OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... )

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very cool. I'm glad they turned out so well. Now you and she and mini-you and mini-she (I know there are multiples of these) can have so much fun! Smile No, that was not meant to sound dirty, get you minds out of the gutter, people!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Wow, that turned out absolutely STUNNING!!! Looking forward to seeing all that you end up doing with these....

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks! The wife was pretty happy when she saw the final outcome. It’s hard to capture, but there are some really nice subtle details that are pretty neat (like very fine extra strands of hair painted onto the forehead).

BAMComix

They look great Mark!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks! The wife was pretty happy when she saw the final outcome. It’s hard to capture, but there are some really nice subtle details that are pretty neat (like very fine extra strands of hair painted onto the forehead).

I can imagine...that's a quite a tribute! And yes, the paint job seems very sensitively and subtly done. Happy for you that it turned out so well. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

blackpool

blackpool
that is so so cool! And it came out great, I love the idea, and I love the result!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thank, everyone. Much appreciated. Here are a couple under natural light, and closer to give a better idea of the nice paint work that "Mus Musculus" did for me. (The first one is with natural light & a flash; the other two are straight natural light).

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3435
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3437
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3436

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very good skin tone match too. Everything works very naturally.

Ovy

Ovy
Awesome sir! Really great sculpt and paintjob. Excited what you will do with the hair of the second sculpt.

And in my head, me you still look exactly like Darth Stryker. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Very good skin tone match too. Everything works very naturally.

Yeah, I think he did awesome. I sent him a foot from each skin tone of TBLeague’s current colors, and the only one he didn’t really feel comfortable doing to match was the Suntan, which he said (and he’s right) is too grey, and made the sculpt look sickly. I think it’ll match the old Tan skin tone, and I do have a couple that I had planned to use for other things, but I haven’t had a chance to compare them.

Ovy wrote:Awesome sir! Really great sculpt and paintjob. Excited what you will do with the hair of the second sculpt.

And in my head, me you still look exactly like Darth Stryker. Razz

Thanks. Yeah, weird how that works, isn’t it. Laughing

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Added the invisibility cloak (it only works once she pulls it up over her head) -- that's how it worked in the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon for the Thief character. I still need to make a belt and scabbards for her long knives and she'll be complete. Thought I'd take a couple quick pics with the Legolas Helm's Deep diorama for $&!t$ & giggles.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3454
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3453

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely put together. And the Helm's Deep diorama seems to work very appropriately. I appreciate you keeping the hood off, lest she go invisible. Smile

Diana

Diana
She looks great! Even moreso with that beautiful diorama! I'm sure there is a trap or secret door for her to find somewhere. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Nicely put together. And the Helm's Deep diorama seems to work very appropriately. I appreciate you keeping the hood off, lest she go invisible. Smile

Thanks. If I had any Photoshop skill, I’d make a pic of her starting to pull up the hood and she starts to disappear, but alas…

Diana wrote:She looks great! Even moreso with that beautiful diorama! I'm sure there is a trap or secret door for her to find somewhere. Smile

Thank you. I’m sure there’s something around for her to steal, as well. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She turned out gorgeous! The outfit looks excellent as well. And great idea to pose her on that mini diorama. Now we need to see both of you together! ;D

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, S. I need a bigger diorama for the two of “us” to fit. Plus, I pulled off most of the hair on my head sculpt to redo it as I wasn’t happy with the initial outcome.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, gotcha -- good luck with the re-hairing!

ZombieKev

Wow, these are great. What a wonderful gift.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ah, gotcha -- good luck with the re-hairing!

Thanks.

ZombieKev wrote:Wow, these are great.  What a wonderful gift.

Thank you very much.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I take it you are rehairing the Fabio version, not the one shown recently, with the molded hair. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:I take it you are rehairing the Fabio version, not the one shown recently, with the molded hair. Smile

Haha. Correct. It may still end up looking a bit "Fabio-ish", as before my military service, I actually did have long hair -- halfway down my back when I was a wannabe "rock star" (drummer) in a "Hair Metal" band in Junior/Senior High School, so I thought it appropriate to relive those long-gone moments.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, it was looking pretty good, so I hope you redo it and don't give up. Hmmm, maybe they should have made a Fabio figure by now. LOL

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, it was looking pretty good, so I hope you redo it and don't give up. Hmmm, maybe they should have made a Fabio figure by now. LOL

I’m pretty sure Mattel made one in their Barbie line-up ages ago.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm sure your version was far more realistic, even if it was not meant to be him. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, finally! I guess something personal like this is worth all the money.

And you could photograph the dio with and without her from the exact same position, post them here and let the community make invibility effects

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Nice, finally! I guess something personal like this is worth all the money.

And you could photograph the dio with and without her from the exact same position, post them here and let the community make invibility effects

That’s probably the only way I could do it (there photo, not there photo), but I wouldn’t honestly expect anyone to take on that task, and I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking since it would probably be a lot of work.

Ephiane

Ephiane
That´s a beautyfull sculpt. Thanks for sharing. Green eyes are very rarely and the facial expression is so lovely Wink.  I really love the reflection of light in the figures eyes, it´s a really good paint job.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:That´s a beautyfull sculpt. Thanks for sharing. Green eyes are very rarely and the facial expression is so lovely Wink.  I really love the reflection of light in the figures eyes, it´s a really good paint job.

Thanks, Ephi. Yeah, the eye color turned out really nice -- hazel is such a unique color (sometimes they look green, sometimes they look brown -- I guess it just depends on whether she wants to kill me or kiss me Razz ).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, Ephi. Yeah, the eye color turned out really nice -- hazel is such a unique color (sometimes they look green, sometimes they look brown -- I guess it just depends on whether she wants to kill me or kiss me Razz ).

Nicely put, Mark. Funny, I just had to tackle doing hazel eyes. Even looked up the recommended approximate color make up. Of course, by the time I was done, such a small sliver was left between the outside black contour and the black pupil that it was almost not worth bothering. I should really learn how to use those eye decals, although I'm not sure they come in that particular color anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum