OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom furniture from 1:1 item

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Custom furniture from 1:1 item Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:46 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
A few days ago I inquired about posting a repurposed 1:1 item in another thread, at that time I was thinking just a couple of photos
a before and after of after of my display case then later I thought I would just to wait and take some new photos of it when I update Ada's
office someday but like GF said "as others could presumably get ideas by seeing what you did with that jewelry case" so I thought I would
post the whole series here.

Ada's newest piece of furniture a display case for her DC Comics figures & weapons. An old jewelry box that I found at a second hand store for $15.00.

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71CsGxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71CDdxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71CgdxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71C5FxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71L2qxAChVkHosted on Fotki
A very rough mock up.

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71LJrxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71LQyxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71LfVxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71LsqxAChVkHosted on Fotki
A couple of 12 inch figures for size comparison.

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71LmWxAChVkHosted on Fotki
The silver metallic shelf liner.

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71LWgxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71goFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71gJnxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71gwdxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71gDrxAChVkHosted on Fotki
The cabinet all finished and ready to go.

Introducing Mercy Dante, Ada's Second in Command, Mercy is a strange name for her because she will never show any.

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2J71gWjxAChVkHosted on Fotki
The display case in Ada's office.

Thanks for looking

Comments are welcomed

Bad Wolf

#custom #furniture #female #fantasy #phicen #diorama

2furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
No kidding, BAD WOLF, that thing really does look like a large display cabinet in sixth-scale! Very nice find. Thanks for sharing.

3furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:20 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I remember this. So cool. Love that your 1/6 have "1/6 figures" of their own.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item C8485110

4furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:00 am

Fox915

Fox915
I remember this awesome cabinet back at the old place, loved it then, still loving it now. I just loved those mini figures, and just like Stryker said, it's so cool that your figures have their own figures.

5furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 am

Kukolka

Kukolka
Nice! I've seen in person jewelry cases that would almost work for a wardrobe, from the front, but the depth would overcrowd the scene. You found a winner! Even the feet are in scale. This looks great with the mini figs inside. I still need to find a shelf for my 1/6 display Nano Metalfigs. What figs are the even smaller ones on the top shelf?

https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

6furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:41 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Thank you my friends it's very much appreciated, I'm glad you liked it.

GubernatorFan wrote:No kidding, BAD WOLF, that thing really does look like a large display cabinet in sixth-scale! Very nice find. Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome and Thank you for encouraging me to post it, as I recall I was inspired by someone else's work a few years ago over at OSW.

Stryker2011 wrote:I remember this. So cool. Love that your 1/6 have "1/6 figures" of their own.

You know I think I was inspired by someone else's 1/6 figures having their own figures.

Fox915 wrote:I remember this awesome cabinet back at the old place, loved it then, still loving it now. I just loved those mini figures, and just like Stryker said, it's so cool that your figures have their own figures.

Kukolka wrote:Nice! I've seen in person jewelry cases that would almost work for a wardrobe, from the front, but the depth would overcrowd the scene. You found a winner! Even the feet are in scale. This looks great with the mini figs inside. I still need to find a shelf for my 1/6 display Nano Metalfigs. What figs are the even smaller ones on the top shelf?

I literally looked at thousands of jewelry boxes on eBay and like you said the depth would overcrowd the scene, I think I lucked out when I
found this one, I know exactly what you mean about the Nano Metalfigs there great and I'm now planning to replace the top shelf mini
figures with the Nano Metalfigs now. I there is one. (see photo below) Here is a early preview of a upcoming
photo shoot.

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2JYk3prxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Update: there is one that comes up to the elbow of a Mighty Mines figure (top shelf) but it's a game piece from Heroclix.

https://www.trollandtoad.com/p1090618.html

Here she is with 1/6 Wonder Woman. (after I very carefully pried the base off)

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2usP418xAChVkHosted on Fotki

7furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:52 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
What a great find! It look perfect with the shelves in there. And I agree with you, Heroclix make perfect scale figures for your figures.

8furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
ReverendSpooky wrote:What a great find!  It look perfect with the shelves in there.  And I agree with you, Heroclix make perfect scale figures for your figures.  

The cabinet looks quite perfect, it's as good as it gets in using a 1:1 jewelry cabinet for 1:6 totally credibly without any dimension seeming off.

Heroclix are great.  Don't forget their other limited but very fun possible 1:6 purpose, putting Ant-Man or the Wasp on Iron's shoulder, or the Atom with DC figures, things like that.

As you've done here Badwolf, Nano Mini Metalfigs are great too for the purpose of giving 1:6 figures their own toys to own.  For those not in the know they also make Harry Potter, WWE and Disney characters.  As far as DC goes, you're gonna wanna get one more Badwolf if you come across it.  I'm an idiot because I only bought one and left a spare behind, and haven't seen one since.  Plus twice an idiot, because I've since misplaced it, but I do have it somewhere.  I'm talking about my favorite Nano Mini Metalfig being quite specifically a '66 Adam West Batman.  That one only comes as a single, it isn't found in the six-packs.

9furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:59 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I remember this too.

One of my favorites.

10furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:47 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
ReverendSpooky wrote:What a great find!  It look perfect with the shelves in there.  And I agree with you, Heroclix make perfect scale figures for your figures.  

Thank you.

11furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:02 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:

The cabinet looks quite perfect, it's as good as it gets in using a 1:1 jewelry cabinet for 1:6 totally credibly without any dimension seeming off.

Heroclix are great.  Don't forget their other limited but very fun possible 1:6 purpose, putting Ant-Man or the Wasp on Iron's shoulder, or the Atom with DC figures, things like that.

As you've done here Badwolf, Nano Mini Metalfigs are great too for the purpose of giving 1:6 figures their own toys to own.  For those not in the know they also make Harry Potter, WWE and Disney characters.  As far as DC goes, you're gonna wanna get one more Badwolf if you come across it.  I'm an idiot because I only bought one and left a spare behind, and haven't seen one since.  Plus twice an idiot, because I've since misplaced it, but I do have it somewhere.  I'm talking about my favorite Nano Mini Metalfig being quite specifically a '66 Adam West Batman.  That one only comes as a single, it isn't found in the six-packs.

Thank you, that a cool idea with the Heroclix figures, thanks for the heads up on the Nano Metalfigs Classic TV Batman, I looked at my collection
last night and I have 4 other Batman figures but not that one and I think there is still another WW figure I'm still looking for too.

12furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:09 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
DeltaForceChung wrote:I remember this too.

One of my favorites.

Thank you, I really should get back to Ada's office diorama sometime. (it's been dismantled except for the floor)

13furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:32 pm

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Thank you, that a cool idea with the Heroclix figures, thanks for the heads up on the Nano Metalfigs Classic TV Batman, I looked at my collection last night and I have 4 other Batman figures but not that one and I think there is still another WW figure I'm still looking for too.

You gave me a timely reminder about the Nano Metalfig minis.  I only have a few and I probably let some good ones get away.  I just realized their website has a checklist:  here it is showing that very distinctive Adam West Batman  http://metalsdiecast.com/wp-content/uploads/NanoMetalfigs-DC-w2-Batman-ClassicTVSeries-01-1030x687.jpg  Unlike 1/6 figures, they don't need to reuse a standard body for cost savings, so this Batman is actually slightly chubby.  I wouldn't mind having 3 of him -- one in package, one out of package, and here's the good part, I'd love to print out a 1/6 scale 1967 IDEAL Captain Action Batman package and put him inside.

What's the WW you're looking for, so I can keep an eye out?  The selection in Canada seems limited (lots on the web site that I've never seen) but you never know.

14furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:24 am

brassco

brassco
that's a pretty cool concept - miniature within miniature world. The miniature figures are what, 1/36th?

15furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty UPDATED ON 4/30/2018 Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:39 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Thank you, that a cool idea with the Heroclix figures, thanks for the heads up on the Nano Metalfigs Classic TV Batman, I looked at my collection last night and I have 4 other Batman figures but not that one and I think there is still another WW figure I'm still looking for too.

You gave me a timely reminder about the Nano Metalfig minis.  I only have a few and I probably let some good ones get away.  I just realized their website has a checklist:  here it is showing that very distinctive Adam West Batman  http://metalsdiecast.com/wp-content/uploads/NanoMetalfigs-DC-w2-Batman-ClassicTVSeries-01-1030x687.jpg  Unlike 1/6 figures, they don't need to reuse a standard body for cost savings, so this Batman is actually slightly chubby.  I wouldn't mind having 3 of him -- one in package, one out of package, and here's the good part, I'd love to print out a 1/6 scale 1967 IDEAL Captain Action Batman package and put him inside.

What's the WW you're looking for, so I can keep an eye out?  The selection in Canada seems limited (lots on the web site that I've never seen) but you never know.

Thanks for keeping a look out for the WW DC38, here are some newer photos of the Nano Metalfigs, I just updated the photos and hopefully these photos are a little better quality, I still need to buy a new lens. I hope you can still figure out who some of them are?

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2Js14kLxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2Js14igxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2Js14DWxAChVkHosted on Fotki

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item 2v2Js144GxAChVkHosted on Fotki

16furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:45 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
brassco wrote:that's a pretty cool concept - miniature within miniature world. The miniature figures are what, 1/36th?

Thank you, unfortunately I don't know what scale the miniature figures are sorry.

17furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:05 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s quite the little army. I’m pretty sure I’m able to identify most of them except the guy in the front row middle next to Luther (with the orange sphere).

Plenty of toys for your ladies to play with when you’re not looking (much like their seruptitious use of your computer).

18furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s quite the little army. I’m pretty sure I’m able to identify most of them except the guy in the front row middle next to Luther (with the orange sphere).

Plenty of toys for your ladies to play with when you’re not looking (much like their seruptitious use of your computer).

Thank you, I finally found him (his name) that's Marvel Green Goblin, I had him on the wrong shelf he should have been on the top with the other Marvel figures.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MARVEL-5-FIG-EXCLUSIVE-SET-NANO-METALFIGS-VULTURE-GREEN-GOBLIN-BLK-SPIDERMAN/323175419893?hash=item4b3ec18ff5:g:uxsAAOSw2DBau6m-

Yep they know how to play.

19furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:35 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ohh. Yeah. Now I see it. I guess that was why I was confused. I thought at first he might be another member of the Green Lantern Corps, but the orange ball was throwing me.

20furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:28 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Heroclix are great.  Don't forget their other limited but very fun possible 1:6 purpose, putting Ant-Man or the Wasp on Iron's shoulder, or the Atom with DC figures, things like that.

That's brilliant! I totally hadn't thought of that. May need to see if I can dig up some Ant man ones now.

http://reverendspooky.com

21furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 am

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Thanks for the display. It's also useful because I was wondering if their website http://metalsdiecast.com was a complete list, and it looks like all those in your set (and all that I remember seeing at the store) are included on the website. It's kind of overkill too -- they have a 7 picture + 1 video portfolio for every $1, non-movable figure.

22furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:41 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:Ohh. Yeah. Now I see it. I guess that was why I was confused. I thought at first he might be another member of the Green Lantern Corps, but the orange ball was throwing me.

When I did the photo shoot I was think he was a DC Comics characters instead of Marvel.

23furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:50 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:.
Thanks for the display.  It's also useful because I was wondering if their website http://metalsdiecast.com was a complete list, and it looks like all those in your set (and all that I remember seeing at the store) are included on the website.  It's kind of overkill too -- they have a 7 picture + 1 video portfolio for every $1, non-movable figure.

Your welcome and thanks for the link, now looking back on that photo shoot I really should have just used one shelf (second) and 9 figures
at a time.

24furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:48 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
It takes me half a day to make a mini bookcase so I started looking around for something that was premade and not too expensive. I think these bamboo cutlery trays will do the job.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Expandable-Cutlery-Bamboo-Drawer-Organizer-Cutlery-Tray-Kitchen-Storage-Cutlery/123308513499

furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item S-l1600

My plan is to turn it on its side and to glue a shelf in the vertical void. Should turn out ok.

25furniture - Custom furniture from 1:1 item Empty Re: Custom furniture from 1:1 item Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:56 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Brilliant find, shazzdan! Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum