OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

I am soooo torn. A seriously gorgeous figure that I'd be sad to miss out on, and yet I hesitate as I really have had no plans to collect LotR figures at this point. I have too many other projects and collecting interests that I need to focus on. Argh, decisions...

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Well, I just POd this guy. Couldn't resist. I was planning to wait for the Head Sculpt only option, as I already have the first version (and for those of us who have it, we could do that), but there's just too many really cool features with this one -- not least of which is the head sculpt with full real hair and beard, but moveable eyes as well. I guess when the put up the head sculpt by itself, I can always get that as well -- and have two GtG figures for different display options. And $20.00 deposit isn't going to break the bank right now, anyway.

For anyone teetering on the fence, I'll remind you that these are going to be VERY limited -- and right now, they are only being sold on Asmus's website. The original GtG only had 1500 released worldwide -- I would imagine these won't come close to that. Another thing to consider -- eBay prices will go insane once the pre-order window is closed. I'm not trying to talk anyone into getting this, but if you like it and really want it... well... you know the rest.

FreakinLobster

Stryker2011 wrote:Well, I just POd this guy. Couldn't resist. I was planning to wait for the Head Sculpt only option, as I already have the first version (and for those of us who have it, we could do that), but there's just too many really cool features with this one -- not least of which is the head sculpt with full real hair and beard, but moveable eyes as well. I guess when the put up the head sculpt by itself, I can always get that as well -- and have two GtG figures for different display options. And $20.00 deposit isn't going to break the bank right now, anyway.

For anyone teetering on the fence, I'll remind you that these are going to be VERY limited -- and right now, they are only being sold on Asmus's website. The original GtG only had 1500 released worldwide -- I would imagine these won't come close to that. Another thing to consider -- eBay prices will go insane once the pre-order window is closed. I'm not trying to talk anyone into getting this, but if you like it and really want it... well... you know the rest.

I hate you, Stryker... I hate you so much... Mad

PO done. Hope you're happy.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I just noticed it for preorder at Big Bad Toy Store for $330. They are the ones that have the flat-rate $4 shipping (within the US, I suppose).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

blackpool

blackpool
Double dose of hate to you Stryker Twisted Evil Laughing That's one phenomenal grab, gratz!

skywalkersaga wrote:I am soooo torn. A seriously gorgeous figure that I'd be sad to miss out on, and yet I hesitate as I really have had no plans to collect LotR figures at this point. I have too many other projects and collecting interests that I need to focus on. Argh, decisions...

Exactly my thought... We must be strong, I help you stay in your galaxy far away, and you keep me away from the middle earth Laughing

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
GubernatorFan wrote:I just noticed it for preorder at Big Bad Toy Store for $330. They are the ones that have the flat-rate $4 shipping (within the US, I suppose).

W8, what? How are they selling it cheaper than Asmus itself? 0o

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Good to know BBTS at least got it. Asmus’s price includes worldwide shipping.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure - Page 2 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
By the way, I feel anyone’s pain about getting this. But aside from the OT Star Wars trilogy, this is my next favorite (equal) trilogy.

movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure - Page 2 C8485110

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Stryker2011 wrote:Good to know BBTS at least got it. Asmus’s price includes worldwide shipping.

So does these USD350 include worldwide shipping already? Awesome.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Good to know BBTS at least got it. Asmus’s price includes worldwide shipping.

Yes, it does. Very Happy

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Stryker2011 wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:

Yes, it does. Very Happy

I hate you a little bit less now...

movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure - Page 2 1025836

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:

Yes, it does. Very Happy

I hate you a little bit less now...

movie - NEW PRODUCT: ASMUS TOYS THE CROWN SERIES : GANDALF THE GREY 1/6 figure - Page 2 1025836

Twisted Evil

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

This does look really good. It's surprising how this series has endured considering that Return of the King came out in 2003. Yep, it really has been that long!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Received & paid my invoice from Asmus for this. Now the wait for shipping begins.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, I had almost forgotten about it... Thanks for the news, and good luck, Mark.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Fingers crossed it ships to you soon!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Hope for some nice pics Smile

Good news

Delanie

Delanie
I'm still waiting for my invoice, the last thing I heard was Gandalf to be released in February (partially) and Galadriel in March both 2021 , that was an email from asmus but the website says Q3 21 for gandalf or it did last time I looked

It's annoying because I really cant buy anything else until these clear. Still the wait should be worth it

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh wow, that has to be the best hairing job I’ve ever seen on a factory made fig!
(Also yes, FOTR turns twenty this year which is terrifying! It feels like only yesterday I saw it at the cinema for the first time and was simply blown away.)

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
shazzdan wrote:
I blame this forum; you guys are a bad influence.
lol! I agree

Stryker2011 wrote:but moveable eyes as well.
\
Is that reall practical though? I'd think that alining them correctly would be a pain.
Lynkhart wrote:Oh wow, that has to be the best hairing job I’ve ever seen on a factory made fig!
Indeed. If the product turns out like the promopics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum