OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 24]

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:That Palantir is looking awesome.

Thanks! I'm going to coil the EL Wire inside it through a hole in the bottom so I can light it up (it should be much more effective than the torch I'm using to give you an idea) and the flames as well in the base.

dadrab

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 UUrPlOn

Damn, that looks mighty good.

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Funny you mention liquid cooling, my CPU is liquid cooled. Even in this weather the temperature of the processor doesn't get above 35 degrees. With the stock fan, even with all the others, on a day like this it could get to over 65 which is not good at all. DIY just wouldn't be the way to go. For a properly cooled PC you have to build from the ground up with proven components. Each part has it's own warranty so you're well covered if stuff goes wrong.

The palantir is looking great by the way

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

dadrab wrote:
Damn, that looks mighty good.

Thank you sir! Unfortunately just got an email saying they're out of the 1.3mm yellow EL Wire and won't be restocking but have offered to send me some 2.4mm or 3.2mm instead, not ideal but should work.

Rogerbee wrote:Funny you mention liquid cooling, my CPU is liquid cooled. Even in this weather the temperature of the processor doesn't get above 35 degrees. With the stock fan, even with all the others, on a day like this it could get to over 65 which is not good at all. DIY just wouldn't be the way to go. For a properly cooled PC you have to build from the ground up with proven components. Each part has it's own warranty so you're well covered if stuff goes wrong.

The palantir is looking great by the way

CHEERS!

Thanks!
Well useful to know water cooling actually works, I'd be using PC specific parts and not bits of my sink for a change! Laughing , a build from the ground up would just be too expensive and cooling system is a cooling system, we use VW oil coolers on Harley choppers for example.

Added the copper and night time pics, black should be the last next.

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 HhEueHw

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 TwJqcrh

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 ZuOFHTi

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Xl4PLGh

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Rl0ju28

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

Building a PC isn't quite as expensive as you might think, building it bit by bit means you can spread the cost and take as long as you want. I was on the dole when I built mine. I started in Feb and had all the parts by about August I think. I kept to the maximum spec I could afford. I got lucky on a few bits and scored some OEM parts. CCL in Bradford was where I went. I'll PM you their site address if you're interested.

Have fun with the LOTR build

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

Building a PC isn't quite as expensive as you might think, building it bit by bit means you can spread the cost and take as long as you want. I was on the dole when I built mine. I started in Feb and had all the parts by about August I think.  I kept to the maximum spec I could afford. I got lucky on a few bits and scored some OEM parts. CCL in Bradford was where I went. I'll PM you their site address if you're interested.

Have fun with the LOTR build

CHEERS!

I don't doubt it especially as I have a few towers lying around to work with but I'm too busy building figures for now! Wink You going away or something? Just the way you added the last bit.

Well I got too brush happy even with a .00 so ended up with too much black, sanded bits back to build up again reducing the black; I've also sewn an extension to Sauron's robes and finished painting the fire.
Gone back to the Reaper Wraith to make him a cool helmet so he will stand out more, it will reflect his dragon culture.

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 M4pqVAF

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 HRIUart

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 YvgCOfu

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 9rfEiAn

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 RlAWcPB

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 QTOtnIe

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 GXqhJpM

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 V5IyHts

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 5daKJ9d

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 4h7Um8k

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 NVOTrgJ

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 AZQNPX5

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 QoJ0MON

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 HPmeA41

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 YfEkbsT

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 RFxH4Tb

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Lgt3OjZ

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Sl5V3vQ

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 FyXWvTe

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
No, I just kept things on topic at the last minute, LOL!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looking very promising... but I've got to ask... are you trying different looks out or is the wraith going to wear a headgear that is half Dwarf King (or is it Gamorrean Guard?) and half Lord Underbite (or whatever his name is on Venture Brothers)? Smile I am sure it will look good, although the jaw part might be so prominent as to detract from the grim reaper feel of the look.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I'm just playing around with parts for the helmet but I do like that jaw with a set of fangs/teeth as a visor, keeps with the dragon look and reminds me of that cool costume Mickey Rourke as the sadistic King Hyperion in 'The Immortals' that is a cross between a scorpion and a venus flytrap. Besides before people were questioning why a Wraith would have a skull even if it was a helmet and I had to defend that decision with lengthy explanations! I know our tastes don't always coincide as I saw your comment on the Pscylock(?) thread about the DC Aquaman and Cyborg costumes that I actually think are beautiful and your thought on 'less is more'. Not having a go at you at all, we all have different tastes thank goodness or this would be a world full of clones (although to be honest when I lived in Florida it often felt like one, all the main steam girls looked exactly the same! LOL); but after surviving torturous years of sitting through art history lessons with endless slide shows I think it only fair that I bore you with the actual 'less is more' philosophy. It's not a golden rule at all, it's merely a style of design promoted by the Bauhaus school of art and design in Germany during the 1920's and 1930's until it was shut down by the Nazis for promoting communist intellectualism.
Anyway.. nearly done with the palantir (again) just needs some more delicately applied black this time Wink .

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Hqdefault

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTfA5X7DegCS8SNJPxHfXMg8qKRkbNu3IQfSTXdbFvKmmZCwoH-Q

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 2NQ8cnj

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 MfVAxlD

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 VTEA163

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Aw1NZ3z

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 DACmyS6

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 474tawv

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was just curious whether you meant to use both pieces or were testing to use one or the other. I see you mean to use both and I am sure it will be as glorious as usual when finished. At present it reminds me more of Tom Hardy/Mad Max Fury Road than Hyperion. By the way, while I agree Hyperion had a good look and the film did have a few cool visuals, don't start me on how God-awful that movie is... so much so that the goofy low-budget version of the Minotaur myth starring Tom Hardy was far more tolerable.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I was just curious whether you meant to use both pieces or were testing to use one or the other. I see you mean to use both and I am sure it will be as glorious as usual when finished. At present it reminds me more of Tom Hardy/Mad Max Fury Road than Hyperion. By the way, while I agree Hyperion had a good look and the film did have a few cool visuals, don't start me on how God-awful that movie is... so much so that the goofy low-budget version of the Minotaur myth starring Tom Hardy was far more tolerable.

A minotaur movie with Tom Hardy? I've got to see that! What's it called? I still haven't watched Fury Road yet, had it for months now! Embarassed

More faffing around with parts getting them to fit for the helmet, not easy to hold them all together for pictures so they're not centred very well, I'll be adding long vertical horns/dragon spikes to the top of the helmet too. Pretty much finished the Palantir again but it's still not lighting up as much as I'd like but I have to concede a lot so it looks good when not lit which would be most of the time.

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Bq7bHCY

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 GIk58kE

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Q91chGE

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 CCnmYGw

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 2UTROy6

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 EKmCbC0

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 LlnenCD

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 LPamXVW

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 5cuIo4s

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just think how much easier your job would have been if, like the emperor in Star Wars, Sauron and his magic used blue light/fire/lightning -- which would be easier to see.

Something that might be really striking is if you painted the skull-helmet a darker metallic gray/back, leaving your two-piece outer helmet more pronounced and silverish on top of it. Just an idea.

Fury Road is great. The Tom Hardy Minotaur movie is called... wait for it... Minotaur! It was made in 2006. Be aware that although I pointed out that it annoys me less than Immortals (which was despicable), it really does not mean it is really good. But if you approach it with low expectations, you would find it quirky off and amusing.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I'd already thought of two toning the skull and helmet for a contrast, not sure which way to go though yet, probably help if I build it first! Who knows I might even ditch the skull completely. Just waiting for the EL Wire now, could do with a 1/4 scale stand as this guy is really heavy!!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
As good as Fury Road is, they're asking you to forget that the Mel Gibson movies ever existed, but, you can't. I really like Tom, but, Mel will always be Max to me.

Looking forward to more Sauron progress

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:I'd already thought of two toning the skull and helmet for a contrast, not sure which way to go though yet, probably help if I build it first! Who knows I might even ditch the skull completely. Just waiting for the EL Wire now, could do with a 1/4 scale stand as this guy is really heavy!!

I was wondering about the same thing (considering the wraiths don't show facial features unless seen while one's wearing the ring), but it would be a shame to give up on your skull helmet completely. That's why I thought repainting it a darker metallic color might do the trick and provide a nice backdrop to the outer helmet. Moreover, depending on how you make it, I suppose you might even end up with options as to how to display it -- with or without the skull part.

Rogerbee wrote:As good as Fury Road is, they're asking you to forget that the Mel Gibson movies ever existed, but, you can't. I really like Tom, but, Mel will always be Max to me.

I would normally sympathize with such sentiment, but it didn't hit me this way. It is not a remake, different plot from anything we've seen, so I didn't mind. One might perhaps say that Max was being outshone by Furiosa (with some justification, although I don't think it was egregious), but that's another matter. Slight tangent: I saw something in the entertainment news about Mel's son becoming an actor; he looks very much like his dad, and he sounds exactly like him. I don't know about his acting abilities (yet), but if they wanted to make a Mel Max prequel, they should try casting him and avoid the Solo silliness. Of course there's an equal chance they will cast someone like Alden Ehrenreich. But Hardy was perfectly fine, for another version of the story.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I think Tom Hardy's my favourite actor in recent years, used to be Garry Oldman but all his recent roles have been very bland.
Got the new EL Wire so have been playing with it doing mock ups for the Palantir shown below, I'll Dremel out the bottom of the fire pit's flames a bit to make them thinner and hopefully get more yellow light through them and finish repainting the skeletal hands as the glue ripped some paint off. You can see the extended robes on Sauron standing up now.

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 RdTu3EU

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 ZfrECA6

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 A6dxZQo

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 8ZoBzKi

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 CqyzYSb

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Go14rUd

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 NY71XDO

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 UMWVvtQ

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 6pK8OdX

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 0G3331x

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 HtdPwqm

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 P8OcGfL

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 MjG37Pz

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Daisyva

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Now I see fire... inside the mountain... Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Now I see fire... inside the mountain... Smile

Lyrics?

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 KX2t0Gn

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 98Nzk3Z

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking great with the added lights. cheers

He who dies with the most toys wins!

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looking great with the added lights. cheers

Cheers Stryker! I'll get more done today even with the damn weather and airshow going on, HTF can I manage to live in the middle of an airshow but not be able to see any planes?! All the windows face the wrong way or the walls are too tall...bloody salt in the wound... Rolling Eyes

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
It is all looking rather good!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Plodding along with the dremel, drill and glue gun mostly..

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 OTv2ADB

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 P9HAHrs

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Fsu6mBT

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Ikj45sr

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 9Sz3NrN

70% of the EL Wire is actually in the palantir since they sent me 1m of 2.3mm.

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 NnuoqAz

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 CLurhSv

Found I can sculpt the hot glue using a wet metal tool.

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 XXmT5UE

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 G4UqAFk

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 ZvqwxVF

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Plod right along, it's coming along nicely now.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great progress... but are you just yanking my chain, or did you not get it (this of all things)? "I see fire inside the mountain" is from this...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I don't follow any new music to be honest mate, Five Finger Death Punch is as new as I've gotten recently! LOL. All I know about Ed Sheeran is that he seems to be getting sewed all the time! Cool video though, that can't be official can it? Did he do music for The Hobbit Trilogy?

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Not that I'm aware if, but, he did have a cameo in Game Of Thrones.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Not that I'm aware if, but, he did have a cameo in Game Of Thrones.

CHEERS!

Really?LOL.

Finished the palantir and base/light up system. Painted the hot glue to blend in with the flames, redid a lot of black and some silver too; glued the palantir to be held at an angle of the base so it's more interesting than just a view of a flat wall. Continuing with the Wraith's helmet and nearly done build wise save for some mail at the back for the neck. Still not sure if I'm including the skull or not...

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 ZCB8MJQ

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 5bgDetn

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 T3h9l2L

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 GFN0F0L

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 7sYnwiD

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 CJpT7sK

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 CMYXGPA

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 5O0Dafk

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 VSlfexP

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 NkgFwFm

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 WRiqdEr

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 23 Xcz5xeS

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not really an Ed Sheeran fan (not a critic either), but I did recognize the refrain and chorus of the song. It was in one of the Hobbit movies, I think the Desolation of Smaug, maybe during the closing credits if not during the film itself.

Loving the new helmet. I think it's almost ironic that you've gone from basically no helmet (ok, skull helmet under the hood) to something like this. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum