OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 30]

721OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:25 am

Visisonor

Hi Urushi and French. Enchanté!

Urushi, there might be something useful in this thread.

722OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:26 am

BAMComix

Welcome to OSF!

723OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:59 am

Urushi

@Stryker2012 thank you for the unexpensive tips. I have some at home and I might try it if I don't find a more "official" solution.

@Visisonor Thank you so much. I had seen this thread but I didn't dig further, and it's a shame as the rubber adapters look like a good solution.
It looks like there's a hard one in the head of my TB League, but how do you take it off without risking to damage the head ?

#edit: I tried to order the rubber adapters from Etsy but they don't ship to France... No

724OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:00 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Hi Urushi and welcome.

Taller TBLeague bodies have larger ball joints, which are more or less standard for female heads; petite ones like this have smaller ball joints. If you use electrical tape to build additional layers as Stryker2012 suggested, make sure the sticky part does not touch the figure's TPE flesh. Whenever I have an overly wide neck opening (whether due to the internal neck connector/adaptor's socket or due to removing it altogether), I tend to use thin or thick (as appropriate) sheets of foam ("foamies," feuille mousse) to achieve a tighter fit.

Below, the head on the left has had its internal neck connector/adaptor removed and a piece of thick foamie substituted; the head on the right still has its (unusual and overly wide) internal neck connector/adaptor, and a piece of thin foamie lining it:

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Foamie10

Example of use (with no internal neck connector/adaptor) HERE.

Amazon link HERE.

Also, please check forum policies (HERE) and edit your photo(s) accordingly, regarding nudity (you can either crop or censor the image).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

725OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:29 pm

Urushi

Urushi
@gubernator Censored ! Sorry, I should have thought about it.
Thank you for another excellent tips.

726OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:03 pm

Diana

Diana
Hello and welcome, Urushi!

I'm glad you already found some great inspiration! The S44 is considered a teenage body type. The clothes for most adult warrior figures will fit the more average sized bodies like the S16 or the S10, which have a connector that will likely match your head. I believe the S18 was advertised as a more Asian type.

You can find a size comparison of the various bodies here:
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Tbl_co12

(The S44 is the same shape as the S45A depicted in this image.)

727OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:30 pm

Urushi

Urushi
@Diana ohhh ok, I bought the smaller one ! To be honest, I wasn't aware that there were standard and small connectors, so I would have made the mistake anyway.

I also found this useful chart:
https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape

728OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:51 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
You can also get those female neck adapters from one of the best Asian retailers, onesixthkit:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=439&search=Neck+adapter+

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 1f10

729OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Urushi wrote:@gubernator Censored ! Sorry, I should have thought about it.
Thank you for another excellent tips.
Thank you for understanding!
And you're welcome. The foamie way is convenient and inexpensive. Of course, not the strongest of holds, depending on the particular circumstances.

730OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:48 am

Diana

Diana
Urushi wrote:@Diana ohhh ok, I bought the smaller one ! To be honest, I wasn't aware that there were standard and small connectors, so I would have made the mistake anyway.

I also found this useful chart:
https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape

Yes, we used that until TBLeague released the new skin colours with those overview images, at which point I took it upon myself to create a more complete comparison.

Please keep in mind that the written info on that page on Giantoy is a little outdated in places. For example: Not all bodies after 12 have detachable feet.

731OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:22 pm

Urushi

Urushi
For the record (and I'll stop to pollute this thread, promised! ), I bought a TBL S48A, that was supposed to have a larger neck ball joint, based on what is written in the chart from Giantoy. And the ball was still a small one. So, to me, that chart is wrong.

I then decided to switch brand and tried a Worldbox AT201 body (not seamless) and the ball connector was finally the correct size. On a side note, I'd say that I find it also more poseable.

In the meantime, I contacted i8Toys via Messenger to ask for help, and they told me to try to fill the hole with Blu-Tack, which makes another DIY solution to fix things. They also told me that from now on they would provide two neck connectors, one for the big ball joint and one for the small ball joint. We'll see.

I read carefuly the thread initiated by @Diana on what heads fit to what TBL seamless bodies. I have to say, I would find useful a thread that identifies what head does NOT fit with TBL, actually ! Very Happy

732OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:40 am

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
Hello,

I‘m Andreas from Germany.
I‘ve started a long time ago with Sideshow-Star Wars Figures (lovely times where a Vader costs only 100€ and an Anakin 60€) and the I came to Hot Toys.
Sure, quality and gimmicks extended since this time. But it’s horrible to see what we pay today.

I collect SW, AvP, Terminator, Batman (Batfleck and Battinson), GoT, LotR, Rambo and some single Figures.

In the last years I‘ve expected that the 3rd party manufacturer are make very pretty figures, too.

733OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:25 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to your future posts Very Happy .

734OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:48 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Welcome aboard. Although I complain about HT and SS prices, I regretfully still collect, but I try to be more focused when it comes to their stuff. The third party companies catch my attention more and more all the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 1f10

735OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:55 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Welcome, Darth Hogge! I’m primarily a SW collector and customiser with special focus on Anakin/Vader (along with other key characters associated with him). Looking forward to your posts! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

736OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 30 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:15 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Always nice to see a Sith Lord joining Smile
Welcome, Darth Hogge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum