OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:58 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
See subject.

Get your wallets ready and break open the KY!

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc 31464410

2TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:19 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very intriguing and indeed probably very expensive but she would fit nicely into my collection also I would like to get about 5 more of her horses.

3TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, the teaser is beautiful... and they get extra credit for spelling it correctly (in French).

4TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:27 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very intriguing and indeed probably very expensive but she would fit nicely into my collection also I would like to get about 5 more of her horses.

--

BAD WOLF-787:

Could this be your first quantity purchase (i.e. a case of six)?

5TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:05 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting. Looking forward to more reveals. This could be awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc C8485110

6TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:34 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
DeltaForceChung wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very intriguing and indeed probably very expensive but she would fit nicely into my collection also I would like to get about 5 more of her horses.

--

BAD WOLF-787:

Could this be your first quantity purchase (i.e. a case of six)?

Well probability not all at one time but maybe one a month like I did Tbleague Snow Soldier?

7TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:18 am

MarkEl

This shows promise!  The majority of physical accounts of Jeanne d’Arc say she was short, sturdy with short black hair.  I’m sure they’ll take some poetic license with her appearance for marketing reasons.  Looking forward to seeing more images.  I wonder if it comes with a pillar or stake?

8TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Wed May 02, 2018 2:11 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Could be good!

CHEERS!

9TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Mon May 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Skippy

This is one of my most anticipated releases, as you might have guessed since I created the thread in the old place.

PopToys confirmed she would have Milla Jovovich's likeness.

The armour looks historically accurate for the period, even though she isn't wearing a complete set. We can forgive her since she was neither a knight nor a trained man-at-arms.

Dunois, the "Bastard of Orléans" who lead the defence of the city during the siege and joined Jeanne on the campaigns of 1429, said, "She could not bear her heavy plate armour."

10TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Mon May 21, 2018 12:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There is actually some debate over whether plate armor is any heavier than chain mail, the argument being that it is actually lighter (and therefore an improvement). But a fine figure nonetheless, and an interesting observation. There are no contemporary images of Jeanne in armor, but something close to that, in full plate armor, does exist from later in the 15th century.

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Joan_of_Arc_miniature_graded

11TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Mon May 21, 2018 12:19 pm

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:There is actually some debate over whether plate armor is any heavier than chain mail, the argument being that it is actually lighter (and therefore an improvement). But a fine figure nonetheless, and an interesting observation. There are no contemporary images of Jeanne in armor, but something close to that, in full plate armor, does exist from later in the 15th century.

The plate usually has some mail underneath it, as in the picture you posted. The rest of the passage about Dunois' comment was that she was seen wearing only mail.

Well, I'm willing to forgive a lot with this figure because she was literally a maverick.

12TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Mon May 21, 2018 12:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Maverick indeed. Part of the allegation of her being a witch during her trial was that she was wearing men's clothes.

13TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Mon May 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Maverick indeed. Part of the allegation of her being a witch during her trial was that she was wearing men's clothes.

Exactly. That's why I couldn't agree with shazzdan on OSW when he was saying that the figure wasn't accurate.

While it follows the pattern of the Milla Jovovich movie, you can also argue that Jeanne could wear whatever she felt comfortable with. She wasn't a knight or a man-at-arms, but a rallying point - The Messenger as in the film title.

14TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Mon May 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oooh, this looks interesting! I can’t really comment on the armour as you guys have covered it far better than I ever could, but the horse armour on the other hand...where’s the rest of it? Laughing The neck and shoulders are completely unprotected which seems bizarre when you see how much attention to detail they’ve paid to everything else. The bit is also totally in the wrong place and the saddle needs to come forward more, but other than that it’s looking pretty nice!

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

15TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Mon May 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Skippy

Lynkhart wrote:Oooh, this looks interesting! I can’t really comment on the armour as you guys have covered it far better than I ever could, but the horse armour on the other hand...where’s the rest of it? Laughing The neck and shoulders are completely unprotected which seems bizarre when you see how much attention to detail they’ve paid to everything else. The bit is also totally in the wrong place and the saddle needs to come forward more, but other than that it’s looking pretty nice!

Good points!

Looks as though they've followed the film too closely with regard to the lightly armoured horse.

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Jovovich_joan_of_arc

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc 3f90306d2259c01e0949a8155998269e

And with Jeanne wearing the armour taken from a Burgundian, after giving her first harness to the town of Saint Denis:

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Hqdefault

16TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Mon May 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm looking forward to the full reveal. It will be interesting to see that armor from all angles. Not sure I'd want the horse or not...

(By the way, Asta. Love your signature image. I'd love to see all three of them done as 1/6 figures; they're always on my list of figures I'd like to see made).

17TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Mon May 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:(By the way, Asta. Love your signature image. I'd love to see all three of them done as 1/6 figures; they're always on my list of figures I'd like to see made).

Ah, that would be great!

I love The Thin Man series (obviously!)

18TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Fri May 25, 2018 6:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m no expert when it comes to armor, but that looks pretty cool.

19TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Fri May 25, 2018 6:23 am

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I’m no expert when it comes to armor, but that looks pretty cool.

It looks fantastic.

I was so busy uploading photos to three forums that I didn't realise that she also had the parts to make the  Burgundian armour as well.

POPTOYS 1/6 Saint Knight—Charge version/Triumph version/War horse EX019-A&EX019-B&EX019-C

POPTOYS 1/6 EX019-A Saint Knight Charge version

List:

Female head with simulate hair
Short hairstyle head
Female body
Hands*4(two outstretched steel hands + two holding steel hands)

Clothes:

Brown cotton
Brown pants
Upper hauberk
Helmet
Gorget
Plate armor
Arm armors
Cuisse
Dark leather armed belt
Dark leather belt

Weapon:

Flag
Flagpole
Cross sword
Scabbard

Other accessories:

Black bracket

Note: 80 percent of metal and PVC

POPTOYS 1/6 EX019-B Saint Knight Triumph version

List:

Female head with simulate hair
Short hairstyle head
Female body
Hands*4(two outstretched steel hands + two holding steel hands)

Clothes:

Blue shirt
Brown pants
Upper hauberk
Helmet
Gorget
Plate armor
Arm armors
Cuisse
Dark leather armed belt
Dark leather belt

Weapon:

Flag
Flagpole
Cross sword
Scabbard

Other accessories:

Black bracket

Note: 80 percent of metal and PVC

POPTOYS 1/6 EX019-C Saint Knight—War horse

List:

White war horse
Silvery horse helmet
Silvery horse breastplate
Brown leather cloth
Leather saddle and harness

Note: The figure in the pictures is only for displaying. It is required to buy separately.

20TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Fri May 25, 2018 6:56 am

blackpool

blackpool
wow that looks veeeeeery cool!!! that's gonna be hard to pass on that one, really nice work!

21TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Fri May 25, 2018 7:24 am

Skippy

Going to need all three sets.

The lighter armour on horseback holding the banner.

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc 3829513-8797859041-jeann

The fuller on foot, as she was before the walls of Paris.

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc K5MwB9E

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc YTloaJr

22TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Fri May 25, 2018 8:30 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very very cool. Love that she comes with both heads (and hair), and the overall look and the details seem excellent. I suspect the horse is just a statue, but still very finely done. Thanks for posting the additional images.

23TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Fri May 25, 2018 8:47 am

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Very very cool. Love that she comes with both heads (and hair), and the overall look and the details seem excellent. I suspect the horse is just a statue, but still very finely done. Thanks for posting the additional images.

I prefer 1/6 horses (and dogs) to be statues as I think they look more realistic.

Used to have the Dragon horse, Blitz. But was never really happy with it because of all the joints.

Photo nabbed from an Ebay listing:

TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc 545fe1cd-7fcc-40dc-a4d2-45f5c0331820

24TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Fri May 25, 2018 9:25 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Asta, I agree that the statues do look more realistic, but then again, they deliver only one look. And that is not the point of an action figure. I mean, you could easily say the same thing about human figures. I have no problem with statues (and I think plenty of statues look great and make for wonderful art), but I don't find them interactive and fulfilling as a collectible in the same way. I believe I have the same (or very similar) Dragon horse -- my first sixth-scale horse ever. I will give you this, too -- statue horses are easier to use (more stable) than articulated ones. But I object to them on principle (within the world of action figures).

25TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Empty Re: TEASER | POPTOYS | 1:6 Jeanne D'Arc Fri May 25, 2018 9:42 am

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Asta, I agree that the statues do look more realistic, but then again, they deliver only one look. And that is not the point of an action figure. I mean, you could easily say the same thing about human figures. I have no problem with statues (and I think plenty of statues look great and make for wonderful art), but I don't find them interactive and fulfilling as a collectible in the same way. I believe I have the same (or very similar) Dragon horse -- my first sixth-scale horse ever. I will give you this, too -- statue horses are easier to use (more stable) than articulated ones. But I object to them on principle (within the world of action figures).

It's a Catch-22 situation that I understand all too well.

I could never collect statues, precisely for the reasons you state. I love action figures because you can pose them however you want, even if I often just find a pose and leave them like that. Though you still have the options to change them, modify them, dress them differently. I like to cover joints where possible, but generally prefer a jointed figure over a seamless one, or else I'm afraid to leave it posed in case the skin splits. Which defeats the object of the seamless body.

I look on animals differently because it's hard to make them jointed and not lose out aesthetically.

The only statues I collect are 1/6 scale resin dogs by companies such as Border Fine Art, Country Artists, Sherratt & Simpson, and so on. I see them as companion pieces for the action figures.

As you wrote, a non-movable horse does provide a stable platform. I use stands for all my figures because they give me a sense of security, and I know some people object to stands. So the horse becomes the stand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum