OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

MeMyself&I

ppogon wrote:

Thank you very much, indeed - it helped. It confirmed that those are the closest to what I was looking for - proportions. I would like an additional cm in the hips, but 16cm is still pretty close Smile
And - thank you for directing me into that post - but I've checked it before, and those wasn't there. Sadly - and surprisingly, I couldn't find a single reference to S04 on the forum.

If you are willing to share some in progress updates on your project, or who you are attempting to make, I know I would like to see it! Heck, a question like yours is how I got involved on this forum. It is a question that has me focusing on accuracy in my measurements and posting them so that we can easily find it all.

If I may offer some advice from this still very much new guy to the hobby, make sure you are deliberate about the footwear if you are going with a seamless foot version like the S04. They don't stand worth anything if the footwear isn't going past the ankle. That being said, I use this for my S07C and this for my S09C.

ppogon

MeMyself&I - sure, I will update you Smile

To be honest - for now it's not any kind of big project - my interest in 1/6 seemless bodies came from my desire to learn how to draw from watching live, 3d objects - mainly - female bodies, and in that - mainly my wifes Smile So far I was limited to satisfayin, but reproductive drawings from comic book covers, but that's just copying someone elses style and setup. Threfore - visual help.

I find this kind of help much better than just a photo reference, especially if I wanna change something in the way body is positioned. And - as those figures are in a lot of ways anatomically correct - it's easier to set them into some pose and check if it looks natural.

This kind of things were huge help in the means of drawing a hand - so I figure - I'll give it a shot.

But that also got me to an idea - I've always had some ideas of how to dress my wife, and she enjoys my taste and choices. But there's a lot I would change in her clothes - just cannot seem to find that particular idea as an in-stock project, even in small, independent companies, where I can chat with the owner/designer (like I had luck with helping to shape a few lingerie ideas for one of such designers).
So - for it to actually go somewhere, since I cannot sew, I have to be able to draw it nicely - and maybe, with those figures, even try to make some mockups to see how it fits.

So there you go Smile If it gets to something that makes sense - I'll share Smile But since I don't have much free time lately - don't expect anything too soon Smile

And on that note - I wanted to start ordering from Giantoy - and I've notice there's some referal program, that works for both sides. So - any of you have any code I could use? Smile

csyeung

ppogon wrote:

And on that note - I wanted to start ordering from Giantoy - and I've notice there's some referal program, that works for both sides. So - any of you have any code I could use? Smile

Try this? http://i.refs.cc/tzHm4Nv9?smile_ref=eyJzbWlsZV9zb3VyY2UiOiJzbWlsZV91aSIsInNtaWxlX21lZGl1bSI6IiIsInNtaWxlX2NhbXBhaWduIjoicmVmZXJyYWxfcHJvZ3JhbSIsInNtaWxlX2N1c3RvbWVyX2lkIjoyMTI5NjIyNTd9

I dunno if that will work. supposed to be 5%

ppogon

Didn't work... well, I suppose it's more for show than to work Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Their codes are weird. I have “reward” points that I try to use, and it never works — so I usually place my order and send a message with my code, then get reimbursed. It’s a pain in the ass, but it works.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 C8485110

ppogon

Well then, I'll try to send your referral link Smile
We'll see if it works Smile

ppogon

csyeung wrote:
ppogon wrote:

Try this? http://i.refs.cc/tzHm4Nv9?smile_ref=eyJzbWlsZV9zb3VyY2UiOiJzbWlsZV91aSIsInNtaWxlX21lZGl1bSI6IiIsInNtaWxlX2NhbXBhaWduIjoicmVmZXJyYWxfcHJvZ3JhbSIsInNtaWxlX2N1c3RvbWVyX2lkIjoyMTI5NjIyNTd9

They said they'll fix it and either give me biggger discount or refund the money - but I just need to give them your email, that you are registered in their shop with, so they can place your side of the deal ($5 bucks) - on the right account.

So if you can - either put it in here, or send me a direct message?

csyeung

csyeung
ppogon wrote:
csyeung wrote:
ppogon wrote:

They said they'll fix it and either give me biggger discount or refund the money - but I just need to give them your email, that you are registered in their shop with, so they can place your side of the deal ($5 bucks) - on the right account.

So if you can - either put it in here, or send me a direct message?

Sent you a dm. One thing Giantoy is good with is customer service I've found and pretty quick to respond. Glad to see they will give you a discount.

Antmax

Antmax
Thanks to being stuck at home during Covid I started drawing again recently, love fantasy art and thought these would make great models for reference poses.

Last month I bought a Steampunk Red Sonja who looks amazing. Bought a few sliced spartan parts really cheap from MonkeyDepot to enable me to modify her outfit. Anyway this month I got the S29b figure as a more naturally proportioned lady I can use for more traditional drawing and painting.

Figured I might as well share a couple of quick photos. I hardly have any spare clothes to hide naughty bits. So I just hung the spartan stuff on. Don't know if it is useful or not, but it might give an idea of just how much thicker and shorter the S29 female is compared to the tall superhero Red Sonja figure.

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 S29b_Buxom_A_sbody - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 S29b_Buxom_B_s

The Spartan skirt can actually be pulled closed with some effort on the narrowest part of the waist while the top will not close within half an inch. The shoulder straps are slightly small and pulled to one side but don't look terrible. I'll probably make my own.

I also have the spartan chausses for the calves. The calves are probably 1/5 to 1/6 thicker so the form fitting chausses don't really fit very well. Not in the photo because they fall off without the straps tightened.

Very happy with the figure overall. Looks more naturally proportioned like a real life lady. Actually reminds me a little of my wife (who was happy when I told her) Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's funny how different they look posed next to each other. By itself, S28-29 looks a lot more graceful.

Antmax

Antmax
GubernatorFan wrote:It's funny how different they look posed next to each other. By itself, S28-29 looks a lot more graceful.

Yeah, I guess that's the difference between an idealized larger than life superhero we see in comic books AKA Red Sonja compared to the more ordinary physique. S28-29 does look great on her own, especially if you make the effort to pose her to make the best use of her form. I don't think being headless helps though Razz. I will have to fix that next month when I plan to get a M33 too.

You can get a lot of nice classical poses out of S28-29. The kind of thing you might see in classical representational art.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Antmax wrote:Yeah, I guess that's the difference between an idealized larger than life superhero we see in comic books AKA Red Sonja compared to the more ordinary physique. S28-29 does look great on her own, especially if you make the effort to pose her to make the best use of her form. I don't think being headless helps though Razz. I will have to fix that next month when I plan to get a M33 too.

You can get a lot of nice classical poses out of S28-29. The kind of thing you might see in classical representational art.

You are right, sticking a head on it should definitely help. I suppose it depends on the head in the end, but most heads would be an improvement. Smile For a long time TBLeague made only glamazons. The curvier S28-29 and S38-39, and the petite S24-25 and S26-27 (even if the last may be too petite for most practical purposes in our scale) are all worthwhile steps forward. I wish they put out more heads and accessories specifically for them, and that they did not take shortcuts with the articulation. M33 is my go-to male body and a very nice balance between lean and muscular. It could have had slightly shorter arms and longer legs (if that part is covered up, you could use the ankle extenders, but God help you if you try to remove them). We should totally start a topic with TBLeague figures replicating classical art -- I did a little bit of that way back when I reviewed some of the older bodies. Of course, there are subtle differences between TBLeague, natural bodies, and the classical statuary, which would preclude a 100% match.

Antmax

Antmax
Here's one with a Black Widow head. I dialed out some of the suntan on the face which is about 5% darker than the body. The S29 tan seems a little paler than Red Sonja's. In stronger light I think your brain adjusts so you don't really notice that much. Anyway, the figure definitely looks better with a head on Smile

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 7 S29_Scarlett

It would be nice if there was some kind of repository of head photo's out there cataloging things like scale and tone variance. I paid quite a lot for this HiPlay head on Amazon and wonder if it is the exact same thing as what I could have gotten on Ebay for about 40% less. Everyone uses the same stock photos so it's hard to tell which are quality and which are knockoffs. I mostly got this one for the bone structure which is a little less stylised and catches the light better for a more realistic look.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh definitely better. In fact, pretty sweet. Sometimes the knockoffs are better at matching TBLeague (which changes), but there is no guarantee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum