OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Gift

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 03, 2021 5:34 am

Diana

OMG they are SO CUTE!!! Awwww... so sweet these two. And such great use of FaceApp especially in these last few photos. And such natural posing! Completely believable. <3

52The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 03, 2021 6:20 am

TravelGuide

Groot fits in perfectly. I love the pictures!

53The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 03, 2021 7:09 am

tankgirlfuzzy

This is so great! I missed the original thread but I'm glad it's back and you've made Groot even better. I love how you bring so much life to him with the addition of all the little plant bits, and the new joints are seamlessly integrated and work perfectly! And the glass eyes!  Shocked And yes, the two are adorable together. Brava Ephiane!

54The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 03, 2021 9:45 am

blackpool

what a lovely couple, I love seeing the result next to the inspiration pics of the swamp guy... Fascinating work. Thanks a lot for sharing Eph!!!

55The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 03, 2021 3:08 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Glass eyes! Great investion. He really looks like a living thing now

And faceapp works with animals, nice. Razz

Some years ago I cast nails in Resin and painted them like Eyes from the inside and then put them on trees so they can see.

56The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Tue May 04, 2021 4:42 pm

Annalise

Annalise
Great photos! The way Groot blends in with his surroundings looks so real! Well done.

57The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Fri May 07, 2021 4:07 am

Illusion

Illusion
Totally amazing
Wonderful pictures and stunning modifications... changing the elbow joints... oh my ....

Can't believe I still haven't made it into the woods with my big Groot.... it is always Baby Groot coming to my mind for taking outside - but I keep thinking "next time". The usual company doesnotcare for lingering whilst pics of figures are taken Sad

58The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 10, 2021 11:28 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Stryker2011 wrote:I love these new shots. They look so adorable together. Excellent photos, Ephi.

Thank You very much, Stryker.

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, they look absolutely adorable. And Groot fits in with the forest trees beautifully, he's just a lot younger than them, apparently. Smile You do an excellent job posing your figures realistically, not to mention bravely in the middle of the natural environment. And I'm totally stealing the first photo for backdrop purposes, just so you know. Smile

Thanks Gube. Who will know how old a Groot is ? If You aks him, we will know his answer  Laughing You can´t steal my pictures, they are just impressions of things i´ve seen. Everyone feels free to use my pictures for what ever he/ she wants to do with it.  Wink

Diana wrote:OMG they are SO CUTE!!! Awwww... so sweet these two. And such great use of FaceApp especially in these last few photos. And such natural posing! Completely believable. <3

Thank You very much, Di .

TravelGuide wrote:Groot fits in perfectly. I love the pictures!

Thank You Trav. Glad You like it.

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:This is so great! I missed the original thread but I'm glad it's back and you've made Groot even better. I love how you bring so much life to him with the addition of all the little plant bits, and the new joints are seamlessly integrated and work perfectly! And the glass eyes!  Shocked And yes, the two are adorable together. Brava Ephiane!

Thank You Fuzzy. Look at Your work is the same pleasure to me.

blackpool wrote:what a lovely couple, I love seeing the result next to the inspiration pics of the swamp guy... Fascinating work. Thanks a lot for sharing Eph!!!

Thanks Pool, this forum is full of inspiration to me.

Ovy wrote:Glass eyes! Great investion. He really looks like a living thing now

And faceapp works with animals, nice. Razz

Some years ago I cast nails in Resin and painted them like Eyes from the inside and then put them on trees so they can see.

Awww, the Woods. I love it. Like to see pictures of Your watching trees.  Very Happy  Every Year i " save " some of the thousands of acorns on the ground. If they are grown up with sun and water i bring them back into the forrest. When i´m gone there will be many germa... ehm... ehpland Oak trees still there i help to grow up. Some Oak trees the boars can´t eat when they are just acorns. This one Groot has here is strong enough to go back to the forrest. I collect it as a acron two months ago

The Gift - Page 3 00421

Annalise wrote:Great photos! The way Groot blends in with his surroundings looks so real! Well done.

Thank You very much, Anna.

Illusion wrote:Totally amazing
Wonderful pictures and stunning modifications... changing the elbow joints... oh my ....

Can't believe I still haven't made it into the woods with my big Groot.... it is always Baby Groot coming to my mind for taking outside - but I keep thinking "next time". The usual company doesnotcare for lingering whilst pics of figures are taken Sad

Thank You Illusion. I really like to see pictures of Your Groot . There are so many fantastic glas eyes. I think it was 6mm eyes i used for the mod. You can get them for 2.99 $  Smile

The Gift - Page 3 Efcoti10

59The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 10, 2021 1:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm delighted you are replanting oaks while having fun in the forest. Do you just put the acorns in some water and wait for them to sprout? Groot looks great ready to replant, and I hope you take some "footage" of him doing that when you are ready to do so. By the way, this photo really shows the excellent quality of your glass eye swap. It took both guts and skill to pull it off, but it paid off big time.

60The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Wed May 12, 2021 12:15 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Ephiane wrote:

Thank You Illusion. I really like to see pictures of Your Groot . There are so many fantastic glas eyes. I think it was 6mm eyes i used for the mod. You can get them for 2.99 $  Smile

The Gift - Page 3 Efcoti10

No way I would dare to mess with the eyes of any figure, be it colour or glass  Laughing
(esp. as mine is the original Hot Toys...)

So far, only Baby Groot has been in the woods (pics here in the „non-sixth-scale section :
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3841-hot-toys-life-size-baby-groot-walkman-27-april )

Big Groot has only been in our garden, but I think you have seen those already... not sure though... The Gift - Page 3 Smilie_denk_09

61The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Wed May 12, 2021 6:35 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my goodness, I hadn't seen these most recent photos! They are amazing! Groot blends in so well with the bark and moss. The poses and interactions with the environmental are phenomenal.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

62The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Fri May 14, 2021 5:02 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Well

The first ones before I used resin are made of polymer clay und look a bit weird.
The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190516-153736-3

This one is in London actually, Kensigton Park. I doubt they are still there.
The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190523-091917-3

The Gift - Page 3 06

Then I switched to resin, the eyes were the first things I cast in resin. A drop of black colored resin first, let it cure , put a nail in there, then a transparent layer, and then paint the backside.

The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190826-173419

The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190821-141013

The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190823-164938

The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190823-173505

The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190823-173607

The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190601-202732

My travel companion lending his hands
The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190820-115150

The Gift - Page 3 18

The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190820-132128

Surprised
The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190822-115136N

The Gift - Page 3 IMG-20190821-153829

The Gift - Page 3 IMG_20190823_112210

There are tons more but I don't want to spam your thread haha.

63The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Fri May 14, 2021 5:16 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Haha, those are adorable, Ovy. :'D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

64The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Fri May 14, 2021 5:24 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You guys are incorrigible! I love it! What's with all those hungry trees (which were so badly in need of eyes)?

65The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Fri May 14, 2021 10:44 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I find the little Warg to be funny, the eyes and mouth that is, cute little doggy.

Ovy's eye-fication of trees is funny, I've done something similar in a less artistic way by sticking googly eyes on random objects, some folk can't stand them for some reason.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Gift - Page 3 1f60e

66The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Sun May 16, 2021 2:25 am

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Haha, those are adorable, Ovy. :'D

agreeeeee I love you I love you

67The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Sun May 16, 2021 6:03 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hilarious shots, Ovy. I wonder how many people passing by actually noticed them...? Very creative.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Gift - Page 3 C8485110

68The Gift - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gift Sun May 16, 2021 6:18 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic Ovy. I´m everday in the woods and see so many "faces " in trees. Maybe that´s because i´m deranged Laughing I really love that pictures You can see how the nature is coopt something. Like a fallen tree that is full of moss within a month. Or like the iron railing in Your pictures. Nature strikes back Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum