OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Ovy

Ovy
Hey people. It's another culture from my post-apocalyptic world, represented by two characters.

The Cargo People or Cargonites, or however the members of those tiny states like to be called, are located at the Northern European Atlantic Coasts.

They are descendants of quarantine survivors, as well as Cargoship and Navy crews.  When the 'Plague' wiped out most of the world, the inhabitants of coast based quarantine camps were the last to use radio communication among each other. Sea blockades by NATO and Russia were supposed to protect the ports from Cargoships that might be infected. The weeks passed, Cargoships started to trade goods among each other, some tried to rush to the ports, some sought their luck elsewhere. The Navy Ships became fewer.
When mostly mothers and small children were left in the camps, they coordinated and controlled the influx of surviving Cargoship Crews from all around the world to minimize infection risks, casualties and overpopulation by male survivors. When the Plague was gone, they had to form a new society.

Today, the Cargo States are still mostly run by women, while men are there for manual labour tasks and protection. Big influential families are leading the little states. They like to show their wealth, often relics from containers of the many old rusting cargoship skeletons. Wealth is relative. If a piece of deco jewelry looks better than a real diamond, it's worth more.

The settlements along the coast are loosely connected by trade or festivities, but are far from united. Piracy, theft and feuds among the families are an issue, but no war had been fought yet. Games and Vodka settle a lot of disputes.

The people of the Cargo Stats mostly follow a feminist religion called Mammameri. Mammameri is a mythical figure and might be a combination of Holy Mary, historical figures like Jeanne d'arc, Superheroes and fictional characters. The distinction between book religions and entertainment fiction seems to be completely lost by now. Mammameri is often depicted as a tall, sometimes flying figure wielding a sword, often with strong red accents and surrounded by loyal male soldiers.
Some say she might have killed most of the population hundreds of years ago by releasing her eleventh plague and her three dragons. Maybe it was revenge on humanity for nailing her only son Inri to a mast. The stories and interpretation vary widely among the Cargo Nations and are often bent for political advantages.

Chyvlanska is the daughter of an influential matriarch, her palace located in a stranded and fortified Cargo ship. She chose her bodyguard Yurgel-Paulek from her mother's pool of soldiers. She liked his smile and humour and his ability to only talk when necessary.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-004001

Her favourite fairy tale is red riding hood. That's why everything has to be red. Her favourite part of the tale was when Red Riding hood used her grandmothers combat knife and sliced her way out of the wolfbeasts belly and saved the handsome huntsman. She wants to get out there, and trade with the fearsome forest monsters, with the mirror sects or the shell people. Maybe get over to Africa one day.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-003853

Yurgel lifting his mask...
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-004134

...to reveal the best expression head ever. Whenever you are sad, just look at Yurgel smiling.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-003054

He is equipped with Painkiller Jane's Knife and one of the Katanas from my first figure from Triad Toys.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-002756

He makes other head sculpts smile.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-002136

He is wearing an ancient Russian titanium Altyn helmet and a Speznas Kevlar west.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-003134

For her head I got a cheap black plastic helmet. I think it might be from those super cheap under 20$ soldier figures on eBay. I put a red ballon and cheap jewelry over it.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-003200

The sword is from Hot Toys Alice.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-003229

Yurgel's best weapon: his charme, his dice, his Ukulele. It's a 1/12 guitar. It only had four strings so I thought it might be a good Ukulele.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-002158

I have many of those dice, I will use some of them as pearls for him later.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-002213

The Chinese storage boxes. The room is a bit empty, still. Might be the inside of a cargo container.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-002552

The boots of her outfit are from Painkiller Jane, the body is a 29 I think. Corset is leather.
url=https://postimg.cc/VdfHtg3K][7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-004810[/url]

To keep her Cargo in bay, I experimented with red balloons.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-004907

Very tight. It works, but I am afraid of damage. This was before the assymetrical outfit she is wearing now.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-005207

The compression effect is there.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-005241

Fooling around with shoulders.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190831-005303

Faceapp <3
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP Face-App-1567204377818

Faceapp on an already smiling face <3 <3 <3
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP Face-App-1567204424821

brassco

brassco
the balloons is a great idea. I used to make bikini using balloon too! You won't believe how easy that was.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting techniques and backstory. The FaceApp pics are hilarious.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome new additions to your ‘verse — I absolutely love their character designs, outfits, and backstory! Smile And I’m consistently intrigued and impressed by your knack for creating unique and aesthetically interesting garments — are you perchance a fashion designer in another life? Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool new characters... I was wondering where you were headed with the Cargonites, and now we have a pretty good idea. Absolutely love the details of the backstory, and the bit about Mammeri and her son Inri. Very nicely put together figures, too, with good choices of heads and clothing and accessories -- the balloons were very inventive, but ultimately I believe the cloth worked out better or will be safer and longer-lasting. As for Yurgel's smile... well, it is certainly entertaining... but lovable? (I have both head sculpts, too.) You mentioned something about the Red Riding Hood fairy tale involving her saving a huntsman, and hunstman made me think of Chris Hemsworth, who could easily pass for a Russian... so maybe one day she meets a Cargonite with a Thor head as her fairy tale prince and then there is a love triangle with Yurgel feeling jealous...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote: You mentioned something about the Red Riding Hood fairy tale involving her saving a huntsman, and hunstman made me think of Chris Hemsworth, who could easily pass for a Russian... so maybe one day she meets a Cargonite with a Thor head as her fairy tale prince and then there is a love triangle with Yurgel feeling jealous...

Another romance novel book cover? Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Another romance novel book cover? Laughing

LOL. Maybe. But not mine. Speaking of, Chad has been fully geared up for weeks for the next series.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Really awesome new characters, and inventive use of their wardrobe materials. Turned out really well. I was always curious about how one of those preset expression heads would translate with Faceapp, now I know haha.

Also, I don't know if it’s the lighting or what but her costume appears rather orange in those first photos. Which not only that but looking at her haircut too, I get strong Velma from Scooby Doo vibes. lol Which theeeen leads me to imagine the whole Mystery Gang in post-apocalyptic style.

Ovy

Ovy
brassco wrote:the balloons is a great idea. I used to make bikini using balloon too! You won't believe how easy that was.
Ha I know right? Barbie videos for children on Youtube inspred me. I guess it works best with normal hard bodies.

I experimented with a skirt, but it's very movement impairing the longer it gets.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190901-160659

Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting techniques and backstory. The FaceApp pics are hilarious.
Thanks! Faceapp is a funny, uncanny tool.

skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome new additions to your ‘verse — I absolutely love their character designs, outfits, and backstory! Smile And I’m consistently intrigued and impressed by your knack for creating unique and aesthetically interesting garments — are you perchance a fashion designer in another life? Wink
Thanks a lot! I don't work in that kind of industry, but maybe my ancestors designed Mammoth shoes and wolf pelt hats.

GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool new characters... I was wondering where you were headed with the Cargonites, and now we have a pretty good idea. Absolutely love the details of the backstory, and the bit about Mammeri and her son Inri. Very nicely put together figures, too, with good choices of heads and clothing and accessories -- the balloons were very inventive, but ultimately I believe the cloth worked out better or will be safer and longer-lasting. As for Yurgel's smile... well, it is certainly entertaining... but lovable? (I have both head sculpts, too.) You mentioned something about the Red Riding Hood fairy tale involving her saving a huntsman, and hunstman made me think of Chris Hemsworth, who could easily pass for a Russian... so maybe one day she meets a Cargonite with a Thor head as her fairy tale prince and then there is a love triangle with Yurgel feeling jealous...
Thanks, glad you like it. And it's fun to develop religions in post apocalyptic societies. I will add more Cargo Cult elements like selfie sticks with empty frames instead of phones etc. I don't know if everyone is familiar with the concept of Cargo Cult, it's a very interesting read:
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

And a bearded Chris Hemsworth would make a good forest dweller.
But concerning love-triangles and jealousy, it's much more easy going and liberal with the Cargonites. Those two might be travel companions and it might get very cozy in the tent sometimes, but no commitments. Chyvlanska wants to meet exciting exotic people on her travels and Yurgel is free to try his luck with anyone he meets and smiles at. They can also be each others wingmen. Razz

And a Chris Hemsworth does not have to be Russian - Yurgel's ancestors are partly Eastern European, mostly from Poland, but also from Finland. The Cargonites can come from all over the Atlantic coast, but there are no limits really. Like descendants of Chinese 1/6 scale part transportating Superfreighters that arrived hundreds of years ago.
Chyvlanska's family has roots in the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Poland and Czechia. Don't know her family name yet, but it might be something like...Vanleeuwen.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Really awesome new characters, and inventive use of their wardrobe materials. Turned out really well. I was always curious about how one of those preset expression heads would translate with Faceapp, now I know haha.

Also, I don't know if it’s the lighting or what but her costume appears rather orange in those first photos. Which not only that but looking at her haircut too, I get strong Velma from Scooby Doo vibes. lol Which theeeen leads me to imagine the whole Mystery Gang in post-apocalyptic style.
Thank you very much! I wonder how the other expression heads might look like.

And yes it's a bit more orange, more so on the photos. The contrast might be stronger because of all the other, 'bluer' reds and the white light. I guess scooby doo himself might be some kind of mutant. Or however the dog is called.

I had another try with the skirt, this time, leather. Made from a dark red leather scrap. I seem to have some kind of leather thinning OCD, it's always a mess.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190901-161435

There will be more jewellery and chains in there. What do you think about the shapes? Leave it rectangular and at this length?  And yes she has red balloon🎈 pants now. Maybe she will get permanent creases from it, but I think it looks natural.
url=https://postimg.cc/bZqByHhj][7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190901-161713[/url]

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190901-161946

Important Mammamerian women need swords. I combined the Painkiller Jane belt wilt some red stripes and thread to hold the sheath. They don't have a lot of historical knowledge about swordfighting of the past, as they can't distinct between fiction and fact. Maybe she looked at Mangas without understanding the words and context, as far as I know they are all running around with swords there. So she needed one. It's actually a cheap Chinese replica deko sword, but she doesn't know. And wouldn't care. (By the way, I only ever read one manga, Uzumaki by Junji Ito. If you don't know it, Google at own risk)
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190901-161459

Tiny feather. I found it this way. How does one acquire tiny 1/6 feathers? Cut the tip of real ones?
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190901-161546

That 325$ Collier is actually a pair of 1€ earrings.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190901-161731

The helmet was not very high in quality, I had problems to put the red helmet cover in there. And it shines through. So I primed it matte and glued everything in place...
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190901-161907

Added some cloth hanging out the back of the helmet, can be used as a scarf. Or cover for posing.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190901-162139

But her main weapon, besides Yurgel, would be that tiny crossbow I am working on, based on a cheap badly rated 50lbs crossbow pistol I saw on Amazon. It's made of the lower part of Painkiller Janes H&K P8. Some work to do still. I will probably paint it red and add jewelry.

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190901-161311

I was thinking about getting another larger crossbow for another character. The 1/6 ones are quite pricey, but then I stumbled upon toothpick crossbows. It seems this was a big thing in China two years ago, the parents didn't like it. They look like something handcrafted from the apocalypse, are about 1/6 scale and seem to be cheaper. And they can penetrate aluminium cans with toothpicks, wtf.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL The things you make me learn! I had never heard of cargo cults, but it was a mildly amusing read. Love that Prince Philip has a cult following -- for so demure a person it is a wonderful development. And then the more ominous: "Many Melanesians believed that Western manufactured goods were created by ancestral spirits, but the occupiers had unfairly gained control of them (as the occupiers in question had no visible means of producing said goods themselves)." Is Marxist fiction ingrained in us biologically? Nice new outfit elements and accessories.

Your lady is ready to join the set of the next Star Wars film -- and I mean that in a good way (if there is still such a thing as meaning it in a good way where Star Wars is concerned).

I'm sure Chinese parents did not appreciate their kids firing toothpicks at them with their little toothpick crossbows. It's against Confucian tenets to do that to your parents! And against the Bible, too! And probably against Mao's Little Red Book, but I am just guessing... Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like what you’ve done with her skirt, and that crossbow is cool.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL The things you make me learn! I had never heard of cargo cults, but it was a mildly amusing read. Love that Prince Philip has a cult following -- for so demure a person it is a wonderful development. And then the more ominous: "Many Melanesians believed that Western manufactured goods were created by ancestral spirits, but the occupiers had unfairly gained control of them (as the occupiers in question had no visible means of producing said goods themselves)." Is Marxist fiction ingrained in us biologically? Nice new outfit elements and accessories.

Your lady is ready to join the set of the next Star Wars film -- and I mean that in a good way (if there is still such a thing as meaning it in a good way where Star Wars is concerned).

I'm sure Chinese parents did not appreciate their kids firing toothpicks at them with their little toothpick crossbows. It's against Confucian tenets to do that to your parents! And against the Bible, too! And probably against Mao's Little Red Book, but I am just guessing... Smile
Hah, glad to teach you, but he feeling is mutual! You might not know it, but I had your guidance when cutting Yurgel's Neck and dremeling all that nasty resin dust into a plastic bag!

And Star Wars? Now that you say it, there was that red Alien leaning on the pod Racer balcony that was killed off screen in the Han Solo movie. The bright orange red was similar. And that purple shape shifter with helmet and cloth mask. Or what did you mean? I guess it's the red helmet...

And it seems the parents weren't the targets, but all out crossbow wars in Chinese classrooms and schoolyards turned out to be problematic somehow.

Stryker2011 wrote:I like what you e done with her skirt, and that crossbow is cool.
Thanks! And I will get back on the crossbow.
Now I was figuring out how to improve the clothing. The red cloth under the corset was very frizzy because of those threads holding everything together. Looked more like thick wool.  It also distorted the form of the corset and moved around a lot. And her cargo looked quite big.

First, I added some cheapspensive looking wristband to hide evil joints.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004108

And then experimented with layers on the upper body.  Those would be five - bra, corset, the frizzy clothing from before (more of an apron really),  a scarf/poncho which can also be tucked into the helmet. And finally the belt with the sword.

Simple tuck in bra. With actress pose. Actually, she took drama classes in Rottyldammen and was on stage in Hambryugze. She only wanted to play the heroes or Mammameri herself.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-003920

She needs a theme song. Actually every figure needs a theme song, or at least each faction some kind of music genre. For the Cargonites I wanted a mix of classical music, female vocals and something cinematic. And a bit quirky or goofy. Because Yurgel and Chyvlanska are the goofballs of this universe. A bit western maybe.
So Idiscovered a 'Wild Horde' theme by Morricone with female vocals. That's what plays in her head when she rides her bike down the hill. Or her horse? ...a mule?

...and this song actually describing her nature!

+Scarf
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004443

+ Belt
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004507

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004225

+Corset
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004254

Poncho style
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004350

+Helmet
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004419

Another try with more support.

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004542

Didn't hold for long, as you can see. But the open corset combined with Yurgel's helmet looks cool.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004601

They swapped, actually.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004634

Last try: with a ring.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004702

Apron directly worn over it, without corset
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004732

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004841

+Corset ( a bit loose, takes some time to tie)
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004911

+Apron
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004937

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004937

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-005000

And everything combined.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-004806

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190904-005022

Whadduyathink?

Valiarde

Valiarde
Wow I really like it!

Together with you music the whole thing looks like a well done state of art. Like a really good conceptual design with everything in place.
I'm just not sure if i like the orange fabric. The type of wool/fabric could be different. Or maybe its the color.
I like the outfit with the corset and the scarf.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The ring seemed to work. It seems to me that her more exposed look (albeit with different colors and details) might be more suitable to your Sea People culture.

blackpool

blackpool
Really love all the custom clothes you have designed for her, very interesting use of materials and very cool shapes and cuts! The backstory is awesome, and those faceapps shots!!! (I never have enough of these!)

Thanks for sharing!

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Yurgel is amazing, I love him already. XD

I really like the tucked in bra look best I think, it’s much more practical and flattering than the other tops. What’s the material btw, it has really nice texture!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, loving this. The Cargo States is a fascinating take on a post apocalyptic world, and both characters are really fresh designs. And best use of that smiling headsculpt I've seen.

And I have to say, this is my favorite take on her top:

Inspiring work!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, loving this.  The Cargo States is a fascinating take on a post apocalyptic world, and both characters are really fresh designs.  And best use of that smiling headsculpt I've seen.  

Inspiring work!

Agreed. This is mine as well.

Ovy

Ovy
Valiarde wrote:Wow I really like it!

Together with you music the whole thing looks like a well done state of art. Like a really good conceptual design with everything in place.
I'm just not sure if i like the orange fabric. The type of wool/fabric could be different. Or maybe its the color.
I like the outfit with the corset and the scarf.

Thanks a lot! Yes I fail to get the color right on the photos, it's really not that orange actually.

GubernatorFan wrote:The ring seemed to work. It seems to me that her more exposed look (albeit with different colors and details) might be more suitable to your Sea People culture.
Yep the ring works. Thanks. Maybe she can use the more exposed outfit when visiting the shell people beaches.

blackpool wrote:Really love all the custom clothes you have designed for her, very interesting use of materials and very cool shapes and cuts! The backstory is awesome, and those faceapps shots!!! (I never have enough of these!)

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks a lot, and yes you are right about Faceapp of course. But I use the free version.

Lynkhart wrote:Yurgel is amazing, I love him already. XD

I really like the tucked in bra look best I think, it’s much more practical and flattering than the other tops. What’s the material btw, it has really nice texture!
Thank you! Yes that smiling headsculpt is amazing. The material is from cheap red tights, very flexible. Try-on socks would be the cheapest alternative, but only in brown it seems.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Man, loving this.  The Cargo States is a fascinating take on a post apocalyptic world, and both characters are really fresh designs.  And best use of that smiling headsculpt I've seen.  

Inspiring work!
Thank you! Good to hear that you find them 'fresh'! And that you like our Yurgel. Happy to inspire (each other)

Stryker2011 wrote:

Inspiring work!

Agreed. This is mine as well.

Thanks!

Well, I had all that red Painkiller Jane stuff and red leather and red fabric lying around and still had more ideas for Chyvlanskas outfits. So I decided to create another character. I got another red haired head and a s21 body. She wears the red Jane pants and the oversized male jiaudoll tank top.

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-223858

It's the YM toys head that comes in three colours. Here next to the black haired, which I painted a little. They don't look like twins. actionfiguremovies2 used the blonde version for his Spider Gwen.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-224056

I made a two coloured leather jacket.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-223921

But not that happy. I don't know how to cut it exactly. The oversized s21 chest doesn't help. While the body looks cool and strong and athletic, that chest is just ridiculous.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-225219

I made a new top. She looks like your regular post apocalyptic urban samurai lady.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-224924

The boots are cheap eBay boots I actually bought for Yurgel. They are stiff and the metal ball joints don't really fit, so I decided to cut them up an reinforce them with a mould making putty. Not perfect but better than before. If anyone knows how to make stiff boots useable, I am open for suggestions. Maybe pour in some resin? I will cover the visible joints with red leather and fabric.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-224326

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-224357

The second top whitout jacket...I have to repair it, some threads failed.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-224809

Some experiments. She looks ready for a performance in a Russian orthodox church.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-224825

She lent Chyvlanskas helmet. Spezial Forzes 3126 A.D. (or whatever year it is)
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-224847

Upgrade with cool headband. I think it looks much cooler?
Also some suspenders. I don't have red elastic fabric/ band or 1/6 belt buckles, but it's enough for now.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-225426

The backside with red ring.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-225846

So, who is this new tough character? I first thought it might be Chyvlanskas sister. But she looks older and more mature, which would move her up in hierarchy.
More fitting is a personal handmaiden/childhood/friend/bodyguard and trusted advisor/trainer. Why red? Maybe it's their house colours or she is a stand-in /stunt-double for Chyvlanska. Whenever her skilled handmaiden does something cool and heroic and stories spread, Chyvlanska can claim the credit...for the greater good of course. Heihei Mammameri!
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-230013

Soundtrack? Cinematic, badass and mysterious. Morricone again. Inspired me a lot when making the figure. With vocals and whitout, there can never be enough Morricone.

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-230035

I wanted to give her that Chinese toothpick crossbow that arrived  this week. But it's too big and clunky for a female character, so Yurgel might get it. I guess I will have to make a medieval style wooden crossbow for her. Then she can claim the Willhelm Tell Ouvertüre. Name, Villma? Don't know yet. Cram some Finland, Norway, Spain and Latvia origins in there.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP PSX-20190929-224121

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool additions. That jacket you ended up not liking looked impressive in its own way, and certainly not out of place in a post-apocalyptic environment. As for stiff boots, I think you have the right idea. I did the same with the TBLeague second Hercules sandal-boots, but haven't put them to use yet. Insofar as it is visible, the lighter-colored interior should be painted to match the boots. It's amazing how much difference just a bit of color and hair styling can make to the identical female heads.
Two notes of disagreement:
- between Communism and Pussy Riot, hasn't the Russian Orthodox Church suffered enough that you ascribe to it that half-clan, half-hijab ski-mask thing?
- it occurs to me that when it comes to the mixing of cultures and peoples, elements tend to be borrowed whole and then paired with others they would not normally be found next to. So not every name need to be made up of 2+ different languages. You're more likely to end up with first and last (and middle?) names that don't seem to match than with actual hybrid name words. So something like Olga Aimee Schmidt and Gertrud Jadwiga Fedorovna are more likely than Oltrud Aidwiga Fedmidt, and so on.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Awesome costumes and soundtrack. Though, whenever I hear/see Ennio Morricone, I can't help but hear The Ecstasy of Gold. My dad is to blame!!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Awesome costumes and soundtrack. Though, whenever I hear/see Ennio Morricone, I can't help but hear The Ecstasy of Gold. My dad is to blame!!

That’s my favorite piece of music from that film, as well. That woman had a set of pipes on her. Morricone was a musical genius using voices as part of the orchestra in ways still being copied and emulated today, but very few composers can really match his style.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It's all great, loving the mini crossbow. Also the guy reminds me of the rivet city guards in fallout 3. 👍

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Well, some months passed...but I haven't forgotten to answer you.

GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool additions. That jacket you ended up not liking looked impressive in its own way, and certainly not out of place in a post-apocalyptic environment. As for stiff boots, I think you have the right idea. I did the same with the TBLeague second Hercules sandal-boots, but haven't put them to use yet. Insofar as it is visible, the lighter-colored interior should be painted to match the boots. It's amazing how much difference just a bit of color and hair styling can make to the identical female heads.
Two notes of disagreement:
- between Communism and Pussy Riot, hasn't the Russian Orthodox Church suffered enough that you ascribe to it that half-clan, half-hijab ski-mask thing?
- it occurs to me that when it comes to the mixing of cultures and peoples, elements tend to be borrowed whole and then paired with others they would not normally be found next to. So not every name need to be made up of 2+ different languages. You're more likely to end up with first and last (and middle?) names that don't seem to match than with actual hybrid name words. So something like Olga Aimee Schmidt and Gertrud Jadwiga Fedorovna are more likely than Oltrud Aidwiga Fedmidt, and so on.
Well, a lot of the post apocalyptic religious practices of the European Atlantic Area is borrowed from orthodox church, so they won in the end, in a way. Very Happy

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Awesome costumes and soundtrack. Though, whenever I hear/see Ennio Morricone, I can't help but hear The Ecstasy of Gold. My dad is to blame!!
Yay, it's one of my favourites too. But too epic for now, I will only use it for an epic photoshoot.

Theboo-bomb wrote:It's all great, loving the mini crossbow. Also the guy reminds me of the rivet city guards in fallout 3. 👍
Funny, as the Cargo State cities are based around stranded dead cargoships. Very Happy

Just realized I haven't posted these images yet, they are some months old now. The Cargo State Trio will get a workover, next year probably as there is a lot I am not pleased with.

Chyvlanska Maria Deleeuwenhoek of Roterdammen, her bodyguard and jester Yurgel-Paulek and her trusted friend, advisor and protector: Vylmalita, or just Vyl.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP Ky01

I used the velcro attached padding from the speznatz helmet.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP Ky02

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP Ky04

The mustachinator is made from spare lamb hair and Alice's baton.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP Ky10

Yurgel got some more jewelry, and a lot of dice as lucky charms to help in  his gambling.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP Y1

Can you find Chewie and his Co-pilot?
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP Y5

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Fun new photos of the trio, and nicely shot too. Looking forward to seeing where you take your Cargonites.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum