OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

skywalkersaga

I can’t answer for sure as I don’t own this one yet myself, but I would presume GianToy would likely have the most recent stock as they seem to get things directly from the factory and, being a popular and well-known 1/6 store with fairly low prices, they do shift a lot of product. In fact, it was via my GianToy purchases that I first noticed the slight change in the female tbleague suntan skintone. That being said, there’s no guarantee, and if you are concerned at all about quality issues, you could write to Amelia at GianToy about it as she does reply fairly quickly, time zone depending.

Diana

I pre-ordered one and haven't had any issues. I documented my unboxing of her here, where I also mention the elbow joint, which, though weird, has not cause me any trouble.

GeeWillikers

Ovy wrote:Some time has passed now since release and I remember somewhere here, someone wrote on this forum there are newer generations of already released tbleague bodies around which might have better quality. Anyone knows how one can find out when the product was made or how to buy the newer products? Or if they are any better, if they exist?

First off, the following is just my own experience, other collectors aren't necessarily experiencing any of these issues...

In my opinion while designs and skin-toning have been improved and/or tweaked, the general build quality of all the newer TBL bodies has actually seen a noticeable drop. This isn't just with the new designs (every single one of the three S29s I own has right wrist peg/arm issues to varying degrees) - some of the metal skeletons of the newer tweaked S20/1s and S22/3s are very stiff in their movements from the get-go, while older models like the S10/12, S16/17 and older versions of 20/1s and 22/3s are still smooth and fluid as a rule. The newer models are still articulated in the same way, it just takes more effort to get them into those positions to begin with. Although if you plan to keep them static for display purposes, then I suppose you could consider that stiffness an improvement. I've also discovered however that once/if their limbs/joints do loosen up, they can soon become very loose.

I've also noticed that the skin of newer models is more easily prone to minor tearing, stretching, 'stippling' and 'pock-marking'. Nothing too major for now though, and personally I don't mind that too much as I can consider these 'distinguishing marks' if they aren't too serious.

If all that doesn't put you off:  the design tweaks to S20/1 and S22/3 were never officially announced to my knowledge so as for buying them - unless you're buying a body as part of a newer (2019 onwards) full figure set, there's no way to be 100% certain unfortunately, unless you're dealing with a trustworthy and knowledgable seller that you can ask specifically. And even then, you'll need to identify which body type a set is utilising beforehand, as they never specify models.

That said, GianToy seem to mostly be selling newer models as base bodies now (although there's still no guarantee - I recently ordered an S23 expecting a newer version as I'd got some from them already, and got an older one instead).

rollotomasi

I went to the store and got to handle two new S29B's.
Both right elbows started out tight but after a bit of bending back and forth, it became loose but its just loose around 30 degrees from the straight arm position then becomes tighter beyond 30 degrees.
One body had a tight left elbow while the other one had a loose left elbow.
I forgot to test the wrists.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I have an S29 also and the right elbow is loose. It started off tight, but didn't stay tight and what all this is telling me is that there is probably something out of calibration with the machine or industrial robot used to make or assemble the parts for the skeleton. Only with machines can you achieve this kind of consistency. Humans never do the same thing exactly the same way twice in a row.

This also means that the problem can probably be fixed if TBLeague were aware of the problem and cared about it. They may have already fixed the problem but want to get rid of the stock that was produced with the loose elbows first. Then again...what do I really know?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think you are right and there's been some machine/assembly errors at tbleague in recent times. I say this because I have recently had some trouble with malfunctioning elbows on certain bodies and they are all of the more 'recent' reddish suntan skintone [which I believe began with this s29 model], and thus more recently produced bodies. 

Hopefully this will eventually be fixed, but I am planning to actually send a complaint to tbleague about it -- and I suggest others do as well, just so they know that it has been noticed by customers, and they can't expect to continue selling bodies with defective elbows or any other joints. Complaining here on a forum is not necessarily enough, imo...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:I think you are right and there's been some machine/assembly errors at tbleague in recent times. I say this because I have recently had some trouble with malfunctioning elbows on certain bodies and they are all of the more 'recent' reddish suntan skintone [which I believe began with this s29 model], and thus more recently produced bodies. 

Hopefully this will eventually be fixed, but I am planning to actually send a complaint to tbleague about it -- and I suggest others do as well, just so they know that it has been noticed by customers, and they can't expect to continue selling bodies with defective elbows or any other joints. Complaining here on a forum is not necessarily enough, imo...

As I said, only machines can do things with that sort of consistency. If it were humans screwing up, it would different joints all the time.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I think you are right and there's been some machine/assembly errors at tbleague in recent times. I say this because I have recently had some trouble with malfunctioning elbows on certain bodies and they are all of the more 'recent' reddish suntan skintone [which I believe began with this s29 model], and thus more recently produced bodies. 

As I said, only machines can do things with that sort of consistency. If it were humans screwing up, it would different joints all the time.

Yes, it does seem an oddly consistent error, so I agree with your assessment.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
I kept seeing these tops and leggings/tights (and more) on Ebay and finally caved. Happy to report they fit the S29B quite well!
I can imagine them working on other curvy models, too. Very stretchy.
And the fabric is robust! I don't have a lot of patience for clothing and they survived my treatment. Smile
The flash made the fabric look glittery, which it's not really, hence you get a blurry picture without flash for comparison. Smile

I then uncovered these old hollow cheap boots and found them to work perfectly on S29B's bigger feet (with tights)!
These boots were too loose on the normal TBL feet.

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 006d3e10
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 B0e25410

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice catch, Diana. She looks really good. That outfit suits her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They sure worked great, Diana, well done! And thanks for sharing. Any chance you can give the relevant links?

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Very well done. I like it. She could easily be a science fiction or future fiction character.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:They sure worked great, Diana, well done! And thanks for sharing. Any chance you can give the relevant links?
Of course! Smile

This is the top: https://ebay.us/9LkdxN

And these are the leggings/tights: https://ebay.us/4TwjXr

If you look at the "similar items" list you'll find more styles of apparently the same make.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you very much, Diana!

ppogon

Hi there,

Can I ask - cause I cannot seem to be able to find it anywhere, could you give me - and, well, general forum public Smile measurements of this figure? S29 or S28 - I mean height, waist, bust and hips?

I am also looking for the same to S04, bit I'll keep looking Smile
Thanks!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ppogon wrote:Hi there,

Can I ask - cause I cannot seem to be able to find it anywhere, could you give me - and, well, general forum public Smile measurements of this figure? S29 or S28 - I mean height, waist, bust and hips?

Thanks!

I don't know about S04, as I don't own one, but generally look here: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

I just took the additional measurements (widest part of at the bust and hips, narrowest at the waist) you asked about S28A-S29B, they are about 15.5 cm bust, 12 cm waist, 16 cm hips. With the head I have on it right now, it is about 28 cm tall (with the head in the catalog, just a fraction shorter than that).

Hope this helps.

ppogon

GubernatorFan wrote:
ppogon wrote:Hi there,

Thanks!

I don't know about S04, as I don't own one, but generally look here: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

I just took the additional measurements (widest part of at the bust and hips, narrowest at the waist) you asked about S28A-S29B, they are about 15.5 cm bust, 12 cm waist, 16 cm hips. With the head I have on it right now, it is about 28 cm tall (with the head in the catalog, just a fraction shorter than that).

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, indeed - it helped. It confirmed that those are the closest to what I was looking for - proportions. I would like an additional cm in the hips, but 16cm is still pretty close Smile
And - thank you for directing me into that post - but I've checked it before, and those wasn't there. Sadly - and surprisingly, I couldn't find a single reference to S04 on the forum.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ppogon wrote:Thank you very much, indeed - it helped. It confirmed that those are the closest to what I was looking for - proportions. I would like an additional cm in the hips, but 16cm is still pretty close Smile
And - thank you for directing me into that post - but I've checked it before, and those wasn't there. Sadly - and surprisingly, I couldn't find a single reference to S04 on the forum.

You are very welcome. Yes, the catalog is still being worked on, and these were more specific (generally we stick to height, and even that is not recorded for every single body yet). Well, I don't know about the others, but I can tell you why I can offer no real detail on S04B -- I didn't get one, primarily because of the annoyance of the seamless ankles being unable to carry the body. I had gotten the S02A and that was enough for me (though I did eventually get an S09C). Basically stopped collecting these bodies until they started making them with functional, detachable feet. But your needs may vary. Tall boots sometimes surmount the ankle disability of these bodies.

PS -- in general, the forum's search engine is not ideal; you would get more thorough results if you to search it via google search. But you're right, nothing much here on this body, apart from the catalog listing.

Diana

Diana
I have an S06. And because of aforementioned seamless feet stability issues I hate moving her.
I do love the body. The shape is beautiful.

hips/butt: 15cm
waist: 10,3cm
bust: 14cm
height: 26cm to the peg, and not including the peg. 29cm with head.

Here she is for reference:
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 Img_9417

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She's gorgeous, Diana. Thanks for the stats, I will update the catalog accordingly. I guess we forgot S06. Just to clarify, S04, S05, and S06 are different skin-tone versions of the same body, so these measurements would apply to all of them.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
ppogon wrote:

Thank you very much, indeed - it helped. It confirmed that those are the closest to what I was looking for - proportions. I would like an additional cm in the hips, but 16cm is still pretty close Smile

If you are willing to share some in progress updates on your project, or who you are attempting to make, I know I would like to see it! Heck, a question like yours is how I got involved on this forum. It is a question that has me focusing on accuracy in my measurements and posting them so that we can easily find it all.

If I may offer some advice from this still very much new guy to the hobby, make sure you are deliberate about the footwear if you are going with a seamless foot version like the S04. They don't stand worth anything if the footwear isn't going past the ankle. That being said, I use this for my S07C and this for my S09C.

ppogon

MeMyself&I - sure, I will update you Smile

To be honest - for now it's not any kind of big project - my interest in 1/6 seemless bodies came from my desire to learn how to draw from watching live, 3d objects - mainly - female bodies, and in that - mainly my wifes Smile So far I was limited to satisfayin, but reproductive drawings from comic book covers, but that's just copying someone elses style and setup. Threfore - visual help.

I find this kind of help much better than just a photo reference, especially if I wanna change something in the way body is positioned. And - as those figures are in a lot of ways anatomically correct - it's easier to set them into some pose and check if it looks natural.

This kind of things were huge help in the means of drawing a hand - so I figure - I'll give it a shot.

But that also got me to an idea - I've always had some ideas of how to dress my wife, and she enjoys my taste and choices. But there's a lot I would change in her clothes - just cannot seem to find that particular idea as an in-stock project, even in small, independent companies, where I can chat with the owner/designer (like I had luck with helping to shape a few lingerie ideas for one of such designers).
So - for it to actually go somewhere, since I cannot sew, I have to be able to draw it nicely - and maybe, with those figures, even try to make some mockups to see how it fits.

So there you go Smile If it gets to something that makes sense - I'll share Smile But since I don't have much free time lately - don't expect anything too soon Smile

And on that note - I wanted to start ordering from Giantoy - and I've notice there's some referal program, that works for both sides. So - any of you have any code I could use? Smile

csyeung

csyeung
ppogon wrote:

And on that note - I wanted to start ordering from Giantoy - and I've notice there's some referal program, that works for both sides. So - any of you have any code I could use? Smile

Try this? http://i.refs.cc/tzHm4Nv9?smile_ref=eyJzbWlsZV9zb3VyY2UiOiJzbWlsZV91aSIsInNtaWxlX21lZGl1bSI6IiIsInNtaWxlX2NhbXBhaWduIjoicmVmZXJyYWxfcHJvZ3JhbSIsInNtaWxlX2N1c3RvbWVyX2lkIjoyMTI5NjIyNTd9

I dunno if that will work. supposed to be 5%

ppogon

Didn't work... well, I suppose it's more for show than to work Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Their codes are weird. I have “reward” points that I try to use, and it never works — so I usually place my order and send a message with my code, then get reimbursed. It’s a pain in the ass, but it works.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 C8485110

ppogon

Well then, I'll try to send your referral link Smile
We'll see if it works Smile

ppogon

csyeung wrote:
ppogon wrote:

Try this? http://i.refs.cc/tzHm4Nv9?smile_ref=eyJzbWlsZV9zb3VyY2UiOiJzbWlsZV91aSIsInNtaWxlX21lZGl1bSI6IiIsInNtaWxlX2NhbXBhaWduIjoicmVmZXJyYWxfcHJvZ3JhbSIsInNtaWxlX2N1c3RvbWVyX2lkIjoyMTI5NjIyNTd9

They said they'll fix it and either give me biggger discount or refund the money - but I just need to give them your email, that you are registered in their shop with, so they can place your side of the deal ($5 bucks) - on the right account.

So if you can - either put it in here, or send me a direct message?

csyeung

csyeung
ppogon wrote:
csyeung wrote:
ppogon wrote:

They said they'll fix it and either give me biggger discount or refund the money - but I just need to give them your email, that you are registered in their shop with, so they can place your side of the deal ($5 bucks) - on the right account.

So if you can - either put it in here, or send me a direct message?

Sent you a dm. One thing Giantoy is good with is customer service I've found and pretty quick to respond. Glad to see they will give you a discount.

Antmax

Antmax
Thanks to being stuck at home during Covid I started drawing again recently, love fantasy art and thought these would make great models for reference poses.

Last month I bought a Steampunk Red Sonja who looks amazing. Bought a few sliced spartan parts really cheap from MonkeyDepot to enable me to modify her outfit. Anyway this month I got the S29b figure as a more naturally proportioned lady I can use for more traditional drawing and painting.

Figured I might as well share a couple of quick photos. I hardly have any spare clothes to hide naughty bits. So I just hung the spartan stuff on. Don't know if it is useful or not, but it might give an idea of just how much thicker and shorter the S29 female is compared to the tall superhero Red Sonja figure.

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 S29b_Buxom_A_sbody - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 S29b_Buxom_B_s

The Spartan skirt can actually be pulled closed with some effort on the narrowest part of the waist while the top will not close within half an inch. The shoulder straps are slightly small and pulled to one side but don't look terrible. I'll probably make my own.

I also have the spartan chausses for the calves. The calves are probably 1/5 to 1/6 thicker so the form fitting chausses don't really fit very well. Not in the photo because they fall off without the straps tightened.

Very happy with the figure overall. Looks more naturally proportioned like a real life lady. Actually reminds me a little of my wife (who was happy when I told her) Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum