OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

artist uses explosives to photograph toys

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

brassco

brassco

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The pictures turned out great in that video — but not something I’d be willing to do. I wonder how many of his toys were destroyed making those...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

artist uses explosives to photograph toys C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I think I've seen this guy on instagram!  Really does take great photos.  I agree with you Stryker, I'd imagine there have been casualties.  Still, for some of the tamer stuff like the smoke bombs, might be worth a experimenting...

I knew a kid growing up that used fireworks when he played with his GI Joes. Looking back, his folks must have had some money.  My Joes were too valuable to me to blow up.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, this does look great, but also potentially wasteful. I appreciate the commitment and effort, though I dare say blackpool and some others can achieve much the same effect with a bit of photoshop.

blackpool

blackpool
I do follow many guys that do that on instagram, it's somethign I wouldn't dare in 1/6 but that I tried with blackseries figures, just like the smoke sprays.

Actually the community is a bit laughing about this video like it's something unique and new when a crowd of people have been using fireworks in toyphotography for years lol (some with a better result by the way, firing explosives isn't enough to make a picture look good or interesting...)

If you guys want to check, here are some talented photographers using the technique on instagram:
@sgtbananas, @papa_palpatine_photography, @willcandytoyphotography, @visualforce, @scr.pics, @blksrs, @bear_trap, @3lesie, @scott.bline, @trooper_nerd...

For the people interested in adding those effects on photoshop it is indeed very simple, all you need is good fireworks/fire/sparkles/explosions pictures (can be found in HD for free at CGTEXTURES)
These pics are usually taken on a black background, and that's what makes the photoshop trick very easy as there is a blending mode called "overlay" that will erase all the black and overlay the sparkles or flames or whatever particles over your picture with a slight tranparency (matching perfectly the color balances in most cases)

I could make a short tuto if people need.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:I do follow many guys that do that on instagram, it's somethign I wouldn't dare in 1/6 but that I tried with blackseries figures, just like the smoke sprays.

Actually the community is a bit laughing about this video like it's something unique and new when a crowd of people have been using fireworks in toyphotography for years lol (some with a better result by the way, firing explosives isn't enough to make a picture look good or interesting...)

If you guys want to check, here are some talented photographers using the technique on instagram:
@sgtbananas, @papa_palpatine_photography, @willcandytoyphotography, @visualforce, @scr.pics, @blksrs, @bear_trap, @3lesie, @scott.bline, @trooper_nerd...

For the people interested in adding those effects on photoshop it is indeed very simple, all you need is good fireworks/fire/sparkles/explosions pictures (can be found in HD for free at CGTEXTURES)
These pics are usually taken on a black background, and that's what makes the photoshop trick very easy as there is a blending mode called "overlay" that will erase all the black and overlay the sparkles or flames or whatever particles over your picture with a slight tranparency (matching perfectly the color balances in most cases)

I could make a short tuto if people need.

Yes, please do make a tutorial. I’ve had Adobe CS5 Suite for at least a decade and I’ve honestly never really figured out how to do anything. Delving in to the books I bought was like going back to school, so I never really got past the first chapter. My only use of PS has been cropping images and blocking out naughty bits on naked Phicens.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

artist uses explosives to photograph toys C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for shownig ! Great Scenes, love it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum