OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Cool helmet.

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool helmet.

Cheers Mark! I can't take any credit for the faceplate as that was sculpted, cast and painted by a very talented guy on eBay some years back, so were the other ones in the pics towards the top. I did however get a hinge system working that seems to blend in with the design well and even complement it by echoing the shape. It's just parts of a cut down bionicle foot that happens to fit just right in between the two struts of the other bionicle part I used as the back of the helmet.

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 ZyL1k0o

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 66NEbRr

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 ZPRm1vQ

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 IoKGiDG

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 K6H053n

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 EpB5skG

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 KrGk6kO

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That’s an impressive solution using the Bionicle parts.

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:That’s an impressive solution using the Bionicle parts.

A bit of luck too as they aren't meant to be a hinge, the decorative disks on the toes just happened to pop perfectly in place between the two struts under the correct tension. Added his coif, hoses next..

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 TuDH2OQ

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 6k0aZRw

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 2ebwX2u

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 6UGyXml

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 MBU9iNt

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

All looking good!

Finally got my 3 Gremlins today. All 3 have excellent jaw closure, the heads and necks are stiff but I got them to where I needed them. The ears are all good, but I won't move them much. Some hand hinges do work and some don't, even after heat, certainly not going to force any of them. The elbow hinges are all good, but it took a lot of heat to free the swivels. The hands twist and some fingers aren't quite in the right positions, but, that may partly help with the accessories. One has a loose torso joint, but it stays where I want it. The legs, I've barely touched them, but, all 3 figures stand really well on their own, so I won't do anything else to them.

I'm going to leave them overnight to settle before seeing what I can do with each one regarding accessories and who gets what

Pics will follow tomorrow when I'm happy with everything, all good so far!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
All looking good!

Finally got my 3 Gremlins today. All 3 have excellent jaw closure, the heads and necks are stiff but I got them to where I needed them. The ears are all good, but I won't move them much. Some hand hinges do work and some don't, even after heat, certainly not going to force any of them. The elbow hinges are all good, but it took a lot of heat to free the swivels. The hands twist and some fingers aren't quite in the right positions, but, that may partly help with the accessories. One has a loose torso joint, but it stays where I want it. The legs, I've barely touched them, but, all 3 figures stand really well on their own, so I won't do anything else to them.

I'm going to leave them overnight to settle before seeing what I can do with each one regarding accessories and who gets what

Pics will follow tomorrow when I'm happy with everything, all good so far!

CHEERS!

If you can get a syringe with a small needle you could squirt a tiny bit of acetone free nail polish remover into the hinges to to dissolve the excess paint that has them stuck.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I just remembered I had this guy lying around, a Cyberman captain or something or other I was building yonks ago from a specific episode where a mad woman piloted a robot the size of a city...only in Doctor Who!LOL. Anyway doesn't look like I'll be finishing him and there are plenty more cheap on ebay over here, so I'm nicking his armour to see if it works on this build as it'll look way better than silver covered rubber (looking a bit like the old Cybermen!) and this armour has built in pistons too. You can see how badly articulated the Cyberman body is under all that which is why I'm transplanting the armour I want to use.

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 WeCIGH2

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 XjRCXHJ

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 S3vYIeU

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

If you can get a syringe with a small needle you could squirt a tiny bit of acetone free nail polish remover into the hinges to to dissolve the excess paint that has them stuck.

Maybe, if hadn't packed it, LOL! I plan on repainting much of them when I move. Once I have poses I like dialled in I'm leaving them alone. The joints can do what they like then. I've been cautious so far as I wanted to assess what I needed to move in order for them to do what I had in mind. The main reason for leaving them overnight was to see if that floppy torso contracted any. If it gets too bad I'll have him as the Gamer as I want to have him sitting down.

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:I just remembered I had this guy lying around, a Cyberman captain or something or other I was building yonks ago from a specific episode where a mad woman piloted a robot the size of a city...only in Doctor Who!LOL. Anyway doesn't look like I'll be finishing him and there are plenty more cheap on ebay over here, so I'm nicking his armour to see if it works on this build as it'll look way better than silver covered rubber (looking a bit like the old Cybermen!) and this armour has built in pistons too. You can see how badly articulated the Cyberman body is under all that which is why I'm transplanting the armour I want to use.

I thought that design of Cyberman was really cool. I have the Leader and Controller around somewhere. I also picked a couple of the little ones up last week along with Martha. They were unboxed but in great nick and only £2.99 each. No brainer!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Maybe, if hadn't packed it, LOL! I plan on repainting much of them when I move. Once I have poses I like dialled in I'm leaving them alone. The joints can do what they like then. I've been cautious so far as I wanted to assess what I needed to move in order for them to do what I had in mind. The main reason for leaving them overnight was to see if that floppy torso contracted any. If it gets too bad I'll have him as the Gamer as I want to have him sitting down.

CHEERS!

I thought you decided it was too expensive to move? Anyway, just a thought on the torsos, you can use clear nail polish to stiffen up loose joints if that's any help? Transformer collectors use it all the time and Gundam builders etc..

Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:I just remembered I had this guy lying around, a Cyberman captain or something or other I was building yonks ago from a specific episode where a mad woman piloted a robot the size of a city...only in Doctor Who!LOL. Anyway doesn't look like I'll be finishing him and there are plenty more cheap on ebay over here, so I'm nicking his armour to see if it works on this build as it'll look way better than silver covered rubber (looking a bit like the old Cybermen!) and this armour has built in pistons too. You can see how badly articulated the Cyberman body is under all that which is why I'm transplanting the armour I want to use.

I thought that design of Cyberman was really cool. I have the Leader and Controller around somewhere. I also picked a couple of the little ones up last week along with Martha. They were unboxed but in great nick and only £2.99 each. No brainer!

CHEERS!

Well some of them like this one show their brains! Very Happy Wink Sorry couldn't resist. Guess I'll be dremelling today then and using a chisel to get the last of that armour off, no screws on the shin armour oddly enough. Also got a rifle being delivered today so excited about that!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
It's too expensive to move to Norwich, but not to Huddersfield. That's where I plan to end up. Rent and council tax are cheaper up there, so, off I go. May is the planned time. I was going to go last year, but got lazy. In the end though, it was a damn good idea to wait as I was able to combine what I had left last year with this year's money, so I've got loads. That's how come I've got so many Gremlins. (Mega post later tonight!) I ran superglue into the weak torso joint and it's just fine now.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stripped the Cyberman down completely with chisel too, then filed down all the armour insides which took a while but wire cutters helped get the bulk of it off. I have the PKA laid out with an initial idea of what I'm doing.

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 IwnwOBB

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 TTwmM0n

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 FTox9nI

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

That's actually a cool little body, could lend itself well to all sorts of armoured stuff. Knights, Stormies, Guyvers.....

Not hacking up mine though!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
That's actually a cool little body, could lend itself well to all sorts of armoured stuff. Knights, Stormies, Guyvers.....

Not hacking up mine though!

The articulation is terrible! About the same as a Hasbro C3PO! Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I have one and there are way less joints. The Cybermen had pretty good articulation to me, as much as they needed anyway.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's it, I can't look at all this wanton destruction of perfectly good action figures... I think I will wait until the new kitbash is completed! Seriously, you do seem to manage one triumph after another, following every destructive start. Perhaps you are a reincarnation of Shiva, and we are witnessing a particular manifestation of your eternal dance.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
I have one and there are way less joints. The Cybermen had pretty good articulation to me, as much as they needed anyway.

CHEERS!

For what that figure needs sure but not what I need right now.

GubernatorFan wrote:That's it, I can't look at all this wanton destruction of perfectly good action figures... I think I will wait until the new kitbash is completed! Seriously, you do seem to manage one triumph after another, following every destructive start. Perhaps you are a reincarnation of Shiva, and we are witnessing a particular manifestation of your eternal dance.

Laughing Interesting observation! Well there is that old adage about needing to destroy to create... Twisted Evil Personally I just think of it as parts reallocation although that does sound a bit more like the Cybermen themselves.. there you go, it brought it on itself!!Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I wonder if they'd delete you for tampering with their idea of perfection!?

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
I wonder if they'd delete you for tampering with their idea of perfection!?

CHEERS!

I think the PKA would obliterate them! Twisted Evil

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

That's a scrap I'd like to see!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
That's a scrap I'd like to see!

CHEERS!

I might be able to arrange that in picture form, I don't do stop motion. Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Sounds like a plan!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I don't want him to look just like a pimped out Cyberman so I needed to find another undersuit that works with the armour and isn't full of holes either. Most were too baggy and some I'd rather keep for SW ST builds down the road so I settled on a PVC suit that otherwise might look a bit S&M but works under armour. I had to put the body on a dremell diet to fit the armour but it's now looking better and is a foundation to build on, lots more parts and pieces of armour to add, I also swapped out the mail coif for a black balaclava to match and get better coverage of the face.

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 6X31IU0

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 Uni23zf

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 PVPcF3V

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 Y5zOHUU

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 CWBUpOl

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 UJjq7IB

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 La1OSKI

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 Pj7QqES

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 ZQ65xkc

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 F3nQp8M

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 R3JCcmS

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking good! Be careful with that body though. Some of the G3's were very brittle, I had an arm snap on mine. They did remedy it with the G3.5, but, when both bodies are nude it is impossible to tell any difference, until one breaks!

CHEERS!

Peaches

Peaches
Ouch! I couldn't help but picture a guy dragged behind the car or something, LOL. So I had to go back to the top to see what this is about. Would you believe I didn't even know there were other Predator movies!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Looking good! Be careful with that body though. Some of the G3's were very brittle, I had an arm snap on mine. They did remedy it with the G3.5, but, when both bodies are nude it is impossible to tell any difference, until one breaks!

CHEERS!

I've probably weakened it quite a bit too but the armour is tight on those parts so should keep it all together.

Peaches wrote:Ouch!  I couldn't help but picture a guy dragged behind the car or something, LOL.  So I had to go back to the top to see what this is about.  Would you believe I didn't even know there were other Predator movies!  

You lost me on the guy behind a car thing! scratch Wink  There have been 5 official movies since and one fan made one that I know of, loads of books and comics too.

Trying to sort out his exoskeleton so that it hinges in the right places just using stuff I've got (blew my budget on airsoft guns). Done plenty of builds like this before but each one has it's own challenges and aesthetics etc.. Added hoses as well.

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 LbHEuQy

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 DrCUAcr

Hair band is just holding them where I want them, I'll heat treat them later.

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 TrG6vqh

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 Rq1OaZz

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 A5rkMda

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 12Tiuz1

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 VxER7gn

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 LeD8lKk

Predator Killer Armour WIP New Armour Idea... - Page 2 S1YzNWi

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking ok so far, good luck!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kerfuffle or no, I think it is coming along very well. I might be no expert, but I have absolute faith in your skills and knowledge.

ravrohan

I love seeing a kitbash come together, problems are a given, but solving those problems are part of the fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum