OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 24]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Took me years to realise what that symbol actually was. Maiden covers were best on vinyl, especially Somewhere In Time, packed with little Maiden easter eggs just waiting to be discovered.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Done paint mostly, touching up the 'chrome' silver then drenching it all in black ink, drying now but will do the mail silver drybrushing later. Livened up the chest plate a lot with two random bits for decoration (one came from a small Narnia minotaur figure Wink ). As you can or rather can't see he's swimming in those 1/4 scale trousers! Laughing Obviously some tailoring to be done there but need the wide trouser legs for the pleated Hakama look. Just started faffing with the kabuto and menpo but nothing special done yet.

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 WGvRONp

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 R6UlCYL

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 Yp952vj

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 Ku2AcfE

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 AhX1V2c

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 CNqny1s

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 HB9ukel

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 PzLJskw

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Going well, slight touch of MC Hammer though.

STOP! Shovel time!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Looking good so far. Once you have all nine, this is going to be epic.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Going well, slight touch of MC Hammer though.

STOP! Shovel time!

CHEERS!

You bastard.. got that bloody awful song in my head now!! Wink I won't be adding giant shoulder pads on top of the armour though! Or a square flat topped helmet!

Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good so far. Once you have all nine, this is going to be epic.

Nearly there, got that giant Sauron to build as well though...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

LOL! Glad to be of service!

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 VcgGzcR

CHEERS! Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Those are remarkably uncharacteristic MC Hammer pants... where's the pizzazz? Anyway, shovelchop, your guy isn't just swimming, he's drowning in those 1/4 scale pants. But I have no doubt you will rescue him as you complete your build and everything will be perfect. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
LOL! It was the best I could find at the time!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Not in the mood for sewing loads of parallel lines etc.. so decided to paint the blue hakama black since dying them didn't work in the past, done the mail silver paint on the armour too. I need to replace and recolour all the leg and forearm guards' straps with black and do some body mods for the new tabi feet and armoured hands.

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 QDTeue2

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 S5a4Mmn

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 1nzGCQq

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 R9cdqaF

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

All looking good so far.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Coming along nicely.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Thanks guys! Done a second coat on the hakama and it's looking good touch wood!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also like the makeshift acrobatics (waiting for paint to dry?) during the build. Smile

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn, this is all looking great. The Reaper Wraith looks so intense, and I love seeing the way the Ronin Wraith is coming together. That armor looks awesome.

And that found bit of branch is freakin perfect! What a lucky find. Can't get over how spot on it looks as a big creepy dead tree, like something out of a classic horror movie or illustration. I love it.

dadrab

dadrab
I'm seriously impressed, Chop.

I look at all this glorious work and just want to throw my shit in the trash. HA.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
dadrab wrote:I'm seriously impressed, Chop.

I look at all this glorious work and just want to throw my shit in the trash. HA.

That's how I feel. Not to mention his constant drive; in the time I manage to get one custom figure made, he's made like 50!! All of them far more complex than anything I could have done.

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:

That's how I feel. Not to mention his constant drive; in the time I manage to get one custom figure made, he's made like 50!! All of them far more complex than anything I could have done.

Damn guys, that's really sad to hear! I want to encourage people to make things not give up!! Sad
I struggle too, right now I'm having trouble attaching his feet! I'm trying to use hot glue but the ball joints are so big (feet are from one of the old Cy Girls ninja cyborgs) and the ankles so thin on the Dalek Sec body that tr4ying to keep the full articulation is becoming a mess! Laughing . I'm lucky in the sense that I probably have far more time at my disposal to work on my builds than you guys that's all Wink .

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:

THIS. Shovelchop's sheer volume of complex and beautiful work is somehow both intimidating and inspiring. Like, its baffling how he ever acomplishes it, and yet it really makes me want to work harder.

http://reverendspooky.com

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
ReverendSpooky wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

THIS. Shovelchop's sheer volume of complex and beautiful work is somehow both intimidating and inspiring.  Like, its baffling how he ever acomplishes it, and yet it really makes me want to work harder.  

I've super respect for your work! Just saw your amazing St. Crow thread for the first time! Really sorry I missed it on OSW, that's the drawback of working so much on your own stuff, you don't get time to appreciate other peoiple's hard and excellent work!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Feeling like crap so not getting much done but the kabuto is coming together, need to make the Eye Of Sauron crest next. Might go for some more unusual weaponry to break the traditional samurai mould, this is LOTR after all. Got the ankles articulating and attached finally, looks fugly but will be hidden by his shin armour.

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 Jgwqriw

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 HHkS4e2

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 HveUae8

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 TD1R6h5

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 K27C0yG

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 Bge1khU

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 PNvxGfN

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good. Hope you feel better.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am excited about this helmet. Part Samurai and part gremlin, but when you're done with it, I bet it will be all classy.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good. Hope you feel better.

Thank you stryker! Getting there...

GubernatorFan wrote:I am excited about this helmet. Part Samurai and part gremlin, but when you're done with it, I bet it will be all classy.

Gremlin? I was going for demon! Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Gremlin? I was going for demon! Wink

I am sure it will look like a full-blown demon by the time you are done with it! Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Gremlin? I was going for demon! Wink

I am sure it will look like a full-blown demon by the time you are done with it! Wink

Well as long as he looks evil and can pass for a Middle Earth character I'm all good! Well about the build that is, personally still feeling rough as hell, I blame the change in weather! New bugs always get me when the temperature changes...stupid crappy immune system.. Been gently going through scavenged armour parts looking for bits that give a continuity to the armour as detail accents that take it just far enough away from Japanese to allow him a non generic look if that makes sense? I want a samurai inspired wraith not just a samurai painted like a wraith, tricky balance to get to work.
Cut out his crest/kuwagata in the shape of The Eye Of Sauron, I'm reinforcing it with wire at the back that will help with posing it too. May add horns if they're not OTT, need to spray it all black then perhaps make up my mind on that one.

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 NrvoTDl

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 9mIg0YP

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 NJI4iFp

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 JQ5oE1Q

lotr - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 M9tO3JE

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love the idea of the Eye of Sauron (which by the way means lizard or lizard-y) crest, although at this point I am wondering if it would not be way over the top (literally) and setting him too much apart from the other wraiths. But then again, you are basing this on more than just the LOTR movies. Besides, your creations end up being works of art, and I look forward to the final result.
I hope you feel better soon.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome idea, the Eye. This should be impressive when done.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I love the idea of the Eye of Sauron (which by the way means lizard or lizard-y) crest, although at this point I am wondering if it would not be way over the top (literally) and setting him too much apart from the other wraiths. But then again, you are basing this on more than just the LOTR movies. Besides, your creations end up being works of art, and I look forward to the final result.
I hope you feel better soon.

Yup, hence the word saurus being used to name many dinosaurs (including that name! Laughing ) before they realized most of them were actually birds! Rolling Eyes  Hadn't actually connected it with Sauron though, guess I was always thinking of Sorcerer or something like that, good catch! As far as the crest goes they were actually that big in the Japanese middle ages, basically acting as a lord's personal banner to say to his shogun "Hey look at me being so brave and fighting for you here! Look it's me!" of course it also said to any personal rival "Hey it's me, come kill me!". Here though it would be more akin to a crusader's large red cross saying "This is my lord and who I fight for". I think it will blend in well with the other Wraith, you have to remember the last one had a far more subtle helmet/mask than most of the other Wraith I've made with giant horns, plumes, crests, spikes etc.. If it turns out to be too big I'll just make a smaller one! Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Awesome idea, the Eye. This should be impressive when done.

Thanks Stryker! I hope not to disappoint.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum