OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

skywalkersaga

Sigh, yes, the skintone thing.... I get that they often decide what they create based on 'the market', but the thing is.... for people out there who aren't just 'collecting' these but rather want to use them as bases for custom projects, it makes more sense to have a wider range of colour options for the bodies than even for the headsculpts. Headsculpts can be easily re-painted, or re-wigged. Or, entirely new headsculpts can be created from scratch by skilled sculptors /3D printers, etc, and then painted to match the bodies.  But there are only very limited ways that tbleague bodies can be coloured, in comparison, and it's very difficult to colour-match when doing so. And so while I totally understand that tbleague doesn't create bodies based on the section of their market that participates in customizing, it still is a rather frustrating situation. :/

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Well, technically, TBLeague IS very much aware of the customizing market. They started as a company that produced bodies first — for that very reason — then moved into complete box sets (mostly in conjunction with their partnership with Executive Replicas and GoHero. I think many of the problems have been addressed about the lack of color options, at this point in time. As the Guv pointed out, they fairly recently introduced very tall African American bodies — no doubt in response to the plethora of Basketball players that are out there. They don’t seem to be able to see outside the box, unless they see an opportunity to take advantage of exposed joints on figures that would look better seamless.

skywalkersaga

Aw, yeah, I wasn’t disagreeing with GF, rather just adding my rambling thoughts. I’m still really new and obviously sometimes things move a bit slowly and thus perhaps would seem to be ‘taking forever’ from my perspective, but I’m sure eventually things will change. I cannot pretend to understand ‘the market’, nor do I wish to, as the crass capitalistic side of this is the exact opposite of why I’m into it, and even just thinking about it gives me a headache. Razz All I know are my limited observations based on my even more limited time in this hobby so far. ;p

Stryker2011

Founding Father
For anyone that's interested, Giantoy has these in-stock already.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:For anyone that's interested, Giantoy has these in-stock already.

Yeah...I'm mulling over getting one as my next figure or going with a leaner figure to be consistent with my other post-apocalyptic girls. My thoughts are skinny would be the norm of the post apocalypse.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the heads-up, Stryker!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Peaches

Peaches
Hi ya'all, I'm post/semi post computer failure, LOL (fingers crossed this one stays alive) I'm wondering if this body is short or tall, anyone know yet?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hey Peaches, it's been a while...glad to see you! Smile

And I'm guessing it will be the 'normal' , aka tall, height, simply because the tbleague figures tend to be that as a default unless specifically stated otherwise.

Peaches

Peaches
Yah, otherwise I'd use it for Kaylee, but she isn't so tall. She was *supposed* to be a bit chunkier Razz

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
So, I just got mine. No time to take any photos yet to get an idea of how it looks under different lighting conditions, but here are my initial impressions:

THE LOOK: I've instantly fallen in love with it's look. This appears to be a whole new build - even the hands and feet are (slightly) larger and broader than other TBL models. The arms and legs are also noticeably plumper and the arms are also shorter. The build itself is, as predicted, not 'fat' at all, or even in my opinion 'buxom'. I would call it 'sturdy' rather than 'average', though - it's as close to the build of a real woman as TBL have yet achieved, but it's still somewhat idealised. Full marks to TBL for taking this direction, though. The model I've bought is 'suntan', but it's quite light, even by recent standards. For the moment, it's wearing a rather pretty DAMTOYS Combat Girl Vicky head sculpt, and I have to say it looks really good.

For those interested in such things, there is some *ahem* lower anatomical detail, but less so than either an S07/9 or S22/23. Without becoming more explicit, there is however some unique detailing (hint: note the prominent feature in this area in the promo pics). On the upper deck, nipples are all present and correct and delicately tinted.

THE PRODUCT BUILD: It might just be this particular model I have here, but it's noticeably stiffer than other brand new TBL bodies I've bought before. Hopefully it'll ease up with time. One other positive is that the neck movement seems a lot more fluid and natural than recent models (this gal can look down at her own feet, and tilt her head back without looking as though she's broken her neck!). Height: it's the same as the usual models, but it's slightly broader and thicker frame make it feel shorter.

SUMMARY: Overall, I love it and will definitely get more (certainly a pale version at the very least to compare and contrast).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks so much for the review, I’m very much looking forward to seeing pics!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sounds awesome. Please share those pics when you get a chance.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Here's a couple of (hopefully SFW) on-the-fly shots to give you a rough idea. The one thing photographing it has revealed is the discrepancy between the colours in the skin and the hands and feet, which is almost unnoticeable in-hand.

With Lighting
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 DSCN8885

With Flash
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 DSCN8887

Natural Light
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 DSCN8891

Back view
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 DSCN8896
(note the arm length)

Bonus blurry side view
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 DSCN8897
(note the foot size)

I don't think clothing her will be too much of a problem, once I decide on something (although I might have to swap out those feet to get anything but boots to fit). I really like this head sculpt on it - considering I just plonked it on there as it was the nearest one to hand it's actually a really good match. It's the first time I haven't had to spend weeks (or months, or years) trying to find one!

EDIT: More good news is that there's no problem swapping these feet out for other smaller, but more tonally-compatible TBL feet - no stupidly-different peg-sizing like with the smaller S24/5 and S26/7 bodies.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing the pics. The tonal difference is pretty much consistently inaccurate across many brands — especially between rubber/silicone parts to plastic — different materials reflect light differently. In-hand observations are generally better, as the camera can pick up things the human eye cannot.

body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 C8485110

brassco

brassco
thks for sharing the pictures, GeeWillikers! I think i know which figure i will dress up with this new body!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing, that headsculpt looks really nice on it!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing your impressions and your photos! She does look great and the minor color discrepancy does not seem worse than usual and is perfectly tolerable. Can't wait to get mine.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Thanks for sharing!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Well, I got my tax refund deposited to my bank account overnight and ordered one from Giantoy before leaving for work this morning. She'll join my growing all-girl Post Apocalyptic Pinup Patrol girls when she gets here.

Peaches

Peaches
Wow, she's like a body builder girl!  She looks strong, don't mess with her!  Very nice, I really like her!  I don't see a color discrepancy until the last picture.  Often times, it's simply the different materials reflecting light differently.  I don't think it can be helped 100 percent of the time.  She looks really fantastic on all accounts! I only wish her boobs were smaller. I had to have mine removed (I know TMA) because it was just awful, they hurt my back, and I felt were ugly as sin. So when I see these girls built that way, it actually gives me flashbacks and I really hate it, LOL.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I think GeeWillikers’ description of ‘sturdy’ is very apt. She’s actually a bit more muscular than I was expecting (especially the rear and thighs), as well as a tad more busty than I thought from the ‘medium bust’ description. But it could just be the angle, lack of clothing , and poses that are emphasizing those features. ;p

And Peaches, that really sucks that you had to go through that. :/ I definitely share your wish for the option of smaller busts on tbleague bodies, for sooo many reasons..

Overall though, I’m glad there’s a step in this direction — I mean, at least she’s actually got a somewhat more realistically-shaped/sized arse! Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I can empathize, Peaches. A good friend of mine from college: a tiny little thing about 4'6" had Dolly Parton-sized... well, you know. She had constant back problems until she head breast reduction surgery; they were still pretty big, but they looked more natural on her, and BOOM! no more back pain. I think it was the first time I ever actually saw her smile!

Peaches

Peaches
Yah, it ain't fun, LOL. But I do like the body Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for showing ! Great News.... not really plump, but better than the other Bodys. I want it !

Ephiane

Ephiane
GeeWillikers wrote:Here's a couple of (hopefully SFW) on-the-fly shots to give you a rough idea. The one thing photographing it has revealed is the discrepancy between the colours in the skin and the hands and feet, which is almost unnoticeable in-hand.

With Lighting
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 DSCN8885

With Flash
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 DSCN8887

Natural Light
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 DSCN8891

Back view
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 DSCN8896
(note the arm length)

Bonus blurry side view
body - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague 1/6 steel bone plastic buxom girl body S28A pale color & S29B suntan color - Page 3 DSCN8897
(note the foot size)

I don't think clothing her will be too much of a problem, once I decide on something (although I might have to swap out those feet to get anything but boots to fit). I really like this head sculpt on it - considering I just plonked it on there as it was the nearest one to hand it's actually a really good match. It's the first time I haven't had to spend weeks (or months, or years) trying to find one!

EDIT: More good news is that there's no problem swapping these feet out for other smaller, but more tonally-compatible TBL feet - no stupidly-different peg-sizing like with the smaller S24/5 and S26/7 bodies.

many thanks for showing ! Is it a pale Body ?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks to be the Suntan, Ephi.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yeah, the one pictured is suntan - I mentioned it in passing in the post I made before that one.  It's even lighter than we're used to, though (or at least mine is). It's subtle, but side by side, even with a later-run S23, it's noticeable. I think this is why the difference in hands and feet against body tone is standing out so much to me. I guess I'll have to get another in suntan to be sure it's not a fluke.

In the meantime, I now have a pale one on the way!  Hopefully the feet and hands are a better match.

One thing I didn't mention earlier, as at the time I hadn't made any height comparisons - she's shorter than average! The height is actually mid-way between the average TBL size and a S24.

Grumble about the hands and feet aside, I'm very pleased indeed with it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:One thing I didn't mention earlier, as at the time I hadn't made any height comparisons - she's shorter than average! The height is actually mid-way between the average TBL size and a S24.

Thanks for adding this info -- and it is excellent news! The earlier Phicen/TBLeague female figures had the tendency to be overly tall, so this is definitely an improvement.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OH my gosh, this is GREAT news!! I've been wanting an 'in-between' height for ages now!!

Also, someone tell Peaches, quick! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum