OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 39]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Asta wrote:That is a truly amazing diorama. Some of the photos you couldn't tell from the real thing.

I know, right. And to be able to get that much detail at that size is astounding. I myself wasn’t planning anything that elaborate. And to think he even made the Rancor pit beneath it. It’s unfortunate there weren’t any further updates past the start of the pit, would have been cool to see the whole thing (I hope nothing tragic happened to make him stop).

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I know, right. And to be able to get that much detail at that size is astounding. I myself wasn’t planning anything that elaborate. And to think he even made the Rancor pit beneath it. It’s unfortunate there weren’t any further updates past the start of the pit, would have been cool to see the whole thing (I hope nothing tragic happened to make him stop).

That's a true labour of love. So much minute detail.

And the end presumably hasn't been written yet. What a cliffhanger to leave it on!

Maybe they just needed take a break from it to preserve their sanity? Very Happy

I'm more about the quick fix, using up materials I have on hand. Jabba's dais is the beginning of a diorama in itself, so at the least I wanted to enclose it with the steps on either side, which means other figures can get closer to him at varying heights.

Ovy

1/6 Drogon/Jabba Headswap would look nice.

Beautiful Dio.

Do you know this old weird music video about Jabba's dais?
https://youtu.be/sTwEVq6VtgA

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Bib Fortuna showed up today. He definitely looks better in hand than he does in a lot of photos — must be lighting washing out his “skin”. Still hope Sideshow revisits him and a Gamorrean Guard; I sent them a Suggestion for them on their site.

Skippy

A few more people have been receiving their Jabbas, and posting photos and a video on Let Your Geek Sideshow.

A couple have said that Jabba and the throne are heavy, with one claiming 30 lbs in total, yet the one who posted the video said both pieces were quite light and hollow. When he accidentally knocked the throne against Jabba it was more of a hollow sound than a dense clunk.

Either way this looks like a quality release from Sideshow.

The unboxing video:

https://www.facebook.com/Badfish01/videos/10213071194509919/

I don't know how to post the video here, but to view it I presume you'd have to be a member of the group.

Meanwhile, Jabba's little brother is keeping his place warm while eagerly awaiting his arrival.

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 100_8212

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 100_8213

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not on Facebook, so I can’t see the video. Bummer.

I’ve been searching for a cheap (but sturdy) entryway table big enough to support a two-tiered display (one for Star Wars and the other for Lord of the Rings), but haven’t found anything the right size. Probably have to build it myself; have more than enough materials to do the job, but it’ll be about a year before I can do it. Poor Jabba’s going to be sitting in his box for a long time after inspection.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Not on Facebook, so I can’t see the video. Bummer.

Here are some of the latest photos:

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 50107910

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 50333810 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 50078611
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 50397910
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 50448610
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 50849810

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Thanks for sharing those, Asta. Jabba looks great. Salacious is a little thick in the limbs, but I can live with it. He needs to change Leia’s Pose — not very lady-like. That’s quite the collection.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool. Thanks for sharing those, Asta. Jabba looks great. Salacious is a little thick in the limbs, but I can live with it. He needs to change Leia’s Pose — not very lady-like. That’s quite the collection.

I prefer the original Salacious, so will probably use him instead.

Thought the same thing about Leia. Laughing

EDIT:

Let Your Geek Sideshow told the poster to delete any photo in which that Leia appeared due to the Sideshow's group rules:

...we don't allow anyone to post customs, whether they are also promoting Sideshow or not. We catch things as soon as we can and deal with them individually.

No Custom Pieces
While we appreciate the passion, artistry and effort that goes into creating custom pieces, we are unable to legally host photos or discussions of them in this group. Please refrain from posting custom figures as it violates the intellectual property laws which have been entrusted to us to protect.

A previous poster also had their photos removed.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Figures (no pun intended... Or was it...). Considering the only way we're (probably) going to have a Slave Leia to go with Jabba is custom... seems silly to me. But then, I'm not making money off these.

Trying to fathom Sideshow's measurements for this thing, and I'm having the same conundrum as you, Asta. Their measurements don't seem accurate. In the pics with 3PO standing behind Jabba, he doesn't look all that much shorter than the Hutt himself (so how can Jabba be 13.25" high? I still think they mean he's that high including while on the throne; that's the only way to explain it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Heres a simple little cardboard backdrop that was created for the 3.75" Jabba. I was thinking of doing something similar with that alcove under the arch -- but I'd like to do it with a photograph of the actual set if I can find one without all the other stuff in front of it.

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 Img_0010
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 Img_0011

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I bought the original 1/6 SSC version many years ago, it's still a great focal point in my very large 1/6 SW collection! Well worth it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I missed out on the original — only reason I went for this one. Glad you still like yours, Alex; my SW collection is nowhere near extensive, but I figured this would probably be a major focal point, that’s for sure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some interesting comparison pics of the original Sideshow Jabba and their new one, as posted by Freaks members genghisjon & icruise:

1st genghisjon's:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 20190111
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 20190112
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 20190110
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 20190114
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 20190113
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 Receiv10

icruise's:
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 New_si10
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 New_si11
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 New_si12

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some guy on Instagram was very excited to get his a few days ago:

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 0li_wa10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Haha, can't say I blame him! :'D

And, wow, I'm loving all these pics (and living vicariously through them, lol)! That comparison between the original SS Jabba and the new statue is especially illuminating. The original is not all that bad, but the paint job, detailing, and overall *scale* of the new one seems much more appealing.  I am avidly waiting for any and all new photos! I especially love to see everyone's set-ups and how they integrate it into their SW displays. : )

Apologies for the slight tangent, but all of this reminds me....does anyone know if Hot Toys is going to make a Boushh Leia figure??? The Boushh disguise is probably my favourite outfit of hers, so I have been waiting and waiting to see if there would be a updated 1/6 version anytime soon. But since I very purposefully stay away from any and all SW news and announcements (for the sake of my mental health), I'm always scared I miss out on such things...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thy haven’t announced anything for Boushh yet. Their latest OT Leia announcement was Bespin Leia. They haven’t gotten very far into Jedi yet. I would suspect, in time, that they’ll get to her Tatooine outfit.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker, thanks for the additional photo comparisons. They are both impressive, though the updated version does seem to be on a new level. One detail that surprised me is that they changed the position of the tail (unless it is bendable, but I don't think so).

Skywalkersaga, I don't know about HT, but Sideshow made a Boushh Leia some time ago. HT hasn't gotten around to making any Jabba-related figures so far, although I suppose it is always a possible thing to do next.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Thy haven’t announced anything for Boushh yet. Their latest OT Leia announcement was Bespin Leia. They haven’t gotten very far into Jedi yet. I would suspect, in time, that they’ll get to her Tatooine outfit.

Ok, thanks! The Bespin Leia was very pretty and I wish I could have gotten it, sigh, but sadly I can't justify getting every single HT version at this point. :/ My husband has the RotJ Luke (to 'match' my RotS Anakin), so I thought that if I got a Leia, it would make sense to get an RotJ one as well. (I haven't figured out what I'll do about Han yet...)  I'll wait as long as it takes for that to happen, but just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something. : )

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Skywalkersaga, I don't know about HT, but Sideshow made a Boushh Leia some time ago. HT hasn't gotten around to making any Jabba-related figures so far, although I suppose it is always a possible thing to do next.

Thanks for the reminder -- I have seen the Sideshow one, and I do actually rather like it (unlike many, I don't hate all of the older Sideshow SW figures, some of them do have merit). I've even considered getting it and just making a custom head for it (or repainting the original one), but I've been waiting to see if HT was going to do one, first.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
The new version is a lot nicer especially with all those interchangeable parts! Great that Jabba's bigger too, is the new paint scheme more CGI or animie influenced? A lot more striking anyway. Not sure you could tell the difference with mine as he's so loaded with creature packs, guards and sycophants! Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:One detail that surprised me is that they changed the position of the tail (unless it is bendable, but I don't think so.

No, it doesn’t bend. Others had the same issue, but then someone pointed out that his tail was straight in the movie as much as it was bent. I think I would have preferred a bend myself, but it is what it is.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I agree that the straight tail is a bit odd....I wonder if they did it like that so it would work with the interchangeable 'stuck out tongue' for when Leia is strangling him?? tongue

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some more pics by icruise:

A nice size comparison pic with Sideshow's Bib Fortuna:

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 New_si13

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 New_si14
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 New_si15
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 New_si16
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 New_si17
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 New_si18

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks All for the great Pictures. A real piece of Art, i love the intercangeable mouthpieces and eyes. Great for a little story. Is this a scar on his tail ? Is there a Star Wars Background if it is a scar ?

look at this Laughing

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 Fat-ca10

Skippy

Ephiane wrote:Thanks All for the great Pictures. A real piece of Art, i love the intercangeable mouthpieces and eyes. Great for a little story. Is this a scar on his tail ? Is there a Star Wars Background if it is a scar ?

look at this Laughing

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 Fat-ca10

Very Happy

That's a wonderful photo!

As for Jabba's wounded tail there were several theories, but the most logical one was that the prop got damaged, so they decided the quickest fix was to paint it like wound rather than repair it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Awww..... that cat on Jabba's throne is almost as cute as the big frog/snail/slug himself.

And I am pretty sure that the scar on Jabba's tail is from where Han Solo walked over it in the deleted, then redone and reinstated scene in A New Hope. Just kidding, but it would be just like Lucasfilm to make something like that official, no? Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great pic, Ephiane. That’s awesome.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's an interesting solution to the stairs next to the new throne (where Bib Fortuna is standing) by Jaymig926 over at the Freaks (he went to Michaels and not only picked up a plastic fern, trimming off most of the leaves to make the Jawa's fan; he also picked up a couple of those hard foam blocks they use to stick fake plants in and painted them up:

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 3884a210
 Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 3 4f077a10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum