OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creating Kamiko, Part 2: The makings of a bad-ass lady.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Rogerbee

Founding Father

They've got some good stuff, including that Black Box Joi.

I'll keep an eye on them I think...

CHEERS!

ThePhotogsBlog

Rogerbee wrote:
They've got some good stuff, including that Black Box Joi.

I'll keep an eye on them I think...

CHEERS!

It's worth doing so,

Rogerbee

Founding Father

Will do!

CHEERS!

MerylAkiba

I really like how you transformed Tomoe's head using simple methods in make-up and hairstyle into something totally different. I have the same head, but I am having trouble thinking of what to make.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
MerylAkiba wrote:I really like how you transformed Tomoe's head using simple methods in make-up and hairstyle into something totally different. I have the same head, but I am having trouble thinking of what to make.

Thank-you. In my case, it was a question of searching for a suitable head sculpt that could be made to look as much as possible like my DAZ creation, and that basically meant finding an Asian head with a hairstyle that was close and hair the right color. This proved harder than one might imagine, Even so, the face does not look a whole lot like my DAZ Kamiko, but that's something I have to live with and since Kamiko's trademarks are her hair and red ribbon, maybe it doesn't matter all that much.

The Tomoe head sculpt is a very nice one in any case. The quality is excellent and the face pretty, and I admit to having something of a passion for....heel and obsession with beautiful Asian women so I would have wanted to use it even if it wasn't to build a 1/6th version of Kamiko.

Eph

Great Character and Poses !

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Eph wrote:Great Character and Poses !

Thanks!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking figure!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Great looking figure!

Thanks

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:
Very nice!

I'm guessing the high armpits on these seamless bodies must be reminding you of good old V4.

CHEERS!

i didn't much care for V4 actually. By the time I got into DAZ 3D, Genesis 2 and 3 were out and I used them exclusively.  I didn't actually buy V4 until a year or more later and quickly went back to using Genesis figures. This being said, the high, straight shoulders do remind me of V4.

Just to chime in on this in case you hadn't stumbled on this yourselves, but the shoulders are actually articulated, and if you pull them down a bit you get a lot less of that high shoulder/armpits look. I didn't really think it looked unnatural in these pics, especially since it seemed to go with a lot of the poses, but you can push them down for a more relaxed pose. Thought I'd mention, since this conversation made me think you might not have discovered it.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Thanks. Now that I've tried this, they do look much better, I think.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Thanks.  Now that I've tried this, they do look much better, I think.  

Glad it helped! I was reluctant to buy a phicen originally because the shoulders were so high in all their original market materials. But a friend picked one up, and realized how posable even he shoulders were. I actually think the shoulder and hip articulation is a big part of how you can get such natural poses with these bodies. Again, the more hunched shoulders actually fit in most of these shots, but that extra posability does open up a lot too.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Kamiko looks amazing in these early pics, but then again, I think she would probably look good in anything!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix wrote:Kamiko looks amazing in these early pics, but then again, I think she would probably look good in anything!

Yeah, but here her hair is a mess in these pics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum