OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Awesome costumes and soundtrack. Though, whenever I hear/see Ennio Morricone, I can't help but hear The Ecstasy of Gold. My dad is to blame!!

That’s my favorite piece of music from that film, as well. That woman had a set of pipes on her. Morricone was a musical genius using voices as part of the orchestra in ways still being copied and emulated today, but very few composers can really match his style.

Theboo-bomb

It's all great, loving the mini crossbow. Also the guy reminds me of the rivet city guards in fallout 3. 👍

Ovy

Well, some months passed...but I haven't forgotten to answer you.

GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool additions. That jacket you ended up not liking looked impressive in its own way, and certainly not out of place in a post-apocalyptic environment. As for stiff boots, I think you have the right idea. I did the same with the TBLeague second Hercules sandal-boots, but haven't put them to use yet. Insofar as it is visible, the lighter-colored interior should be painted to match the boots. It's amazing how much difference just a bit of color and hair styling can make to the identical female heads.
Two notes of disagreement:
- between Communism and Pussy Riot, hasn't the Russian Orthodox Church suffered enough that you ascribe to it that half-clan, half-hijab ski-mask thing?
- it occurs to me that when it comes to the mixing of cultures and peoples, elements tend to be borrowed whole and then paired with others they would not normally be found next to. So not every name need to be made up of 2+ different languages. You're more likely to end up with first and last (and middle?) names that don't seem to match than with actual hybrid name words. So something like Olga Aimee Schmidt and Gertrud Jadwiga Fedorovna are more likely than Oltrud Aidwiga Fedmidt, and so on.
Well, a lot of the post apocalyptic religious practices of the European Atlantic Area is borrowed from orthodox church, so they won in the end, in a way. Very Happy

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Awesome costumes and soundtrack. Though, whenever I hear/see Ennio Morricone, I can't help but hear The Ecstasy of Gold. My dad is to blame!!
Yay, it's one of my favourites too. But too epic for now, I will only use it for an epic photoshoot.

Theboo-bomb wrote:It's all great, loving the mini crossbow. Also the guy reminds me of the rivet city guards in fallout 3. 👍
Funny, as the Cargo State cities are based around stranded dead cargoships. Very Happy

Just realized I haven't posted these images yet, they are some months old now. The Cargo State Trio will get a workover, next year probably as there is a lot I am not pleased with.

Chyvlanska Maria Deleeuwenhoek of Roterdammen, her bodyguard and jester Yurgel-Paulek and her trusted friend, advisor and protector: Vylmalita, or just Vyl.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 Ky01

I used the velcro attached padding from the speznatz helmet.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 Ky02

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 Ky04

The mustachinator is made from spare lamb hair and Alice's baton.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 Ky10

Yurgel got some more jewelry, and a lot of dice as lucky charms to help in  his gambling.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 Y1

Can you find Chewie and his Co-pilot?
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 Y5

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Fun new photos of the trio, and nicely shot too. Looking forward to seeing where you take your Cargonites.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
They really do look like they have a lot of fun, and I LOVE the details on Yurgel’s vest!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very fun new pics. The posing reminds me of The Three Musketeers.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 C8485110

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Great backstory, excellent costumes and that smiling Painkiller Jane smiling face is just priceless!

Ovy

Ovy
Ups, some time passed.
But they had to take a backseat in favor of the forest and rainbow figures.

Just a small update, what always bothered me was the S21s giant chest. For Vylmalita I actually needed a strong and tall looking body befitting a bodyguard/athlete (she came from a circus, but that's a story for another time!) The shoulders can be made very broad, legs look very strong. But the waist is rather thin, only made thinner by the chest.

She will get a light leather armor, but first everything underneath 
had to be in place.  So elastic flat textile band was used for some kind of bandaging. It worked, but white looked boring, so red and black acrylics were applied and mixed, so there will be enough contrast between the lines.

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200614-191944

I only planned to make horizontal lines, but then this happened.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200614-192124

Also repainted the pale red lip head.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200614-192213

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200614-192429

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200614-192507

More cloth to create the illusion of a stronger waist.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200614-192610

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200614-192803

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200614-192909

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200614-192954

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This one looks absolutely gorgeous -- both the work on the head and that awesome top, which is sporty but not slutty, and works with the rest of the outfit.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a great top. What a neat idea.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
You have a really good sense for clothing design!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
She looks intimidating. Always looking forward to what you might come up next.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:This one looks absolutely gorgeous -- both the work on the head and that awesome top, which is sporty but not slutty, and works with the rest of the outfit.
Thanks a lot! It's rather fast and incredibly cheap. Maybe it will leave dents in the body, but I think I will leave it on anyway.

Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a great top. What a neat idea.
Thanks a lot!
skywalkersaga wrote:You have a really good sense for clothing design!
Thank you!
Theboo-bomb wrote:She looks intimidating. Always looking forward to what you might come up next.
Intimidating? That's good, that is part of her job.

I dug up the old Worbla reserves and made a segmented arm armor. She is an arm armor woman (scientific term) now I guess.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-231111

They are held together by a leather strip, and the elastic white cord and belt buckles turned into straps.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-231217

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-231916

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-232018

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-232105

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-232207

Also some mask and hood experiments.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-232236

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-232258

The hood is a tip of a grandma sock. She would have turned 100 on Sunday. 
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-232325

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-232402

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-232423

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-232445

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200615-232509

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, another sweet upgrade. The painted worbla does look a little makeshift, but I think that works very well in your scenario.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Sorry I missed your post the first time around, great looking characters, well done and thanks for sharing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool upgrade. Nice touch using the Worbla — looks solid after the paint job.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Ahhh how did I miss this newbie?! She’s wonderful! I love the headband and the elastic top, also her scars make her look really badass. She’s definitely one of my favourites of yours! (And Yurgel always cracks me up!)

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Arm armor woman! Wooo! cheers

The segmented arm armor is really cool and looks good. I personally like the mask + helmet combo, looks kind of like a samurai gladiator, a Samiator?

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 1f60e

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
What an awesome update to this wardrobe design. Vylmalita's first arm brace thing looks really cool, contrasts the red well. What did the parts and straps come from (or you made yourself)? Also, did you come up with her name by combining Velma and Alita Battle Angel? Razz

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Excellent non-surgical breast reduction technique, Dr. Ovy!
The elastic top is ingenious, achieves both form and function.
And very tactical too as the whole top is a MOLLE webbing.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Wow, that woven top is so cool, and the arm armor looks great! The texture has a nice has a nice hammered metal quality that's perfect in your post apocalyptic world. Awesome.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow, another sweet upgrade. The painted worbla does look a little makeshift, but I think that works very well in your scenario.
Thanks a lot. Yeah, more brutish makeshift...well more about that later.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Sorry I missed your post the first time around, great looking characters, well done and thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot!

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool upgrade. Nice touch using the Worbla — looks solid after the paint job.
Thanks a lot! Yeah, it looks solid, but somehow I wanted something smoother and thinner, scroll down.

Lynkhart wrote:Ahhh how did I miss this newbie?! She’s wonderful! I love the headband and the elastic top, also her scars make her look really badass. She’s definitely one of my favourites of yours! (And Yurgel always cracks me up!)
Thanks a lot!  Yeah, I haven't written much for them yet, but if Yurg is the fun guy best friend type, Vylmalita is the more cool headed, mentor/advisor kind of person of the trio.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Arm armor woman! Wooo! cheers

The segmented arm armor is really cool and looks good. I personally like the mask + helmet combo, looks kind of like a samurai gladiator, a Samiator?
Thanks, yeah still experimenting. They get a lot of history from fiction, so over the top samurai gladiator stuff is totally legit. Very Happy Samiator sound nice. Or Gladurai?

AlKelAstra91 wrote:What an awesome update to this wardrobe design. Vylmalita's first arm brace thing looks really cool, contrasts the red well. What did the parts and straps come from (or you made yourself)? Also, did you come up with her name by combining Velma and Alita Battle Angel? Razz
The strapping was just a regular white elastic textile band I colored in reds and blacks and let it blend, then I just started wrapping and webbing. The little belt buckle thingies are some Chinese eBay stuff.
And no, ha, didn't think of Alita, haven't watched that yet. I wanted something starting with Wil or Vyl as she will get a crossbow some day, and she has some serious Willem Tell skills. Just 'Vylma' was to short...that malita sounds a bit Spanish I guess. Could also be Finnish. So I liked that.

rollotomasi wrote:Excellent non-surgical breast reduction technique, Dr. Ovy!
The elastic top is ingenious, achieves both form and function.
And very tactical too as the whole top is a MOLLE webbing.
Haha, thanks. Yeah, liked the surprise MOLLE webbing too, I will definitely let her store something there.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Wow, that woven top is so cool, and the arm armor looks great!  The texture has a nice has a nice hammered metal quality that's perfect in your post apocalyptic world.  Awesome.
Thanks a lot! Yeah, I am torn about the texture, it is more fitting for another faction, the fringe civilizations between Cargo states and the forest tribes. More about that another time. 

The first attempt of arm armor already had slightly Roman vibes, but the Worbla 'metal' itself wasn't really detailed, bad texture (white Worbla) and no rivets etc. Although. I liked the straps.

I tried another, shiny material, it's thinner and has the right color already, also bendy and easy to cut. I will probably paint it red and black and let it weather itself with scratchy scratch marks.

I punched holes through the segments and the leather for the little brass nails. Didn't cut the ends off, yet. I don't want to glue it yet, still experimenting.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200718-222959

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200718-223020

Everything assembled. 
Will it bend, that is the question.

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200718-223050

Yes it bends.

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200718-223116

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200718-223135

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200718-223147

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200718-223227

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice work. Thanks for the WIP pics.

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice work. Thanks for the WIP pics.
Thanks Sir.

Here the backside with strapping attached. I made tiny rings to hold the nails in place and keep them moveable after cutting.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200719-221441

Here it is attached to the arm. It can bend and twist.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200719-221840

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200719-222013

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200719-222054

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200719-222114

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200719-222228

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. This is looking great. And I love how functional it turned out to be.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome work, Ovy! The results are very striking!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is great. So cool how tightly she can bend her arm. Genius level work on this.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. This is looking great. And I love how functional it turned out to be.
Thanks a lot, glad you appreciate it, you being a Roman honorary citizen after all. ;D
skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome work, Ovy! The results are very striking!
Thank you!
Stryker2011 wrote:That is great. So cool how tightly she can bend her arm. Genius level work on this.
Thanks sir, wouldn't have been possible with the thicker Worbla!

I took. A break from the torso armor, working on the legpieces.

I turned that old, thinned red leather piece that was once a lonicloth into a more flashy one. I love these tiny nails.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200726-231932

It's held with rings. Notice the belt, it it has nail rivets. I might turn into a river counter after all.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200726-232138

Then the tassets. I think I over engineered a bit, was actually planning to only use the aluminium directly on one cut out leather piece...ask if you don't understand what happens on the pics.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200726-232054

I painted more of the white rubber textile band (pre covid purchase for the hygienic mirror people, how ironic..) red and connected the pieces. I fear the space between the parts.might be too short. Added rings to the end to attach stuff.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200726-232115

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200726-232233

Here with the other old skirt pieces attached via rings.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200726-232420

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 2 PSX-20200726-232510

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks cool, very pseudo-samurai-like. Nice detail work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum