday, can't come soon enough! Thanks though.

dadrab wrote:Well, damn...

That's going to look killer once you get it painted...uncomfortable as hell, but he's a damn necromancer anyhow, so what does he care about comfort? bounce

Mighty fine work going on there, sir. Looking forward to more, as always.

There's actually a padded seat lol! But since he's not even a physical being as such encased in armour (mostly) I doubt it would make a difference! ;-)

Black now and added 'crests' with a size comparison to a 12" custom of mine.

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 LOS1EkO

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 1UvelHW

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 POl65ez

Custom - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 20 VttK0v3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum