OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Gift

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 am

MerylAkiba

Thanks Ephiane, I will! Hope you found a sweet roll or a fruit pie! Just finished binge-watching. The Animated show is totally different than the Movie version, except the main five, Ronan, Nebula, Howard the Duck,and Korath are suppose to resemble the movie, also there are some themes kids won't get: Gamora hates MacArthur Park Suite by Donna Summer, SuperGiant use to date Peter Quill, all the Guardians are bad with money. The entire show is meh for more ideas to create creatures

The only inspiration I got is to make Wraith, Titus, Ja Kyee Lrurt, Warlock, or Angela.

Wraith is pretty much a Goth-Boba Fett-Spaghetti Western bounty hunter who cannot die and hates Rocket. So I might start with him.

The Gift - Page 2 Latest?cb=20160627125504

27The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:13 am

Ephiane

Awww, really can´t live with that fact, Gube did a better Eye repaint job Laughing
The only way to beat him was by  useing glas eyes. I insert glas eyes to Groot and give some double ellbow joint arms to him. Really like to do some shots in the forrest outdoors. Maybe later. I was inspired by Michael, who show the fantastic swamp creature to us.
Thanks for watching

cheers
Eph

The Gift - Page 2 00419
The Gift - Page 2 00514
The Gift - Page 2 00620
The Gift - Page 2 00314
The Gift - Page 2 00118
The Gift - Page 2 00221

28The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:42 am

Chip

Great post , love your Groot figure , and I am just getting into Barbarians , so like your female Barbarian too , very skilled work all round , and great set of photos to boot . Well done .

29The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:38 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Holy cow this looks awesome! Beautiful job on the eyes -- certainly more striking and expressive than ever, and on improving the articulation, which cannot have been easy. And beautiful photos, as usual. I didn't see it as a competition, but if my tinkering with it helped inspire you to keep perfecting it, I am very glad.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

30The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:39 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Those new eyes give him so much ‘soul’, he really looks like an ageless forest god now!
Flawless job on the improved articulation too, I genuinely can’t see how you’ve done it! Did you steal arms off another figure and transplant (hah, plant XD) them onto his original ones?

31The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Chip wrote:Great post , love your Groot figure , and I am just getting into Barbarians , so like your female Barbarian too , very skilled work all round , and great set of photos to boot . Well done .

Thank You Chip. Ahh, Barbarians ! I love them too. Can not wait to see Yours.  She´s a Druidess, a Keeper of nature. Not one of these simple minded muscle Guys. Insult her, and she will hex a wart on Your nose !  Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:Holy cow this looks awesome! Beautiful job on the eyes -- certainly more striking and expressive than ever, and on improving the articulation, which cannot have been easy. And beautiful photos, as usual. I didn't see it as a competition, but if my tinkering with it helped inspire you to keep perfecting it, I am very glad.

Thank You Gube and for to inspire me to do more. Sorry for the Joke, You know when i´m kidding  Wink That was the work of 1, 5 hours. 4 cuts with a saw, two holes drilled in the eyes, sculpting clay and a lazy paint job.... done Smile The eyes are wide open now, not so Groot like. But they are to beautyful to close them more with one ...two millimeters sculpting clay.

Lynkhart wrote:Those new eyes give him so much ‘soul’, he really looks like an ageless forest god now!
Flawless job on the improved articulation too, I genuinely can’t see how you’ve done it! Did you steal arms off another figure and transplant (hah, plant XD) them onto his original ones?

Thank You Lynkhart ! Great to hear from You. I don´t use all the plastic bodys anymore, since TBL made these seamless Bodys. Yep, i take the Arms of an unlucky old figure and give them to the Earth Elemental.... Thing Smile

32The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:21 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree with what everyone else has said, the eyes are magnificent and add so much life to this character! And you did an amazing job with the arm joints, looks so perfect. The paintjob and the added moss are just the right touch. Wonderful poses, as well. I love you

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

33The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The new eyes are fantastic. Wow! That is really impressive -- you can't even tell that you did that yourself. Too bad he isn't smiling in at least one of the pics -- any "man" with a girl that pretty would HAVE to have a smile on his face at least some of the time. Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Gift - Page 2 C8485110

34The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:06 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Such a majestic customization of the original figure, you have greatly improved upon and given more 'life' with the foliage and especially the eyes. He complements your nature goddess beautifully. This is what I try to do with Trey and Ashora, but maybe my monster needs to sprout some more shrubbery to attract another tree hugger?

35The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:36 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Awesome thread! love all the pics and the companionship between Groot and his friend Very Happy .

36The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:35 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So are these entirely new (lower?) arms, Ephiane? Did you sculpt over them to match the bark surface?

37The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:24 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hey Gube, if You want to do this with Your Groot... i was talking just about double ellbow joints... but You need the upper arm joint to. If not there will be a missing movement.
You can already see, where i glued the Hot Toys arms in. I was very lazy, not my best sculpting job  Laughing But i want to add more little plants on the arms, so much of the arms are hidden then. I use again Milliput sculpting clay

The Gift - Page 2 Caucas11

The Gift - Page 2 0051410

38The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:03 pm

Hellborn59

Beautiful. Smile

39The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:30 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GROOT!

And he's got some new elbow joints! Fantastic work, he looks like a living being with all that stuff on him, the glass eyes give him a softness. The photos are lovely, and like I said, this is how Groot should always look, at least to me.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Gift - Page 2 1f60e

40The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:04 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for explaining Ephiane. I think it worked out beautifully. Well done.

41The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:21 am

Diana

Diana
Your photos, and mods, are just spectacular! Love everything about them.
And holy cow! I did not see that those weren't the original arms. I thought you had just replaced the joint. Respect. Smile

And your druid... love her. Is that a babydoll face? Love her new curls, but I did like the earlier mane, too. Smile

42The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:38 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive mods. It isn’t even apparent how much you actually did they all turned out so good. I wonder, does FaceApp not work on him since he doesn’t have a “human” face...?

43The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:03 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thank You very much for the nice comments, Friends.

Diana, Yes that´s the HT Babydoll face. But meanwhile You can get very good cheap copys. Maybe some Friends here have a Copy and can show You in Hand pictures ?

Stryker, it´s not so easy to get the faceapp work. Sometimes You need to test many angles of the camera, light... and so on. Bearded Characters are hard go get and non human creatures You will get really really hard. I never see a Groot smiling, but without the App i can lift his labial angle.  Wink

The Gift - Page 2 002_ko10

..the Gobbo face i sculpted works well with the App and the warg  Laughing

The Gift - Page 2 00420
The Gift - Page 2 00515
The Gift - Page 2 00222

44The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:12 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Nicely done on all of them. So nice to see your little Warg (or big Warg) looking so happy.

45The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:09 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool. Nicely done on all of them. So nice to see your little Warg (or big Warg) looking so happy.

He looks creepy at this picture not happy Laughing But he was happy little fellow by his nature Wink

46The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent work on all of them, Ephiane. And once again you have improved the product with your modification (Babydoll).

47The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Sat May 01, 2021 2:49 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
This thread is excellent, still remember it as one of the first I saw on this board. Always impressed by your work.

The best thing is your change of the arms. Very clever! Smile

48The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Sun May 02, 2021 1:53 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks so much Friends ! I added some Outdoor Pictures by a walk in the woods.

The Gift - Page 2 01312
The Gift - Page 2 00819
The Gift - Page 2 01111
The Gift - Page 2 01610
The Gift - Page 2 01911

The Gift - Page 2 01411

49The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Sun May 02, 2021 2:02 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I love these new shots. They look so adorable together. Excellent photos, Ephi.

50The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Sun May 02, 2021 5:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, they look absolutely adorable. And Groot fits in with the forest trees beautifully, he's just a lot younger than them, apparently. Smile You do an excellent job posing your figures realistically, not to mention bravely in the middle of the natural environment. And I'm totally stealing the first photo for backdrop purposes, just so you know. Smile

51The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 03, 2021 5:34 am

Diana

Diana
OMG they are SO CUTE!!! Awwww... so sweet these two. And such great use of FaceApp especially in these last few photos. And such natural posing! Completely believable. <3

52The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 03, 2021 6:20 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Groot fits in perfectly. I love the pictures!

53The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 03, 2021 7:09 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
This is so great! I missed the original thread but I'm glad it's back and you've made Groot even better. I love how you bring so much life to him with the addition of all the little plant bits, and the new joints are seamlessly integrated and work perfectly! And the glass eyes!  Shocked And yes, the two are adorable together. Brava Ephiane!

54The Gift - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gift Mon May 03, 2021 9:45 am

blackpool

blackpool
what a lovely couple, I love seeing the result next to the inspiration pics of the swamp guy... Fascinating work. Thanks a lot for sharing Eph!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum