OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 39]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, Alex. Yeah, I would love to do more expansions, but sadly I just don’t have the room.

It's simple, just turn your garage/basement/attic/spare room into Tatooine!!

And excavate side-chambers (research Tutankhamun's tomb) to store the other parts of your collection. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

Man, I still hadn't have the time to read through this whole thread. But getting there! Wink

Harald

blackpool wrote:Mark this is absolutely stunning!!! Those first shots are gorgeous, the ambiance and atmosphere are perfect... I already see you spraying some artificial smoke to take shots!!!!

On my side, the first backdrop is ready for your appreciation in your mail box, the beast is nearly 47 inches long and 23 tall, in 300dpi the flatten image is 35Mo, the original work file with all separate layers is now 1.7Go Shocked

Here are some sneek previews for everyone (I didn't want to reveal a full view, that's for Mark first huh)

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 39 Jabba%20preview

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 39 Jabba%20preview%202

EDIT. btw about the LED light strips, they still need a bit of distance or you will get some light dots, a good option is to buy the ones already in a shell with a white acrylic cover that diffuses the light nicely

here is the aluminium/acrylic shell

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 39 Esl-profil-alu-anodise-micro-pour-led-2-00m-diffuseur-opaline

I Just get my Boba with Throne and was wondering if you still have the Backdrop Files and are you willing to share;-)

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I do. It was made by blackpool, but I’m sure he won’t mind. I’m not home at the moment, but pm me your email and I’ll send it when I get home.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Excellent!

Harald

Stryker2011 wrote:I do. It was made by blackpool, but I’m sure he won’t mind. I’m not home at the moment, but pm me your email and I’ll send it when I get home.

Thanks sooo much🥳🥳🥳

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Harald wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I do. It was made by blackpool, but I’m sure he won’t mind. I’m not home at the moment, but pm me your email and I’ll send it when I get home.

Thanks sooo much🥳🥳🥳
You might want to tell Mark (Stryker) which version you would like -- with the extra characters in the background or without characters. But note, the version without characters comes without the BBQ either.

Harald

GubernatorFan wrote:
Harald wrote:

Thanks sooo much🥳🥳🥳
You might want to tell Mark (Stryker) which version you would like -- with the extra characters in the background or without characters. But note, the version without characters comes without the BBQ either.

Good Input, actually I will try both , need to find out the "right" Material, lets see what will work in the end ;-) , Thanks for the Input

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Harald wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
Harald wrote:

Thanks sooo much🥳🥳🥳

Good Input, actually I will try both , need to find out the "right" Material, lets see what will work in the end ;-) , Thanks for the Input
If you're moderately good with photo editing software, you can try to extract the BBQ and insert it in the desolate image (which is my plan, but I haven't gotten around to it).

Harald

GubernatorFan wrote:
Harald wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
Harald wrote:

Thanks sooo much🥳🥳🥳

If you're moderately good with photo editing software, you can try to extract the BBQ and insert it in the desolate image (which is my plan, but I haven't gotten around to it).

I’m so bad at it 😂

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ll send one without the characters, but as Ian said — the BBQ spit isn’t in that one. I used a heavy duty vinyl (had to have it custom ordered) that was mat finish but still allowed light to pass thru from the back.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 39 C8485110

wookieeeee

Stryker2011 wrote:I’ll send one without the characters, but as Ian said — the BBQ spit isn’t in that one. I used a heavy duty vinyl (had to have it custom ordered) that was mat finish but still allowed light to pass thru from the back.

Hi mate, can you also please send me the background files(s) for this scene. I'd like to add it to my Jabba playset diorama.
Thanks!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Send me a PM with your email.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarWars -  Jabba The Hutt Diorama (The Viewing Frame WIP) - Page 39 1f10

wookieeeee

Stryker2012 wrote:Send me a PM with your email.
Done!

cdn_rhino

You would have started this about the time I joined as a member, and then forgot to come back as I got busy with work. And I'm just reading it now. And it's a truly amazing read.

This is a fantastic read from beginning to end. More than 2 hours of material. And worth it. It reads as a great tutorial on how to build a display. Quite satisfying even as a spectator, to see the whole process, and all the tips and tricks along the way. Your throne room is as big as my two display cabinets on their sides. Very impressive. It's also great to see how all the trials and tribulations work, just as making the whole scene for the movie would have played out during construction. And the use of a painted/printed backdrop as well... totally fitting to all the scenery painting used in the films. Take a bow sir. Bravo.

I got the old Sideshow Jabba from a friend who was getting out of the hobby, and my display is just the figures posed standing around Jabba. I can't even put the throne or Han's carbonite display into the cabinet as the shelved sections aren't tall enough. Your thread gives me too many ideas haha.

It also makes me want to get after a few old Star Wars project figures, either customs or just upgrading the old Hasbro bodies to ones that would pose better.

Your display stand is made in such a way that it would work well as the Rancor's chamber below the throne room. I hope you're able to find that statue at a good price someday, and put it below as an additional display. That would be awesome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum