OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 30]

381OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:03 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:I loaded my avatar directly from my laptop. I will try again though Very Happy . If no good, I will have to be patient Smile

Hmmm, I guess one can do that with an avatar photo, but maybe not with the ones included in posts. The recommended photo hosting site is servimg.com, but you ought to be able to use other ones as well. I remember there have been occasional issues with PhotoBucket in the past. I'm pretty sure other users have been able to post photos right off the bat and don't know exactly what is getting in your way. We haven't put in any restrictions ourselves, but there might be something on Forumotion level regarding flickr. Not sure. Will try to check.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

382OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:05 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thank you, rui, maybe that will fix it. BAMComix, try this method.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

383OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:12 am

BAMComix

rui wrote:
BAMComix wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:What 7 day waiting period? As far as I know there isn't one, unless it comes from the hosting site (Forumotion).

I tried to load some pics from flickr, and it wouldn't allow it. Message said, I have to wait seven days
I encountered that message, too, but iirc it was only for external links (likely for anti-spam).

If you remove the links that flickr adds from the post and just leave the actual image, it should work.

I will give it a try, thanks!

384OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:13 am

BAMComix

GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:I loaded my avatar directly from my laptop. I will try again though Very Happy . If no good, I will have to be patient Smile

Hmmm, I guess one can do that with an avatar photo, but maybe not with the ones included in posts. The recommended photo hosting site is servimg.com, but you ought to be able to use other ones as well. I remember there have been occasional issues with PhotoBucket in the past. I'm pretty sure other users have been able to post photos right off the bat and don't know exactly what is getting in your way. We haven't put in any restrictions ourselves, but there might be something on Forumotion level regarding flickr. Not sure. Will try to check.

I beleive it must be a forumotion thing, my site ammo uses the same host Very Happy

385OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:21 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 50115922557_0f68c4d6fe_c

yay! it worked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

386OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:23 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix wrote:OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 50115922557_0f68c4d6fe_c

Indeed it has! Yay!

387OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:29 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad it worked out. And what a nice scene and figure, too!

388OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:31 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad it worked out. And what a nice scene and figure, too!

Thanks! that was my old pub Diorama, I have recently rebuilt it, so it has changed a bit Very Happy

389OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:54 am

rui

BAMComix wrote:OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 50115922557_0f68c4d6fe_c

That setup looks absolutely gorgeous. Very Happy

390OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:56 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
rui wrote:

That setup looks absolutely gorgeous. Very Happy

Thank you! though, that version of the Arms is long gone now, still I still have pics.

391OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:08 pm

ZombieTestSubject

Excellent scene. Glad you shared it.

392OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:25 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great scene. Love all the posters.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 C8485110

393OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:28 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great pose, figure, set-up and lighting!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

394OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:35 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix wrote:Hi all! thanks for letting me join the forum. Some of you may know me from other forums? I enjoy the 1/6 hobby greatly and have made some amazing friends. I hope you enjoy my work, the standard here seems really High!

Good to see you here Mate! I think the folks from Kimono Station and BAM HQ might have a few amusing chats here also.

395OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:33 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed welcome aboard, it's good to see here too. I'm always amazed with the photos of your Ammo Arms diorama and it's many details.

396OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:00 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Excellent scene. Glad you shared it.

Thank you! really pleased you enjoyed the pic Very Happy

397OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:01 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:Great scene. Love all the posters.

Smile Smile Smile Thank you, I found them all on google images bounce bounce

398OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:02 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
skywalkersaga wrote:Great pose, figure, set-up and lighting!

Cheers my friend, that really means a lot! Very Happy

399OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:04 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Hi all! thanks for letting me join the forum. Some of you may know me from other forums? I enjoy the 1/6 hobby greatly and have made some amazing friends. I hope you enjoy my work, the standard here seems really High!

Good to see you here Mate!  I think the folks from Kimono Station and BAM HQ might have a few amusing chats here also.

bounce bounce bounce Thank you! I agree, the two HQ's have formed a great friendship! bounce bounce bounce

400OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:05 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Indeed welcome aboard, it's good to see here too. I'm always amazed with the photos of your Ammo Arms diorama and it's many details.

Hey Badwolf! another familiar face, It's good to catch up here too! Thank you for the kind words about the Ammo Arms Very Happy Very Happy

401OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:12 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Good to see you here Mate!  I think the folks from Kimono Station and BAM HQ might have a few amusing chats here also.

bounce bounce bounce  Thank you! I agree, the two HQ's have formed a great friendship! bounce bounce bounce

Well, if you want to to respond to my call for trainees with the same stuff we posted on AMMO, the call can be found here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3334-kimono-troop-post-apocalyptic-traning-courses

402OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:29 pm

davidd

davidd

Hey! FIELD STATION 42 on Ammo! Puuikibeach on Flickr. the_dolly_dungeon on Instagram. davidd everywhere else.

403OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:32 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
davidd wrote:

Hey! SCU-HQ on Ammo! Puuikibeach on Flickr. the_dollie_dungeon on Instagram. davidd everywhere else.

So pleased you made it here Dave, you'll love it! bounce bounce bounce

404OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:22 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:

Hey! SCU-HQ on Ammo! Puuikibeach on Flickr. the_dollie_dungeon on Instagram. davidd everywhere else.

Good to see you here Dave. There are some really talented modelers here. You will like it.

405OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, davidd.

406OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Chip Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:26 pm

Chip

Hi All , I been in and out of 1/6th since I can remember , had action Man as a kid , went AWOL when I found Women and Alcohol ect Shocked Laughing , came back in in my early 20s collecting Action Man again when I see he still had a following at toy fairs , along came 21st century and I got into the NAM figures , not much else has changed , I drift off when life and other hobbies grab a hold , but I keep coming back , it`s a very hard hobby to leave . bounce Recognise some names here from other forums like AMMO and OSW back in it`s day . Got a shout to look here from Blondeactionman . It looks quite an active forum for the times . Be nice to catch up with some old forum buddies .

Regards Chip

407OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:32 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hello, Chip, and welcome. Fell free to share your collection.

408OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:38 pm

davidd

davidd
Hey, Chip! Looks like Dal is leading an invasion force!

It seems that BAMComix, aka Influence Man as he has come to be known on the Action Man Mobile Ops forum, has been on a roll lately when it comes to recruiting new members for OSF, assisted by ThePhotogsBlog. Now that I'm here, I may as well post a more complete bio.

I'm known as FIELD STATION 42 on Ammo, Puuikibeach on Flickr, the_dolly_dungeon on Instagram, and davidd everywhere else.

My introduction to online toy and figure forums was the now-defunct Pinky-Street.com forum and later the Dollie Mixtures forum, also long gone.

Currently I am active on Figurvore, Dolly Market Forum, and AMMO, and occasionally on Dollieh Sanctuary. I've been a long-time member on Flickr.

I'm fairly new to the world of seamless TBL/Phicen figures. After briefly looking in to them a few years ago, I decided they weren't for me after reading about their fragility and the special care they required. More recently, however, it began to look like the quality and durability of the figures has improved markedly, and I pestered some of the members at the Figurvor forum for months with seamless figure questions. After joining AMMO, the influence of Influence Man and others lured me further in to the murky depths of TBL/Phicen. Still, I wasn't entirely sold on them until this happened:

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Rif2
Resistance is Futile!

At this point I own well over a dozen seamless figures, all TBL/Phicens.

In addition to my newfound interest in seamless figures, I have a fair-sized collection of "playline" dolls and figures, including Monster High, a few Bratz (yeah, yeah, I know, but the Bratzillaz glow in the dark!), and a smattering of other brands. Of course, being an AMMO member, my army of 1:6 military action figures is growing, mostly "Joe" types as I replace figures from my childhood, but also a few 21st Century figs. I'm also still somewhat active with the smaller-scale Pinky Street figures, and I have recently become involved with the 1:3-scale Smart Dolls.

I'm looking forward to exploring this forum to get an idea of what is happening in the 1/6 action figure world of today, to explore older topics to see how the genre has evolved over the past few years, and to pick up some photography, figure posing, and diorama-building tips.

I am already overwhelmed by the quality of the dioramas and customs I see on the OSF forum. If EXTREME DIORAMA were a sport, there would be a lot of Olympic contenders among the members of this forum!

409OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 16 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:52 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Chip wrote:Hi All , I been in and out of 1/6th since I can remember , had action Man as a kid , went AWOL when I found Women and Alcohol ect  Shocked Laughing  , came back in in my early 20s collecting Action Man again when I see he still had a following at toy fairs , along came 21st century and I got into the NAM figures , not much else has changed , I drift off when life and other hobbies grab a hold , but I keep coming back , it`s a very hard hobby to leave . bounce   Recognise some names here from other forums like AMMO and OSW back in it`s day . Got a shout to look here from Blondeactionman . It looks quite an active forum for the times . Be nice to catch up with some old forum buddies .

Regards Chip

Welcome aboard Chip. You would know me as "Kimono Troop Command" over on AMMO. Dave and Dal got me to join AMMO, so I seem to have planted the seed in Dal's head to join this forum, which I've been a member of for nearly two years. It's a really good bunch of folks here. Great modellers and kitbashers, and a great source for information and advice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum